Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Check Engine Light And 15 Years Old Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Check Engine Light And 15 Years Old Cars (799 Views)

I Will Buy Your Very Old Cars / Clean Toks And Naija Used Cars Available (trade Old Cars For New Too) / trade in ur old cars Live In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

Check Engine Light And 15 Years Old Cars by Geepee: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2010
Great guys of Nairaland, please help me with the following,

1. Is it advisable to buy a car with "check engine" light on? what are the implications? Is it so terrible? Any bad effect on the engine?

2. Is it true that you can now bring in 15 years old cars through Tin Cann officially?

Thanks great pple as i await ur answers
Re: Check Engine Light And 15 Years Old Cars by Onwan: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
@OP
1. The "Check Engine" light is an indicator that reflects the state or condition of the vehicle in question as detected by the vehicle's Electronic (and Engine) Control Unit (ECU). Its simply a detected fault indicator.

The fault or condition detected and displayed can be as minor as your fuel tank cap/cover not well placed or tightened to something as major as a fault that can damage the vehicle if not fixed immediately.

The best thing is to have the vehicle scanned (lots of scanner services on nairaland) to determine exactly what the problem is before the choice is made (if you are so bothered about it).

Overall its a good thing to have in a vehicle but can be a very serious problem for the over-sensitive driver.

2. There are threads on nairaland that confirms the new age limit thing.

Urgent! Please Respond / Us Import: 02 Jeep Liberty For Sale / I Am In Need Of An Rx300

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7