Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up (1207 Views)

APC Ticket: When I Was Almost Fed Up, I Resorted To Prayers – Tinubu / Lagos 2023: Jandor Picks PDP Nomination Form, Says Lagosians Fed Up With APC / A United South Is The Down Fall Of The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by AuntLaVIV(f): 11:12am On Feb 23, 2020
A message to the North: The South is getting fed up!

I have a story to tell the North. I hope it receives it in good faith. I love the North. So I have decided to tell the North how his brother the South truly feels. The South loves the north but the South is getting fed up.

The truth may taste bitter but it sets free. I will throw away political correctness and let the North know how the South feels because the North has to sit up and shape up.

Also read: Buratai to troops: We are days away from finally defeating Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorism
The South is getting fed up.

Today, it’s Boko Haram. Tomorrow it’s banditry. Yesterday, it was confounding mass illiteracy. And no mention has been made yet about the abiding mass obesity of the North.

Family resources are being wasted fighting useless fires!

The truth is, the South increasingly sees the North like a slothful temperamental brother that has stubbornly refused to go to school and has begun to keep the company of bad gangs.

So the North isn’t just a laid back family black sheep, it’s now the sort of black sheep that is bringing in wolves and troubles to impoverish and imperil the family.

And nothing rankles the South more than the fact that the North seems utterly oblivious of its predicaments and their toll on fortunes and future of the family. If the North understood the magnitude of its problems, its leaders will weep every day.

The South wants his brother the North to take out time and do some sober reflection in a pan Arewa village meeting. Their emirs, their generals, their billionaires, their Islamic clerics. So that the North can ask himself soul-searching questions about how he came to such a sorry pass.

Because nothing irritates the South more than the fact that the South sees the North, every day, chasing political shadows instead of chasing its children to school, instead of taking care of its ever-increasing number of young pregnant women.

The South is amused when he watches the North occupy himself, chasing population numbers, disfiguring meritocracy with the quota system and resisting power devolution instead of taking practical steps to save his children from poverty and illiteracy.

Yes, this is how the South feels. I know the North has things to tell the South too. It’s normal. But this is how the South feels.

The South is not an angel and the South is not without its own conspicuous sins. But the South can’t understand why a brother beset with so many crippling self-inflicted wounds could yet be so aloof, so arrogant, so enamoured of frivolity.

This is the North in the eyes of the South today: The picture of a backward brother in a poor family. The picture of a fat family liability.

I promised to tell the whole truth.

There is a feeling of disgust that seizes a brother when his own brother’s prodigal shortcomings and recklessness threatens to plunge the entire family into turmoil and shame. It solidifies into repugnance when rather than face his problems, perhaps, that brother takes more interest in claiming ‘firstsonship’ and talking about how his brother has lost respect for him. And rebuking sympathizers harshly, with reminders about groundnut pyramids and how he was once the prosperous one.

The truth is, the South has logged in its own eyes. The South might even suffer from bigotry. But it is indisputable that his brother’s slothfulness poses a more immediate calamity to the family.

The South wants the North to sit up and zip up. Yes, zip-up and stop breeding the way our great grandfathers ignorantly did when there was little else to do than marry and have children. The extended family lacks the resources to feed one hundred million children. And neighbours mock when our scrawny children go plate in hand begging for food.

The South wants the North to note how Fareed Zakaria painted Nigeria in glorious lights a couple of days ago. Nigeria has more percentage of PhD holders in America than China and the UK. Nigeria has a higher percentage of Bachelor’s degree holders in America than every other country. The CNN presenter told the world that Nigeria was rich in quality human resources.

That data is Nigeria’s but it is plainly the South’s. Because last year Zamfara with all its puritanism couldn’t get more than 20 students to write the National Common entrance Exams. It is indeed, an abomination. But have you seen any northern leader weep over this? Or call for a Jihad to fight educational backwardness and social injustice in the north?

So the South wants the North to produce only the children the North can feed and send them to good schools. The South doesn’t and can’t feel safe when his brother’s children rather than become doctors and lawyers are ending up in droves as angry street urchins.

The South doesn’t know how to say it, but he is fed up with the North dragging the family numbers down.

The South wants the North to see Boko Haram and banditry as wolves that can devour the entire family. The South wants the North to hold a village meeting and find a spiritual solution to the wolves. The South knows that his brother has a temper. But he is yet to see that temper unleashed on Boko Haram and banditry. He would like to see one Yerima or one Shinkafi stand up and issue a fatwa against Shekau and the insurgents. And follow it up by mobilizing 2 million volunteers into Borno. Because in actual sense the insurgents have blasphemed God and done incalculable damage to Islam.

The South knows the North loves Sharia. It doesn’t mind. But it wants the north to open the windows of its mind and excommunicate religious intolerance.

I’ve come to tell the North how the South feels. I didn’t come to mince words. The North must discard his pride and face his perilous reality. His farmlands are lying waste because of banditry while his children roam the streets with chronic malnutrition and preventable diseases.

Northern leaders can’t be frolicking in Abuja and Kaduna plotting 2023!

The South knows that it also has some rogues as leaders but it wants the North to stop scratching and smiling, and start treating, in earnest, the craw-craw of having about the worst set of leaders in a badly governed Africa.

Alhamdulillah! God bless the North.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/a-message-to-the-north-the-south-is-getting-fed-up/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Mefi21: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2020
smiley
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Dreambeat: 11:45am On Feb 23, 2020
The earlier the North realize that they can’t continue to be spoon fed by the South, the better for them.The North need to know that the present generation of the South would not continue to share the limited resources obtained from the South while the North bring little or nothing to the table.The Northern youths need to rise up and ask their present and past leaders questions.The South will not continue to condone the excesses of the North forever. The South is already seeing the North as the clog in the wheel of its progress and rightfully so and this perception will be the beginning of strife. STAND UP Northern youths and demand for a better future for your next generation!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by xendra: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2020
Dreambeat:
The earlier the North realize that they can’t continue to be spoon fed by the South, the better for them.The North need to realize that the present generation of the South would not continue to share the limited resources obtained from the South while the North bring little or nothing to the table
Really?
but that's why they are killing farmers in the south na! they want south to leave farming for them, that way; south gets to depend on them for food.

4 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by oz4real83(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Imagine a situation where some northern governors will spend their resources to build, renovate mosques and send their people on pilgrimages to the "holy land" while doing almost nothing to improve the lives of their people, and their people after seeing that they have no hope in their home states, migrate to southern Nigeria where they either harrass people on walk-ways in the name of "alms begging", or become security threats to lives and properties in any state they migrate to and also expect the governors of those states they migrate to, to use the resources meant for their own people to provide for them. We are in a very deep mess and most of us have still not realised it.

6 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Sweeetheart(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
God bless the writer. the North elites are the problem of north, let those cankerworm go on extinction and you will see how sanity enter north back

one brought his wives to Parliament house praising and proud of giving birth like idiot

other was castigating the only voice speaking the truth in north that Almajiri that had brought nothing is their pride, of course it's

divide and rule (ethnic and religion) is what north elites used to enslave their kinsmen. they've succeeded in introducing that religion and ethnic in south too that's why you see some nonentity screaming Yoruba Muslim everywhere like a special idiot

South must come with one voice to tell these bunch of backward scallywags enough is enough, they may have manpower than us in terms of population but we have resources and other force around us

north enough is enough

5 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Zooposki(f): 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sweeetheart:

divide and rule (ethnic and religion) is what north elites used to enslave their kinsmen. they've succeeded in introducing that religion and ethnic in south too that's why you see some nonentity screaming Yoruba Muslim everywhere like a special idiot.
h

It’s mostly the Igbos screaming Yoruba Muslims trying to divide the South West, but they don’t know that as they are trying to divide the Yorubas Karma is also working on them. That’s why every other tribe in Nigeria is running away from Biafra and want nothing to do with them. Even the Igbo tribes in other states are denying them. That is Karma at work and she is a bitch.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by slimfit1(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agreed ed
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Olominira(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
If Northern elites, States, and FG would Take education of the current population as emergency. Big population is good, but unproductive population is dangerous.
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by helinues: 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Insect wey dey chop vegetable dey inside the vegetable itself
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by xelly: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Zooposki:

It’s mostly the Igbos screaming Yoruba Muslims trying to divide the South West, but they don’t know that as they are trying to divide the Yorubas Karma is also working on them. That’s why every other tribe in Nigeria is running away from Biafra and want nothing to do with them. Even the Igbo tribes in other states are denying them. That is Karma at work and she is a bitch.

The writer is talking about the North not SE.

7 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
So we're still getting fed up?

I'm waiting for when we're totally fed up! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by BaddieKay(f): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
You're still saying getting fed,the south is fed up already. God should keep blessing the South.

When u guys blame their leaders its not totally right,was it the leaders in the south that forced us to go to school and dream big? Even if the whole north is filled with schools today will they go? Some went as far as offering food to lure them to school, after eating they go home. Education down there is almost free,free books clothes even sandals but do they show up?

How some set of people chose to live for nothing is beyond me, most times when I see some northerners I just wonder if all the dream of is just getting enough food to eat and follow bad leaders who don't add anything to their lives.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Honestly i have nothing to say, Nigeria pass me walahi....... Dnt need headache on top 9ja mata..

NB. North knows their prblm and only them can solve it. I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by basmur(m): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
hmmnn
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by sofiscatedmoron: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
Pls remove amotekun Muslims
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by tartar9(m): 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Resources from the South
It's oil money resource from the Niger-Delta...you don't even work for it; in reality they're not bringing anything to the table,they were just lucky to be born with oil underneath their soil.
The most annoying thing is that an igboid is most probably the one behind this write-up meanwhile their region contributes amongst the lowest IGR and their budget almost entirely funded by the same ND oil money and yet they love calling others parasites.At least the North has Agriculture; the SE has no resources whatsoever.
The only people whom are trying are the Yoruba's
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by Marine54(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
Thier major problem is Islam ! Boko haram, bandits, Fulani's herdsmen ,, ansaru all rink to islam. Until they get ride of religion, they'll ever , i mean ever remains they way they're !!
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by ican2020: 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
We want our own country, period.
Re: A Message To The North: The South Is Getting Fed Up by ican2020: 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
tartar9:
Resources from the South
It's oil money resource from the Niger-Delta...you don't even work for it; in reality they're not bringing anything to the table,they were just lucky to be born with oil underneath their soil.
The most annoying thing is that an igboid is most probably the one behind this write-up meanwhile their region contributes amongst the lowest IGR and their budget almost entirely funded by the same ND oil money and yet they love calling others parasites.At least the North has Agriculture; the SE has no resources whatsoever.
The only people whom are trying are the Yoruba's
You guys have oil now.
Why not enjoy the oil and allow those who want to have their country, have their way stress free.
Must you depend on someone forever

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will The New Prepared Meter Billing Cost Me A Month? / BREAKING; Dethroned Emir Sanusi Leaves Nasarawa Residence / We No Dey See Runs Again Oo - Delta Sex Workers Join COVID-19 Extension Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.