Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture - Celebrities (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture (94095 Views)

Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet About Wizkid 'Begging' Him / Davido Speaks On Fake Tweet About Ifeanyi Adeleke Not Being His Biological Son / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by festacman(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2020
alizma:

Before you bring in law, you need to first think of the situation and check the jurisdiction. This is a customary case and the question is, does the Igbo culture permit such and the answer is capital YES

No Igbo culture and tradition can strip any man of his DNA-proven paternity of his child in this modern society.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Lekison(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2020
alizma:

Before you bring in law, you need to first think of the situation and check the jurisdiction. This is a customary case and the question is, does the Igbo culture permit such and the answer is capital YES
and does the yoruba culture permit such? NO

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Kennyswag: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2020
i blame davido for this. Reason why i prefer wizzy to that frog voice anyday..
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Cheryphb: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:
- As an adult, Chioma willingly cohabited with Davido.
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.
- Currently, Chioma still lives with Davido and gives her body freely to him.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.
I rise!
Couuuuuuurt!!!!
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Theoflux(m): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I don't know how these guys used to think..

Davido as it stands now is not the rightful owner of that child.

How can you claim a child you've not done anything on the mothers' head.

Chioma's father has greater and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.
Becos na him impregnate him daughter na...The boy is a Yuroba confirmed from Osun state. Dey decieve yourself

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by remi1444: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2020
DavidEsq:

That culture has been struck down long ago by the courts for being barbaric.
Our customary law lecturer said something to this effect, she mentioned a case which I jotted down, but I can't find the jotter anymore. Can you mention case?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by PFRB: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2020
See, this is Igbo culture. Iko adighi eku nwa. That is boy or man lover does not take a child. As it is now, if I marry her and perform the necessary rites, I take the child and he becomes mine. There is nothing Davido can do about it. If I marry her and refuse the child, the child belongs to her father with full traditional rights and privilleges. Kpam.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DavidEsq(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2020
remi1444:
Our customary law lecturer said something to this effect, she mentioned a case which I jotted down, but I can't find the jotter anymore. Can you mention case?
So it's a jotter u have, rather than a note. Shey it is not free u are going to school sha.
Anyway, look Aoko v. Fagbemi.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
PFRB:
See, this is Igbo culture. Iko adighi eku nwa. That is boy or man lover does not take a child. As it is now, if I marry her and perform the necessary rites, I take the child and he becomes mine. There is nothing Davido can do about it. If I marry her and refuse the child, the child belongs to her father with full traditional rights and privilleges. Kpam.
Oya just listen to yourself! So the child is yours because you did what? Keep practicing rubbish in the name of tradition till you get caught up in a situation that ruins you beyond redemption

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Cherez: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Chioma's father has greater and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.
Funny you
People who lack understanding of Igbo culture talking gibberish.
In Igbo culture,the child belongs to the man who birthed it else the man gives up his fatherhood by abandonment or mutual agreement.
There's no argument whatsoever that transfers paternity from the original father to another safe for abandonment.
N'ala Igbo, nwoke nwe nwa, kponkwem!!
If Davido n Chioma separates today, that son of theirs na Davido's, that's the Igboman culture

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Brightest04(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2020
Old custom that had no meaning either he married Chioma or not the child remains his blood any day any time any where.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Armaggedon: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2020
If you get pregnant and delivers in your mothers house, the child belongs to your father.

If you eventually get married, your father may either keep your child or hand you over to your husband with your child. That is if your husband is ready and kind enough to father the child.

If you get married to a lady while pregnant the child definitely belong to you, not her father not to talk of the person responsible for the pregnancy.

If you get pregnant for another man in your husband's house and your husband is "over kind" to pardon such abomination, the child belongs to him your husband. This is Igbo tradition.

I smh for some people citing cases to over rule tradition. Tradition is law, culture as well as religion. Most of this things have spiritual implications.

Pls if you live in a normless society don't think it is so for others.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Obiagu01: 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:
- As an adult, Chioma willingly cohabited with Davido.
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.
- Currently, Chioma still lives with Davido and gives her body freely to him.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.

oooo!.thank you professor John bull.but still he has to do the traditional rites.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:

If another man marries Chioma, Davido will still share joint custody of the child with Chioma as the biological parents of the child, till the child is old enough.

If Chioma's father takes away the child, Davido will sue him for child abduction, prove his paternity with DNA and take full custody of his child. The laws of Nigeria and the constitution supersede any tradition whenever they clash.

U are a total Joker.

U don't know what customary law/customary court stands for.

Be deceiving urself heavily.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
EMboz:
Even if he doesn’t pay her bride price it doesn’t take away the fact that the child belongs to him!!!

Oga as long as u don't pay the bride price of an igbo woman and impregnate her and she gives birth, the child does not belong to u, it belongs to the father of the woman.

Dont argue this any further.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Keep quite please. It's 2020

Do u know what customary court and customary law is?

Use ur head.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Charly68: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

shut up, go and tell flavour that also
uncultured
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oracle23:

Oga as long as u don't pay the bride price of an igbo woman and impregnate her and she gives birth, the child does not belong to u, it belongs to the father of the woman.

My friend why do I have to argue? There is a similar situation with a relative of mine and the lady in question is from Enugu.. she bore 3 kids and went back home claiming this so called tradition of yours that the kids belong to her father simply because the bride price hasn’t been paid but guess what? The kids are back home to their biological father after a year of being away!! So don’t think this stupid tradition of yours works for everyone.. before you quote me i am from Delta state and we don’t practice such barbaric tradition

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
EMboz:
My friend why do I have to argue? There is a similar situation with a relative of mine and the lady in question is from Enugu.. she bore 3 kids and went back home claiming this so called tradition of yours that the kids belong to her father simply because the bride price hasn’t been paid but guess what? The kids are back home to their biological father after a year of being away!! So don’t think this stupid tradition of yours works for everyone.. before you quote me i am from Delta state and we don’t practice such barbaric tradition

Ur post is false n stupid.

The kids are back home with their father on what grounds/ conditions? Stop being foolish. As long as the man didn't pay her bride price, He would not have those kids. Simple.

U can come from Kotangora if u like, I dont give a bloody damn.

"don’t practice such barbaric tradition"

And we practice this barbaric tradition and it suits us fine. It goes a very long way to prevent cases of women giving birth anyhow out of wedlock as seen in the SS. IGBO are way ahead of u.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

But that's not the culture of the other party. Which of the 2 clashing cultures should be respected?
You also have to respect the tradition of others.

If you guys don't want others to disregard your cultures, then train your daughters not to open legs for non igbos

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Omon605:

Is a bit more complicated than you thought. It all have to be a matter of culture and tradition. Yes Davido is wealthy he will be able to withstand all the push and resist anything throw at him but if they are able to take that child to ibo land and Chioma and her father agree that the said child is not for Davido, I believe that settle everything. because I had witnessed the same till today my friend family are still doing everything within their power to get the son back from and ibo lady and the father. They have exploit all available means but nothing good comes out. My friend dated and impregnated the ibo lady and had a son for him. Unfortunately my friend had and ghastly accident and died at the spot. The lady and the child live with him before this incident happened. This happened about 8yrs ago, till today nobody have see the little boy. I do see the lady, all what she's saying is her people have collected the child from her and my friend family had seen her parents severally to see if there's anything they needed to do to take the child all to no avail. They had involved litigation and mediation with full proof, nothing positive comes out. The son don't even have and ibo name. From what I realise, it is the tradition and culture of the land that will determine

Lmao. This is a different case. Even court of law will allow for this. The father of the child is late. The child is the sole responsibility of the parent who is living, in this case, the mother. She can decide to give the child to whoever she deems fit. In this case, na her own family get am. Davido is very much alive. Chioma's father has no right to his child

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oracle23:

The kids are back home with their father on what grounds/ conditions? Stop being foolish. As long as the man didn't pay her bride price, He would not have those kids. Simple.

And we practice this barbaric tradition and it suits us fine. It goes a very long way to prevent cases of women giving birth anyhow out of wedlock as seen in the SS. IGBO are way ahead of u.
Since other cultures don’t align with your so called beliefs makes my post false and stupid lol.. I don’t have to argue with you and I don’t see how you’re ahead with this ill practice!! You can gift your kids to whosoever you deem fit it; everyone can’t succumb to your tradition

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
alizma:

Does the Yoruba culture permit what the Igbo culture permits? No. So which culture go prevail?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
PFRB:

Stop deceiving yourself. This can only happen in a case where both father and mother na Igbo. Davido is Yoruba and he has his own culture too. You think say na Igbo court Davido go carry the matter give? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Armaggedon:
If you get pregnant and delivers in your mothers house, the child belongs to your father.

If you eventually get married, your father may either keep your child or hand you over to your husband with your child. That is if your husband is ready and kind enough to father the child.

If you get married to a lady while pregnant the child definitely belong to you, not her father not to talk of the person responsible for the pregnancy.

If you get pregnant for another man in your husband's house and your husband is "over kind" to pardon such abomination, the child belongs to him your husband. This is Igbo tradition.

I smh for some people citing cases to over rule tradition. Tradition is law, culture as well as religion. Most of this things have spiritual implications.

Pls if you live in a normless society don't think it is so for others.

In other words, na only Igbo get tradition?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oracle23:

When I win custody case for court, lemme see how the child go still dey with her papa. Una think say na 1914 we dey abi?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oracle23:

Na mumu culture be this o. This culture is actually proof that Igbo girls do the most abortions. And that is not being ahead of anyone, thats pure stupidity. Anyway, make I find one Igbo girl knack, I don't have to be afraid of pregnancy announcement from her. Even when she calls me, I go tell her say I want my pikin, but I don't want to marry her. Easy way to dodge

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by rlauncher(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Since they both lived in the SW, the customary laws of the Yoruba will prevail. However, Federal laws recognize equal rights for both biological parents.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by citadels(f): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

do they know igbo culture. Are you sure they will allow him have the boy if he doesn't get her married by easter
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by remi1444: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
DavidEsq:

So it's a jotter u have, rather than a note. Shey it is not free u are going to school sha.
Anyway, look Aoko v. Fagbemi.

Lol, she made mention of it as an obiter during an occasion with LawClinic.

Aoko's case bothers on section 36(12)- Adultery not a crime in the south.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Theoflux:

Becos na him impregnate him daughter na...The boy is a Yuroba confirmed from Osun state. Dey decieve yourself

Nothing like that. The boy is from Imo state.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
Cherez:

Funny you
People who lack understanding of Igbo culture talking gibberish.
In Igbo culture,the child belongs to the man who birthed it else the man gives up his fatherhood by abandonment or mutual agreement.
There's no argument whatsoever that transfers paternity from the original father to another safe for abandonment.
N'ala Igbo, nwoke nwe nwa, kponkwem!!
If Davido n Chioma separates today, that son of theirs na Davido's, that's the Igboman culture

Go and sit your father down and ask him to explain certain issues to you coz u just writing nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

6 Davido’s Friends That Died Between 2017 -2021,he Was Accused Of Killing No.3 / Chinedu Ikedieze's House In Uzuakoli, Abia, His Hometown / Davido And Sophia Momodu At Imade's Hair Care Line Launch. Fans Notice Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.