Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (27504 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by geezynoni: 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
Goodnight o
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by blackjack21(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nooil:

I don't know about you, but I love listening to the stories my parents and other elderly people share.

The WhatsApp thing isn't even a big deal cos like someone said earlier, I scan through and reply if necessary.

But I noticed from comments here that some parents go overboard. Yet, I won't agree it's because of loneliness.

I think it's a sense of responsibility on their part, trying to keep their children informed about the things happening in the world, in case they are not aware.

Definitely not because of loneliness.

No, it's not always about loneliness.
Of course all elderly people want you to be responsible man.
But in my experience, I'm picture people who are not below 70 yrs. My grandad died 2018, 128yrs old. I've 6 aunts who are all over 70. I love those people so much. I was practically raised by them. And I know they love me too. I know it because I do what they love most; sit down and listen to their babbles.
And I pay attention to them carefully. old people, anywhere in the world, are alike.
They don't have people closeby who can relate about their lifetime, that's a lonely thing.

Yes, sure. We have to factor in the age of the parents for summations to have a chance of applying to others.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Estee8523: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
My own mummy doesn't do social media, she is not literate, but she uses android phone only to answer calls and watch movies ( watching movies is the reason that phone was bought ), but I love her like mad, but she can be on your neck like that oo, wake you up at unholy hour because of prayers, I don't have choice oo I must pick call and paticipate fully. grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Gordieshegz(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
Anthony4God:
Wish my mom can send it but she is not well

Soon sorry bro..
May she be healed soonest by God's grace
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Amanda4life: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin shocked
Kowor:
Mute notification. I once blocked all the elders (except my mum, she's a lot smarter than that) on whatsapp for 3 months straight. The annoying part of the message Is that part where it reads 'if you don't send....'
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by GAPPLE: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Teddiie:
Lol ..Funny enough I can't relate cos my mum doesn't send Bc..In fact she hates when they are being sent to her sef..

So she doesn't send to people

Wow!!!
I am so happy for you embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Angelacruz: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Asin
Ahmed0336:
Death why? Those of you that your parents are still kicking better cherish these moments.
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Czartega(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
daewoorazer:
The screenshots below were shared by a twitter user:

If you have a religious/pious mom, this won’t be news to you. Every religious post that contains prayers will surely be reforwarded to you, it’s usually more painful as these kinds of posts are accompanied with videos (large mb if you ask me)...

Any experience? Share them!

grin grin grin grin I can totally relate.... it's not easy though
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Czartega(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
daewoorazer:

If you have a religious/pious mom, this won’t be news to you. Every religious post that contains prayers will surely be reforwarded to you, it’s usually more painful as these kinds of posts are accompanied with videos (large mb if you ask me)...

grin grin grin grin I can totally relate.... it's not easy though
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Rossycee(f): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
My sweet mummy is on this table. Lol... I have gotten used to it o..
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Rozaytee: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
My mum is their CEO grin
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by 77up(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
We all have their kind in one way or another.

The one am actually dealing with now is someone I can't scold,funny enough he resides in US which means he shouldn't have access to all those broadcast messages or time for it.
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
LewsTherin:
"You said I shouldn't talk and let you finish"
*CAMBERWALL COURTS, ABIJO - HOUSES/DUPLEXES*

*Camberwall Courts* is a development designed to reflect the magical merge of a greatness and excellence in it’s architecture. It’s design caters to modern living for residents of apartments.

It features a splendid layout, visitors park, smart card access, renewable energy and Surveillance.

*AMENITIES*
- Designated Parking Space
- Well Landscaped Green Areas
- Gazebo Area to meet
- Solar Power Street Light etc.

*SERVICE PLOT*
600sqm - N11,500,000
300sqm- N6,500,000

*TITLE: C of O*

*FINISHED APARTMENT*
1 Bedroom Apartment- N11,000,000
2 Bedroom Apartment- N15,000,000
3 Bedroom Apartment - N20,000,000
2 Bedroom Pent House- N20,000,000

*Watch video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ICptvpwcg*

*NEIGHBORS*
- Corona International School
- Caleb British School
- Coscharis Group
- Lagos Business School
- Novare Mall (Shoprite)
- Lufasi Nature Park

*SEMI FINISHED*
1 Bedroom Apartment - N10,000,000
2 Bedroom Apartment- N13,500,000
3 Bedroom Apartment- N18,000,000
2 Bedroom Pent House - N18,000,000

*OTHER PURCHASE OPTIONS*
(Finished Apartment + Land)
1 Bedroom + 300sqm - N17,000,000
2 Bedroom + 300sqm - N21,000,000
3 Bedroom + 300sqm - N26,000,000
Penthouse 2 Br + 300sqm -N26,000,000

Semi Finished Apartment + Land
1 Bedroom + 300sqm - N16,000,000
2 Bedroom + 300sqm - N19,500,000
3 Bedroom + 300sqm - N24,000,000
Penthouse 2 Br + 300sqm -N24,000,000

*Please Help Share With All Your Friends & Relatives That May Be Interested Too.*

*To Chat Us Directly Click HERE https:///2348027390046*

*For Inspections & Further Enquiries Call/WhatsApp: (+234)08027390046, 08034113771.*Savage!
angry angry
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Mylovelife: 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Kingsley619 post=86892208][/quote]

Funny mama
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Odion2016(m): 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Anthony4God:

God will heal her..
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
I can't relate, I've blocked boardcast and messages above 160 character from entering my whatsapp
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by chukwumzurum(m): 12:10am On Feb 24, 2020
Mine is both..
You can't spend a day without a religious rebroadcast from them. cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by galadima77(m): 7:17am On Feb 24, 2020
Anthony4God:

God will restore your joy and heal her...
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Tpresh(f): 10:49am On Feb 24, 2020
Hehehehr, na my mama oooo........ I don't argue, I always type "Thank you ma" so she'll know I've read it.......I can't shout nitemi grin
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Equity15(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
omenziate:
Even text sef , my mama no go open am for her phone .In her words “ the person never ready talk “
lmao grin my mum isn't literate but I know if she was, she'll definitely be like this..that woman ehn grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
daewoorazer:

LEARN TO ALWAYS FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.................

SIMPLE RESPONSE; okay mummy, thanks mum, good info,i will be careful mum, i appreciate ur care mum, well noted ma, etc... this wont take upto a sec, even if u dint read whatever she forwarded.
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
people wey their parents still dey alive dont know what the orphans, motherless and fatherless have passed through or are still passing through

HOW I SO WISH

U HAVE NO RIGHT TO IGNORE OR FEEL SUCH WAY ABOUT UR MUM OR DADDY

THE ONLY TIME U CAN STRIKE A LIMIT IS IF UR MUM MEDDLES INTO UR FAMILY AFFAIR AND HAVE BECAME REASON FOR LACK OF PEACE BETWEEN U AND UR WIFE

THEN U CAN APPLY SIMPLE WISDOM WHILE LEAVING AND CLEAVING BUT NOT IGNORING HER!!!!!
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Stevewonder004(m): 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
stupidity:
grin Una own better wey get parents wey fit send broadcast na.

What of us that our parents don’t know what WhatsApp is? Even if you teach them they’ll forget and still tell you it’s not working

Such is life bro.
But we are still proud of them.
I still have the plan to get my mum a home leason teacher, whenever i find my stand to be firm, despite the fact that she is 59 now.
I love u mum,
Even as u cant read.
I love u more and am always proud of u.
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by banggy2003(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
Anthony4God:
The Lord God in His infinte mercy will heal her...Amen
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by OmowumiJ(f): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2020
My mom would ask me to on hotspot for her only for me to start seeing her bcs that include videos, large files o flooding my whatsapp..
I can't even ignore them, I just have to open the chat and give her the impression that I've read them. I can remember when I would just ignore her chats, she was asking my sis if I had blocked her. I was just smiling like mom you dunno whaz going on cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Bomgirl(f): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
My mum is on this table. grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Ayobami7(m): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
lol
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 29, 2020
We have a family group chat. Whenever my parents post something on the group, they always call all of us that we should read what they posted or if it's a video, we should watch it. The next time they call, they will ask if you read or watched what they posted and bring up discussions about it. smiley
So my dear, we have to reply their post so that they will not feel ignored. wink
Re: How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? by Bluette(f): 1:05am On Feb 29, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
We have a family group chat. Whenever my parents post something on the group, they always call all of us that we should read what they posted or if it's a video, we should watch it. The next time they call, they will ask if you read or watched what they posted and bring up discussions about it. smiley
So my dear, we have to reply their post so that they will not feel ignored. wink

This is so like us. My mum will call me even in class for me to check what she posted, she will follow up on u, then discussions and series of warnings begin. I always answer with.." Beeni ma, ooto ni, eshey mummy, yes ma"
God bless our parents

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.