Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial (64973 Views)

Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

Mention any former governor or federal Minister.

Before some of you will come here to rant like an ant.

I am not against jailing corrupt politicians. I dont know Metu or Orji Kalu.

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians
Yet you people cried foul when they were dealing with dasuki. Maina, Shehu Sanni and co are in the hot seat now but you all want them acquitted so you can launch your egregious propaganda against Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by BanevsJoker(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nig4Greatness:

Mention the same done during GEJ tenure.
You people won't stop hiding under tribal umbrella to further divide this country.
He said Muslim. Is Islam a tribe?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Benwems(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
danielsunky:
Hey bro, this is really not needed. This will further divide us as a people and nation. We should join us in fighting and putting things right regardless of tribe or religion. I am a Christian and a yoruba by the way. Stay blessed bro
He asked a simple question: when would northern Muslims be at prosecuted and convicted. Is that hard to understand?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by jacoik(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
fergie001:
For me honestly, it's a fair deal

He should count himself lucky....(7 years)

Modified:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/25/breaking-court-sentences-olisa-metuh-to-seven-years-in-prison-after-four-year-trial/

The Federal High Court in Abuja has sentenced a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Olisa Metuh, to seven years in prison.

Justice Okon Abang handed down the sentence in his judgement on Tuesday on seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N400 million.

The charges were filed against Metuh and his company, Destra investment, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The trial judge sentenced Metuh after convicting him and found him guilty of all the charges brought against him by the anti-graft agency.

This followed a protracted trial of the former PDP spokesman which lasted about four years and witnessed a series of drama and adjournment over health-related matters.

Giving his judgement, Justice Abang sentenced Metuh to seven years imprisonment in respect to Counts One to Three.

On Count Four, the PDP spokesman was sentenced to five years while he got seven, three and seven years for Counts Five, Six, and Seven respectively.

He, however, held that all the sentences should run concurrently, with effect from February 25, 2020.

Meaning, the sentence shall run concurrently which implies that he would only spend the highest number of years of jail term, which is seven, in prison.

The trial judge also sentenced Dextra Investment to pay a fine of N25 million with respect to Counts Five and Six, while Metuh was also ordered to pay a fine of N375 million.

Justice Abang further ordered that the account of Dextra Investment should be forfeited to the Federal Government and the company be dissolved.

in all these summary, is he to pay a fine of 375 m or refund what he took? Am just asking in a layman language pls no vex
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by baryour97: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:
Can anyone name any top Northern politician who is a MUSLIM who has been convicted and sentenced by Buhari.....

I just wonder why No Northern Muslim of such status is in Jail. 2 former governors tried and jailed are christians

Jolly Nyame was the former governor of taraba. he was sentecnced to 12 years jail time.

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Lastanza: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lawyers please enlighten us o. Does it mean he will not return the money?
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fergie001: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Charly68:
Metuh going to prison after all the court drama..if na unknown stole chicken they would give him 23 yrs in prison ..where is Justice in this country ? Is this charade a Justice ?

Hahahahahahaha....

Honestly, it might have been difficult for Abang especially as himself and Metuh were coursemates at Law School.

My bro....big man....small Justice
Small man...better justice

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Greatzeus(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good,though there are lots of politicians who deserve such or worst fate out there,but it's a start .
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Fatheroflove(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just seven years, these light sentences on all this politicians will not deters them from stealing. Why not give them like forty or fifty years
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by ridbell01(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

in a Saint society they will sentence you life imprisonment for this comment

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Fatheroflove(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just seven years, these light sentences on all this politicians will not deter them from stealing. Why not give them like forty or fifty years
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Commentor: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
jericco1:
Just imagine someone that stole millions angry

He is to refund 375 million alongside.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Navdevgan999(m): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Akanoaaa(m): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigeria is a useless country. Imaging 7 years sentence for the person who stole 400 millions the money that belong to every Nigerians. But one man is there that was sentenced to 25 years in prison because he stole someone 10k to pay his child school fees. Am just tired for this country.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Molutex(m): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghost7:
Finally.
What happened to the petition that was sent to the EFCC concerning the bullion vans that were seen entering Tinubu's house on election eve?
don't mind them

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Muslims are less corrupt compare to Christians. This is a clear fact that you can attest to.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fergie001: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
jacoik:
in all these summary, is he to pay a fine of 375 m or refund what he took? Am just asking in a layman language pls no vex

He will pay a fine of 375m....and the company will be wound up and forfeited to the FG.

The bolded doesn't apply.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by desiredhome: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Js22621:
It's rather complete war against corrupt politicians or nothing! To hell with Bullhari and his unequal Justice more like his unequal scrotal sac housing his cracked eggs. And to those praising Bullhari, I still recommend a monthly thorough mental reassessment just to evaluate and validate the state of ur reasoning as human and not cows. I wonder when the very short arm (No longer long Arm) of law will visit the likes of the Tinubu and co.
These are the same people that have kept this country the way it is today and they will still be making mouth....the like of FFK.
WAILERS CLUB OF NIGERIA, continu

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by fergie001: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Akanoaaa:
Nigeria is a useless country. Imaging 7 years sentence for the person who stole 400 millions the money that belong to every Nigerians. But one man is there that was sentenced to 25 years in prison because he stole someone 10k to pay his child school fees. Am just tired for this country.

I edited up there......
The trial judge also sentenced Dextra Investment to pay a fine of N25 million with respect to Counts Five and Six, while Metuh was also ordered to pay a fine of N375 million.

Justice Abang further ordered that the account of Dextra Investment should be forfeited to the Federal Government and the company be dissolved.

Cc: lastanza fatheroflove

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by suremahn(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
let's call a spade a spade almost all our politician are criminal why being selective about it and beside seven years for a crime of money laundry.......over 400 million!! his family will all shout in gladness its worth it.... our judiciary is a joke

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by StreetFight: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Built2last:

Col Dasuki Sambo is a Christian from your mother's village.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Purplepassion2(m): 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Orji Uzor Kalu alone?

OTHER APC STALWARTS CONVICTED ALREADY �

▪Joshua Dariye (10yrs)
▪Jolly Nyame (14yrs)
▪Mohamed Dakingari (70yrs)
▪Patrick Pillah (1month)

ON TRIAL:
▪Babachir Lawal
▪Obono Oblah
▪Winifred OyoIta etc

Trust not the BROOM, it sweeps either way �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by d4guy: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
How do you think he would be found guilt and not return the money?
davillian:
If stealing 400mill and I get 7yrs I would gladly steal that money...
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by scoundrel(f): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
membranus:

A convict cannot become a Nigerian President.
A convict can’t but an ex-convict, yes. It has happened multiple times. I’ll sit out on giving examples. Let other members do the heavy lifting for once.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Many northerners have been charged for corruption, Olisa did not steal a quarter of what they stole, why are they not being sentenced? This same administration was planning to re-loot tens of billion of Nigeria through bagudu the governor of kebbi State. Olisa is a victim of political witch-hunt and opposition suppression. Time shall tell. They are always out to bite when a Southerner is found wanting and rarely bark when a northerner is found wanting. Country of fools!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by SOFTENGR: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghost7:
Finally.
What happened to the petition that was sent to the EFCC concerning the bullion vans that were seen entering Tinubu's house on election eve?
Until he joins PDP.
Anyway, Tinubu is a saint. He was only visited by bullion van drivers who came on a courtesy call grin grin grin
#sacredcow
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Enculer2: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Otuegbe:
He should go and join. Orji kalu

mulu
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Js22621: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
desiredhome:

These are the same people that have kept this country the way it is today and they will still be making mouth....the like of FFK.
WAILERS CLUB OF NIGERIA, continu

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Enculer2: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
bhella10:
Bros shut up

Bloody terrorist and slave
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by bonnyhope: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Get him right, why not any Northerner who is a Muslim being tried to the extend of being jailed?

Read the post, the chief Judge who delivered the judgement by the name is a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by Agugbadin: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
When will Theodore Orji arrest and prosecution begin, Nigerians are waiting to hear that he has been arrested.
Re: Olisa Metuh Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial by d4guy: 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
Try and read some more bro, you are the fool here.
udeagbalaC:
Many northerners have been charged for corruption, Olisa did not steal a quarter of what they stole, why are they not being sentenced? This same administration was planning to re-loot tens of billion of Nigeria through bagudu the governor of kebbi State. Olisa is a victim of political witch-hunt and opposition suppression. Time shall tell. They are always out to bite when a Southerner is found wanting and rarely bark when a northerner is found wanting. Country of fools!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Chinwetalu Agu / The New Look Of The Edo State Deputy Governor's New Office / Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi, Atiku, Obasanjo Meet In Abeokuta (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.