Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? (44918 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Driving License For Sale Online | Buy Driving License Online | Driving Licence F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by golddare: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
iluvMAMAV:
The person doing it for me said one month now is already one month ,
.pls tell me how to get it fast God bless you

Gone are the days when the blind get driving licence, the process is two to three months all things being equal.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by 9jaArea: 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
ifykris22:
My brother things in Nigeria keeps getting worse...

I've been driving with my print out for 3yrs now... I applied for my driving license August 2018 is not out yet, with no sign of when I'll be going for biometrics ...

This is not about the system, go and ask for a refund from the person you contracted to by pass laid down procedures for you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by lonelydora: 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
ifykris22:
Due process... Lol Bros I paid #20k cash .. something I thought I'll be getting in a months btime now it's almost 3yrs

The person doing it for you is not serious. Hold him responsible
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by triplettlamas96: 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
Wonderss

zzzz//////
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owila4luv(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
2 months at most
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by CuteYvonne777: 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by saintruky(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
ifykris22:

I've been driving with my print out for 3yrs now... I applied for my driving license August 2018 is not out yet, with no sign of when I'll be going for biometrics ...

Na same rope tie us o... Applied for mine same August 2018 n up till now I've not been called for biometric. D only thing I hear is, ur certificate never ready.. only me sef dey adjust d print out.. no need to go office.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by patonyx1: 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sorry about your experience..

However, I got my original DL 3weeks and a few days immediately after the temp printout.

ifykris22:

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
Where' did you apply..

patonyx1:
Sorry about your experience..

However, I got my original DL 3weeks and a few days immediately after the temp printout.

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lol I swear brother... Na owerri I apply ohh... I wish I fit dey adjust the print out sef, without going to their office.. where you apply brother??
saintruky:

Na same rope tie us o... Applied for mine same August 2018 n up till now I've not been called for biometric. D only thing I hear is, ur certificate never ready.. only me sef dey adjust d print out.. no need to go office.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lol I swear brother... Na owerri I apply ohh... I wish I fit dey adjust the print out sef, without going to their office.. where you apply brother??

saintruky:

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by saintruky(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
ifykris22:

I fit teach u... Na warri I run am
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Folich: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
I think that in each country is different. For example, I studied for 3 months and received a driver’s license.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Maljp: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2020
It doesn’t matter how long you get your license, the main thing is that you will start driving a good car after about half a year of practice.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by sdbigiano(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Please how much are they getting the drivers license now and is it possible for me to pay driving school for certificate since I know how to drive already.... Thanks.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by sydneyboss(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
tradebot:
International passport 24hours. 100k last.

Thief , I got my international passport the same day I applied for 45k

You no like 1m?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by sydneyboss(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
If you're from the east go to Umuahia or Abakaliki to do it, you will get it ASAP..

Please can I DM u?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by adebayo111: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Malawian:

Why didn't you do it yourself? Just 7k and you will get temporal one the same day and permanent one in just over two weeks later. You just have to pass some oral tests they will give you.
how do I go abt it
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Flourhine: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please can u enlighten me more about this.my email is Folarin.azeez@yahoo.com u can simply drop me some needed info I might need please bro
Malawian:

Why didn't you do it yourself? Just 7k and you will get temporal one the same day and permanent one in just over two weeks later. You just have to pass some oral tests they will give you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Malawian(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Flourhine:
Please can u enlighten me more about this.my email is Folarin.azeez@yahoo.com u can simply drop me some needed info I might need please bro
Bro, the process is very straight forward, unless the centre you go to dont have the required tools. the one I went to at Aguda (LCDA Secretariat at Thomas Animashaun) They have everything needed for both capture and printing. As per Naija levels, you might need to roger here or there to fast track it, especially if there was crowd. There wasn't the day I went. in fact we were just 4 in number that morning. You will register and fill form in one section and also pay the fees for the licence there, then you will go to another section and do oral and visual examination where they will ask you several questions. if you pass, they forward you to capture section, if you fail, they sell you the manual and CD for you to read and come back later In 2 weeks to resit your exam or you..... grin as per Naija wey we dey. At the capture section, they take your picture and biometrics and stuff. even your file you registered with in the first section would have found its way to the capture section, where they also scan you signature and stuff and fill your other details into the system. (they had internet connectivity, so it was uploading to central database right away)

las las, they print a temporary one for you immediately (I took my temporary one the same day) although I had to go and come back due to printer issues that morning.

two weeks later, you go and collect your plastic one, and drop your temporary one with them.

finish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by sirqeeboi(m): 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Malawian:

Bro, the process is very straight forward, unless the centre you go to dont have the required tools. the one I went to at Aguda (LCDA Secretariat at Thomas Animashaun) They have everything needed for both capture and printing. As per Naija levels, you might need to roger here or there to fast track it, especially if there was crowd. There wasn't the day I went. in fact we were just 4 in number that morning. You will register and fill form in one section and also pay the fees for the licence there, then you will go to another section and do oral and visual examination where they will ask you several questions. if you pass, they forward you to capture section, if you fail, they sell you the manual and CD for you to read and come back later In 2 weeks to resit your exam or you..... grin as per Naija wey we dey. At the capture section, they take your picture and biometrics and stuff. even your file you registered with in the first section would have found its way to the capture section, where they also scan you signature and stuff and fill your other details into the system. (they had internet connectivity, so it was uploading to central database right away)

las las, they print a temporary one for you immediately (I took my temporary one the same day) although I had to go and come back due to printer issues that morning.

two weeks later, you go and collect your plastic one, and drop your temporary one with them.

finish.
Did u get a message from them telling u ur card is ready, the woman that did capturing for me said I should come back after a month. I may be leaving the state I did it anytime soon. went to register it because of job.
After attending different interviews, their last question has always been " can you confidently drive?". angry That the reason I registered for it..to know if I can go and try to see if it ready.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Malawian(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=sirqeeboi post=99495070][/quote]
No, I just went there after 2 weeks they told me and collected it. You don't even need to go in person of you can't, just make sure whoever you send goes with the temporary one, they will swap it for him.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by blinking001(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Malawian:

finish.

What type of questions do they ask?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Malawian(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
blinking001:

What type of questions do they ask?

Varied questions Sha. Like speed limit on highways, they show you road signs and ask you to identify them etc.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by clydecarson(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
Please Y'all should confirm your drivers license after pickup,I just discovered my license I did at frsc office was fake...now I have to renew for another person's foolishness �
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by DAramis: 5:34am On Dec 14, 2021
owolabi5:
For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please Check my signature for my contact details.
Hello, though this information is little late,
Can the driving license be done by proxy for someone not around due to some reasons?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owolabi5: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2021
DAramis:

Hello, though this information is little late,
Can the driving license be done by proxy for someone not around due to some reasons?

Biometric data capture will be done at some point sir
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by DAramis: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
owolabi5:

Biometric data capture will be done at some point sir
okay sir
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by otosa(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
Can you link me up please? This is over two months now have been waiting for capturing at Ojodu Center.
Malawian:

finish.

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owo4mii(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2022

Hmmm, Where you do am
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owo4mii(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2022
otosa:
Can you link me up please? This is over two months now have been waiting for capturing at Ojodu Center.

Which of the Ojodu? Road Safety or Ojodu Abiodun because capturing doesn't take that long over there, it depends on whom you engaged for the services.

Guess you have gotten it now
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by anderssa(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
Registration and filling out forms took place in one section, where you also paid a license fee. Then you went to another section for the oral and visual exam, where you were asked some questions. If you passed the exam, you were sent to the capture section. If you didn't pass, they sold you a manual and a CD so you could study and come back in 2 weeks to retake the exam or something like that, you know how it is in Nigeria. And actually there are other ways https://fairyid.com/product/maryland-fake-id/ to get your driver's license fast and not expensive. At the exam stage, they took your photo, biometric data and other information from you. Even the file you registered with in the first section ended up there. They also scanned your signature and uploaded everything to a central database because they had an Internet connection. As a result, they were able to print out a temporary license for you right away. I got mine the same day, although I had to go back because of printer problems that morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos / ₦720m Armored Karlmann king SUV On Display At The New York Auto Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.