Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? (22753 Views)

What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Re: About My Elder Brother Who Does Not Care About Us / Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by yomislim: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Mandelus:
Boss kindly outline the errors Blind can't you see should I give you ...?
another one.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by odogwunaija(m): 4:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Always use condom
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Codes151(m): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2020
hustle o
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 25, 2020
yomislim:
another one.
h
E-riot
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by tekojac(m): 7:55am On Feb 25, 2020
DIAMONDBACK FC 10 Banks vs Pericic live stream .Diamondback FC 10 takes place Saturday, February 29, 2020 with 5 fights at Adelaide Oval in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. View fight card, video, results, predictions.Pericic vs Banks is an upcoming fight for Diamondback FC 10.With local warrior Dan Currie stepping in on one weeks notice to Banks vs Pericic live stream battle Reza Almasi in our DFCX Main Event & two undefeated young stars, Luke Vidler & Mal McDowell squaring off for our Featherweight belt, we thought it fitting for a Night of Champions to elevate our feature Flyweight match between two top-ranked undefeated SA boys, Sam Warren v Zac Gregson, to a 5-round DFC Championship bout!
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by DexterousOne(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2020
MadelnNigeria:
If you are a woman, try everything within your grasp to get educated.

Try your possible best to resist free meat pie and ice cream, the urge of having numerous men/sexual partners. because it's at this age you are supposed to use your feminine beauty to attract your spouse not (boyfriend).

If you wait till 26, 28 you might end up bitter and regretting because you will have to wait for more years before "a not so wise man" settles for you. Men fancy younger women.

Whatever you do, avoid bleaching cream or toning cream(in whatever name they come in).

You are reading all those red pill forums right?
I laugh

But apart from the bolded.
Your advice is very good
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by DexterousOne(m): 8:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Spectrum22:
In every thing you do, put God first.

Rich people become richer by spending like the poor while the poor gets poorer by spending like the rich.

Money is not the problem of man, the problem is how you can use it wisely.

When you find the one you want to marry, remember, don't for the sake of love tell your partner everything about your family because when things go south you will be at her mercy. At that time there is absolutely nothing you can do to un-say the things you've said.

In tough situations, man up, stand for your dignity, don't run from pain or else you will live a life of regret.

You can't please everyone, so don't even try.

Love your wife and children but don't spoil them. Correct when necessary, be harsh if the situation call for it. That's why you are the head.

When you fall, take responsibility. When you succeed, share the love.

Bros, I've been in the game for so long. I know what I'm talking about.

I can see that
No need to say it
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Beatswim: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2020
Hypnotise:
Learn a skill
specify xify for him
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by GODWINGODSON(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Put your eyes for your road, find your purpose, leave woman matter dem no dey finish for this world. No waste time because time dey expire. Be on your purpose everyday and you'll go far.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Don't wait anymore, Do something when you are young when you have nothing to loose. Do as many business as you can do when you have no family or anything to loose. Put your hands in many investments . If you do this, no doubt before 35 you would have succeeded in some.

And please I beg you in the name of God Don't forget to have all the fun you can have. Have crazy adventures. Build ur bank of good memories. When you are old, those are the things u will remember and laugh hard at yourself and of course you will have so many stories to tell your children and young people.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Beliti: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
72Morale:
Stay away from girlfriends.

Please why do I say so?
Cos a man should friend nd date for sometimes before getting married.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by themaestro08(m): 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Pearly255:
Be humble,always think before you act. Do not be a follower. Avoid being part of the crowd. Without being a loner, you can separate yourself from the group of people who are not involved in positive things and still have a social life. Avoid following popular trends that could lead to a high-risk lifestyle, such as becoming so obsessed with materialism that you will do illegal activities to obtain certain things. Three simple and basic set of values, life, education, freedom. If you place a high value on each of these and consider them in your decisions, it will affect the choices you make. if you value your life you will think twice about drinking and driving. If you value your education you won’t threaten a teacher, which will get you expelled. If you value your freedom, you will avoid criminal behavior that could lead to incarceration. Maintain emotion stability. Managing emotions is absolutely vital for navigating through these critical times that we are currently living in. Emotions run high in dealing with personal matters, family matters, work relationships, even in sporting events there has been incidents that go bad due to a loss of emotional control. If you are in control of your emotions most incident will not escalate. “life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we react to it” — Charles Schwindle
[/s]Don’t ever hurt a woman! [s]

How about the women that hurt him?
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
LordFriar:
Some of us just turned 20. Is there anything you wish you knew when you were 20 that you know now and would like to share?

Kindly share your mistakes made, lessons learnt and practical approaches you've employed to fare nicely in adulthood.

I wish I could go turn back the hands of time and to back to this age to correct some things!!!
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hypnotise:
Learn a skill

Best advice ever, Dive Into IT sector, If you have the financial means, Get a laptop, Acquire as much skills you can Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Website Design, Programming, Coding, Cisco, CCNP, CCNA, Cyber Security, If you are Intelligent and able to acquire some of this skills most especially Cyber security, Cisco, CCNP, CCNA You wouldn't even be needing a Degree. I bet you JOB will the one searching for you not you searching for Job. You might even decide not to work for anyone. Before 25years If you know what you are doing and not a Womanizer and know how to manage Finances, You will already be a Millionaire!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mood11:
*I believe you are a guy, If you find a woman who wants to be with you, keep her.

*There is no Perfect timing for anything you want to do or achieve.

*Be contented with what you have

Many more years to you kiss

What kind of nonsense advice Is this, Women of all thing lol. And see simps even clicking like on this yeye post..

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
72Morale:
Stay away from girlfriends.

Finally someone that has sense has spoken, More grease and Mobil F1 oil to your Cortex Cerebral...

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
MadelnNigeria:
There is no definite path to greatness in life but try your best to gain admission into University but concentrate more on learning a skill than what you are being taught in school(when you grow up you will understand my submission better)

Make sure you have a child before 25
If you can't do baby-mama, please marry before 25. I know you think you are still very young but trust me, by the time you are 30 years old you won't regret it.

As at 20years old, my friends were getting thier girlfriends pregnant, I thought I was wiser and more sensible than they were by not getting a girl pregnant.
Now I know I was foolish.

Really.....I guessed the reason why some people have children early Is because they had a motive. I mean after having like 3 to 4 children and still not successful In life. They will then use their manhood or even part of their children to exchange for financial successful. Yoruba and Igbo Indulge In this act very well.....All the same, This Is one of the most unreasonable advice I've even seen.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by Westernlove: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So it's hopeless for those in their 30s and 40s ba

Don't you know Nigerians are hypocrite. The people who made It at that age range 20s to 30s and are still doing fine are not up to 20% In this nation. Besides most of them are from wealthy or rich backgrounds.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by themaestro08(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
okayode1:
My Advice for him is to invest in his future... With Snowfox, his entire world is renewed. All he needs is a Good WAEC result
how? Please explain.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by themaestro08(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
A lot of good advice's have been giving. Here are mine.

1. Strive for excellence in your studies. Be focused, Do your homework ,study hard and pay attention in class.

2. Stay out of trouble and anything that may ruin you; alcohol and cigarettes are not good for you. Stay away from bad people and prostitutes. Abide the law and always act responsibly.

3.make good friends; A few good friends will do you lot of good, they will be there for you when you need them. also get a girlfriend - to satisfy your sexual urges but do it safely and be responsible.

4. Do what you love: reading, playing football , playing games whatever you enjoy.

5. Live life to the fullest and don't limit yourself. Be open-minded about life. Anything can happen and anything is possible.

Explore, live, learn, play and enjoy life bro.

Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by kingimmade: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
look diligently in improving these area
ur spiritual life
health
finance
academic
relationships

with good guidance and diligence, success is sure
#m2cent
Re: What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? by SwagPower: 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
I'm arriving late..But read this book "48 LAWS OF POWER" by Robert Greene.
You can easily download the PDF from a simple Google search..Thus book will save you a lot of pain down the road...

@LordFriar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Lady In Makurdi Declared Missing (see Photos) / Dead Man In Mortuary Impregnates Woman / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.