Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight (67368 Views)

Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment / Woman Caught After Hiding Stolen Item In Between Her Legs In A Shop. Photo / 50-Year-Old Man Arrested After Hiding Day-old Baby Inside Zipped Handbag (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by ijustdey: 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
By Onozure Dania
A 16-year-old boy, Adekunle Ayomikun, who allegedly hid in the toilet of a bank overnight and stole N340,000 was yesterday, remanded at Special Correctional Centre for boys in Oregun, by a Lagos magistrate’s court sitting in Igbosere.

The defendant, who is facing a count charge of stealing preferred against him by the Police, was docked before Magistrate K. O. Doja-Ojo.

However, the teenager pleaded guilty to the charge against him.

When Magistrate Doja-Ojo asked him, how he got into the bank, Ayomikun told her that he entered the bank around 4 pm during banking hours and locked himself in the toilet.

He said: “After closing hours at night I went to the bulk room of the bank where I saw money, and I took N340,000 and kept it in my pocket.

“I had a lighter with me, so when I was trying to come out of the bank, the lighter attracted the security guards at the bank who saw me, then I ran back into the toilet and locked myself up, again.”

Ayomikun also added that when he eventually came out of the toilet, the security guards searched him and they recovered N340,000, from him.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Inspector Peace Chukwudi, had told the court that the teenager committed the offence on February 19, 2020.
She said the incident occurred at about 8:30 pm, at FCMB branch, Ajah.

Chukwudi said the defendant who stole N340,000, property of FCMB, was represented by one Mary Ikwuako.

According to her, the offence is punishable under Section 28 of the criminal law of Lagos State 2015.

Consequently, Magistrate Doja-Ojo remanded him at the Special Correctional Centre for boys in Oregun. The case was adjourned till April 15.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/teenager-steals-n340000-after-hiding-in-banks-toilet-overnight/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by LosC: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Poverty in the land

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by tillaman(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
HAaaaaa!!
That boy’s balls must be made out of titanium, he locked himself in the washroom, he needs rehabilitation if he keeps growing with that orientation He will surely become a serial thief!!

I wonder what kinda home he lives in

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Makavelli25: 11:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Omo see our future prof,that boy don watch money heist tire. Btw the boy really tried
Modified
i wish to meet that boy
But wait o,banks dont check their toilet when they close,omo make me too go hide o

---------------------
Omo,this ma comment sell o

247 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
The guy try ooo.. Imagine hiding for 4hrs .. But anyway that is the reward for stealing... The smaller the money the higher the sentencing.. Its Naija Way

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by bigass123(m): 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
The management of Fcmb should take over the responsibility of that boy.. If well groomed, he's a brain that will be very useful in the future. If you send him to prison. What will you gain? You have just sent a good brain to be trained by criminals to torment the society in the future. Trust me, he'll come out a terror. This is where this country always gets it wrong.

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by otokx(m): 11:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
Is this a society that worships wealth? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by JasonScoolari: 12:04am On Feb 25, 2020
I see some comments above begging the bank to take responsibility of the potential Lawrence Anini....

So, we should applaud a teenage thief and give him necessary support for robbing a bank? Or we should raise a GoFundMe account for him to achieve his full potential as a notorious bank robber?

By the way, is this the ROD we were told to beat our children with in the Bible?

189 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Adexvivacity(m): 12:18am On Feb 25, 2020
bigass123:
The management of Fcmb should take over the responsibility of that boy.. If well groomed, he's a brain that will be very useful in the future. If you send him to prison. What will you gain? You have just sent a good brain to be trained by criminals to torment the society in the future. Trust me, he'll come out a terror. This is where this country always gets it wrong.

Do you think the boy masterminded the act on his own? He is already trained by criminals.
His background needs to be checked, he must have been with some gang stealing for some times now.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:52am On Feb 25, 2020
hiding in bank toilet is the oldest trick in the land and well known to criminals/banks.... how can somebody in 2020 still rob a bank this way is not only very unprofessional for the bank and/or very funny....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Freestainworld(m): 2:01am On Feb 25, 2020
The boy just opened the eye of the banking security flaws, he should be freed like the repentant boko harams.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by generationz(f): 4:18am On Feb 25, 2020
This story is quite hard to believe because of the many security flaws involved.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by marshalcarter: 5:09am On Feb 25, 2020
angry generally Fcmb is a useless bank

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by ebujany(m): 5:11am On Feb 25, 2020
Funny story

4 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Mynd44: 5:20am On Feb 25, 2020
bigass123:

So what is the reward for bad behaviour here?

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2020
Nawa ooo! shocked shocked

What kind of bank doesn't put all monies in the vault before leaving? shocked shocked

The branch head and some staff's head will roll for this.

It is usually impossible to steal money from banks like this.

How can you leave cash on the desk?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Simplebeauty: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2020
shocked shocked

Na so arm robbery/ yahoo+ dey start!!

6 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Simplebeauty: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin

Hopefully he corrections in the correctional facility
Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Reality11: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2020
So despite the countless number of time this has been happening banks cant learn from it and implement a simple check before leaving for the day?

How do these people plan to escape or leave the bank. Some staffs like cleaners and securities that stay inside the banking hall resume early. Cleaners would see you while cleaning grin

Besides it is by 8:00am customers are let in so before then would they pretend to be staff?

Because escaping during the night wouldn't be an option either, would they break the door?

So banks leave the doors in the banking hall and rooms opened? And also money left like used dishes in sink that someone would just go into the bulk room and take?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Nanagom: 5:25am On Feb 25, 2020
grin Oshey
Upcoming
Twale omo scofield
Upcoming Anini grin
Won’t they recruit him into DSS ba yi cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 25, 2020
JasonScoolari:
I see some comments above begging the bank to take responsibility of the potential Lawrence Anini....

So, we should applaud a teenage thief and give him necessary support for robbing a bank? Or we should raise a GoFundMe account for him to achieve his full potential as a notorious bank robber?

By the way, is this the ROD we were told to beat our children with in the Bible?

If he goes to prison he will come out worse and hardened, they should find a way to punish him besides prison left with me. Besides we get repentant Boko Haram boys na grin

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Just that little amount for the risk.
Ode teenager

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by ForeThinker: 5:25am On Feb 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by jericco1(m): 5:25am On Feb 25, 2020
grin see mind

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by Nanagom: 5:26am On Feb 25, 2020
JasonScoolari:

grin forgive wetin

If he’s intellectually matured enough to do the Crime, he’s Physically matured enough to do the Time

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by englishmart(m): 5:27am On Feb 25, 2020
James Hadley Chase's effect

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by recievesense: 5:27am On Feb 25, 2020
wow
Re: Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight by opalu: 5:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Shot Dead By White Boyfriend[PICTURE] / Youths Resist SARS Harassment In Abeokuta (Photos) / Protesters Storm Edo Government House With Bodies Of Youths Killed By Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.