Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? (47054 Views)

Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. / Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

Again, you're all over the place spewing trash. Brains isn't owned by Daimler AG, it's an independent tuner that tunes vehicle primarily Benz. But they tune other cars. Learn to read before opening your mouth to spew out trash.

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2020
sniperr007:

Who offend you?
Why you come bring Infinix join this conversation?
Not cool man grin grin
Werrin I do?

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by louiziana(m): 8:06am On Feb 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

Again, you're all over the place spewing trash. Brains isn't owned by Daimler AG, it's an independent tuner that tunes vehicle primarily Benz. But they tune other cars. Learn to read before opening your mouth to spew out trash.

Bros are u supporting Toyota or Benz? Just tell us.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

That's the MYTH people jump on, that they use to deceive them, the MYTH that Toyota is MORE RELIABLE than Benz. Truth is no Toyota product is "More Reliable" than Benz. Let's not even go far, let's just use our own society as an example. Let's take lagos, do you know how many Toyota cars break down on the road every day? A lot. Go to mechanic workshops all over lagos, it's usually full of broken down toyota cars having one problem or another they are fixing. It's so bad that the average lagos mechanic learnt mechanic work with Toyota (or Honda) and it shows how unreliable they are. So there's no doubt about it that Toyota's are unreliable. The average Toyota engine shorts oil by default, you always have to top up with oil or else you risk having an engine knock. There are so many defects here and there, but do you know why people actually still rush it? It boils down to money. Toyota's break down a lot, but they are "cheaper" to fix, the average mechanics here know how to repair is because it has very little complicated technology, so they don't need to be intelligent to fix it, even a dullard mechanic can still fix a Toyota (for example, if Buhari was a mechanic, pretty sure he will be a Toyota mechanic, he can never be a Benz mechanic because only intelligent people with high IQ can be a Benz mechanic without destroying the car cheesy) Toyota parts are cheaper to buy because it's an Asian product, and the Chinese are able to fabricate those parts easily. Do you think it is easy or cheap for them to fabricate parts for Benz products? No, it's not. Takes a lot of experience, expertise, equipment and funding. Any average Chinese parts manufacturer can make Toyota parts, but check those making Benz parts, it can only be the top giant manufacturers. If those average Chinese parts manufacturer try it, they will most likely make substandard and fake parts that are either defective, fail or don't work at all. So everything boils down to money. Our people here rush Toyota because it's easier (every Tom, Dick and road side mechanic can fix it) and cheaper to fix, not because they don't break down because they break down a lot. They break down, they spend not so much and it's back on the road again. But Benz is actually more reliable, because they don’t break down so easily. But when they do, they will cost you "more money" to fix. More money not just in terms of parts alone, but in terms of getting the mechanic with the expertise to fix it, and Benz mechanics (the capable ones) are not cheap, remember these guys are the mechanics that are intelligent and have high IQ, so they know their worth and they charge their worth. So a Benz breaks down, and they do diagnosis, they cost the repair at maybe N120k and the broke owner shouts yay! N120k, I don’t have o, I have N40k, and the Benz mechanic says sorry, it can't be fixed at 40k, we have to replace this or that, do this or that. So the broke owner drives away or tows his car back or abandons it there and then goes around telling people that Benz is not reliable. No the Benz is reliable, but he just can't afford the maintenance. Which still boils down to money. So for me, if you're not a comfortable millionaire, you have no business with Benz unless you're a mechanic yourself with sound experience in repairing it, so you can DIY when it needs repairs and save costs. But Toyota is cheaper to fix and get back on the road again, that why most people tend not to notice the number of times they actually break down. They break down a lot!

It is not really cheaper to fix. If you say it has MORE FAKE PARTS AVAILABLE I'LL AGREE.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Timoleon(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
in life the lizard praises himself because he falls from the tree and survives, little is known about the lion and how many kills he makes to stay alive, the pope isn't the head of your church but when your so called church overseers meet him the difference is clear,
never put the Mercedes-Benz at par with the best japanese car, for no matter how hard the wind howls the mountain can never bow to it
Then you will kneel in pieces undecided

Just in case you don’t get it, I am not reacting to the topic, just reacting to the quote as used in the movie MULAN.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by joyandfaith: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by happydude: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2020
Savage
kernniejay:
When you sell 20 bags of pure water @ N100 per bag and just 5 bottles of CWAY dispenser bottles of water @ N500 per bottle, which one gives you more money?

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by godofuck231: 8:11am On Feb 24, 2020
Timoleon:
Then you will kneel in pieces undecided

Just in case you don’t get it, I am not reacting to the topic, just reacting to the quote as used in the movie MULAN.
lol
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 24, 2020
louiziana:

Bros are u supporting Toyota or Benz? Just tell us.
My friend is a Japanese fanboy. At present he's in severe pains over the revelation here

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by louiziana(m): 8:12am On Feb 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

Okay I am willing to learn again, after searching...
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

That's the MYTH people jump on, that they use to deceive them, the MYTH that Toyota is MORE RELIABLE than Benz. Truth is no Toyota product is "More Reliable" than Benz. Let's not even go far, let's just use our own society as an example. Let's take lagos, do you know how many Toyota cars break down on the road every day? A lot. Go to mechanic workshops all over lagos, it's usually full of broken down toyota cars having one problem or another they are fixing. It's so bad that the average lagos mechanic learnt mechanic work with Toyota (or Honda) and it shows how unreliable they are. So there's no doubt about it that Toyota's are unreliable. The average Toyota engine shorts oil by default, you always have to top up with oil or else you risk having an engine knock. There are so many defects here and there, but do you know why people actually still rush it? It boils down to money. Toyota's break down a lot, but they are "cheaper" to fix, the average mechanics here know how to repair is because it has very little complicated technology, so they don't need to be intelligent to fix it, even a dullard mechanic can still fix a Toyota (for example, if Buhari was a mechanic, pretty sure he will be a Toyota mechanic, he can never be a Benz mechanic because only intelligent people with high IQ can be a Benz mechanic without destroying the car cheesy) Toyota parts are cheaper to buy because it's an Asian product, and the Chinese are able to fabricate those parts easily. Do you think it is easy or cheap for them to fabricate parts for Benz products? No, it's not. Takes a lot of experience, expertise, equipment and funding. Any average Chinese parts manufacturer can make Toyota parts, but check those making Benz parts, it can only be the top giant manufacturers. If those average Chinese parts manufacturer try it, they will most likely make substandard and fake parts that are either defective, fail or don't work at all. So everything boils down to money. Our people here rush Toyota because it's easier (every Tom, Dick and road side mechanic can fix it) and cheaper to fix, not because they don't break down because they break down a lot. They break down, they spend not so much and it's back on the road again. But Benz is actually more reliable, because they don’t break down so easily. But when they do, they will cost you "more money" to fix. More money not just in terms of parts alone, but in terms of getting the mechanic with the expertise to fix it, and Benz mechanics (the capable ones) are not cheap, remember these guys are the mechanics that are intelligent and have high IQ, so they know their worth and they charge their worth. So a Benz breaks down, and they do diagnosis, they cost the repair at maybe N120k and the broke owner shouts yay! N120k, I don’t have o, I have N40k, and the Benz mechanic says sorry, it can't be fixed at 40k, we have to replace this or that, do this or that. So the broke owner drives away or tows his car back or abandons it there and then goes around telling people that Benz is not reliable. No the Benz is reliable, but he just can't afford the maintenance. Which still boils down to money. So for me, if you're not a comfortable millionaire, you have no business with Benz unless you're a mechanic yourself with sound experience in repairing it, so you can DIY when it needs repairs and save costs. But Toyota is cheaper to fix and get back on the road again, that why most people tend not to notice the number of times they actually break down. They break down a lot!
Very mature facts you typed up there, you just said the plain and bitter truth. This was what I was hoping to read in the first and 2nd page of this thread not pigs fighting in the mud grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by godofuck231: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Butoneday2:
I'm not a Toyota fan, just wonder why you're speaking in proverbs. That's all no offence.
OK Sorr but me de vex, you go bring brother shaggy come fight John sena, e no bam na
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2020
Heavenlybang shortgun...

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by louiziana(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

My friend is a Japanese fanboy. At present he's in severe pains over the revelation here

Please don't insult him in any way sha, let's just have fun and learn while arguing.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 24, 2020
louiziana:

Please don't insult him in any way sha, let's just have fun and learn while arguing.
Unfortunately he's a great friend. No need for insults. Benz ownership is a philosophy.....a way of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by JUHABACH: 8:19am On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:

You make me laugh.
Take Benz 190 for example.
The car was made around 1985 and you still see it today. No car was ever made by Toyota that is as reliable and durable as that car in my opinion.
laughs in hilux.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by miketayo(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
The problem is that people tend to think Mercedes Benz makes only cars like Toyota.... They forget that Marco Polo luxurious buses, trucks which are die hard vehicles and second to none in reliability are also signature makes of Mercedes Benz.

Even Lexus was a pure plagiarism of the Mercedes Benz.

Yes some brands of Mercedes Benz has issues....but true the Toyota Camry muscle is plagued with a factory error of oil consumption that is incurable!! The Camry muscle melting dashboards, the Camry muscle independent acceleration without the input of the driver....

I can go on and on... The Toyota Corolla is no match for the Mercedes Benz W202 C klasse... In any form..the W202 C klasse wins ...
A. Fuel economy tie.
B. Thieves follow the Toyota Corolla
C. Parts replacement is waayyy cheaper on the Mercedes W202...

No, Toyota is not better than Mercedes, and anyone who claims that is delusional.

Finally the Mercedes Benz Maybach is something no Toyota/Lexus can ever compete with in triple lifetimes!!

Mercedes= iPhone
Toyota=Tecno/Infinix

End of discussion.

U are arguing with yourself grin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2020
miketayo:

U are arguing with yourself grin
Because you don't know me. Benz all the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Have you seen people that drive Honda??
Common stop this already.
Yeah, I have seen them, and they are "BROKE PEOPLE". If cost of maintenance is a serious criteria for you before buying a car, then you are in the BROKE PEOPLE category. Even if you have millions in your account, forget it, you're still broke, because being broke is not just lack of money, it's also a way of thinking. When rich people buy cars, they buy the cars they love to buy, cost of maintenance is not and never a factor in their consideration at all. That's why it's rich people that buy Ferraris, Bugattis, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Roll Royces, Land Rovers, Mercedes Benz etc. They don't care about mpg, they don’t care about parts availability, they don’t care if there's no dealership or workshop for it in town, they don’t care if they have to ship it to another country for servicing, they don’t care about nothing. They love the car for the luxury and performance it provides and they buy it. That's what they care about. But CHECK OUT people buying Toyotas and Hondas. They care about mpg, you always see them vibrating like hot oil that was splashed with water, vibrating over whether it is V4 or V6, whether the 4 plugs can drive 1000km with 1 liter of fuel, whether Kabiru his neighborhood mechanic can fix it, whether Uche Obi in Ladipo has the parts, whether the parts are everywhere in lagos and along the forests of interstate roads, they worry about resale value, whether they can buy the car for N2m, use it for 10 years and still re-sell it with a banged up body, 650k miles covered, vandalized interior, gearbox on ICU and an engine on life support at N1.5m. They worry about everything. I'm not being rude, and apologies to anyone that feels offended. But the truth is, it's "BROKE PEOPLE" that drive (own) Toyotas and Hondas etc!

7 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by CloudResident(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2020
kernniejay:
When you sell 20 bags of pure water @ N100 per bag and just 5 bottles of CWAY dispenser bottles of water @ N500 per bottle, which one gives you more money?

Your head dey there.you be teacher?
You just simplified it to a layman!

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Have you seen people that drive Honda??
Common stop this already.
Adanny01 this is a serious shade!!
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by miketayo(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Because you don't know me. Benz all the way

Of course it's Benz there was no need for long explanations

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Benwallt(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2020
U are jealous of Toyota.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Zane2point4(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2020
Foolishbuhari:

2 year old Benz what and a 5 year old Toyota what? Many of you just hinge your Toyota love on the corolla and camry! The brand goes beyond those two sugar boxes!

Listen if I were in the market for a car, there are a lot of things I'll consider before settling for one but most of you will probably not understand! Fuel economy and cheap parts(which is actually debatable) is not the only thing to look out for when getting a car.

A friend who owns a 1996 W202 has literally tortured the living light from that car but that car still runs Enugu to Abuja in 5 hours with one touch kick that's after about 4 years of use now. The motor no dey die e no dey disturb! You can't compare it's suspension to even a 2009 camry or corolla and you know the funny thing, it's fuel economy is like a corolla's. Heck a 2013 C300 V6 conserves fuel like or even better than a V4 2010 Camry and these are not wild claims. They are things we tested by ourselves!

Guy's there is more to buying a car. Security for one, safety and all! How many of Toyota cars have successfully passed a moose test in flying colors? See me trying to avoid a pothole with speeds of about 80Km/h on my friend's camry xle the other day and the instability of the car hmmm. Long story cut short, I burst a Tyre because the car simply refused to adhere to the angle I was aiming it to drive through. It drifted and I hit the potholes jagged edge squarely; but that's something I do effortlessly with a C300 even a W202!
Hahahhaah,which means you're a bad driver...
Same camry model i drive,i even control wherever angle i wana control at 100km/hr sef,you dont need to lie to proof your points.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by CloudResident(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2020
Comparing Mercedes Benz to Toyota isn't fair at all.
Benz is a world apart from Toyota abeg
Obokun oloye for that matter!

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by emilfischer(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Mercedes-Benz is more durable Toyota is more economical and is good for those that change cars regularly period.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by jokerr(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

Yeah, I have seen them, and they are "BROKE PEOPLE". If cost of maintenance is a serious criteria for you before buying a car, then you are in the BROKE PEOPLE category. Even if you have millions in your account, forget it, you're still broke, because being broke is not just lack of money, it's also a way of thinking. When rich people buy cars, they buy the cars they love to buy, cost of maintenance is not and never a factor in their consideration at all. That's why it's rich people that buy Ferraris, Bugattis, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Roll Royces, Land Rovers, Mercedes Benz etc. They don't care about mpg, they don’t care about parts availability, they don’t care if there's no dealership or workshop for it in town, they don’t care if they have to ship it to another country for servicing, they don’t care about nothing. They love the car for the luxury and performance it provides and they buy it. That's what they care about. But CHECK OUT people buying Toyotas and Hondas. They care about mpg, you always see them vibrating like hot oil that was splashed with water, vibrating over whether it is V4 or V6, whether the 4 plugs can drive 1000km with 1 liter of fuel, whether Kabiru his neighborhood mechanic can fix it, whether Uche Obi in Ladipo has the parts, whether the parts are everywhere in lagos and along the forests of interstate roads, they worry about resale value, whether they can buy the car for N2m, use it for 10 years and still re-sell it with a banged up body, 650k miles covered, vandalized interior, gearbox on ICU and an engine on life support at N1.5m. They worry about everything. I'm not being rude, and apologies to anyone that feels offended. But the truth is, it's "BROKE PEOPLE" that drive (own) Toyotas and Hondas etc!
valid points
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by dayveed1(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Heavenlybang shortgun...
why are you calling my guy? He is not a Mercedes fan.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by shortgun(m): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Heavenlybang shortgun...
lol...Thank you for that for that topic.
I didn't want to say anything there but wanted to know other people's opinion.
Once again benz won grin grin grin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 8:29am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Adanny01 this is a serious shade!!
Wait oo.
No shade intended o.
Every one knows Honda is a poor man's car na especially EOD and DC, those are the cars everyone starts with then you upgrade after few years.
Most civil servants opt for Honda just to minimize expenses and be at least called car owners. I started with DC too.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by bromen: 8:37am On Feb 24, 2020
ok
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by VicM6: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2020
And you brought this thread up and still give ur self the ans... nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land / Valentine Day Tragedy In Festac (Photos) / Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.