Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer (63926 Views)

Gloria Doyle Is Sick, Gallstone Bladder, Kidney Infection - Needs Assistance / Funmi Awelewa: Taju's Father Is A Chain Smoker, His Mother Eloped With A Man / Stella Dimoko-Korkus: "Michael Okon Stole My Friend's Credit Card, Eloped" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by dre11(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2020
I have forgiven my sister who eloped with my husband — Controversial gospel singer Gloria Doyle

NOT too long ago, you were said to be very ill. Can you relive your experience?

I was actually down with a gall bladder stone. I had a terrible stomach condition, which the doctors were worried about as it was considered close to the cancer of the stomach. Surgery was considered as an immediate option. But along the line, I didn’t do the surgery. So, I was placed on medications to see if it could alter.

I’m now relieved and back to work, back to music; though I’m still on regular checkups. The only worry now is my children who all stay in America. We insisted that I should wait till they return to take me so I can do the surgery in America. Either of them should be here to pick me. That apart, I’m up; my music looks good and the future has a good smile.

How old are your children?

My first son is 27; the second is 26 and my last born is 24. They said they want to come so they can give me good care.

When did you have them?

I finished having my children at the age of 21.

Why so early?

I got married very early in life.

At what age?

I was 16 going on 17!

What moved you to get married at such a young age?

I think I was just crazy then. And the other reason was that, when you come from a polygamous family, you want to believe that maybe, marriage could be a way out. But sometimes at the end of the day, it may not turn out well.

Was your mom the second wife?

No, my mom was actually the officially wedded wife, but not the first and not the second. She was the third wife of my father and the only officially wedded wife. So, you can imagine the pressure then, which was more on us her children. At that point, I wasn’t afraid of marriage. I think he was able to give me some of the things that I needed back then: the attention, the understanding and listening ears. So, I believed that was it. But at the end of the day, I found out that we were not compatible. His family was very tribalistic. I was into music already and they didn’t like it. He actually wanted me to be a full-time house wife, which was not my dream or ambition. I wanted to pursue my musical career and even do some other stuff too.

At that time, did you feel that you had what it takes to go to the top and be a music star?

Yes, I did know I could do that. As at then, I had started going to the studio. I had started singing right from when I was a child still in school; I was singing in church and I always had this passion for writing songs.

Did your husband know about that?

He knew. I thought he was going to encourage me, give a boost to my musical career but at the end of the day, that was not what he wanted. He wanted me to be a full housewife. But my musical career was important to me. So, that became one of the major reasons that made me not to accept to be a housewife. And it was a very abusive marriage.

When you say ‘abusive,’ what do you mean?

He used to beat me. He was about 13 years older than me. He was really beating me and at a point when the beating was getting out of hand and became life threatening, I decided to pack it up.

How long did the marriage last?

Oh, it lasted seven years.

What was the attraction to marry him?

He was a nice guy. And at that point, I wanted a friend and he was able to give me some of the things I needed back then.

Why did you allow the children to go to America?

Their father is an American citizen though he is a Nigerian by birth. He said he wanted the children to come over; I too thought it would be a better opportunity for them. So, I allowed them to go. It is not that I couldn’t have gone, but at that point, what happened was that he was actually having an affair with my younger sister, who is at present living in America through him. And when the children were going to America, the documents were altered. My name was removed, while my younger sister’s name replaced mine. So, when it was time for me to go to the US, I was denied visa. I have been denied visa three times now. It has got to a point where a DNA test is required to prove that I am the children’s mother and that is the point where it is. So, it’s only when my children come here that I can think of going to America. It has made my travelling out of the country very difficult. And that was the original plan, which was to frustrate me and make me unable to see my children again. But with God, things are looking good.

But he couldn’t have married your sister?

But they dated. It was just to have a baby for him that was left. They dated and she was able to use him to set a standard for herself. I understand. And it is okay. I have forgiven her. I don’t have any more grudges. My children are grown up, we relate and that’s all that’s important to me.

If you were to meet someone else now that asks your hand in marriage, will you accept his proposal?

Yes, marriage is sweet and okay if you meet a nice person, who is also a friend and ready to be supportive. Marriage is interesting and sweet.

So you will gladly accept another proposal?

Well, I still have this phobia for it, but if I meet a guy that can drive the fear away and give me the assurances, of course I will throw away my fears.

You mean there’s no man in your life at present?

I have a couple of friends that I relate with; we play together, but I cannot say that I have an intimately strong relationship right now. At present, everyone around me is a friend. When you are a single mother, it becomes an issue with some guys because of our cultural background. It’s not easy to take a lady that has three children to your mom and tell her, this is the person you want to get married to. Maybe if I were outside the country, that will be easy.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-have-forgiven-my-sister-who-eloped-with-my-husband-controversial-gospel-singer-gloria-doyle/

5 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Froshloaded: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2020
Gloria is not in anyway controversial to me

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by JasonScoolari: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2020
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Oluneutral: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
What a sister!

Just because of America, she betrayed her blood sister.

This one is strong.

Gloria, be cheerful jare, your children are your consolation.

May God grant you the desires of your heart.

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by chariisGRACE(m): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
I guess the sister was adopted, because I can't imagine my own blood doing this to me.

Very Painful.

89 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Rebekah029(f): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
I guess its one of the step sisters.....

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sharing is caring.

5 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Bilabong(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
Inside life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by kingphilip(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
chariisGRACE:

I guess the sister was adopted, because I can't imagine my own blood doing this to me.

Very Painful.
Bros worse things are happening between siblings

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
........what happened was that he was actually having an affair with my younger sister, who is at present living in America through him. And when the children were going to America, the documents were altered. My name was removed, while my younger sister’s name replaced mine. So, when it was time for me to go to the US, I was denied visa

They dated and she was able to use him to set a standard for herself. I understand. And it is okay. I have forgiven her. I don’t have any more grudges. My children are grown up, we relate and that’s all that’s important to me.

INSIDE life.....na different things dey happen o!
Dis one weak all of us @[/color]!!

Wetin [color=#006600]MANNA no go see for inside Barbecue fire
Haaan Haaaan shocked

Gloria Doyle right.now........

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Osidazz19: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
Married at 16?

I thought they say only Northerners marry so early. Bianca was also raped by coward Ojukwu when she was under age. Go figure.. Must be the religion.

If she's a Northern Muslim married at 16, the amount of diatribe from the IPOB retards would have reached page 20 by now.

Religious and tribal hypocrites all over Nigeria.

35 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by planetx13: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
Believe women at your own risk.....

Ciao

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Rawtruth1: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
Daughters of Eve. Fear them if you want to live long. Most of them are worse than Coronavirus

7 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by YorubaKinging: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
God bless our darling president
Mr Abba kyari

10 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is serious and too deep ,things are Happening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by atimadesign(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
If you don't give your husband what makes him happy a smarter woman will do embarassed undecided grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Bluntguy: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Forgive your husband too.

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by bishopsele84: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
what else can i say,inside life!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Perfecttouchade: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
What a sister, I don't blame some women who go dey attached to their men like glue..

1 Like

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
what about the BBQ guy that denied his race, tribe, relation , parent for Buhari for less , mere Npower stipend!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by NigeriaBam: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
INSIDE LIFE grin
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by topboss: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Let the fake news crew arrive first, before u post.

eranu!
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by sammyLuvin(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Listen to my new track titled MY JULIET and give me your feedback on it. It's my debut song. Thanks y'all.

http://www.soundlala.com/track_audio.php?id=1375

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by NOL2dworld(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
She betrayed her blood for greener pasture.

It is well..

For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, there is still hope, don't give up.. YOU are not alone on this journey. Keep pushing you will overcome.

Is life not fair to you? I know someone who can give U everlasting Peace, Joy and rest of mind, his name is Jesus.. Jesus Christ is the answer..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..
This is the time to rededicate your life to Christ.

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen

Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you...

If U have say this confession let me know I have some prayer for you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by BlackfireX: 4:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Chai....

Wetin mere commissioner no go see for president Abba kyari hand.
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by September13: 4:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mewa n sele
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by amikable97: 4:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
People can be very greedy and jealous of what another person has...

Inside life

This one na correct end time sister grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Lamanii22(f): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
chariisGRACE:

Very Painful.

There are some blood sisters that would do worse... Truss no one...
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by pacespot(m): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
I notice that good hearted people are always the victims of cirumtance in Nigeria, if you are good hearted, be notified that Nigeria is not a place for you because you will always fall cheated. Though it is good to be good hearted, because it clears your mind to live a happy life, but also be wise in your decision.

11 Likes

Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by Thefxchanger: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
Really
Re: Gloria Doyle: My Sister Eloped With My Husband To USA - Gospel Singer by mustbewell: 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
This kind of sister need to die by firing squad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Okafor Shaves Her Beard (Photos) / Fans Body-Shame Anto Lecky: "This Your Chest Na Complete Flat Tyre" / Dangote Celebrates DJ Cuppy's Birthday But See What Got Nigerians Talking (video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.