Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) (42532 Views)

NSA Monguno: El-Rufai Talks Too Much, Reveals Security Plans To Bandits / Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA / Why NSA Monguno Didn’t Attend Buhari’s ‘special Meeting’ With Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by otokx(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
isthatso:
The twitter picture prompted me to dig into Nigerian service chiefs and something just occurred to me.

1. The Chief of defense staff in a yoruba man and a christian

2. The Chief of navy staff is from the SS and a christian

3. The Chief of Airstaff is a northerner I am not sure of his religion but he attended a catholic school.

4. of the last 10 Airforce chiefs, 8 have been Christian, and only 2 come from the core north, The other 8 have been from the south or middle belt

5. The chief of Armry staff is a Northern Muslim

so what is all the fuss?

In the history of the navy, there have only been 2 northern Chiefs out of 20

In the history of the Army, there have been 13 christian or southern chiefs of Army staff out of 24...more than half.

Sometimes we need to fact check before we buy into the propaganda

My question is why are we complaining?

Intelligence
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Bimpe29: 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
Buhari has lost the tenacity required of a responsible leader.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by kokomaster3d: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
But how did that chief of naval staff take enter navy with this his height. I am sure he is less than 5.4 ft in height even shorter than oshio and elrufai. And they will say you must be above 5.8ft for you to even apply.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Tomide007: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
stonegarden:
Meeting that everybody is speaking hausa is very suspect
The most senior military man by rank is Yoruba. The next most senior is from south south.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by godofuck231: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
the NSAs role is mainly advisory, it has no military mandate
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by oglalasioux(m): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Abba Kyari showing the NSA who is the real president. Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by oglalasioux(m): 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Tomide007:

The most senior military man by rank is Yoruba. The next most senior is from south south.

Do you even understand the meaning of Chief of General Staff? He is a mere staff officer confined behind a desk for the rest of his career.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by flejnr(f): 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
The empty chair get occupant
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
The government is really working. God bless my president.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Yoighaman(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
I told you, 'fight' that demonic monster at your own peril, the despot dullard never sees anything wrong with whatever he does and any case he's involved in.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Yusman316(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Buhari is a failure whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures while the masses suffer in penury...

Those who support this evil administration are worse than corona virus....
Guy what's ur problem with people that support this govt. Can't people make their choice and live with it? Must everyone do what pleases u? U can never make a comment without mentioning those who support this govt. Is it not a free world any more?
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by EagleSquare1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Isn’t it time we knew the meeting with the president is a scheduled weekly affair. It’s not any extraordinary meeting that requires special reporting or attention.

sarrki:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1231959357203656712

I am shocked some people legit say the NSA should not be at the meeting of the President with the service chiefs.

The NSA is the National Security Adviser. He advises the president on security. He should listen to service chiefs brief the president, including listening to what they are not saying, reading the body language of each and make his opinion on their briefings known to his boss afterwards.

It would be an aberration if that’s not the practice.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
President Buhari takes photo shoot with service chiefs!

We know he doesn’t have an attention span of over 5 minutes.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by ZombieHUNT: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yusman316:

Guy what's ur problem with people that support this govt. Can't people make their choice and live with it? Must everyone do what pleases u? U can never make a comment without mentioning those who support this govt. Is it not a free world any more?
a support for this administration is a support for Boko Haram... Killer herdsmen and bandits. .
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by thundafire: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Abba Kyari is not der meaning figure head will submit report to him
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
sarrki:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/1231959357203656712

I am shocked some people legit say the NSA should not be at the meeting of the President with the service chiefs.

The NSA is the National Security Adviser. He advises the president on security. He should listen to service chiefs brief the president, including listening to what they are not saying, reading the body language of each and make his opinion on their briefings known to his boss afterwards.

It would be an aberration if that’s not the practice.

There is no NSA as yet as the president has not appointed any. Muguno shlufl first book an appointment and ask the President to announce him or he resigns...in fact, nothing like resigning since he has no appointment to resign from
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by hybridblood07(m): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
I don even tire to dey see General Salute.... Na to present arms be the next thing lol lol
daddytime:
Na to dey snap picture, dey give or collect handshake and salute we dey always see.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Yusman316(m): 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
a support for this administration is a support for Boko Haram... Killer herdsmen and bandits. .
How is that? Pls explain
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by mechanics(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hmmmmm, he knows what he's doing, I just hope he won't be sidelined.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by quiteboy(m): 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Was sargent Roger in a democratic dispensation? What is the meaning of NSA? Please look for a better defence.
0m0nnakoda:

Unfounded assumptions
The service chiefs are under the Ministry of Defence
There is no defined role for the NSA and the suggestion that NSA must be there is nonsense

It is important to know when and how that position came into our system following the Orkar coup and how it evolved subsequently

We all remember the role of Sergeant Roger ordering his seniors about.

A NSA can wield similar clout only if the president allows it.
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by petitejolie(f): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Dey want people to know dey had a meeting . this thingz are done undercover . its d result that speaks for itself. People that were just fisting as usual

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Goldiano(m): 2:50am On Feb 25, 2020
klax:
Meeting! Meeting!! Meeting!!! Buhari what is the matter with you? Act like a boss Mr Man to hell with all these bull sh*t meeting upon meetings.

Pls I'm gradually getting concern if Buhari in our Aso Rock is the real Nigeria buhari or just some sort of cospiracy Buhari.

The Buhari I knew back then in Barrack is quiet diffferent from.this one I'm seen on TV everyday because the Buhari of then though don't talk too much but if you dares him bro you are a gonner, he tolerate no nonsense but this one in Aso Rock pls I don't understand, he act like someone who is a stranger to Nigeris terrain and being given script to act or say or do, very strange.
are a soldier who worked under him then
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by opribo(m): 3:10am On Feb 25, 2020
They are all clueless, no strategic thinker in their midst, see them stting down and listening to a clueless leader.

This is a recipe for a long anf arduous journey. Nobody on that table has the balls to ask why are these terrorist recruited into thr security architecture.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Enculer2: 3:59am On Feb 25, 2020
Buhari the terrorist and paedophile
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by frog12: 9:31am On Feb 25, 2020
even this picture look wrong !!!

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by frog12: 9:41am On Feb 25, 2020
the principal dey meet the students. hahahaha

frog12:

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by slickbak(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
NotBeenPaid:

Another waste of time because he'd still not sack the service chiefs after the meeting... Brother election in Nigeria itself is the scam

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by GEEBITE: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Quack research fellow.Babandede is Yoruba man in your imagination.
isthatso:

DSS out of 11, 4 have been southerners I did not include the SS guy who was in acting capacity.

Customs: from the record I have, out of 10, 3 have been southerners, the longest serving heads of Customs from what I can gather are a man named Duke who served 7 years and a man named oyeleye who served 6. There has not been a southern head of customs since 1982.

Immigration
: the current head is a yoruba man, of the last 10 3 are northerners, from 2000 to 2013 it was headed by 3 people with ibo sounding names: Lady U. C. Nwizu (Comptroller-General Immigration Service - CGIS) from 2000 - 2004
Mr. Chukwurah Joseph Udeh (Comptroller-General Immigration Service - CGIS) from 2005 - 2010
Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma (Comptroller-General Immigration Service - CGIS) from 2010 - 2013

Who cares about NDLEA and Prisons? NSA is usually Northerners, we all know that. EDIT: Actually I just checked out of 7, 5 have been Northerners and 2 yoruba...under Jonathan.

Point is the marginalisation hype, when you fact check, is more than the facts on ground. Ofcourse we all know there is a northern bias to everything Nigeria, especially under a Northern presidency thats to be expected.

Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by stonegarden: 8:12am On Mar 08, 2020
Tomide007:

you can add osibanjo to your list. Everybody in their right mind know that the whole thing is lopsided band lacks equity
Re: Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) by Ruby5: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... / Is EFCC Chairman Only For The North? - Yul Edochie, Reno Omokri Ask / 33 Suppliers Of Foodstuffs To Boko Haram Arrested (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.