Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (70009 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by trilobite: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
bamdexfarms:
Nice write up, however some of your points are not valid anymore.
1. The current amount for blocked account has increased to 10,500€.
2. Houses in East Germany are cheaper and more affordable. However lesser jobs.
3. It's very important that you learn German even before you arrive here. Learn it up to A1 level at least else you may be frustrated. Most of the less stressful and lucrative jobs may require you to speak German to a certain level.
4. If you have a choice, avoid East Germany.

Blocked account money has increased!!! cry cry

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Ajibade123(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
If you are interested in work or study in Germany, Canada, Australia, Dubai check my signature

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by SooCute(m): 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
Davidflight:
The cost of living in Germany is nearly 100% higher than it is in Nigeria. But before you get panicky read on.

I would pardon you because you said "Average"
Dude we are burning mulla in Bayern
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by SweetCunt97(f): 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
SooCute:

Come throw some my way papi
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Cmanforall: 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria Vs Germany
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Ninokingz1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
@OP, base on your analysis and statistics leaving in UK is more expensive than Germany. Cause a close pal is paying almost 250 pounds a month for a flat.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by olalekan9320(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
shaw2:
No even allow ur village people push u go France.
It's better u travel to Equitoria guinea
even for those who understood French up to B2 level?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Davidflight: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
SooCute:

Oga, Bayern is a major city. Read the article properly. It's clearly stated that it's more expensive to live in the major cities.

Besides, it's also pointed out that your lifestyle could fuel your expenses. And from the tone of your comment, you seem to be the flamboyant type.

Cut down your expenses and learn investment habits. These should help.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Ogaonos: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Davidflight:
The cost of living in Germany is nearly 100% higher than it is in Nigeria. But before you get panicky read on.

I think importing foreign not for profit who have technical Nd vocational schools curriculum is d answer to our dead secondary school.bcosfrom d write-up u see wat each fees for but here in Nigeria sch esp uni.dept dues wat is it use for nobody knws
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by nwigwemark: 12:00am On Feb 22, 2020
I wonder where you got all these averages you are quoting, any way I can see Google in action in your write up. For me I spend about 350€ monthly in accommodation, transport and feeding. We don't buy books here and I don't buy clothes monthly. Next time I will advise you to interview people who are on ground and don't just rely on Google.
God bless us

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by abimcdssi: 12:05am On Feb 22, 2020
nwigwemark:
I wonder where you got all these averages you are quoting, any way I can see Google in action in your write up. For me I spend about 350€ monthly in accommodation, transport and feeding. We don't buy books here and I don't buy clothes monthly. Next time I will advise you to interview people who are on ground and don't just rely on Google.
God bless us
I was shocked when I saw €31 on phone and TV monthly

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by doggedfighter(f): 12:12am On Feb 22, 2020
kwenu:
why are you all killing yourself over Germany. they hardly grant visas these days. of what use is the information you ve posted here.

when you try to visit legally. they ll deny you visa but when you try illegal route and succeed they ll start to complain about Africans this , africans that. as if we are worse than terorists. all these western world nations na try your luck.

you guys should stop wasting time and money, look for a less popular country and travel to
Please can you mention some less popular countries,please
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by West2019(m): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2020
op what about the cost of living in Togo
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by ZeusP(m): 12:19am On Feb 22, 2020
Its Not Easy
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Davidflight: 12:20am On Feb 22, 2020
nwigwemark:
God bless us

Ok dear. But sorry to disappoint you.

3 people living and schooling in Germany were interviewed before this write-up was published.

2 are running a master's programme. The other is an undergraduate.

Besides, credible sources from Germany were consulted. Some of them were quoted in the write-up.

Don't conclude hastily. It unveils imbalance in assimilation.

The last drop! You can't tell if the OP had been to Germany.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by osazuwa23: 12:33am On Feb 22, 2020
So true i live and was born in america and i hate this toxic place after a while. Dont get me wrong usa has good infrastructure and nice place to live constant light but what i hate the most about america is the hostile culture they have towards non white people particularly blacks. As bad as nigeria is there a sense of community and i dont have to worry about my house being taken away and i can have my own private security. There should absolutely no reason why nigerians or africans in general should be living in these hostile oyigbo country suffering day in and out just to make money you wil end up losing . we africans and blacks are the ones supplying these guys with are hard earn money just to develop there communities.
RemoveKebab:
cry
If not for the useless leaders we have here

Why will I be spending 323k in oyinbo man's land when I can be a big boi here with that amount and even develop the economy.

And those useless leaders have sent all their children away from this country so as to escape what they have destroyed.

May the curse of all Nigerians dead or alive suffering from bad governance follow all their generations till eternity.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by hotmolo(m): 12:57am On Feb 22, 2020
promotervickky:
The country you all want to run to was developed by their citizens there, they now have systems that would suck your money legally!

Complete the last paragraph in your head

They were developed by the citizens and had well meaning leaders. we are ready to develop the country. are the leaders ready to be selfless?

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by ttmacoy: 1:11am On Feb 22, 2020
£250k a month? Kinide?

Ninokingz1:
@OP, base on your analysis and statistics leaving in UK is more expensive than Germany. Cause a close pal is paying almost 250k pounds a month for a flat.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by modaink333: 1:15am On Feb 22, 2020
Davidflight:

Please I desperately need an article on this about AUSTRIA

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by ttmacoy: 1:16am On Feb 22, 2020
It’s very simple, renounce your US citizenship, tear up the passport and move to Nigeria. I did some research for you and you just need to move and appear at the US embassy in Lagos and they will process it for you.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Renunciation-US-Nationality-Abroad.html

The reason you can have your private security is because the security guys are paid crap money hence pretty much slavery. If you pay a true living wage how many can afford their security and house helps etc?

osazuwa23:
So true i live and was born in america and i hate this toxic place after a while. Dont get me wrong usa has good infrastructure and nice place to live constant light but what i hate the most about america is the hostile culture they have towards non white people particularly blacks. As bad as nigeria is there a sense of community and i dont have to worry about my house being taken away and i can have my own private security. There should absolutely no reason why nigerians or africans in general should be living in these hostile oyigbo country suffering day in and out just to make money you wil end up losing . we africans and blacks are the ones supplying these guys with are hard earn money just to develop there communities.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by NaijaAlien: 1:21am On Feb 22, 2020
This here should be on the front page.....Say it Louder for those at the back.....
E go better for you
kings59:

In Nigeria here, you see people closing work around 9:30 p.m after working since 8:00 a.m.

Then when the person faint or collapse, they blame the devil.

I wonder why people don't place health first before wealth.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by NaijaAlien: 1:25am On Feb 22, 2020
Real Shit bro.........

osazuwa23:
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by abimcdssi: 1:46am On Feb 22, 2020
Davidflight:

3 people living and schooling in Germany were interviewed before this write-up was published.

Besides, credible sources from Germany were consulted. Some of them were quoted in the write-up.

But he/she just told you the average of what he/she spends on a monthly basis. Saw some expenses on that list that are exaggerated. Most students don't spend on public transport as long as your semester fee is paid(unless you are traveling out of the city/state of your studies). €168 for feeding in a month is a lot. Accommodation isn't as expensive as that for a lot of people except for Berlin and Bayern folks.€31 for phone, internet and TV is much. 4 people come together to pay €16 for premium Netflix. You'll get by with less than €500 conveniently. It's not that easy combining school with work and making €800 per month no be beans.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by amikable97: 1:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Davidflight:

I'm not trying to criticise your efforts o but if you really did your research well you would have known that the amount for blocked account was increased to €10,236 since July/August last year and it came into effect in September 2019...

Even after 2 to 3 people have pointed this out to you, you still don't wanna effect the correction... Don't you know that the information might mislead new readers that are not familiar with the process?
What matters most are the little bits of information... cool cool cool

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Sterope(f): 2:41am On Feb 22, 2020
The €850 estimation is too high.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Stewart883(m): 2:43am On Feb 22, 2020
You guys didn't talk about Germany's shitty weather angry angry

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Sterope(f): 2:43am On Feb 22, 2020
The people you interviewed don't know what they are saying or they have rich parents.

Davidflight:

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 22, 2020
Ninokingz1:
@OP, base on your analysis and statistics leaving in UK is more expensive than Germany. Cause a close pal is paying almost[b] 250k pounds[/b] a month for a flat.

250k pounds per month?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Davidflight: 3:38am On Feb 22, 2020
modaink333:

Please I desperately need an article on this about AUSTRIA

Wait for it. Stay tuned.

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 22, 2020
promotervickky:
The country you all want to run to was developed by their citizens there, they now have systems that would suck your money legally!

Complete the last paragraph in your head

I bet you are in your village.

Former British prime minister John Major lived here. Current president of France lived here, Clinton studied abroad but it's wrong for Nigerian to study abroad.

Useless reasoning from useless brain of a doomed country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth!