Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:18 PM

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? (100734 Views)

Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos / World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match / Khadim Ndiaye Suffers Both Legs Break In Match (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Happychildlove(f): 4:59am On Feb 24, 2020
seunlayi:

The choice of Nigeria colour does not make sense, this is boxing not fifa world cup or maybe APC sponsored it from Abacha fundz grin

Jóṣúà, má bẹ̀rù, sebi àwọn ẹ̀yà kan ni Ariwa, Gúsù àti Ìlà-Orun ni bàbá ńlá wọn kò ti gba bẹ́lítì yí rí. Ìgbà ara ní a nbu ra, ọba mẹwa, ìgbà mẹwa.... Oga ni master jọ

facts
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Godons1: 6:00am On Feb 24, 2020
money121:
Nigeria to the world

Biafrans, NNnamdi Kanu and IPOB terrorist right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Boyooosa(m): 6:24am On Feb 24, 2020
AJ should just avoid this beast, we don't want sad
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by darediamond(m): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2020
olaolulazio:
Anthony Joshua is coming with aluwo, aludaku and alusare... cheesy
``enh..? Nibo? 'Mio le je iya yii gbe!' Aa tun ija yii ja ni''
Eyin ara, Taisonu fe tun ija jaa leekeji loju Alusara, Aluwo ati Aludaku
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Tesleem076(m): 6:53am On Feb 24, 2020
Well, maybe a form of respect to Anthony
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Viciyke00(m): 7:02am On Feb 24, 2020
AJ
He is coming for you
You are next�
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Nifemi2512(m): 7:05am On Feb 24, 2020
Undilutedme:
Buhari anf APC will download this photo. Enlarge it and put it in Government house.

Lai Mohammed will "It was during the Buhari and APC tenure that boxing champion wore a Nigerian gumshield and this brought massive development to Nigerians home and abroad

Jezuz iz Lurd.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Brenexbaba1: 7:06am On Feb 24, 2020
Nikiballerz:
I bend if Joshua agree to fight this guy just the way he was avoiding wilder...

Joshua is the weakest among them 3

If you talk like this it shows you know nothing about boxing, wilder is just a fighter who depend. Only on his right hand but when we talk skill and real boxing Aj and fury are the best and i believe Aj will strongly accept fighting with fury
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by zomoears(m): 7:32am On Feb 24, 2020
OnpointDesign:
shocked shocked
Shiiiiiiit.

I knew that modafucker used jass to punch Wilder.

Cos if u see how tired and dejected Wilder looked in the 5th to 7th rounds en.

Only ogun could have handled such feat.

So get your existing logos to look like this for just 2k.

Send us a message now so we can get started.

We would be running naija down if he had lost...

Alas, everyone wants to be associated with success grin cool
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by SciLab: 7:40am On Feb 24, 2020
Undilutedme:
Buhari anf APC will download this photo. Enlarge it and put it in Government house.

Lai Mohammed will "It was during the Buhari and APC tenure that boxing champion wore a Nigerian gumshield and this brought massive development to Nigerians home and abroad

Lol....

Garba shehu will be like 'people were jubilating when Tyson wore the gumshield with Nigerian colour, we Nigerians have never had it so good. All thanks to President Buhari'.

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Barzinime(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2020
Get your facts right
Wilder used to have only 1 belt Joshua has 4.
AJ offered Wilder £100m but rejected it.
Wilder always fight weaklings.
Nikiballerz:
I bend if Joshua agree to fight this guy just the way he was avoiding wilder...

Joshua is the weakest among them 3
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by bewla(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2020
money121:
Nigeria to the world
I thought it's the Zooo
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by bewla(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2020
StephenBB:
He ordered it from Sagamu Juju Plc.
in the jungle bia call Zoooooo o
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by sonofElElyon: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2020
Psychological for him.. simply telling his mind "Joshua is next!"

money121:
Tyson Fury wore this gumshield tonight in his match with Wilder. A message to Anthony Joshua?

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by dplores(m): 8:00am On Feb 24, 2020
Joshua is a clean boxer but Tyson fury is ruthless almost like Mike Tyson.

Joshua stop visiting go back to training. Start from ghetto in Cuba you go win the bout.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by dplores(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2020
Animator40821:
Nothing to say.

Do you have passion to learn 2d animation?
Cartoon, and motion graphics?

WhatsApp me via
0+9+0+2+4+1+6+3+9+3+8

Can't find you on WhatsApp
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by handsomeyinka(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
Viciyke00:
AJ
He is coming for you
You are next�
Aj Will beat him.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by babadee1(m): 8:13am On Feb 24, 2020
money121:
Tyson Fury wore this gumshield tonight in his match with Wilder. A message to Anthony Joshua?

They are friends. AJ gave him the gumshield for good luck.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Reference(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2020
Wow. And gloves too. Didn't notice that. Must be a rapour between him and AJ. Beginning to like this guy.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Pafexin(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2020
itsme01:
cool

He might be taunting Joshua or wilder as both have Nigerian root, likewise he might be taunting Trump and his Nigerian ban and the venue is vegas US, or he simply likes Nigeria since he listens to our music and hangs out with Afrobeat musicians he even considers Joshua a friend and brother

OP, talk one thing nah... make we knw which one be ya own. Only u want talk evrythng. Na must say u must get it right? angry
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2020
StephenBB:
He ordered it from Sagamu Juju Plc.

You are right.

Maybe he was surprised how Anthony Joshua reclaimed his titles after visiting shrines in Naija.

So he wants to identify with home country too.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by StephenBB(m): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2020
bewla:
in the jungle bia call Zoooooo o

Argh!...Na you talk am o!

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by StephenBB(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2020
RonaldoVido:

You are right.

Maybe he was surprised how Anthony Joshua reclaimed his titles after visiting shrines in Naija.

So he wants to identify with home country too.

I'm telling you bro
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 24, 2020
ednut1:
sharing ratio is determined before the fights. The bigger stars get the most money. Joshua earned 20m usd when he was beaten. The guy who beat him 7m . Agrees before fight. Wilder and fury 25m each

Who dash monkey banana? Presently no heavyweight boxer can earn more than AJ for a match.

Wilder and Fury got pre- match guaranteed £4m and £3m respectively, expected to rise to $19m from bonuses from tv right and co.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-fight-purses-how-much-earnings-las-vegas-a9349581.html

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by ednut1(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2020
Blainz:

Who dash monkey banana? Presently no heavyweight boxer can earn more than AJ for a match.

Wilder and Fury got pre- match guaranteed £4m and £3m respectively, expected to rise to $19m from bonuses from tv right and co.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-vs-deontay-wilder-fight-purses-how-much-earnings-las-vegas-a9349581.html
Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the contractually-guaranteed purses for Wilder and Fury are both for $5 million. However, as noted by ESPN's Dan Rafael, both men are actually guaranteed more than $25 million, plus a percentage of the pay-per-view receipts. Those numbers are an increase from their first meeting where the contracted guarantees were $4 million for Wilder and $3 million for Fury. They also stand to make even more money from the rivalry should Wilder initiate their immediate guaranteed rematch clause within 30 days, which would grant a 60-40 purse split in favor of Fury.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by deebrain(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2020
It's a clear mockery and message to aj.

Gumsheilds are no doubt for protection of your teeth in combat sports and are usually spitted out as refuse after given rounds.

He is indirectly saying he will merely use AJ and spit him out the same way. Boxers and wrestlers use their various kits (gloves, shots, jock straps etc) to taunt each other to drum up interest in their fights. It's all marketing strategy.

It is not a mockery however to the country.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2020
I once loved watching boxing until I realize it wasn't fun for the boxers. I
How can someone with human heart engages in such profession of brutality? How can someone feel entertained by watching two idiots brutally punching eachother just for fame and money? Isn't it heartless enough to match animals for fun and gains?

Anthony Joshua doesn't have a beastly face, and I hate it each time I read or hear (about) him fighting; for what exactly? Yeah, I know we've been conditioned to think fame and money, but is it right? Is it human?

I am neither condemning anyone for being a boxer nor a fan of boxing, but I don't see anything entertaining in sports like this; especially, the reason for doing it.

Just my opinion.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by MrBONE2(m): 9:09am On Feb 24, 2020
money121:

Woooow grin

He gonna eat Joshua alive grin

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by BluntBoy(m): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2020
shogsman:

Which stupid Nigeria to the world,are you people cursed with asslicking ,someone is taunting your country and you're here jumping up and down in happiness

He was not taunting Nigeria. He has utmost respect for Nigeria.

The problem he has with Anthony Joshua is that Anthony Joshua only claims to be Nigerian by mouth. Hence, he once called Anthony Joshua a plastic Nigerian.

The man who can’t speak his own mind, the plastic Nigeria. I’m more Nigerian than you! I’ll fly the flag for Nigeria when we fight,” he said on Instagram
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/23/fury-wore-gum-shield-with-nigeria-on-it-during-wilders-demolition/

From his word, Fury believes a Nigerian should be able to speak his mind. I think that shows that he has a lot of respect for Nigerians.

He believes Joshua is cowardly, which is an unlikely attribute of a Nigerian. Joshua waits for Hearn to tell him everything. That is why people like Wilder have called Anthony Joshua Hearn's boy who doesn't have a mind of his own.

Fury thinks he is more Nigerian than Joshua.

I think Fury's words got to Anthony Joshua because I see that he has been visiting Nigeria frequently now.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by BluntBoy(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2020
deebrain:
It's a clear mockery and message to aj.

Gumsheilds are no doubt for protection of your teeth in combat sports and are usually spitted out as refuse after given rounds.

He is indirectly saying he will merely use AJ and spit him out the same way. Boxers and wrestlers use their various kits (gloves, shots, jock straps etc) to taunt each other to drum up interest in their fights. It's all marketing strategy.

It is not a mockery however to the country.

You have a very strong point.

But I think it is more literal than the figurative angle that you have taken it.

Fury has said he is more Nigerian than Joshua, and he has promised to prove it.

Let us wait for his next big fights. If he continues to wear the green and white, then we can be sure that Fury sees Nigeria as his second home cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / Free Betting Tips For Sure Winning / Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN 2018 Finals - 4 - 0 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.