Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48001 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:26am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

False........you have read the High Court judgement, and still yet I posted the Supreme Court judgement with a caveat and you still say this?

Cc: lostz ChristianNorth... Help me here on the Yola case, I posted earlier.
We will go with the interpretation of wole until the court decides
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:27am On Feb 23, 2020
donpapa:

Why would she? Don’t they have the mind of their own? Common! To be a JSC no be beans o
So one person cannot sway 4 others abi..
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:28am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

What was the only judgement before the elections?
It was arrested
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:28am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

We will go with the interpretation of wole until the court decides
Is Wole a judge?
Or a JSC?

If he was, let him go and put Faleke in Kogi nah or better still, let him go and put Lyon there.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

It was arrested
So stay of execution is now a judgement?

Na waoh
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I have edited....am not dead-partisan like you.

Whether I hate Sylva or not....I don't sit on the SC bench.

It's a dead case. Having known you for quite some time..what matters to you is APC...how they do it, you don't care.

Unfortunately, it didn't work this time.
I've watched pdp do unimaginable things for many years.let another do theirs and learn.you didnt believe ihedioha will be removed na.....
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Falana clearly said forgery wasn't proved.right fro m 2007 amaechi case when a party candidate is disqualified,the runner up takes over.it happened in anambra central and north,joy emordi was involved and okonkwo,cant remember others.ill recall others as time goes on.
ameachi was only reinstated as the legal candidate. Ameachi was not a runner up.

Amaechi, as a member of PDP, in his quest to be the Governorship candidate of the party, in the April 2007 elections in Rivers State, contested the Party Primaries against seven other members of the PDP. They competed for a total of 6,575 votes. Amaechi had 6,527 votes to emerge the winner. Omehia was not one of the candidates at the PDP Primaries. The PDP submitted Amaechi's name to INEC as its Governorship candidate. No court of law subsequently made an order disqualifying Amaechi from contesting the Governorship elections. PDP however substituted Omehia's name for Amaechi's without giving cogent and verifiable reason for the substitution as required by the Electoral Act, 2006. Amaechi therefore brought his suit claiming as earlier stated above.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

So stay of execution is now a judgement?

Na waoh
What is it then
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Judeerons32: 9:32am On Feb 23, 2020
The appeal against the Appeal Court judgement was filed after results of the election has been declared.that is Falana argument. That at that point it automatically becomes post election.the case was not at the Supreme Court during the election.
Secondly as a matter of fact by the electoral law.the courts or tribunal do not have the powers to declare a winner if the actual winner was disqualified.
But the truth is the law is only what the Supreme Court interprets it to be however myopic.
fergie001:

This is a pre-election issue.

Note, the SC does not have the power to call for a re-run or nullify an election, unless it has originated from a lower court.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Sunnymatey(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2020
The matter is simple;
Give me my Imo and take your Bayelsa.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by ubongokon(m): 9:34am On Feb 23, 2020
Mary Odili just tried to face her party's face of shame. But it can stand and she should be jailed
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I've watched pdp do unimaginable things for many years.let another do theirs and learn.you didnt believe ihedioha will be removed na.....
Just like you never believed Lyon will be removed.

And APC hasn't?
I laugh at your partisanship-fiasco. It's your right.

But the law knows no party. Sorry about Lyon.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by ChristianNorth: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Set aside precedents based on which law? Do you realize that their judgment can also amount to a nullity
The law setting them up.

There is something you guys is not getting.

The law is not what the president signs but what the court interprets it to be. If the SC decides to change a portion of our electoral act all they need to do is to set a new precedent.

The law becomes binding.

You can never fault the judgement of the SC even if it runs foul to the extant laws and you cant force them to reverse themselves.

For me, Bayelsa judgment is apt and the SCN has the jurisdiction to entertain the case
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Then falana is right at the bolded.apc appealed before the election to the appeal court.that appeal judgment stands
the appeal court should have dismissed the appeal allowing judgement of high court to stand because subsequent event already made it a preelection matter if we go by falana.

but the legal precedent suggest the case should be allowed
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
ameachi was only reinstated as the legal candidate. Ameachi was not a runner up.

Amaechi, as a member of PDP, in his quest to be the Governorship candidate of the party, in the April 2007 elections in Rivers State, contested the Party Primaries against seven other members of the PDP. They competed for a total of 6,575 votes. Amaechi had 6,527 votes to emerge the winner. Omehia was not one of the candidates at the PDP Primaries. The PDP submitted Amaechi's name to INEC as its Governorship candidate. No court of law subsequently made an order disqualifying Amaechi from contesting the Governorship elections. PDP however substituted Omehia's name for Amaechi's without giving cogent and verifiable reason for the substitution as required by the Electoral Act, 2006. Amaechi therefore brought his suit claiming as earlier stated above.
Stop stressing yourself.i cited anambra not amaechi.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by ChristianNorth: 9:39am On Feb 23, 2020
ubongokon:
Mary Odili just tried to face her party's face of shame. But it can stand and she should be jailed
Go read up judicial immunity
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by ubongokon(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
you should remember APC only got an injunction from the 'appeal court" to participate in the election few days to election.
appeal court delivered their judgement after election .

the judgement did not remove the governor but you cannot go into an election without a deputy. since inec window for substitution of candidates is over; it means Lyon went into the election without a deputy which is also against the Constitution on joint tickets.

falana is no longer thinking properly.

1. the only judgement before election was that of the high court disqualifying APC.
2. APC only got an injunction to participate in the election.
3. appeal court delivered it judgement after election.

4. legal precedent said pre election cases are allowed to run their course in Nigeria court even after election.

its wrong to be very myopic
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Stop stressing yourself.i cited anambra not amaechi.
this was in your post

right fro m 2007 amaechi case when a party candidate is disqualified,the runner up takes over.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
the appeal should have dismissed the appeal allowing judgement of high court to stand because subsequent event already made it a preelection matter if we go by falana.

but the legal precedent suggest the case should be allowed
No,a fresh elections should have been called with apc not partaking as a worse case scenario.in 2015,the appeal court removed two apc senators in kogi and ordered a fresh polls with apc excluded.in 2016 umeh got a judgment which excluded pdp and a fresh elections was ordered in obedience to section 140 of the electoral act.this year during the rerun polls of january,apc was excluded from a rerun in niger state for not validly nominating a candidate
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
this was in your post

right fro m 2007 amaechi case when a party candidate is disqualified,the runner up takes over.
I have removed it.the supreme court fumbled,erred.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Go read up judicial immunity
Onnoghen nko? Buhari will be waiting
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2020
ChristianNorth:

The law setting them up.

There is something you guys is not getting.

The law is not what the president signs but what the court interprets it to be. If the SC decides to change a portion of our electoral act all they need to do is to set a new precedent.

The law becomes binding.

You can never fault the judgement of the SC even if it runs foul to the extant laws and you cant force them to reverse themselves.

For me, Bayelsa judgment is apt and the SCN has the jurisdiction to entertain the case

I dont need to tell you that they will surely reverse themselves by march
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Oceanblaze(m): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2020
Femi falana,shut up your smelling teeth...mum old man who corrupt reach u....monkey

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Confirmedzombie: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
State the electoral act that supports the removal of an elected governor because his deputy wss disqualified?

Yes, it does because the Appeal court already passed a judgement in favour of the APC before the election.

Uncle lawyer, section 36 deals with the death of candidate before election result is announced not fraud related issues.

Please state the laws that backed the removal of the governor because his deputy was found to have presented a fake or misleading document.

And Sir, the Appeal at the supreme court only came after the election

I hope you understand that the Judges made a technical error not referring the case to the special court for election matters ( Tribunal) ?

The person you quoted is a charge and bail lawyer.

Imagine referring to section 36 that deals w death of a candidate
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Just like you never believed Lyon will be removed.

And APC hasn't?
I laugh at your partisanship-fiasco. It's your right.

But the law knows no party. Sorry about Lyon.

You should not be arguing with me by right.i have floored you severally even in abia.its annoying man,stop it.i never argued about whether the court will remove lyon or not,i cleverly avoided that debate.we argued about who will win the election.the result ended any argument between us.if the supreme court manages to reverse itself,i hope you wont still start another argument
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

No,a fresh elections should have been called with apc not partaking as a worse case scenario.in 2015,the appeal court removed two apc senators in kogi and ordered a fresh polls with apc excluded.in 2016 umeh got a judgment which excluded pdp and a fresh elections was ordered in obedience to section 140 of the electoral act.this year during the rerun polls of january,apc was excluded from a rerun in niger state for not validly nominating a candidate
the election is not in dispute. the dispute was whether APC should participate in the first place; see the case of zamfara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2020
ZAWs:

Channel this your high level of arrogance to Falana who has chide the supreme already; since you know more better than him.
Nonsense
80% of falana's judicial comments is against the government.he took up cases even against the government severally.no lawyer in Nigeria has criticized buhari like falana.the only time he ever represented buhari was in 2015.for him to now speak in favor of apc,what does that tell you
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You should not be arguing with me by right.i have floored you severally even in abia.its annoying man,stop it.i never argued about whether the court will remove lyon or not,i cleverly avoided that debate.we argued about who will win the election.the result ended any argument between us.if the supreme court manages to reverse itself,i hope you wont still start another argument
This chest-beating is unprecedented.
So that's what is in all of this for you....chai
You can contest that with your fellow partisan folks.

I have crossed that level, you hear?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I have removed it.the supreme court fumbled,erred.
Contradicting yourself because of Diri...
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
the election is not in dispute. the dispute was whether APC should participate in the first place; see the case of zamfara.
Same thing happened in those states i mentioned,even in zamfara the right thing to do is to order a rerun
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Contradicting yourself because of Diri...
Was falana right or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Buhari Ruined Nigeria In 1Year In Pictures - PDP / Atiku Floors Buhari In Enugu As Buhari Fails To Secure 25 Percent Vote / Moment Supporters Cheered Peter Obi As He Trekked To His Campaign Venue In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.