Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,220 members, 7,804,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate (50408 Views)

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest / Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 6:58pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

Arent you an African?

Go and study real history and you will know that the Arabian fundamentalist are the first to invade and attempt to disrupt our continent.

So because i'm african i must blame everyone else for my woes than take responsibility for my shortcomings? Lol. If arabs introduced war to africa there wouldn't be records of swords and spears and other weapons before them. Were ancient egyptians, regardless of their race not african? were they not as brutal as any state? Keep fooling yourself.

When you lot are killing yourself over ethnic differences its arabs or westerners or their religions you want to blame. Its embarrassing. Its everyone else's fault but you. You have no shame.

1 Like

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

....Their truculent nature resulted from the need for slave labor or to wrestle control of trade routes...

You are a liar and a faker.

Because that was the number one reason that the Arabian fundamentalist warmongers gave for invasion in the first instance.

Now you begin to sound as an agent of chaos.

The Arabs started a slavetrade that was centred around North Africa and when they was confronted by other Africans, they lied and said that they was simply trying to secure their silk trade routes.

Listen, we know exactly what happened.

All those Arabian fundamentalist warmongers that began ideological wars on the continent, did so at an alarming rate and are the reason for the way our country is today.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

So because i'm african i must blame everyone else..

I asked you a simple question.

Since you keep refering to they, who are you?

Are you African, yes or no?

No, Africans need to blame the people who are responsible for past and present attrocities.

The current stock of Arabs from Arabia, are guilty of henious attricities in the past and in present times.

And it is counterintuitive for any African to follow these malicious and unAfrican way of life.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:09pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

You are a liar and a faker.

Because that was the number one reason that the Arabian fundamentalist warmongers gave for invasion in the first instance.

The Arabs started a slavetrade that was centred around North Africa and when they was confronted by other Africans, they lied and said that they was simply trying to secure their silk trade routes.

All those Arabian fundamentalist warmongers that began ideological wars on the continent, did so at an alarming rate and are the reason for the way our country is today.

LOL What is your evidence that Bagauda and his people were arab? He could have been Ethiopian for all we know. And he and his people are the progenitors of a large percentage of hausa people today. Again how do you separate them? And there are records of arabs who have settled in kano since the 13th century and even the brits came and met them here peacefully plying their trade.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:11pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

I asked you a simple question.

Since you keep refering to they, who are you?

Are you African, yes or no?

No, Africans need to blame the people who are responsible for past and present attrocities.

So africans need to blame africans? was it not africans who killed and maimed eachother for various reasons? Was it not africans who sold their kin into slavery and kept them as slaves? Is it not africans who keep swindling and pillaging their people today? You want someone to blame? look in the mirror.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

Are you an African?

Furthermore, you seem to be intentionally missing the point.

Amujale:

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:17pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

Are you an African?

Furthermore, you seem to be intentionally missing the point.

Is my claim to being african solely reliant of playing the victim or blaming others for my misfortune?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

Was it not africans who sold their kin into slavery and kept them as slaves?

The notion that Africans sold other Africans into slavery is the biggest lie in all of human history.

All those people that these fake historians intentionally confuse for the African were the Arabian fundamentalist and Arab wannabes.

All the blame of slavery lies at the feet of the Arabian fundamentalist and Eurocentric warmongers.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

Is my claim to being african solely reliant of playing the victim or blaming others for my misfortune?

You can choose to answer the question instead of generating a new one.

Are you African?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:25pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

The notion that Africans sold other Africans into slavery is the biggest lie in all of human history.

All those people that these fake historians intentionally confuse for the African were the Arabian fundamentalist and Arab wannabe such as you.

All the blame of slavery lies at the feet of the Arabian fundamentalist and Eurocentric warmongers.

LOL Every single credible record shows that africans willingly sold their kin into slavery. The kano chronicle was written by who? Slaves were a very prominent part of northern nigerian society and trade. In fact, when the brits came to Kano about half of its population were slaves. Slaves were exported by these states during the trans saharan trade. You lot sold your kin in exchange for mirrors and trinkets. If you are going to deny every established fact and continue to live in denial over your shortcomings, you are not going to get anywhere.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:26pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

You can choose to answer the question instead of generating a new one.

Are you African?

I am a hausa man. Thats all I need to know. Everything else is secondary.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:29pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

...was it not africans who killed and maimed eachother for various reasons?.

No, it was not, it was the Arabian fundamentalist and Eurocentric warmongers that are guilty of doing those violent things.

You simply need to go and study history.

Africans was busy building a better and more productive livelihood for ourselves and the rest of the world.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 7:31pm On May 16, 2020
Amujale:

No, it was not, it was the Arabian fundamentalist and Eurocentric warmongers that are guilty of doing those violent things.

You simply need to go and study history.

Africans was busy building a better and more productive livelihood for ourselves and the rest of the world.

LOL You keep saying to go and study history without listing a single source. Now if africans werent fighting each other, what were they doing with the excavated war gears traced back to thousands of years ago?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

I am a hausa man. Thats all I need to know. Everything else is secondary.

I appreciate that.

My point is that we have to work to make Africa great again.

And it starts from knowing ourselves.

According to history, the Hausa people predate the current stock of Arabs.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:37pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

LOL You keep saying to go and study history without listing a single source.

The Ancient Black Civilisations of Asia by Clyde Winters.

Follow the link bellow for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/5795996/african-origin-civilisation
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2020
Dupamecano:

Now if africans werent fighting each other, what were they doing...

They was busy inventing stuff, laying down the foundation for better and brighter days ahead.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:01am On May 17, 2020
Amujale:

I appreciate that.

My point is that we have to work to make Africa great again.

And it starts from knowing ourselves.

According to history, the Hausa people predate the current stock of Arabs.

According to what study? is there any study that differentiates and traces the stock of every race or ethnicity to their earliest ancestors? The simple answer is NO! Yes, Africa is the cradle of life, but given the migrations that happened throughout time you can't pin point which stock of people predate another.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:02am On May 17, 2020
Amujale:

The Ancient Black Civilidations of Asia by Clyde Winters.

Follow the link bellow for more information.

Your thread speaks of african civilizations. But every civilization mentioned there probably had their fair share of strife whether internally or externally. Humans dont need religion to fight each other.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Dupamecano: 12:03am On May 17, 2020
Amujale:

They was busy inventing stuff, laying down the foundation for better and brighter days ahead.

LOL Thats why when the arabs and europeans met them they were so advanced. LMAO grin
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 2:41am On May 17, 2020
Dupamecano:

According to what study?...

There have been numerous studies, Cheikh Anta Diop, Jose Melgar, Clyde Winters and many reputable historians allude to these same understandings.

Perhaps the reason many of us dont know enough history is due to some foreign extremist religions peddling their false and counterproductive narrative.

Furthermore, these are the reasons we ought to bin all these foreign extremist ideologies and focus our concentration on reality.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 2:44am On May 17, 2020
Dupamecano:
... Humans dont need religion to fight each other.

All the major wars ever fought on continental soil was based on an ideological agenda that all led back to one foreign extremist ideology or the other. i.e Christianity, Islam

Prior to the arrival of these foreign extremist ideologies, there was never such ideological conflict ever.

Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist ideologies and focus our concentration on reality.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Amujale(m): 2:50am On May 17, 2020
Dupamecano:

Your thread speaks of african civilizations...

Precisely, the topic of the link is self explanatory; African origin of civilisation.

Hence, it details major inventions from within our continent and one could as well learn aspects of African history pre-distruption.

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Akanbiedu(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
Why is this topic discussed like it happened in the current Nigeria?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
eagleu:

Your conclusion about Fodio leading citizens of Gobir to riot against their own king beats all reason and imagination.

Imagine an alien coming into sokoto today, and somehow convincing present day citizens to riot against the sultan.

First, you can see all sorts of logistical problems with that, and finally you should ask where was the king when all these were happening.

The truth was he killed the king, and somehow convinced some citizens that he was fighting for a purer form of islam, same way Buhari is locking up his opponent, because he is fighting corruption. Yet some citizens didn't accept Fodio for a long time, and those he simply murdered in the name of islam. Yumfa, the son of the sarkin Gobir was on of his victims.

Having accumulated power and resources, Fodio sent his cousin to Kano to replicate the same technique, and it worked, because he was a well educated strategist who understood how to confuse the masses with religious.

BTW, Alimi used the same technique in Illorin to subdue the greedy general working the northern borders of Oyo empire called Afonja. That's why Illorin has a Fulani emir today instead of an Oba.

You like projecting your own biased assumptions as the Gospel Truths.

Usman Dan Fodio was a religious leaders and an advisor to the king of Gobir. The king even enrolled his son and heir, Yunfa in Dan Fodio's classes.

When Yunfa ascended the throne, he noticed that Dan Fodio was given religious directives to his followers and adjucating on civil matters based on Islamic laws.
Sarkin Yunfa misinterpreted all these as threats to his rule, so he expelled Dan Fodio from his Royal court and issued some royal decrees aimed at reducing the spread of Islam.

Meanwhile, Dan Fodio who by then had fled to Gudu has amassed large followers comprising mostly of poor Hausa masses and some Fulanis (the Fulanis were a minority settler tribe in 1804), teaching them about the Shari'ah Laws.

Attempts by Sarkin Yunfa to dislodge them from Gudu were seen as religious persecution, prompting Dan Fodio to declare Jihard against Sarkin Yunfa and Gobir Kingdom.

In summary, what happened was a clash of interests.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by bobowaja(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
You are the clown here
And it's obvious you don't read, if you did you would have better understanding and discernment. He was the devil and his serpent seed is still plaguing the contraption called Nigeria.
I don't even know where to start lecturing you from, do you know the empires of the Negros before the Fulanis arrived? Every idiot that was unfortunate enough to invite them soon loses his throne and way of life.
Do you know who sold negros during the slave trade?
A lot of you are starved of knowledge.

I guess this is another instance of 'Abacha never stole'?

Where can I get this book?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by bobowaja(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
It is naive to say they were weak, the Fulanis are masters at attaching themselves to their host and then deposing of them in the classic parasite style, if those kings were brutal, every fulani would be killed on arrival. But they are useful fools, who are easily charmed by words like Buharideens.
The advantage dan fodio had and all fulanis have is that their barbarity is often underestimated, it's hard for people to understand what they are capable of, especially since they are always champions of sharia and wahhabi islam.
People assume they are human until the killings starts.

The only time Sokoto was a prosperous city was during the slave trading era, and you can guess the reason. Like I said do some damn research

Where are you getting all these books?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
engrchykae:
the op is a stupid person.
Usman fodio used taqiya to conquer the north.
His great grandson armadu bello continued his legacy of impoverishing the north.

Ahmadu Bello was a great leader of the North.

He built many schools, constructed many hospitals, roads and a university. He also encouraged girl child education.

If the subsequent leaders after him had acted like he did, the North would have been a better place.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by Blue3k(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
oyatz:

Ahmadu Bello was a great leader of the North.

He built many schools, constructed many hospitals, roads and a university. He also encouraged girl child education.

If the subsequent leaders after him had acted like he did, the North would have been a better place.

Lol the idiots don't know any history just buzz words and rhetoric. Blaming all your failures on a event from 200 years ago is stupid. If you ask these guys why Hausas themselves don't hate guys like Dan fodio these mumus can't give reasonable explanations. The busy bodies simply whine on their behalf since they dont have agency in their minds.

bobowaja:

Where are you getting all these books?

The clown doesn't read anything. If you want a history book besides the ones listed try this new one. It available at online and at local bookstore and unlike nairaland threads the authors will cite their sources so you can go read the primary documents themselves if you care to.

Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
itsme01:

if you read my later comments, I agreed to the fact that what he did is terrorism and I clearly compared him with others in his league who invaded other peoples territory for spoils of war, like King Solomon and David in the bible, the greatest of all war criminal and looter , King Julius Cesar the ruthless war criminal who is barely second to Solomon in history, British Monarchy on colonization expedition, and Adolf Hitler

all this people forcefully took control of other peoples territory through bloody war killing and looting, but then the topic is about Dan fodio and the little good about him, just has we talk of the others and the little good about them and their conquers

Which war did King Solomon fight and who were the combatants?
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nowenuse:

Fulanis have heavily intermarried and Intermixed with the Hausas (especially the elite and middle-class)... The Hausa elite and middle-class are the only ones who can save Hausa land, but will they be saving Hausa land from their wives and inlaws (fulanis)?

Abeg forget Hausa people or northern minorities muslims. The only ones you can pity for are the 2-4 million Hausa christians who are indingenes of Kano, Zaria & Katsina. ...These ones need to emigrate to join Plateau, Southern Kaduna & Gongola and we join the south to fight out of this useless country.

Why do you think anybody needs your pity at all?

There are so many problems in your own State, why not pity your people and solve just half of these problems sir?

The problems of Nigeria is very similar to the problems of Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania and other African countries.

They are largely economic problems which stem from the inability of the African peoples to use what are readily available in their environments to build their houses, roads, manufacture their own medicines, vehicles, and produce enough foods to feed their populations. These problems are NOT caused by the Fulanis or any particular tribe and won't be solved by a 'We Vs Them' solidarity or antagonism.
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
AfrokanGod:

The British empire burnt the Benin empire to ashes while also killing and looting its treasures, Go tell a Benin man he accepted Christianity on his own free will. Religion was an afterthought to the colonist, their first mission was to plunder the wealth of the colonised nation and they found out forcing their religion on their subject was one way to achieve their aim. King leopard came to congo under the guise to bringing religion to the savage congolease, he sought and got permission from the catholic church.

Nigerians had it better, south Americans where killed in their millions, the Congolese were also killed in their millions.

Christianity and Islam were spread by force, without force and subjugation how do you convince a man your god is better than is?

Read about the Spanish Inquisition, Read about the King leopards Colonization of congo, read about the Crusade.

The British burnt Bini Empire and invading Bini but this had nothing to do with Christianity at all. The Binis have known about Christianity since the 15th century through trading with the Portuguese.

However the religious groups who came for evangelism in the 19th century weren't exactly the same group as the Colonial officers.

Christian missionaries and evangelism in the South started long before British Colonialism.

Church Missionary Society (CMS), The Methodist Mission, Catholic Mission and several others already had their presence in Lagos, Badagry, Warri, Abeokuta, Calabar and other coastal towns by 1830 and CMS Grammar School, Lagos was established in 1859 when Nigerian Kingdoms were still independent before British Colonialism started.

Humans can change their religions voluntarily without the use of force if the new religions offer them succour. Up till date, there are people who still convert from one religion to another.

Your attempts to find Christian equivalent of the Fulanis Jihard in Southern Nigeria is ludicrous.

The British colonialists didn't establish a Theocratic State similar to the Sokoto Caliphate established by Usman DanFodio and their motives for colonialism was economic/political and not motivated by religion.

If the motivations were religious, then the whole of Nigeria would have been forced to become 'christians'
Re: Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate by oyatz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nowenuse:

Thousands and thousands of ethnic groups and civilizations have been destroyed and supplanted. Hausa is just one of them.
The 2-4 million Hausa Christians who live in rural areas of Katsina, Zaria & Kano at least cannot be destroyed cos they never contacted that evil virus of deception spread through Islam.

They are the only hope of the preservation of whatever existed of a once large and prosperous African race (Hausas).
Dozens of indigenous tribes in Bauchi & Yobe have also been destroyed but I wonder why nobody talks about them.

Many of the indigenous tribes were assimilated into the emerging bigger tribes like Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Austin Tam-George, Jonathan's Lookalike Is A Commissioner In Rivers (photo) / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / Boko Haram Gave 15-min Quranic Lecture To Kuje Inmates Before Setting Them Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.