Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Memoirs Of A Therapist - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Therapist (419 Views)

Memoirs Of The SCP Foundation. / Memoirs Of A Therapist / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Therapist by kingbasuraiii(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
Journey with Babajide and see how people with all variety of life challenges talk about them and how they overcome them.. sit back and relax, it's going to be a blockbuster... Episode One dropping soon and here's the link to read on okadabooks https://okadabooks.com/book/about/detail/31382
Re: Memoirs Of A Therapist by kingbasuraiii(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
EPISODE 1- THE BEGINNING

I flinched as I beheld the sight that welcomed my gaze as I opened my office door to usher in the guest that I have been expecting since I resumed for the day, Her name was Hope and she just passed through a life threatening trauma.

Hope was a typical Nigerian slay queen and judging by my findings a brilliant one at that, she graduated from covenant university and was the best graduating student in her set. According to my background check on her, she was the church kind of girl and would never miss any Sunday service and not forgetting modest and always followed the fashion trends hence my dismay at the sight before me. Her tatterdly tied scarf did little to hide her unkempt hair, While she put on a top that would give her a slay figure on a normal day, she supported it with a jean that was slightly oversized while a pair of sandals adorned both feet
She looked like she had not eaten for days which prompted me to offer her something to eat and drink to which she declined but I insisted and she settled for something light and water. I pressed my intercom and asked Angela my secretary to go to the cafeteria to get me fried rice and plantain with beef and a bottle of water.

My name is Babajide Johnson and I am in my mid twenties, I graduated from Unilag after studying psychology. I had always dreamed of helping people who are faced with challenges hence securing this job in this hospital on the island. I do well all round, I have my own place, my own car and house so it was safe to put me on the successful side.

Angela brought the food and gave it to her, she mumbled a little “Thank you” but did touch the food.
“When are we starting?” She asked
“Soon” I replied without looking up, “Just eat your food” I said again as an after thought.
I noticed she was kind of shy eating in my presence so I decided to give her space so she would feel comfortable.
“I’m going to return these files, so please be done with the food so we can begin” I said calmly.
“Alright” she mumbled and started to uncover the food.
There was something about the way she wanted us to begin so fast that got me thinking but I shrugged it off and left so she would have enough privacy to do her thing.

I spent 30 minutes with a Doctor friend at the hospital before I decided to come back to my patient, and by that time she had already finished up her food and was typing something on her phone but was done quickly as she heard me enter.
I sat down and held her gaze for about 2 minutes and those minutes seemed like eternity, I could see the hurt behind those eyes and the pain that stayed there.
“Tell me your story” I asked as gently as can be
She looked like she was so lost in thought I began to feel she would waste both our times before she turned to me with one ghostly looked and started talking
“Everything started when I was in 300 Level, I had lost my parents to an accident and being that they had just two of us my elder sister decided that come stay with her till the funeral takes place later that year. I agreed not because I really wanted it but because I know how my fathers family can be, they are the possessive type and would harass me till my fathers will was read after the funeral.
My sister being the socialite and because he work required her to travel was always torn between parties and work but was more of the former, her husband was a work from home contractor but he was the one that always pulled the muscle in the house being the more buoyant financially. Their two kids lived abroad with the husbands brother but they come home around December to spend Christmas”.
She sniffled a little and I passed her some perfectly placed tissue that was on my desk and she cleaned her nose with it
“My ordeal started after I come home for my mid semester break, I was welcomed by my sisters husband and he told me that my sister just went on a work related trip to America and she won’t be back till the following week, there was a way he said the last phase of that statement but I didn't really read meaning to it at that time because he was a steadfast Christian.
I went to the room I always stayed in and freshened up and was back in the living room in no time to ask him what he was going to eat for dinner.
“Why don’t we eat out?” he asked
“You must be stressed from all that journey from your school down here” he added
“Thank you for the thought sir”, I said smiling and rushed up to change my wear to a more out type of wear.
We arrived at the eatery and we placed orders, while we waited for our meals to come he started commenting on my beauty and how the clothes I had put on was bringing eyes towards us
“Girls like that kind of attention eh? He joked
“I think everything female is unique in their own way sir” I replied casually.
He further went on to tell me how some of his associates were always going to higher institutions to pick girls my age that did runs and how they take care of the girls. I didn’t like the direction of the conversation but didn’t want to shut him off so as not to sound disrespectful. He was telling me how he didn’t want me to join the girls that if there was any financial need he would always be there to help out because I was like a sister to him. I smiled and said a mental “Thank you” and he smiled in return.
Our drive home was a rather awkward one because he started dabbling into my personal life and most importantly my sex life. He started with the number of boyfriends I had

"Just one sir" I had replied
"So you're telling me there is no other guy that is running the financial aspect" he added smiling
"No sir, I just have one and we love each other so much" i affirmed.

He further went on and on about girls that got pregnant for some of his associates, how they terminated it and how some of them died in the process. The drive home was a very boring one to say the least.
We got home afterwards, I excused myself and went into my room, I made a mental note to lock the door but somehow I forgot. The next thing I noticed was someone trying to take off my shirt and I woke up to find my sisters husband in my room, I quickly readjusted and shifted Backwards.

"Don't be annoyed, I was going to sleep when I noticed your door was opened and i decided to check on you only to find you still dressed up" he said
"I must have slept off, I joined
"Sorry oh, I know you're very tired. Let me leave you to sleep then" he replied
"OK sir, Goodnight sir" I mumbled still sleepy but alert

He left and I stood up, took off my jeans and top and dashed into the bathroom, I stayed there for long thinking about the scenario that just happened a while ago
"What was he trying to do?, Am I safe with this man?, Hope he has no sinister plan?". I made up my mind to lock the door this time and leave the key there, I Wouldn't want someone picking the hole or looking through the hole to peep at me. I was done with my bath and I was back in the room, I moved over to the door to lock it and that was when I noticed the handle and its components were missing, I knew I was in for it that night. I was prepared to do a vigil if possible so as to be alert, I took my phone and started to watch some Previously saved clips on it but I was bored after a while and decided to switch to a movie.

I guess I must have slept off while watching the movie. The next thing I felt was a hand rubbing my ass and someone trying to kiss me, I jumped. It was my sisters husband

"What do you want sir?" I queried
"I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about you" he replied
"I'm willing to do anything for you Hope", he added
"No sir, I'm not interested please leave my room you're my sister's husband and this stunt you're trying to pull is very demeaning" I protested as I noticed I was in for a struggle
The next thing I knew was him grabbing me and hitting my head against the headrest of the bed, I blanked out.

(1) (Reply)

Who's your favourite Author? / "If Ere You Wake I'm Gone...", Poem By Awol, A Nairalander / Short Story: Adeola, Love Adversaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.