Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture (94093 Views)

Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet About Wizkid 'Begging' Him / Davido Speaks On Fake Tweet About Ifeanyi Adeleke Not Being His Biological Son / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by OgbanjeProphet: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
My younger brother has three baby-mamas and they are all yorubas. The families of these girls keep reminding us that we have our children with them. They even made sure that the children bore our name. I love that culture but the only time I get angry is when they call them Omo Igbo or omo ogbologbo to get at their father.
That's is their culture. Igbo has a different culture.

Here, Igbo culture states and teaches that unless you pay the bride price on the lady, any child born by the woman belongs to her father's house. My Bini girl told me the same, that unless I pay her bride price I should be ready to forsake any baby she born even in my house.

I know that Davido has done some of the tradition that would allow him to own his child.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by 2special(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
The law court will take is course, Davido also get culture

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by israelmao(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
It's the wife of a lazy man that can be snatched not his child and come to think of it ,Davido is not a lazy man but hardworking and rich.Culture or no culture paternity of the child remains the same.

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Sterope(f): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
His blood at 25% dna. Did he sleep with his daughter?

Juliusmalema:
I don't know how these guys used to think..

Davido as it stands now is not the rightful owner of that child.

How can you claim a child you've not done anything on the mothers' head.

Chioma's father has greate and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.

6 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by itsme01: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
grin
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by bluebay(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Chioma's father has greate and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.
And you think the family can deny Davido right to the boy? Sorry for una.. Tony Locked up his girlfriends parents when they took wrong stepps against him.. Its only a poor guy that such lame.tradition holds.. They will Bring out that boy by force

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Akanoaaa(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Chioma is advance baby mama

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by SciLab: 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mynd44:

The same way female inheritance was decided on.

When culture is tangential to law, the law is first considered. Davido is the father and according to the laws of Nigeria, it ends there.

You asked how Davido is the father. The law does not see the woman as an incubator owned by her father and he sells his ownership to her husband when she marries. The law sees the woman as a full individual capable of owning herself amd her decisions.

In this situation, the baby is Chioma and Davido's. Chioma's father does not even come into the picture.

If Davido is decided by the court to be lacking in ability to raise a child, he is still the father but the baby will live elsewhere as decided by the court. But to say that the baby belongs to the grandfather is jokes.

You are talking nonsense. Customary laws are sacrosanct. Traditional marriage is even more sacrosanct that white wedding.

That marriage has not been properly customarily consumated and remain illegal If Chioma's father drags Davido to court, he will win.

9 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mynd44:

Repeat this in front of a judge and be surprised.

Chioma's father has 100% claim over Davido and Chioma's child. Funny
.. You dey mind dem?. I still can't understand how some people reason.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Kazeem2222(m): 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Davido is actually scared.. I know right hehehehe but he should pay for chioma's bride price ooh..

But i don't think he is wealth will be shaky when other musicians starts making money.. Yung6ix will soon worth more than 30 billion dollars

https://abegabeg.com/yung6ix-reveals-his-net-worth-is-approaching-10-million/
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by duchess854: 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
festacman:
- As an adult, Chioma willingly cohabited with Davido.
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.
- Currently, Chioma still lives with Davido and gives her body freely to him.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.
are you a barrister cos you sounds like one

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by judgementyard(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
festacman:
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.
Sense Will never depart from you and generations to come!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Bigval5: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

How does it concern you?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Iyiataata92: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
festacman:

Oga Judge without jury, I hail oo. Join the Supreme Court Case Review Panel

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Sterope(f): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Silly Igbo tradition like every other silly cultures too.

Tell us about how women are inheritance to be transferred from one man to another.

Juliusmalema:

Please on a more sincere note let us all try and respect tradition.

That child in Igbo tradition rightfully belongs to chioma's father.

How can Davido be claiming a child he hasn't done. Anything on the mothers head. It is fully reserved for chioma's father to either allow the child to go over to David or not.

If he decides tomorrow that this child will be part of his land inheritance and will take his share as his son. He is right.

I am yet to come to terms how this child belongs to david.

The twitter user was right.

Finally, judges that are versed in people's tradition will try such case and on merit of it.

17 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Mynd44: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

You are talking nonsense. Customary laws are sacrosanct. Traditional marriage is even more sacrosanct that white wedding.

That marriage has not been properly customarily consumated and remain illegal If Chioma's father drags Davido to court, he will win.

You do not need to be a husband before you are a father. You think customary laws don't also back the the baby's father (Davido)?

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

My guy,

the Law of the Nation supersedes that of any tribe. All these your yarn na child's play.

As long as the DNA unites the two as Father and Son, No tradition whether Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa makes the son another man's

Most guys on NL behave like Illiterates despite the certificates they hold.

He who tries it will rot in Jail.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

O boy forget about stupid tradition ok. If the child grows he will choose his father . Just imagine my dad is busy dragging me with Dangote ? Do you think that i will hear my dad's voice? Who wo suffer ? Who tradition epp

17 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Mynd44: 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Sterope:
Silly Igbo tradition like every other silly cultures too.

Tell us about how women are inheritance to be transferred from one man to another.

He thinks women are incubators owned by the father and then sold to her husband so any offspring before the "sale" means the father has the right.

These misogynist should go try their luck before a Judge and be shocked

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Muna4real:
Taaa. The child belongs to Davido .if he can't inherit anything in chioma's fathers house, then there is no need for all that crap. Even if chioma marries another man, ifeanyi can't be his son and can't inherit anything from him except he willingly gives it to him.

Your sense tall pass Kilimanjaro.

Thumbs up.

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by chloride6: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

That's what people dont understand...

Even DNA and facial resemblance dont matter...
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by tunapawizzy: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
i used to think what makes one the father of a child in the eyes of the law is a positive DNA test. Forget culture people, as long as DNA confirms he fathered the child and he can prove to be responsible for the child's upkeep, the child is his....all this he didnt pay bride price talk na just talk for bants....payment of bride price of mother is not what validates u as father of child

13 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by judgementyard(m): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

How can Davido be claiming a child he hasn't done. Anything on the mothers head. It is fully reserved for chioma's father to either allow the child to go over to David or not.

If he decides tomorrow that this child will be part of his land inheritance and will take his share as his son. He is right.

Finally, judges that are versed in people's tradition will try such case and on merit of it.
You are right about respecting tradition and culture, but the fact remains that Davido is the biological father of ifeanyi!

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Don't try to fúck her... he's talking about his fiancée and the mother of his child. When will this boy grow up?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Enemyofpeace: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
judgementyard:

You are right about respecting tradition and culture, but the fact remains that Davido is the biological father of ifeanyi!
no mind them

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

who get the sperm make chioma give her self bele nau

4 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Abiriba1stson: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Stop saying that nonsense is Igbo culture because in my hometown (Abiriba, Abia state), any man that impregnated a woman whether out of wedlock or not is the real father and rightful owner of the child.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Bro, we are in the 21st century, let's talk and act like learned people.
No judge in the world will rule against Davido if he wants his child.
The law follows facts and the fact is that if the child has David's DNA, he law will recognize him as the father.

Tradition is secondary when it comes to paternity of a child.

22 Likes 1 Share

Mynd44:

The same way female inheritance was decided on.

When culture is tangential to law, the law is first considered. Davido is the father and according to the laws of Nigeria, it ends there.

You asked how Davido is the father. The law does not see the woman as an incubator owned by her father and he sells his ownership to her husband when she marries. The law sees the woman as a full individual capable of owning herself amd her decisions.

In this situation, the baby is Chioma and Davido's. Chioma's father does not even come into the picture.

If Davido is decided by the court to be lacking in ability to raise a child, he is still the father but the baby will live elsewhere as decided by the court. But to say that the baby belongs to the grandfather is jokes.

Female inheritance is based solely on if the man didn't have any male child but has a female child or children, he might decide to use one of the. Daughter as MAN in WOMAN, and do the necessary rites so that anyday he is gone or join his ancestors that particular female will inherit or takeover from him.

Secondly to use the whiteman's law to overide people's known tradition is not a good Idea. It is a bad precedent. It is more like encouraging others to be adopting this pattern and approaching court to thwart tradition. It is a bad idea and process.

Our own laws is our own home grown solutions in solving our issues not the other way round.

Someone should explain this clearly so that you will understand the situation perfectly.

7 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You people keep deceiving yourself yet you call or and fight irresponsible baby-daddy

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DennisEche(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
prekumohtim:

O boy forget about stupid tradition ok. If the child grows he will choose his father . Just imagine my dad is busy dragging me with Dangote ? Do you think that i will hear my dad's voice? Who wo suffer ? Who tradition epp
So you go deny ur papa for dangote

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

6 Davido’s Friends That Died Between 2017 -2021,he Was Accused Of Killing No.3 / Chinedu Ikedieze's House In Uzuakoli, Abia, His Hometown / Davido And Sophia Momodu At Imade's Hair Care Line Launch. Fans Notice Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.