Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? (57661 Views)

She Says We're Just Friends But She Gets Jealous Over Me (Photos) / NEVER Should you settle for being Just Friends with Females. / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Now you want advice na you still dey chapter advice give us again..

I taya o, wetin newspaper no go see for Mai Suya hand..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by vickydevoka(m): 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
There's more to this your story. A woman wouldn't block you just because you said you wanted to be friends. You must've done or said something beyond that.

I think u are not a woman. If u are a women u knw dat women have mood sing so much that de end up doing crazy things when de are in a bad mood.
Same thing happened to me. Women of 30 yearss dont don friendship at all. Once I don't hit the nail by the head, de will close ur chapter sharp sharp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Antoeni(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Your Chapter is Closed

3 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by vickydevoka(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Chi59:
Just say you like her but not as much as wanting to settle down with her.
Hence you knew her age, and why didn't you completely block all her attempts at befriending you? She blocked you as a way of dealing with your rejection. Stop whining and giving unnecessary advice.
Yoy guys don't ever know what you want.
He knows wat he wants dats y hf went for his masters. Is anything wrong to be a friend will ur female colleague?
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Smile4mee01:
I have been friends with a lady at work for about 3 years now, we were just friends and things were quite well. I soon realized it appears she wanted us to be more than friends, but I was not ready to be in a committed relationship. I told her I had ambitions I needed to achieve before I got married and it included traveling abroad for my masters. By the way I got a 50% scholarship abroad.

To avoid being blamed for playing on her emotions and wasting her time I pulled away and only contacted her sparingly. We have never been intimate, no romance and the likes. To be sincere, she is a good lady who has been unfortunate with love and marriage. She is very comfortable, beautiful and well-Travelled.

I am single as well and a very goal oriented person, women have never been my priority. She is about 1 yr older than I am. However , I can not let go of my dreams to be with her. Now that I have left Nigeria, She has blocked me from all social media contact and ignored my messages.
While I often desire to be at peace with all men. Maybe it’s best to leave it this way and move on.

Nutshell: Guys Be careful being just friends with a single lady of marriageable age, Her priority is to get married and not just be friends. If that’s not your intention, Bro. Help her, help yourself Cut it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Friends come Friends go, not a big deal to even bring it here, so if she blocked you , move on, you will find more friends where-ever you go. not everything needs to be a topic

5 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Stillthebest: 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
kiss

She wanted to trap you. Meanwhile if you finally fail to achieve your dreams while you are being married to her, she would tell you that she didn't force you into a marriage.

She will still unblock you.

Good move brother.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by uthlaw: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Watin concern us....you are not aware Stanford bridge is falling down by Munich!
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
While I feel it's an overreaction to turn herself into a stranger because of this, it's understandable this is her own way of dealing with rejection.

Let her be.

It's laughable because while rejection is not something pleasant for anyone to experience, a woman reaction to rejection is always funny since they always tell us to remain friends even while being rejected EG: Hello dear, I don't want to lose you as a friend yen yen yen grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
.........and she is helping herself by cutting off completely from you, one of the ways she feels she can quit and be focused is by blocking you on her social medias, so don't complain. Some people can still cope seeing their ex, friends, etc on their social media platforms, others cannot.
my wife and I started by being just friends. She was in her late 20s when I traveled out to further my studies. We still remained friends but this time, closer and intimate. I came back and married her. Maybe the girl had a skeleton in her cupboard because I had a friend who married a girl only to know she had a child which she never disclosed before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Mreazi121(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good advice, I once had such experience, sex was always available, but at some point I had to distance myself sharp sharp before things go too far, she was heartbroken, but me no care.
Never have a committed relationship with any woman of Marriageable age if you're not ready to marry her, she will go any length to hold you down to herself......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by ignis: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Initially i thought you were seeking for advice

But you are the one admonishing us

Hahhahahha
This op is not serious
Different character full this Nairaland sha

Make i continue my second half for Bayern Vs Chelsea match joor

Same here

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Evercurious(f): 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

You showed great potentials in life and recorded good career victories. By your succeses and progressions you brought upon yourself the love of a desperate woman who at some point wanted to savour the glory of your success with you in matrimony.

I have seen people down this rough road before and I make one plea of you - Please do not oblige her.

Do not make the mistake of falling into the bossom of a desperate woman or into the slippery palms of a confused lady. She is both. Run! Run very fast! You can fall if you wish to.

But if you must fall, fall where your bones can be gathered.

So for your mind you don write sense?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by flokii: 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
You too block her from your life and social media.. as simple as abc

I'm getting tired of all the sissy talks. Ya'll need to develop stone heart please.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Greystone: 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
.........and she is helping herself by cutting off completely from you, one of the ways she feels she can quit and be focused is by blocking you on her social medias, so don't complain.

Exactly.

He didn’t want a relationship with her so y is he acting pained that the babe blocked him everywhere?

12 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Katier00:
Thanks for the advice. Experience they say, is the best teacher
Observation is the best teacher..

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Evercurious(f): 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
But what else do you want from her? To continue friendship? She doesn't want that and has decided to go her way, so you do same..

YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE SO STICK TO IT

10 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Enemyofpeace: 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sorry o

1 Like

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by DNSPro: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Davash222:
She blocked you cos she've realized you're not man enough. They carry food give you, you dey dodge.
It takes a second for a woman to transfer her love and affections to a man into hatred. Once you turn down their sexual advances, automatically she hates you! You were thinking marriage while the lady only wanted your dicck, Stop feeling yourself. she even blocked you shows you didn't play your game well. That's laxity on your side. Shame on you!

You are a fool. Dude said he does not want, how does that translate to not being a man enough? Na by force?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by HitSong: 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Smile4mee01:
I have been friends with a lady at work for about 3 years now, we were just friends and things were quite well. I soon realized it appears she wanted us to be more than friends, but I was not ready to be in a committed relationship. I told her I had ambitions I needed to achieve before I got married and it included traveling abroad for my masters. By the way I got a 50% scholarship abroad.

To avoid being blamed for playing on her emotions and wasting her time I pulled away and only contacted her sparingly. We have never been intimate, no romance and the likes. To be sincere, she is a good lady who has been unfortunate with love and marriage. She is very comfortable, beautiful and well-Travelled.

I am single as well and a very goal oriented person, women have never been my priority. She is about 1 yr older than I am. However , I can not let go of my dreams to be with her. Now that I have left Nigeria, She has blocked me from all social media contact and ignored my messages.
While I often desire to be at peace with all men. Maybe it’s best to leave it this way and move on.

Nutshell: Guys Be careful being just friends with a single lady of marriageable age, Her priority is to get married and not just be friends. If that’s not your intention, Bro. Help her, help yourself Cut it. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
She did the right thing.
She's way smarter than you...
The truth is, all these stupîd feeling you think you have for her will diminish soon.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by DNSPro: 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Evercurious:

So for your mind you don write sense?
he is very right.
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by DNSPro: 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
HitSong:

She did the right thing.
She's way smarter than you...
The truth is, all these stupîd feeling you think you have for her will diminish soon.
which feelings. Do you have comprehension problem? Who is catching feeling between op and the lady in question? undecided
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by HitSong: 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Octopusssy:

Don't you ever get tired of typing crap??
Shut up!
Have you typed any reasonable thing b4
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by ajokeade920: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mariangeles:

Most times you type trash!
Life doesn't begin and end with sex!
I concur

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by HitSong: 11:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
DNSPro:
which feelings. Do you have comprehension problem? Who is catching feeling between op and the lady in question? undecided
Ask ya mama
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by qtx(m): 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Smile4mee01:

Bros, your head correct wella, in short your head dey there .wishing u d best of studies
Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by AfroKnight: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
She doesn’t have sense. Why couldn’t she toast you? What’s with the attitude? So her ego won’t let her go for what she wants and convince you to see things her way? Nonsense.

Also, if you’re pretending not to understand why she blocked you then you don’t have sense cos I don’t like this innocent, oblivious picture you’re painting. You’re deceiving yourself. Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by madeinnigeria: 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
What she did was for her own good. You left the country and still want to keep tabs on her. The way you framed the story was as if you didn't have any fellings for her or you guys didn't lead each other on. If you didn't want her you wont have brought the issue here. Face your book and leave her.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by Vicyace: 11:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Smile4mee01:

I am single as well and a very goal oriented person, women have never been my priority. She is about 1 yr older than I am. [b]However , I can not let go of my dreams to be with her. [/b]Now that I have left Nigeria, She has blocked me from all social media contact and ignored my messages.

That line just make you sound confused with all your talk.

Make she put you as priority when you no put her as priority?

11 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by tiwiex(m): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
.........and she is helping herself by cutting off completely from you, one of the ways she feels she can quit and be focused is by blocking you on her social medias, so don't complain. Some people can still cope seeing their ex, friends, etc on their social media platforms, others cannot.

Good riddance. I think our guy did the right thing by not being more than her friend. Her true color don show. She had no emotions towards him all along. It's not easy to cut people off abruptly. Only people with narcissist tendencies do that. I think he dodged a bullet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by tete7000(m): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mariangeles:

Most times you type trash!
Life doesn't begin and end with sex!

He has trsferred what suppose to be inside his skull to between his legs. He now thinks with his penis. They don use sex do am, that is what his life now revolves around.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by iamme1234(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
LilMissFavvy:

That lady is very honest
She knew you aren't up to any task
Why keeping you as a friend
Ere ki laja nbekun see.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? by tiwiex(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Vicyace:

That line just make you sound confused with all your talk.

Make she put you as priority when you no put her as priority?
I think he was sharing a strange behavior. It didn't sound like he was bothered. If he thought she was worth the trouble, they would have done something. I suspect his sixth sense suspected she had some weird behaviors that should be avoided. If they had dated and he was serious, this lady would have done the same oh and that would shatter any man. It's a pattern.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ex Wants Us To Be Having Sex Few Weeks After Her Marriage / Man Bails Out On Bills After His Date Came With Her 3 Kids (pics/video) / 7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.