Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

How And Why I Became A Farmer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How And Why I Became A Farmer (160 Views)

It’s Surprising I Became A Bandit – Turji / Gaboon Adder Killed By A Farmer In Enugu (Photos) / See The Animal Caught By A Farmer In Badagry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How And Why I Became A Farmer by COTHEBEST(m): 10:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Making impact and becoming famous is what my heart desired even as a child, and not to forget, becoming very wealthy. �. It's a very good desire.

There were hundreds of things I wanted to do as a teenager; from singing (rapping), dancing, hosting my own talk shows and events, poetry, even becoming a motivational speaker, the list is endless.

Becoming a farmer was NEVER on the list even after bagging my first degree.

At the NYSC Orientation Camp, I had an idea to go into farming (Specifically, plantain farming).

When people ask me, 'why did you venture into farming'? My first response is always, "It's a God inspired idea." Truly, it is.

So after my NYSC, I went to my village and acquire plots of land and set up a one thousand plantain suckers farm from the prize money I won for coming up as the winner for the Public Speaking category of SHIFT (A talent hunt competition hosted by RCCG).

My plan was to just set up a farm that will pay my bills while I look for job or engage in other productive activities that will generate money for me.

Few months into setting up my one thousand plantain suckers farm, I had an inner dialogue with myself, not to sound religious, I truly believe that it was God telling me to "go fully into agriculture, expand and solve problems! "

Within six months from that day, I leveraged on social media to raise funds from investors to scale my one thousand plantain suckers farm to a (10,000) ten thousand plantain suckers plantation and got Millionaire Farms Limited fully registered.

Now, it's crystal clear why God gave me the idea to go into agriculture.

And this is it: To solve hunger, food shortage and unemployment problems in my region and beyond.

The journey has never being easy, however, by just answering to the call of becoming a farmer so many great things has happened and still happening to this young boy.

I have spoken on international and big national platforms.

I have being been interviewed and featured by CNN and other big national media platforms.

Got nominated for several awards including the prestigious Future Awards Africa Prize For Agriculture.

I was listed among 30 under 30 Most Influential People in Rivers State.

Currently, I am holding a FREE amazing class on How to Attract Money and already trained 500 people. And the testimonies are just amazing. Join now for free for the next class by clicking on this link � /MoneyMB

/MoneyMB

This is how I became a farmer, and these are few of the reasons why I became a farmer.

By the way, all the things I wanted to become and do as a teenager I had become or achieved.
I have recorded few songs, danced few times on stage and christened Michael Jackson, hosted my own talk shows and hosted one of the biggest poetry event on Nigerian Campus, known as 50 Minutes With Poetry, I organized it alongside my brother eniyebo Blessing.
And sure, I am a self development speaker who is paid big time to speak...

Why are you doing what you are doing currently?

Okorode Christian
The Millionaire Farmer
#MillionaireFarmer

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Marketing Manager / Coronavirus : Reps Want Plenary Suspended For Two Weeks / A Philantopist Ex- Corper Etons Proposed To The Woman Of Her Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.