Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone (2114 Views)

How Can I Turn On The Bluetooth Of Zealot N17 Headset / Watch Youtube Video Without Internet Using Youtube Go App / Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by paranorman(m): 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
I want to be able to browse the internet on any android phone using Bluetooth of the phone like you'd normally do with wifi.

The android device becomes the Bluetooth client and while another device, say a PC, becomes the server. I am sure you get my analogy.
In other words, I want to browse on the android phone via Bluetooth connection to a PC with an internet connection. Please, understand this situation.

Any help, please... Anybody?!
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by sureinfo: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
yes you can do that using Bluetooth tethering, i do use that on my Tecno device to browse on my PC, its just like USB tethering but with Bluetooth
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by tripplephi: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
paranorman:
I want to be able to browse the internet on any android phone using Bluetooth of the phone like you'd normally do with wifi.

The android device becomes the Bluetooth client and while another device, say a PC, becomes the server. I am sure you get my analogy.
In other words, I want to browse on the android phone via Bluetooth connection to a PC with an internet connection. Please, understand this situation.

why not just get a WIFI phone.... bluetooth technology doesnt work that way

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY PC TO BROWSE BY ITSELF... all PCs connect to something external via cable or wirelessly before they can browse...so why do you now want to connect to the PC which is not the main internet carrier... a CLIENT CONNECTION can never give you access to browse.... it is just not possible... YOU NEED A DIRECT CONNECTION BEFORE YOU CAN BROWSE.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by paranorman(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
tripplephi:

why not just get a WIFI phone.... bluetooth technology doesnt work that way

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY PC TO BROWSE BY ITSELF... all PCs connect to something external via cable or wirelessly before they can browse...so why do you now want to connect to the PC which is not the main internet carrier... a CLIENT CONNECTION can never give you access to browse.... it is just not possible... YOU NEED A DIRECT CONNECTION BEFORE YOU CAN BROWSE.

Oga, calm down. who wouldn't be using a wifi enabled phone? I know why I wanted this and I have searched for solutions online and I have seen quite a number of them but I am still looking for the best suited solution.

PC is already connected to the internet. You could browse the internet using Bluetooth tethering where your phone serves as the access point. I want the process reversed.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by femi4: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2020
paranorman:

You can use tether. But your PC can't be a sever
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by paranorman(m): 7:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
femi4:
You can use tether. But your PC can't be a sever

How then?
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by bravesoul247(m): 8:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
Just use Bluetooth tethering.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by femi4: 9:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
paranorman:

How then?
you’ll need Wi-Fi hardware to do this.

Usb to wifi adapter

Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
You can use hotspot tethering.
It's easy and faster.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
bravesoul247:
Just use Bluetooth tethering.

That's what I use on almost all my tecno phones.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by paranorman(m): 11:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
femi4:
you’ll need Wi-Fi hardware to do this.

Usb to wifi adapter

Getting the hardware is not the issue. You still haven't explained how to do a reverse Bluetooth tethering.
Re: How To Browse The Internet Using The Bluetooth Of An Andriod Phone by femi4: 5:39am On Mar 01, 2020
paranorman:

Getting the hardware is not the issue. You still haven't explained how to do a reverse Bluetooth tethering.
you are not using Bluetooth but wifi. Its self explanatory

Provide a name for your network, enter a passphrase, and choose the connection you want to share with devices that connect to that Wi-Fi network

The method below is for W10

Go to Windows Settings >> Network & Internet >> Mobile hotspot.

Select the Internet Connection that you want to share.

Click Edit to set WiFi Network Name (SSID) and Password.

If you are using a Bluetooth Device to remotely enable the Mobile hotspot then turn on the last option(i.e "Set remotely to ON"wink

After you are done with the settings you can turn on the Mobile hotspot and get your internet connection rolling on other WiFi-enabled devices

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Data Usage For May (screenshot) / Nairalanders E Don Choke Me Oo. Please Help Out. / Fileman For N73

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.