Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop (1312 Views)

This Laptop Could Be What You're Looking For / Is This Laptop Okay For 65k / I Need Advice On This Laptop elitebook 8460p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Solomon8144: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2020
Nairalanders I'm planning to get this laptop for my kid bro tomorrow i don't know how reliable it is.

My budget is 60k for the 8gb ram and 500 Hdd

What do you think about the laptop please. I'm about to make payment tomorrow morning.

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
Its at the budget end processor wise but as a general purpose laptop machine it should be fine and would probably have good battery as celerons usually consume less power. .ff your brother has plans for gaming, graphic design or other processor intensive tasks consider getting a i5 or i7 chip.Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
If it new fine but if it is UK used ,60k for intel celeron?

It's better you add like #5-7k and get the one with core i5 processor.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Solomon8144: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
udemzyudex:

It's not new o. It's uk used. I can add 5k on the 60k. Which laptop would you suggest bro?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Solomon8144: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
udemzyudex:

Hello bro please i barely know much about laptops as I have none. I prefer my high end phones when i want to do hard task.
Is this Lenovo going to be a better choice for him than that hp?

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
Solomon8144:

Hello bro please i barely know much about laptops as I have none. I prefer my high end phones when i want to do hard task.
Is this Lenovo going to be a better choice for him than that hp?

What does he want to use it for?

The HP is better though.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
Solomon8144:

It's not new o. It's uk used. I can add 5k on the 60k. Which laptop would you suggest bro?

Same HP 640 but with core i5 processor.

He can decide to go into graphic design, programming etc in future,the laptop will still be able to handle the job.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by pat077: 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
udemzyudex:

Same HP 640 but with core i5 processor.

He can decide to go into graphic design, programming etc in future,the laptop will still be able to handle the job.
can a Toshiba satellite Pro with core i3 processor handle graphics design and programming well?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Hypocrit: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
Buying a Laptop is like buying a car. Is a fixed expenditure because you dont get to change it frequently, so it is advisable when buying you buy with the long term in view so that you dont get to regret your earlier decision. The disadvantage of a celeron processor out-weighs the advantages. celeron processors over-heat easily and tend to hang under the weight of heavy programs, in some cases, you cant even enjoy watching movies with them, they are very slow, etc. Run from celeron processors. Your target should be core i3 minimum with a good resolution. Which you can get a london used for same 60000 or a bit higher. Please dont buy a celeron processor Laptop even if you are using it for the ligtest program or job, because in the future, it may not be able to run the upgraded version of such program. I will also advice you to go for HP or Dell because they are more easy to fix, and their parts are easily accessible or available. Peace.

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Solomon8144: 8:15am On Feb 24, 2020
Hypocrit:
Buying a Laptop is like buying a car. Is a fixed expenditure because you dont get to change it frequently, so it is advisable when buying you buy with the long term in view so that you dont get to regret your earlier decision. The disadvantage of a celeron processor out weigh the advantages. celeron processors over heat easily and tend to hang under the weight of heavy programs, in some cases, you cant even enjoy watching movies with them etc. Run from celeron processors. Your target should be core i3 minimum with a good resolution. Which you can get a london used of it for same 60000 or a bit higher. Please dont buy a celeron processor Laptop even if you are using it for the ligtest program of job, because in the future, it may not be able to run the upgraded version of such program. Peace.
Thanks alot bro. I have decided to add 20k to the 60k to get him this hp below.
I need your view about this please. If i should go ahead or back off

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Hypocrit: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2020
Solomon8144:

that is better. Check for the processor bit before buying. And it should be 64bit, dont ever buy a 32bit processor no matter how fast it is.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Hypocrit: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Solomon8144:

What is the screen size?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Solomon8144: 10:18am On Feb 24, 2020
Hypocrit:
that is better. Check for the processor bit before buying. And it should be 64bit, dont ever buy a 32bit processor no matter how fast it is.
Hello bro thank you for your help all along. This is the specifications. Would you advise i go ahead to make payment?

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Hypocrit: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2020
Solomon8144:

Hello bro thank you for your help all along. This is the specifications. Would you advise i go ahead to make payment?
look for a screen of 14.1inches atleast. 12.1 inches is too small. Are you buying it online? Every other spec of the Laptop is OK. But wider screen with same spec or almost same spec is better.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by INCREDIBLEGUY: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
Guys, please also help me oh, am new in laptop, am planning on buying, from Jamia cause i dont need fairly use, please is this laptop a good buy , how do i know if it has good battery life, please can anyone recommend it for me?_ Thanks in advance

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hypocrit:
Buying a Laptop is like buying a car. Is a fixed expenditure because you dont get to change it frequently, so it is advisable when buying you buy with the long term in view so that you dont get to regret your earlier decision. The disadvantage of a celeron processor out-weighs the advantages. celeron processors over-heat easily and tend to hang under the weight of heavy programs, in some cases, you cant even enjoy watching movies with them, they are very slow, etc. Run from celeron processors. Your target should be core i3 minimum with a good resolution. Which you can get a london used for same 60000 or a bit higher. Please dont buy a celeron processor Laptop even if you are using it for the ligtest program or job, because in the future, it may not be able to run the upgraded version of such program. I will also advice you to go for HP or Dell because they are more easy to fix, and their parts are easily accessible or available. Peace.
said it all

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Mshad662(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2020
This thread name should be changed to Laptop Engineers willing to Assist you.
Because I'm learning alot right now.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by pat077: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hypocrit:
can a Toshiba satellite Pro with core i3 processor handle graphics design and programming well?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Folux20: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
pat077:

I will advise you to go for a core i5 as the minimum processor spec when you're planning to do anything video or graphics.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Hypocrit: 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
pat077:
it can.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Folux20: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
INCREDIBLEGUY:
Guys, please also help me oh, am new in laptop, am planning on buying, from Jamia cause i dont need fairly use, please is this laptop a good buy , how do i know if it has good battery life, please can anyone recommend it for me?_ Thanks in advance

If you can go for the 10th gen i5,(2020 model) that would be better. It has better battery backup and the speed can go up to 4.1ghz.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by pat077: 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Folux20:

I will advise you to go for a core i5 as the minimum processor spec when you're planning to do anything video or graphics.
OK. But I have gotten it already. Will consider that when I want to upgrade.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Folux20: 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
pat077:
OK. But I have gotten it already. Will consider that when I want to upgrade.

That's fine then. You'll need to upgrade to SSD storage in order to get a speedy laptop. Traditional HDD don't just cut it for such task except you're used to the speed.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by pat077: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Folux20:

That's fine then. You'll need to upgrade to SSD storage in order to get a speedy laptop. Traditional HDD don't just cut it for such task except you're used to the speed.
but, why is it that most systems with SSD have lower storage than HDD?
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Folux20: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
pat077:
but, why is it that most systems with SSD have lower storage than HDD?

SSD's are very expensive when compared to regular HDD. That's why the memory equivalent of SSD in HDD will be cheaper
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by INCREDIBLEGUY: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Folux20:

If you can go for the 10th gen i5,(2020 model) that would be better. It has better battery backup and the speed can go up to 4.1ghz.
Thanks Sir, i appreciate... Hope its hp, cause i saw many on Jamia, which of the product is recommended

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Folux20: 7:15am On Feb 25, 2020
INCREDIBLEGUY:

Thanks Sir, i appreciate... Hope its hp, cause i saw many on Jamia, which of the product is recommended

Yes. HP, a convertible. It comes with Intel Optane and its damn fast.

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by INCREDIBLEGUY: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2020
Folux20:

Yes. HP, a convertible. It comes with Intel Optane and its damn fast.
Thanks, am very greatful
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Cvesta(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hp elitebook G3 for
Core i7 6th gen
16gb
256gb SSD
Backlit keyboard

Price : 130,000
WhatsApp https:///2349057778404

Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by Lilusm: 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
The characteristics by which you choose a laptop depend on your tasks. I need a laptop for my work, I am a realtor, so I need a laptop like this. Lightweight, compact and work with office software.
Re: Please I Need Urgent Help And Answers About This Laptop by kunlealao(m): 5:51am On Feb 29, 2020
May God bless you guys....I learnt a lot already .

(1) (Reply)

Where To Use Limewire / Need Information On Vsat Licensing For Personal Use / How Much Can I Get A Bluetooth Adapter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.