Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:13 AM

Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins (70785 Views)

Picture Of The House Where Fredrick Lugard Signed Amalgamation In 1914 / Masari: No President Better Than Buhari Since Nigeria’s Amalgamation In 1914 / The Air-Conditioned Building Where ‘Prisoner’ AbdulRasheed Maina Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Area4Area: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Gforce2015:

Which power? May you not die in your stupidity. Even the oyinbo knew that it was a grave mistake to merge the circumcised with the uncircumcised. The amalgamation is borne out of making governance easy and cheap for the colonial master. How I wish they separated it before we had independence, all these nonsense journeys tighter been together for 50 years wouldn't have been so...
May the Lord separate the tares from the wheat in Jesus name
Zik and Ironsi had the opportunity to de-amalgamate but failed to do so, so unfortunate
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by churchee: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I would have said I pray where his soul is is worse than that but I have a rethink.

The guy may have had good intention not knowing how stupid the people he is amalgamating is. America's strength is in their unity but unfortunately blacks will always have one way or the other being black.

Its unfortunate.
My brother, he never had any good intention. In fact, he signed it but never really signed it because the equation was calculated over there in Britain, he was just used in its implementation and if he doesn't sign it, another will. Nonetheless, his soul and spirit rot in hell because he was aware of what he was doing. I used to be an advocate of One Nigeria, my friends will argue up and down with me, now things are even better for me but too bad for the growth of the conjoined nations. I spit on his grave!

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by EgusiShankly: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigerians... we always apportion blame to the wrong things for our failure/lack of progress.

Amalgamation building is not the problem and will never be
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Tonyspecial(m): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Wetin snake born go always resemble am

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Akpaamunsi: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
In the absense of lord lugard, @ step forward.. sad

CC: Felixamos

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by FemiMaduka(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigeria is a total mess! How can this kind of historic and symbolic building be in ruins? It's not even a complex, just about the size of a bungalow!
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by BreconHills(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
TheTourist:
The Building should rot to the ground as it was a building where a selfish pact was signed to enslave a people of different backgrounds together for official purposes to plunder their commonwealth.

Even bad history needs to be preserved. It is the only way we can educate the future and ensure that mistakes will not be made again. Germany has a large museum dedicated to the millions of Jews it killed in the second war.

Never forget, never repeat.

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by evidencenews1: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigeria has no future
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by jamalnation(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
No wonder Nigeria is in ruin
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by ThatFairGuy: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2020
He had no good intention, he has the governor general of the northern protectorate sees there was no much wealth in northern compare to southern protectorate. He did the marriage believing he'll be able to manage the huge wealth of southern protectorate for the two protectorates
SpecialAdviser:
I would have said I pray where his soul is is worse than that but I have a rethink.

[s]The guy may have had good intention not knowing how stupid the people he is amalgamating is.[/s] America's strength is in their unity but unfortunately blacks will always have one way or the other being black.

Its unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Area4Area: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2020
EgusiShankly:
Nigerians... we always apportion blame to the wrong things for our failure/lack of progress.

Bless you please, imagine how they're all pouring their lives frustration on a building instead of asking themselves why Nigeria is the way it and how they contributed to her failure

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Kuginzi: 9:03am On Feb 23, 2020
I'm tired of reading IPOB trash here!! They are only good at propaganda
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by misterjosh(m): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2020
The nonsense doesn't deserve to be standing.
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Area4Area: 9:06am On Feb 23, 2020
evidencenews1:
Nigeria has no future
Back to sender, I and my children have future in Nigeria, if you don't have then sorry about that and go get a job and stop pouring your frustration on an ordinary building

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by ecclize: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2020
the building truly depicts how grievous and hideous of what was signed inside it...

from the comments above it shows we don't want the marriage anymore, i still wonder why Nigeria leader had failed to realize that Nigeria should be dissolved...
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Cj4charles(m): 9:10am On Feb 23, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

What is there to believe in...
Nepotism.. Tribalism.. Terrorism. Poverty. Illiteracy.. Hardship ..Depression

Nigeria is the devils workshop
A training ground for those going to hell

hahahaha man u bad#
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by StPete: 9:13am On Feb 23, 2020
If only the country can be dissolved and every faction can just walk away to do their thing. E no go better for amalgamation

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by kokomilala(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2020
It's symbolic of how Nigeria lies in ruins.The amalgamation of Nigeria was a fraud; an economically expedient move by Lugard,prodded by the corrupt Home Office in England.They forced the union to achieve their own end.
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by bhest(m): 9:16am On Feb 23, 2020
Even Nigeria herself is on the verge of being ruined,if not totally ruined already and you here talking about it birth place. And for that bastard wey amalgamate Nigeria, I just hope he's regretting the forced marriage he initiated, this side of the world would have been a great country without amalgamation. #MyOpinion
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by NwaliE01: 9:17am On Feb 23, 2020
The building speaks volume on the aftermath of the falsified amalgamation.
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Feb 23, 2020
TheTourist:
The Building should rot to the ground as it was a building where a selfish pact was signed to enslave a people of different backgrounds together for official purposes to plunder their commonwealth.

Still does not change/alter the fact...... We cannot blame a building, for our collective woes......
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by DexterousOne(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

The guy may have had good intention not knowing how stupid the people he is amalgamating is. America's strength is in their unity but unfortunately blacks will always have one way or the other being black.

Its unfortunate.

You have a point

Unity is an advantage
And there are strength in numbers

After all Lugard was from THE UNITED KINGDOM which is also an amalgamated country.

But like you said

Black folks and their issues

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by thundafire: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2020
Felixamos:
In the absense of lord lugard, @mannabgrills step forward...
Sarrki and Ngeneukwenu should follow behind

2 Likes

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by DexterousOne(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2020
EgusiShankly:

Bless you jare
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Microwhy: 9:24am On Feb 23, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
What a pity!

This is where Nigeria was made a power to reckon with in Africa and the world.

The foundation of her power and strength.

God bless Lord Lugard.
Please tell..
Tell does myopic mind...
Tell those shallow minded folks..
Alaska was bought from Russia because white believes in strength and power...

The "most populous black nation in the world" is enough eulogy for Nigeria..
Nigerian youths are fools..
It's a pity that what we can use to our advantage over every other black nations in the world is what we don't appreciate...
Shame on Nigerians...

It's very painful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by BlackfireX: 9:27am On Feb 23, 2020
francis5051:
you be OTILE go ask any igbo friend wetin be OTILE.das wot u re

Otele or otile ??
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Purifiedsoul: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2020
Firestarrr:
As shared by a Facebook user, building where Lord Lugard signed Nigeria's amalgamation in Zungeru is in ruins.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217730714513832&id=1059721649&refid=17&_ft_=mf_story_key.10217730714513832%3Atop_level_post_id.10217730714513832%3Atl_objid.10217730714513832%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1059721649%3Aoriginal_content_id.10220726116933797%3Aoriginal_content_owner_id.1563043771%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10217730714513832%3Aphoto_id.10220726116733792%3Astory_location.4%3Aattached_story_attachment_style.photo%3Athid.1059721649%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1583049599%3A-9035945265241658434&__tn__=%2AW-R&_rdr

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/125291-zungeru-town-of-amalgamation-in-shambles.html
I dont even know what to say about this.
Two different region of different people, with different beliefs, culture and tradition, mores and values. There is completely no point of being together.

1 Like

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by membranus: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2020
selemempe:
I wanted to report this your post for utter stupidity but I see you didn't break any nairaland rule

Let me ask you...which part of the north or west are you from?

He is from SangoOlukoso. No fixed address..
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by EgusiShankly: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2020
Area4Area:
Bless you please, imagine how they're all pouring their lives frustration on a building instead of asking themselves why Nigeria is the way it and how they contributed to her failure
it's the first sign of people without intention to succeed - constantly pointing/cussing others but themselves for their problems..

For Christ sake these events happened over a century ago. how long do we continue in manner? Did the British also programmed us to be selfish and produce greedy inept leaders lacking foresight?

Whatever Lugard's motives were, it's upon us to utilize our collective strength to forge ahead and create a society/nation every of us we be proud to have..

2 Likes

Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by Dreadful: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2020
Look at how faulty and rot the Nigeria foundation is.
Disintegrate this terror ridden country jareh let everyone go their separate ways and develop themselves.
A very useless country called nigeria
Re: Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins by DennisEche(m): 9:37am On Feb 23, 2020
Felixamos:
In the absense of lord lugard, @mannabgrills step forward...
Please what are doing with those stones? And inviting manna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG / Should President Muhammadu Buhari Resign? - Sahara Reporters Poll (Screenshot) / Yoruba Nation Agitators Open Idiroko Border, Disarm Security Operative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.