Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" (23838 Views)

Fugar Edo Residents Celebrate As Python, Their "Mother" Returns (Video) / Mexico Returns Ancient Yoruba Bronze Sculpture To Nigeria / Oluwo Of Iwo All Swagged Up, Says "I Got The Right Dose Of Swags" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by kantin: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Indeed, there are good people with a good heart in this country. People who do good not to be compensated, but because it is the right thing to do.

Around 5pm today, Friday 21st of February 2020, in Aguda-Ogba area, Ikeja, Orekupolati Street precisely. A certain painter was dropping from his car, moving some luggages into his house, while doing that, unknowing to him, a small purse containing 200 thousand naira ( 200 pieces of 1,000naira denominations ) and was already at the entrance of his house when the "shoe maker" called him and said "oga your purse don fall down"

according to an eye witness.

The painter looked back with surprise and quickly dropped his luggages to collect the purse from the Hausa man. It was then he ( the painter ) explained that he just received the money from a client who wants to paint his house and the money was meant for upront payment for paint and workmanship.

He then removed #5,000 from the money and in appreciation offered it to the shoe maker. It was a big surprise when the Hausa man rejected the compensation and responded saying "I do am for Allah". The owner of the money tried his best in persuading him to accept his little way of showing appreciation but it was all in vain. Then the shoe maker left.

Everyone who witnessed it was in awe.

A lot of people would have argued that such a thing can not happen, but then, everyone is not the same.

There are good people everywhere, maybe rare, but the fact is they exist.

Be one of the rare good people.

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by captainking(m): 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wow... Outstanding..

17 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by daddytime(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
This good citizen deserves to be promoted from a "shoemaker/shoeshiner" to a "cobbler".

I won't be surprised to see him at the " Rock" anytime soon being conferred with a National honor.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poverty is not an excuse for theft, crime or fraud. God bless this and all the honest people everywhere.

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Paretomaster1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
May Allah bless you man....... Thank God for the painter it wasn't a flatron that found it...

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Paretomaster1(m): 8:45am On Feb 24, 2020
Lalasticlala, this act of kindness should be on front page....

4 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by DrChukki: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
Can we see now that there are honest people in Nigeria not minding their present situation?

I pray that "Allah" you did this for will reward you accordingly... Amen

One of the things I love about Northerners is their selflessness.

I was shocked one day when I saw an Hausa beggar helping another Hausa begger with the little she could at Mararaba where I live.

This act of love touched my heart that I began asking myself: how come is from their region we're having terrorists in Nigeria?

God bless every genuine heart in the North.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Uyi168: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
cry
Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Slawormir: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice one

Al-ḥamdu l-illahi rabbi l-alamin

But let me say this
The fact that he returned the money doesn't mean he is a saint
Sometimes there are some factors that affect your decision at that point in time
All human are capable of stealing and keeping things that doesn't belong to them it all depends on some factors

The criminality in every human can not be over emphasized

Soon i will write a book on that titled " the criminality in every human"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by AdemolaA2: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
If every Nigerian has the attitude and mindset of this boy , Nigeria would have been far better than the way it is now .. I salute this young lad and I’m sure He would be blessed beyond his comprehension soonest ..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by JosephXavier: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
When you see good deeds like this from Muslims you will wonder if it is the Quran they read that those terrorists also read abi dem dey read the New Testament of Quran

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by faithfull18(f): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
That's the way it should be, people like us are rare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Chronicle222: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
heart made of gold
Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by donprincebigt(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
I pity am... he 1 collect Mr integrity

1 Like

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by BafanaBafana: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
To some people from the lower half of the country, the aboki is a fool. To most people in the upper half of the country, its a normal thing

14 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by kestolove95(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
It can never b emeka

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by OnpointDesign(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
shocked

You too can do right by contacting me.
For just 2k, you'll get your existing logo to have this 3D look today.

Start sending in your messages

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Tpave(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
Good. Now this is a very good news to calm the nerves of Nigerians. At least we have moslems that still fear Allah

2 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by WebmasterMind: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
This Is Recommendable. May God Bless The Young Man

Thank God For People Like Him

Thanks God

Always visit NairaLEARN To Learn Great Skills and professional programs Online
Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by SamuelTurner(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2020
This man better pass buhari

3 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by meum: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2020
Good.
Dat painter go forever like aboki.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by OmoManU: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2020
danvon:
This man is a fool
who is more foolish between you and him?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by dake40(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2020
danvon:
This man is a fool

and You are the greatest fool

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2020
The painter looked back with surprise and quickly dropped his luggages to collect the purse from the Hausa man. It was then he ( the painter ) explained that he just received the money from a client who wants to paint his house and the money was meant for upront payment for paint and workmanship.

He then removed #5,000 from the money and in appreciation offered it to the shoe maker. It was a big surprise when the Hausa man rejected the compensation and responded saying "I do am for Allah". The owner of the money tried his best in persuading him to accept his little way of showing appreciation but it was all in vain. Then the shoe maker left.
The Hausas are the most honest, transparent people in Nigeria.
That is for sure.
If you do business with them, simply put your mind at rest.

This guy deserves the good things of life.
The Change we crave badly for in our nation,
begins with us.

May the Almighty Allah bless you real good Young Alhaji.
We hope to see you soon and appreciate you in our own little way.

danvon:
This man is a fool

Modified: Instead of him to use the money to make his life better, it's people like this that make us believe poverty is voluntary

The guy would probably spend the 200k on his side chick
Next time, kindly keep silent if you have nothing reasonable to type.
And stop modifying your post over and over,
cos the more you modify,
the more 'slow' you appear.
Nice day!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by golddare: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2020
kantin:
Indeed, there are good people with a good heart in this country. People who do good not to be compensated, but because it is the right thing to do.

Around 5pm today, Friday 21st of February 2020, in Aguda-Ogba area, Ikeja, Orekupolati Street precisely. A certain painter was dropping from his car, moving some luggages into his house, while doing that, unknowing to him, a small purse containing 200 thousand naira ( 200 pieces of 1,000naira denominations ) and was already at the entrance of his house when the "shoe maker" called him and said "oga your purse don fall down"

according to an eye witness.

Everyone who witnessed it was in awe.

A lot of people would have argued that such a thing can not happen, but then, everyone is not the same.

There are good people everywhere, maybe rare, but the fact is they exist.

Be one of the rare good people.

They need to set up this guy, whether with a standard shoe making hub or scholarship. Be it hausa, yoruba, igbo etc good people are everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by Tyriq: 11:13am On Feb 24, 2020
kestolove95:
It can never b emeka
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by tayooluwole: 11:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Well, I would probably have done d same, it depends on my mood sha...

But this Aboki is just a man of conscience, not that he did it for Allah, another person will see d money and conceived it to be a blessing from d same Allah...

11 Likes

Re: Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2020
This one na Jew boy jor. Mr Integrity my ass.

Foolish news. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifa Devotees Who Engaged In Fraudulent Activities Beg Alaafin 4 Forgiveness(pics / Gbadegesin Ogunoye Installed As Olowo Of Owo In Ondo / List Of Hausa Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.