Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? (1748 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / What's The Salary For Non-medical HND Graduate At A University Teaching Hospital / Salary For Arik Air Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Good day nairalanders, I assumed a government job on the 12th of December 2019 after my documentation process which took about a month. As per the government policy of payment after 3 months, this is my third month in the job and I am expecting my 3 months salary. But I am a little confused whether it will be calculated from December because I fully assumed work on the 12th day of December. I need someone to clarify this issue for me because those I have asked have not been able to say anything tangible.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by burantashii: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2020
Which agency ?
though it's depend on how nice the HR are in. the agency ?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by BiafranBushBoy: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2020
I was probably thinking it was a private job.

I am not knowledgeable about how government agencies onboard employees.

But for a private sector, your payment is calculated based on number of days.

But I am not sure if government agencies have a HR personnel that calculates things in details.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Hhansome(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2020
You can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2020
burantashii:
Which agency ?
though it's depend on how nice the HR are in. the agency ?
Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:
I was probably thinking it was a private job.

I am not knowledgeable about how government agencies onboard employees.

But for a private sector, your payment is calculated based on number of days.

But I am not sure if government agencies have a HR personnel that calculates things in details.
Thank you
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2020
Hhansome:
You can.
You mean I can get paid?
I'll have to wait till next week when they start paying salary in order to know where I stand.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2020
Someone just told me that December can be added provided that I start work before 15th.

1 Like

Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by burantashii: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2020
Preferito:
Someone just told me that December can be added provided that I start work before 15th.

yes, you are good to go
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
Preferito:
Good day nairalanders, I assumed a government job on the 12th of December 2019 after my documentation process which took about a month. As per the government policy of payment after 3 months, this is my third month in the job and I am expecting my 3 months salary. But I am a little confused whether it will be calculated from December because I fully assumed work on the 12th day of December. I need someone to clarify this issue for me because those I have asked have not been able to say anything tangible.

No, you won't receive salary for the month of December.

I presume you wrote your acceptance letter by 12th of December, 2019, right? Well, writing acceptance letter is not synonymous with getting captured on the government's payroll.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
Preferito:

As a government employee, I would like to correct a wrong assumption here.

You will only get the December salary if you get captured on the payroll system before 15th. So, OP, did you get captured before/on 15th of December?
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
Yes off course here in Europe you can cause you being paid in hours
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
Halimvh:

As a government employee, I would like to correct a wrong assumption here.

You will only get the December salary if you get captured on the payroll system before 15th. So, OP, did you get captured before/on 15th of December?
I was deployed to my department and had my internal posting on the 12th. I also assumed work fully on the 12th.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Halimvh:

No, you won't receive salary for the month of December.

I presume you wrote your acceptance letter by 12th of December, 2019, right? Well, writing acceptance letter is not synonymous with getting captured on the government's payroll.

Using Kwara State as an example, if you're not captured before the 15th of any month, then you can forget about the salary for that particular month.
I wrote my acceptance letter about a month earlier. I was fully officially deployed to my department on the 12th.

1 Like

Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
Preferito:

I wrote my acceptance letter about a month earlier. I was fully officially deployed to my department on the 12th.

If this is the case, then rest assured you'd get your salary.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by midolian(m): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
Why not? You will be paid but expect your salary to be prorated. Meaning, you will only be paid for the days you have worked
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by whemmytopsy(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
Please, how do people get government jobs, without advert... Please i need one badly if there's anyone that can help.
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by cRobo: 3:41am On Feb 23, 2020
azimo:
Yes off course here in Europe you can cause you being paid in hours

Who asked you about Europe?

Europe ni

Rope ko?
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Orubebe01: 7:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Preferito:

Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)
How did u get the job pls
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by femi4: 8:37am On Feb 23, 2020
Preferito:
You are qualified for a month pay if you ve worked for at least 15days
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2020
cRobo:

Who asked you about Europe?

Europe ni

Rope ko?
am not the cause of your frustrations so get lost
Re: Can I Receive Salary For A Job I Started On The 12th Day Of The Month? by Preferito(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Orubebe01:
How did u get the job pls
Na God dey run am ooo

(1) (Reply)

I'm An Undergraduate And In Dire Need Of A Job. I'll Do Anything. / Celtel Cut-off Reduced / Tobacco Plhillips Coy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.