Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) (61209 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by FirstbornWds: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Blindersoff:
From the video both the Cattle herder and the farmer know each other. The cattle guy was just upset that he took his picture without his permission thus snatched the phone from him.

He said he would beg the farmer and if the farmer rejected his plea then he is ready to pay for damages.

It was nothing serious. Just two people who clearly misunderstood each other.

One had damaged crops from the other's cattle while the other was willing to pay for the damage is asked.

Any other thing in-between was just exchanges said in anger

Bros.. It was more than just a heated exchange. The Herdman clearly knew the farm owner quite all right but then, there's no justification to have orally threatened his life. Even more, he snatched the phone used for recording, which isn't by any means wrong.

Things like this should be handled with solid caution, else more damage will be done.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by madridsta007(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
haywire07:
I still find it hard to understand how someone will confidently walk into another man's farm with his herd and begin to feast on their crops.

Nobody should come here to shout 'it's Buhari'. I don't want any false political energy this morning. angry

After all, this farm invasion didn't just start a decade ago. Infact, as far back as 2004, a very little fulani boy had threatened me with a bread knife while I was returning from school and passing a short cut through a farm .

Then as at 2008, I watched my first exclusive leak tape in which the Fulani tribe overran an entire village (I think in Jos) splitting even babies' heads in twos with their panga

They believe that the land is theirs.
They believe that the regime will protect them.
They have the blessings of the regime to do so.

These are the reasons why someone will confidently walk into another man's farmland with his herd and begin to eat their crops.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by nduchucks: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
Truth be told.

The herdsman was willing to compensate the farmer for any loss incurred.

The farmer escalated the situation by recording the herdsman - an indication that the farmer had motives other than peace.

The farmer should be glad that he wasn't stabbed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
kai...diz fulani aboki jam quiet igbo man...if na me and ma boys walahi i will beat him black blue
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by TaminaliaCatapa: 3:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
sharpwriter:

My dear, it's easy to say. You wanna tell me the man no dey hear news to know the evils and impunity of these herders abi? He's still brave to a measure.

The fact is that, the challenge he made may have made him the topic as the next person violently murdered in the farm by herdsmen.

If you no really get defence (physically and spiritually) it's better not to engage in foolish combat. You have to be ready, then you can challenge and fight adequately ; even if it leads to death eventually, it will be honorable.

Bro, stop backing cowardice

That man is a coward I say...if you watched the video, you’d realize the farmer is an old man or an adult above 40 while the fulani is still a boy...

Now imagine the fulani seizing the phone of an elederly man and cussing his parents on top? Haaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by mozona(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2020
our govt ask us to go back to farming and the same govt is sending cows to destroy
the same farm.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by Dareal90s(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2020
Osidazz19:
This is nothing but a business transaction gone wrong. It's very clear from their conversation that they know each other very well.

The guy agreed he made a mistake and agreed to pay for any damage but was only upset because the guy was filming him for this intended propaganda.
What is d guy doing on someone else's farm, with his cows? So if d farmer installed CCTV there d cow guy will accuse the farm owner of installing CCTV?

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by themonk(m): 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
Osidazz19:
This is nothing but a business transaction gone wrong. It's very clear from their conversation that they know each other very well.

The guy agreed he made a mistake and agreed to pay for any damage but was only upset because the guy was filming him for this intended propaganda.
And what is wrong with filming someone who is messing up your produce and with a history of doing that around the country?

Also tell me more about the business transaction, how much does the farmer get from the herdsman?

2 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by OdefaGirl(f): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
Imagine these terrorists, the guts....this man get luck oo, they would have killed him.
So this is what happens before they kill their victims....on my own land.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by fk002: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2020
Staged video and acting.

Welldone las las you will be okay
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by OdefaGirl(f): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
themonk:

And what is wrong with filming someone who is messing up your produce and with a history of doing that around the country?

Also tell me more about the business transaction, how much does the farmer get from the herdsman?

Don't mind that terrorist. Someone was actually threatening to kill the other, it was ordinary sense the man used that saved him...if not, it would have been another story and this one is here talking about a stupid business.... what a sense!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by DSoj(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
Did U say nicely?
The guy is brave thou... and lucky

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by themonk(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
nduchucks:
Truth be told.

The farmer escalated the situation by recording the herdsman - an indication that the farmer had motives other than peace.

And if the farmer had enough money to install CCTV cameras on his property which is the normal thing he needs to do what will be your response?

A man who approaches people who are known all over the country for destroying farmlands and violence with a camera has done nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong in getting evidence. So you want him to talk without evidence then even you on nairaland will say he is lying abi?

The guy said he can pay for it out of arrogance, when the farmer approached him peacefully he should have at least said he is sorry that he didn't know, instead of walking away like it's his right.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by kayjay69(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
So they can finish what they started abi?

No thanks.
namiji2598:
Nigeria should be handed back to the British
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
Osidazz19:

you sound foolish,if the guy had tested gun or hit the cattle with truck,will the Fulani do the same after the incidence,why God give am brain.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by gaventa: 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
�������� Shebi YORUBAS ARE COWARDS. Common Aboki Na him Disarm our almighty physical IPOB. Moral of the story: no be everything be gra gra , as much as the Herdmen are wrong , there are better ways to address issues.
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
I am deeply distressed by this video.

The way the fulani herdsman was shouting and raining curses and abuses on the farmer and his family was too much. I know if you try that with a yoruba man, he'd fight you for mentioning his mother in your abuse.

Truth is, the farmer is brave for confronting them like that but I'd admonish that he be vigilant in case they come to retaliate. He should even alert his villagers to be on the lookout for any malicious activity.

Whether it be a business transaction gone wrong or not, the farmer should be wary and alert.

BTW, Amotekun and Ogbunigwe should start up their physical army already. The talks are more than enough.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by NotComplaining: 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
Blindersoff:
From the video both the Cattle herder and the farmer know each other. The cattle guy was just upset that he took his picture without his permission thus snatched the phone from him.

He said he would beg the farmer and if the farmer rejected his plea then he is ready to pay for damages.

It was nothing serious. Just two people who clearly misunderstood each other.

One had damaged crops from the other's cattle while the other was willing to pay for the damage is asked.

Any other thing in-between were just exchanges said in anger

It is men like you that must be reminded that Allah is not unjust. The prophet (pbuh) instructed Muslims not to seek the enemy but to fight when fought, for victory is the Hands of Allah. Shaytan incites you to kill people without right believing that Allah will side with you, but Allah will support the oppressed and that has been his way since Adam.

Arrogance has led many kings and empires into slavery and retrogression, believing that they can only win. The pharoahs of egypt were haughty and many historians today attribute the fall of the black race to the fall of the pharoahs. Allah Alone has the right to Pride, not some people who inherited the legacy of marauding britts.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by sharpwriter(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
TaminaliaCatapa:

That man is a coward I say...if you watched the video, you’d realize the farmer is an old man or an adult above 40 while the fulani is still a boy...

Now imagine the fulani seizing the phone of an elederly man and cussing his parents on top? Haaaaaa

Read what I wrote very well..... It's not cowardice. I said you have to be prepared, even long before you accost them on your farm. If you wish to stay alive, fight with sense and with assurance of winning your battles. Fight but not when you're vulnerable.

If the herder pulls a dagger or gun at him, is the farmer ready to kill him too and damning the consequence whether it arises or not?

Have you challenged a fulani herdsman before alone in a far silent farm?

If you see AK 47 or dagger or sword belted to his body, will you still challenge?

Before you blame and conclude or think you have a say about a serious matter, you should have a personal experience and explain to us how you got around it. Then we can learn from you.

1 Like

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by robosky02(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
Notasaints:
What is wrong? Are they not Nigerians.

You confront them let confirmed if they are Nigerian
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by Osidazz19: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
mamaafrik:
you sound foolish,if the guy had tested gun or hit the cattle with truck,will the Fulani do the same after the incidence,why God give am brain.

You sound exactly like one of the retarded brainwashed IPOB monkeys. Go and listen to the full video. The both clearly agreed that they had a long relationship, they even both agreed that they will recognize each other even in the dark. The guy agreed that he made a mistake and that he will pay for any damage as he has done in the past. The only issue is that the guy was filming him for this exact propaganda.
Get your empty skull out of your ass and STFU.
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
TaminaliaCatapa:

Cowardice indeed, try and be realistic, it was only him confronting those barbaric herders that kill at any slightest provocation.
He was lucky he wasn't stabbed.
It's not enough for you to start tribalistic shadding.
uncle "dieee! dieee!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by kennyclassic: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hell No! Cursing someone's mother? All hell would have let loose.
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by Shakaranews2020: 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
Meanwhile, Check out the shocking Transformation of the little blind Liberian boy adopted by Flavour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3R6lI9I2w
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by KosiGee(m): 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
nduchucks:
Truth be told.

It’s hard to believe someone would write and click submit to the above.

I think you must be a heavily biased and an evil person.

If the herdsman knew the farmer then it’s either he was looking for trouble or he wasn’t in control of his livestock in which case he shouldn’t be a herdsman in the first place.

Why wouldn’t a farmer use a recording device to document or record the damage in his own land and farm? The herdsman and his animals were trespassing and this is more like a bandit threatening someone who has a cctv in his house.

You are not a nice person mister.

4 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by TaminaliaCatapa: 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
sharpwriter:

Read what I wrote very well..... It's not cowardice. I said you have to be prepared, even long before you accost them on your farm. If you wish to stay alive, fight with sense and with assurance of winning your battles. Fight but not when you're vulnerable.

If the herder pulls a dagger or gun at him, is the farmer ready to kill him too and damning the consequence whether it arises or not?

Have you challenged a fulani herdsman before alone in a far silent farm?

If you see AK 47 or dagger or sword belted to his body, will you still challenge?

Before you blame and conclude or think you have a say about a serious matter, you should have a personal experience and explain to us how you got around it. Then we can learn from you.

Bro, I served in Benue and I have had a head-on heated argument with the fulani before. He stole my clothes and I caught him red handed....I dragged his slim ass together with his sword to the office of the DPR of the local government... what other checklist do you have for me...or would you conclude I’m lucky?
Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by jacoik(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Supan:

Random pple destroying pple's means of livelihood? If the herdsman denies destroying his crops and he presents the video as evidence, hasn't he won the case?

If it was your mother or granny that has her crops destroyed, will you say such?

You pple should stop being wicked and cunny. We are facing a big problem Nationwide. It's not all about politics.
the guy is very stupid and hopeless idiot. What does he mean by random. May this government and Fulani people destroy his life the way those cows is destroying that farm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by KosiGee(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Osidazz19:

You sound exactly like one of the retarded brainwashed IPOB monkeys. Go and listen to the full video. The both clearly agreed that they had a long relationship, they even both agreed that they will recognize each other even in the dark. The guy agreed that he made a mistake and that he will pay for any damage as he has done in the past. The only issue is that the guy was filming him for this exact propaganda.

The farmer was tired of the habitual destruction of his crops and invasion of his farm. He clearly was tired of being compensated.

Stop supporting evil, trouble and backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Osidazz19:

ode koshi lo,so i can come and slap you now, because i can compensate you when you complain abi,orie ti buru sigbo danu.
Mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) by TaminaliaCatapa: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
goldony:

Cowardice indeed, try and be realistic, it was only him confronting those barbaric herders that kill at any slightest provocation.
He was lucky he wasn't stabbed.
It's not enough for you to start tribalistic shadding.
uncle "dieee! dieee!

You’re a woman, I expect nothing less....

Bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Python Killed After Swallowing Three Chickens in Their Cage (pics) / Ecdysis: The Shedded Snake Skin I Found On My Farm With A Prominent Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.