Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG (27895 Views)

Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Nigerian Traders Attacked By Ghanaians In Kumasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by GamalNasser: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
datola:
Begging

Nigerians are too industrious than resorting to begging because of some shop closure.

Nigerians industrious ? grin grin industrious is different from gra gra oo
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Yankee101: 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
Well, naija locked out the entire Ghaniaian economy
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Enemyofpeace: 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
....since one tall man tooked over as president of Nigeria, things have not bean the same again for Nigeria and Nigerians all over the World.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Mrfeel: 2:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
datola:
Begging

Nigerians are too industrious than resorting to begging because of some shop closure.

At least they are not begging from Ghanaians but Nigerians themselves they are helping each other

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by edoairways: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
topboss:
Bet Ghanian shops are open in every Ecowas country and around the world.
Wen will Ghana end their wicked ways?
It is a norm everywhere. Once a particular group of persons succeed in any business, it attracts envy and jealousy. Similar thing happens here in Nigeria too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by goldman777: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ghana xenophobia loading you better run while you can I Don't know why other African countries envy the industrous ingenuity of Nigerians why can't they do buisness and let Nigerians do buisness why must they envy Nigerians even in their own country undecided Nigeria is a tough country to survive buisness wise that's why nigerians prosper when they migrate which creates envy among their host country citizens

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by ordbrandco: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
KingSatan:
Where is the spirit of Ecowas?

This is indeed one of the worse times being a Nigerian.
did you aka the same when Nigeria, closed borders?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by otunbalong: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ghana again? Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by staga: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
We are too sentimental.

The Chinese, Indians and Turks in Ghana are not doing retail business. They are doing manufacturing which is allowed by the Ghanaian government. In fact, they even prefer foreigners to come to Ghana, take their raw materials and start manufacturing.

Retail business is for Ghanaians only. That is the law. It has nothing to do with ECOWAS and the GIPC law is very explicit about this. Other ECOWAS country nationals are not exempted.

If Nigeria is unhappy about it, then Muhammadu Buhari needs to call Akufo-Addo for a summit, where these things can be negotiated with concessions made on both sides. That is what we saw with the US-China trade war. They eventually came together and talked about it.

I hate it when Nigerians go abroad and contravene the laws in other countries.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by TheSyndrome: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Must they smuggle goods?
PHijo:

Nigeria that closed her borders nko? Is that kindness?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ecowas is a scam bridge between west african countries and Nigeria. It's a bridge that favours them against Nigeria and a long straw to milk our overflowing financial prosperity.

Our government's failure in correcting our bad systems forces many exporters, and foreign companies to establish their warehouses, stores, hubs, plants, branches and affiliates over there because of sound systems and use our borders to bring in their goods in other to milk our internal financial flow through smugglers due to market population. Other reasons for the closure are also valid but we need to work our systems first as naija don scatter beyond redemption. Our corrupt system also breeds the smugglers to benefit from the system too.

Ghana govts and other west african govts should do the needful because if they don't learn through faults, they will be forced to learn by accidents.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by vezycash(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
KingSatan:
Where is the spirit of Ecowas?

This is indeed one of the worse times being a Nigerian.

As much as I'd like to put the blame solely on this government, I can't.

I paid $120 for foreign identity card. Think it was yearly. And then 60 cedi for resident permit - it might have jumped to 120 cedi by now. Yearly too.

And this was during Jonathan's time.

So I am in full support of Buhari's border closure because its making ghana scream ECOWAS.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
BUHARI NEED TO DO ALITTLE BIT MORE THAN CLOSING BORDER.

TRADE ENTERING BY SEA AND AIR SHOULD ALSO BE CLOSED TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES OR CONFISTICATED.

WE KNOW THEY WILL START USING SEA AND AIR, SO LET US CONFISTICATE THEIR GOODS.

GHANA HAS NO RESPECT WAT SO EVA, LOCKING PEOPLE GOODS UP IN THEIR SHOP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ahn ahn what sort of wickedness is this one. Trades exclusively for Ghanaians does that happen in Nigeria too?
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
staga:
We are too sentimental.

The Chinese, Indians and Turks in Ghana are not doing retail business. They are doing manufacturing which is allowed by the Ghanaian government. In fact, they even prefer foreigners to come to Ghana, take their raw materials and start manufacturing.

Retail business is for Ghanaians only. That is the law. It has nothing to do with ECOWAS and the GIPC law is very explicit about this. Other ECOWAS country nationals are not exempted.

If Nigeria is unhappy about it, then Muhammadu Buhari needs to call Akufo-Addo for a summit, where these things can be negotiated with concessions made on both sides. That is what we saw with the US-China trade war. They eventually came together and talked about it.

I hate it when Nigerians go abroad and contravene the laws in other countries.
Okay, I grab now. Eyaa their land their law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Goodman247: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Every body is protecting his.own interest,if it is in Nigeria,they will do worse to Ghana traders and it is even against their laws. Africa is Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by izibili44: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
The truth is that the closure of our boarder is the real reason for the lock up shop.
post=86973627:

And they are complaining and crying about our borders being locked?
We just dey start.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Euegene100001: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nigeria has never been this bad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Goodman247:
Every body is protecting his.own interest,if it is in Nigeria,they will do worse to Ghana traders and it is even against their laws. Africa is Africa

WAT DO U KNOW ABOUT LAW?

DO U KNOW WAT IS GOING ON IN GHANA IS HARASSMENT?

DISRUPTING PEOPLE LAWFUL BUSINESS AND LIVELIHOOD?

GHANA GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE SUED AND MADE TO PAY COMPENSATION

THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN AFRICA IS IGNORANCE.

DO U KNOW THAT GOING BY RATIO, WE HAVE MORE GHANAIANS LIVING AND WORKING IN NIGERIA THAN WE HAVE NIGERIANS IN GHANA?

DO THE MATHS, NIGERIA IN GHANA IS NOT EVEN UP TO 0.5% OF NIGERIA 200MILLION POPULATION.

GHANA HAS ABOUT 30MILLION POPULATION, WHICH IS ROUGHLY THE SIZE OF ONE SINGLE TRIBE IN NIGERIA.

NOW OF THAT 30MILLION, WE HAVE AT LEAST 1 TO 2 MILLION GHANAIANS IN NIGERIA.

THEN U HAVE GHANAIANS LIVING AND TRADING FREELY ACROSS ECOWAS AND THE WORLD, FREE FROM HARASSMENT.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by MissYusraah: 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
ybalogs:
Imagine making our brothers suffer and we say the whites are more tribalistic. Let them just come back and try to salvage their remaining pride.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
ybalogs:
Imagine making our brothers suffer and we say the whites are more tribalistic. Let them just come back and try to salvage their remaining pride.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF ECOWAS IS FREE MOVEMNET OF PERSON, GOODS AND TRADE.

GHANA CANNOT ASK NIGERIA TO OPEN BORDER AND BE DEPORTING NIGERIANS, MAKING LAW TO BLOCK FREE MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE, GOODS AND TRADE.

THEN EXPECT TO FLOOD NIGERIA WITH YOUR GHANAIAN PEOPLE AND PRODUCTS.

IT JUST DONT WORK THAT WAY.

I THINK NIGERIA TRADERS SHOULD RETURN HOME AND NIGERIA BORDERS SHOULD BE BLOCKED ROAD, AIR AND SEA.

ANY UNWANTED GOODS FROM UNWANTED DESTINATION, CONFISCATED.

I AM TIRED OF GHANA BULLSHIT.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Baroba(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
The average Ghanaian ( especially the men)have a deep jealous streak towards Nigerians, talk to there women you see them shaking like leaves thinking you want to snatch them..Trust me if these shops where owned by Lebanese, Indians or Europeans you will see them crawling on there knees to serve them... I ' ve worked with them in UK, I know what am talking about, they will throw your average Nigerian under the bus just to please an Oyibo man or woman..Hating ass ugly midgets..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Baroba:
The average Ghanaian ( especially the men)have a deep jealous streak towards Nigerians, talk to there women you see them shaking like leaves thinking you want to snatch them..Trust me if these shops where owned by Lebanese, Indians or Europeans you will see them crawling on there knees to serve them... I ' ve worked with them in UK, I know what am talking about, they will throw your average Nigerian under the bus just to please an Oyibo man or woman..Hating ass ugly midgets..

I have heard the bolded from someone before.

Are Ghana men really this terrible betrayers and back stabbers?

I heard they also like to poison each other and generally jealous about everything. I mean it is only them in the whole Ecowas making law for retail to be for locals indigence, why are the rest countries not doing it?

From wat I heard, they suffer from pull him down syndrome and unleash it on it each other too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by PHijo(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wolgrace:
Ecowas is a scam bridge between west african countries and Nigeria. It's a bridge that favours them against Nigeria and a long straw to milk our overflowing financial prosperity.

Our government's failure in correcting our bad systems forces many exporters, and foreign companies to establish their warehouses, stores, hubs, plants, branches and affiliates over there because of sound systems and use our borders to bring in their goods in other to milk our internal financial flow through smugglers due to market population. Other reasons for the closure are also valid but we need to work our systems first as naija don scatter beyond redemption. Our corrupt system also breeds the smugglers to benefit from the system too.

Ghana govts and other west african govts should do the needful because if they don't learn through faults, they will be forced to learn by accidents.

It favours Nigeria more than others. If not for your foolish leaders I wonder how well the region would have been
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
PHijo:

It favours Nigeria more than others. If not for your foolish leaders I wonder how well the region would have been
[/s]

NIGERIA IS BETTER OFF FOCUSING ON ITSELF AND BULLSHITING THIS ECOWAS THING.

GHANA HAS PROVED THAT WEST AFRICA IS NOT RIPE FOR FREE MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE, GOODS AND TRADE.

GHANAIANS ARE WAY TOO BACKWARD AND PRIMITIVE.

IF WE CAN REMOVE GHANA TO SOUTH AFRICA, WE WILL HAVE A BETTER ECOWAS, FREE OF TRIBALISM.

LET ME ASK U, Y IS IT THAT AN AVERAGE GHANAIAN MAN CANNOT MAKE A SENTENCE WITHOUT MENTIONING NIGERIA?

DEM TAKE NIGERIA DO JUJU FOR UNA?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Germi9: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
Germi9:

Their country,their rules...
[/s]

SO NO ECOWAS RIGHT?

Y ARE GHANIANS RUNNING UP AND DOWN OVER NIGERIA CLOSED BORDERS?

SAME RULE APPLIES.

POOR ILLITERATE AFRICAN BRAIN, ALWAYS TALK WITHOUT REASONING.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Germi9: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
hammerU:

WAT DO U KNOW ABOUT LAW?

DO U KNOW WAT IS GOING ON IN GHANA IS HARASSMENT?

DISRUPTING PEOPLE LAWFUL BUSINESS AND LIVELIHOOD?

GHANA GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE SUED AND MADE TO PAY COMPENSATION

THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN AFRICA IS IGNORANCE.

DO U KNOW THAT GOING BY RATIO, WE HAVE MORE GHANAIANS LIVING AND WORKING IN NIGERIA THAN WE HAVE NIGERIANS IN GHANA?

DO THE MATHS, NIGERIA IN GHANA IS NOT EVEN UP TO 0.5% OF NIGERIA 200MILLION POPULATION.

GHANA HAS ABOUT 30MILLION POPULATION, WHICH IS ROUGHLY THE SIZE OF ONE SINGLE TRIBE IN NIGERIA.

NOW OF THAT 30MILLION, WE HAVE AT LEAST 1 TO 2 MILLION GHANAIANS IN NIGERIA.

THEN U HAVE GHANAIANS LIVING AND TRADING FREELY ACROSS ECOWAS AND THE WORLD, FREE FROM HARASSMENT.

We go change am for them
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by hammerU: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Germi9:

We go change am for them

NIGERIA IS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING, WE WILL JUST SECURE OUR TERRITORIAL SOVEREIGNTY ON LAND, SEA AND AIR.

LET THEM KEEP THEIR TRADE.

GHANA SHOULD STOP GOING TO ECOWAS AND ECOWAS SHOULD STOP DISTURBING US.

OUR COUNTRY AND OUR RULE.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Fuckgovt: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
inoki247:
we no kuku get Government if is to Tax people dem sabi dat one wella...
the govt of pmb is weak. Only have strength to wicked its citizens.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG by Fuckgovt: 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
datola:
Begging

what do u want them to do. They have banned them from anything retail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please How And Were Can I Buy Goods In Bulk From Wholesalers In Lagos And Aba / Tony Elumelu Yoga Workout (Photo) / Cheapest Mode Of Browsing To Use On Pc As An Online Business Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.