Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? (60629 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Spends Between N100,000 & N1M Daily On A Patient – Akin Abayomi / A Patient Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Cross-River - UCTH / Nurse Seen Taking Lollipop In An Emergency Room While Attending To A Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by pseudaria: 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
post=86882104:
Our Official Doctor @[/b] was telling us all some weeks ago about how they found a big rotten cucumber inside the private part of an individual.

The individual refuses to seek medical attention early due to shame or shyness....the incident happened during the act of [b]MASTURBATION
!

What nonsense, dry and stupid jokes just like buhari
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by moscobabs(m): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
BennyDon:

Eskis me, Sir. They're talking to medical doctors not traditional doctor like you.

Aboru boye o #lmao

And how do u know I'm not?
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by Chuzoetoh(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
armadeo:

Honestly I dont blame you at all.

you edited it n still quote me, shows the extent of ur stupidity. Slowpoke.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by armadeo(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Chuzoetoh post=86884139][/quote]

Corper.

I dont blame you.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by ogbuefi677(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fentanyl:

this one too is claiming surgeon

looooooool

rat surgeon? or you're mistaking sewing clothes for surgery

nairaland and its numerous lies and clownish characters
Lolz.
MBBS 2008.
Spent 2 years in the General Surgery department of a Federal Medical Center
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by mechanics(m): 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Olumighty123:

A very unusual mistakes, how on earth do people forget stuffs inside a human during surgery ?
Some of them might not be in their right sense at that instant.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by toluwa1(f): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

How do they "forget" these things inside a person? It seems it's deliberate so that they will have a repeat patient to take it out. Perhaps money is the motivation.

No sane surgeon will do that. Most times its due to miscalculation of swabs and abdo pack being used for the procedure. That's why counting of everything to be used for surgery especially swabs and instrument before , during and after the procedure is very very important.

1 Like

Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by 125diCalcitriol: 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
akpunda86:
During one surgery in aso clinic we removed wads of dollars from one of PDP pigs abdomen.well it was in thousands of dollars.was shared among us.infact good luck jonathan needs to be castrated.Why is olisa metuh still a free man.he needs to go and stay with his room mate orji kalu.
Buhari might not be the best but since 1999 he is the best.massive construction in all parts of the country.

Nigerian surgeons are sucide bombers.we have no doctors in Nigeria just few.Quacks parading as doctors.a surgeon that can't even operate A fowl now touching a human.
SUCIDAL DOCTORS EVERYWHERE

This is as complete as a complete sentence
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Olumighty123:

A very unusual mistakes, how on earth do people forget stuffs inside a human during surgery ?
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by chewwie(m): 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Olumighty123:

1. Crowded surgical field
2. Surgeons in a hurry
3. Possible tiredness
4. Arrogance
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by chewwie(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

How do they "forget" these things inside a person? It seems it's deliberate so that they will have a repeat patient to take it out. Perhaps money is the motivation.
Most of the pads used to soak up blood during surgeries are white, turn red, just like the rest of the field, and it's very very easy to miss, that's why many do inventories of everything used during surgery.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
crafteck:
Do i need a surgery, im on cast, how long do i have to immobilise the leg.
wow sorry bro undecided cry
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by optm(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Uyi168:
Topics like this can better be appreciated on platforms like quora.. kiss
it was picked from quora. I had come across this there long ago.

1 Like

Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
fatymore:
If you are a doctor, a Muslim and Single...

Please PM me..

I am single too kiss
cc madridguy
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by Legendguru: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kidneys and livers of course
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by fatymore(f): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
FatherCHRISTMAS:
cc madridguy

Lols... He is married and not a Doctor
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by Kinematics: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
chewwie:

1. Crowded surgical field
2. Surgeons in a hurry
3. Possible tiredness
4. Arrogance

Add absent mindedness. Some gist inside theatre can make you forget stuff in the patient. Even some surgeons engage in political banter with the anaesthetist and assistant surgeon.

I've been in theatre where we discussed Rivers politics all through and we were all scrubbed, op was ongoing.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by madridguy(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin grin Wetin you dey copy me for grin

FatherCHRISTMAS:
cc madrdguy
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by madridguy(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
I'm not a doctor but you can be my second wife. Bintu, will you marry me?

fatymore:

Lols... He is married and not a Doctor
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
madridguy:
grin grin Wetin you dey copy me for grin

no vex o I thought you are Dr Madridguy
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by madridguy(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Oh, just yesterday here, someone mentioned me as a lawyer and today again as a doctor, my head dey swell up i swear.

FatherCHRISTMAS:
no vex o I thought you are Dr Madridguy
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by BRATISLAVA: 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
chewwie:

Most of the pads used to soak up blood during surgeries are white, turn red, just like the rest of the field, and it's very very easy to miss, that's why many do inventories of everything used during surgery.

Why not use and remove? Why use and dump inside people? If other professions were as careless too many people would die needlessly.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by chewwie(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Why not use and remove? Why use and dump inside people? If other professions were as careless too many people would die needlessly.
The use it to block the bleeders, surgeries come with risks sha
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by chewwie(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kinematics:

Add absent mindedness. Some gist inside theatre can make you forget stuff in the patient. Even some surgeons engage in political banter with the anaesthetist and assistant surgeon.

I've been in theatre where we discussed Rivers politics all through and we were all scrubbed, op was ongoing.
That's the arrogance. My own were just arguing super eagles
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by fatymore(f): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
madridguy:
I'm not a doctor but you can be my second wife. Bintu, will you marry me?

grin

Shey you will build house for me as dowry? tongue
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by Nabietonye(f): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
In 2015, the doctor forget one full confit pad used to drain blood, inside My stomach.
I even went for scan for almost two times but nothing was seen. But I was dieing slowing in pain.
One faithful day, God in His way made me to pass it out through faeces. That was how I saw what was killing me.
It was a terrible experience which I will want even my enemy to go through.

Doctors pls help us and be very careful during surgical procedures.
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by joinnow: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
all is happening because the[b] good doctors[/b] don travel comot for 9ja
leaving only ..............................bad and ugly doctors
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by joinnow: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
all is happening because the good doctors don travel comot for 9ja
leaving only ..............................bad and ugly doctors
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by zeuss: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
cRobo:
I actually did find a live snake inside a patient's intestine

I won't say a word

Native doctors have a different thread
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by Bbmshepu: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
proclinician:
In one of my shifts as a resident a woman once gave birth through CS and after discharge and she was supposed to be healing, her abdominal cavity was swelling up and painful and the area in the abdomen that was stitched was bleeding and pus was coming out. She was rushed in when her hubby felt something was not right and a CT scan was ordered. There in the abdominal cavity were some unusual foreign bodies which in a normal human viscera shouldn't be there. She was put into the theatre for an operation and immediately she was opened up there in the abdominal cavity were two gauze sponges used to soak up the bleeding but retained after the CS with massive antibody-antigen reaction taking place there. It was horrible but thank God she lived she was lucky enough sepsis did not occur
Re: As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? by proclinician: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Bbmshepu post=86899199][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last / Doctor Slept With Multiple Women In GP Consulting Room During Work Hours / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.