Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (30475 Views)

CBN Stops Banks From Utilising Naira Devaluation Gains / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Let's give to Buhari and his 40 technocrats....

Last time I was in Lagos Airport, the number of departures where like how Main Market Onitsha closes after the normal time of opening.....

Arrivals route was more of a burial ground....

Abeg who wan arrive Nigeria bikonu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Badonasty(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
lol....una come say make boys stop Yahoo....Dem just start

3 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by lilyheaven: 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
Then 1$ -- 500naira
Standard

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
i have started converting my naira to dollar

3 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by gurunlocker: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
Good news for freelancers if it's true grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kingpele:
I reject it in Jesus name

It's not by rejection bro. The country is in a big shit. The citizens chose so.

Securing job is not by claiming it neither is living above poverty by rejection. God created man and gave him sense it's up to him to use it or leave.

7 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by cjudy(m): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
grin

Not that I'm happy ooo, but I think I will want it to be $1 = 750, $1000 = 750k, abeg where my laptop make I find HK to learn work oooo. I must collect

3 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Coldie(m): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
That means Euro is about to become 500 again

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by nasstil: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
Bloggers and youtubers will be smiling
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Stone123(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
Stop this nonsense, this useless predictions causes withholding of foreign currencies in circulation which invariably weakens the Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=87004083][/quote]Man! You have the liberty to lie to yourself while the realities of things in the zoo haunts you subconsciously.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by idonhammer: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
This is good...ala Imo state am coming home again this December.That means if I share $10 $10 each for all my village people everybody go dey ok.UDODI

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by SoNature(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
Yankiss:
Nigeria doesn't need further currency downturn. It will destroy a lot more. Buhari and his economic-illiterates should leave Nigeria alone. Our country deserves progress.

The #360/$ exchange rate is not sustainable
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by nuele(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
oz4real83:
We don't need a soothsayer to tell us this. Increased Vat, increased minimum wage, high cost of production, poor electricity supply are some factors that breed inflation which in turn manifests in low currency value.

Are you saying "increased minimum wage" is causing us inflation? Funny.

Go tell your government to work on the refineries and stop wasting dollar vault on importing PMS, crude oil - our main export commodity price is falling yet they are importing PMS (40% of the import) why won't you have dollar deficit thus low currency value.

Bro, they should deal with the economic problem not casting the blame on the poor, do you care to include how much the legislative and executive earn and their bonuses, cars, travels etc. Yet you wrote "minimum wage", you didn't even write about the " high cost of living", bro leave the poor out of this. Our unfortunate leaders put us in this mess.

5 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
Wow something I saw when Bihari started with his style of leadership and so many people turned a deaf ear to my prediction....that means I will become richer each time he makes more mistakes... grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by KaptainAfrika: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
THIS IS GREAT NEWS !
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Barzinime(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2020
I could see that Nigerians were living the dream back then.
Nonsense angry angry angry
SanusiGworo:
Bunch of economy novices running a multi million dollar economy.

Check the facts below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11111944_screenshot20200226105918twitter_jpeg6c96ef82c164ae3aa22d75356c7b4bd4
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

It's not by rejection bro. The country is in a big shit. The citizens chose so.

Securing job is not by claiming it neither is living above poverty by rejection. God created man and gave him sense it's up to him to use it or leave.
Allow them to lie to themselves bro.
They elected a lifeless thing to preside over the affairs of Nigeria and now the think that God is foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by nuele(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Yankiss:
Nigeria doesn't need further currency downturn. It will destroy a lot more. Buhari and his economic-illiterates should leave Nigeria alone. Our country deserves progress.

I swear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
oz4real83:
We don't need a soothsayer to tell us this. Increased Vat, increased minimum wage, high cost of production, poor electricity supply are some factors that breed inflation which in turn manifests in low currency value.

you and the people who liked your post dont understand how this thing works. The biggest factor that determines exchange rate for Nigeria is crude Oil revenues and right now Oil is falling. End of story!

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by djon78(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
SanusiGworo:
It will soon be $1 to #400

https://thenationonlineng.net/analysts-predict-naira-devaluation-to-n400/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Who doesn't know that Naira will depreciate? Some analysts are speculating around N500 to $1.

Because we are too dependent on the oil price. In fact it's a very dangerous step.

That we have not diversified Nigerias economy is a big worry.

If we had responsible and accountable leadership borrowing to overhaul the dilapidated infrastructures or proper economic reforms to attract foreign investors would have helped a lot but sorry for the kind of leadership we have.

Nigeria is at the mercy of external factors beyond her control on improving the economy. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
Buharinomics by

Group of dullards

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by osuofia2(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
IT IS FINISHED, THE DULLARD HAS FINISHED THIS COUNTRY, ZIMBABWE WILL BE BETTER BY THE TIME HE IS DONE DEALING NAIJA, THE GOOD THING IS THAT THE HARDSHIP AFFECT BOTH APC,PDP,WAILERS,ZOMBIES,IPOB,HAUSA,IGBO,YORUBA.
NEXT LEVEL INDEED

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Xclusiveme: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Some people are happy about d devaluation. When a dollar becomes 450naira.prices increase too
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by djon78(m): 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
Nigeria just lost not 8 years but 30 years worth of progress to the ineptitude of the very failed and hyper incompetent Buhari who has absolutely nothing offer than his state sponsored 3 prong Jihad war and the empowerment poverty .... Yesterday Dangote released it profit and loss reports which shows Dangotes profits down by 50 percent and exports down by 41 percent due to self harming Buhari border closure

Dangote never had such result in the past 11years. No wonder the man talk that once his refinery sets in, he is moving his business control to New York.

It's been terrible

3 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GoodFaith: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
Xclusiveme:
Some people are happy about d devaluation. When a dollar becomes 450naira.prices increase too
There are no winners
Cost of things will go up too
if you think u sent $100 to become N45,000
Prices of thing will increase

2 Likes

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by franchasng: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Abeg make it $/800 kiss
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
Great News for us freelancers who earn in dollars.

If is were $1 to #50
Let's assume I earned $100 * 50 = #5,000
Which is too poor.

But with the current rate I could cash out at least $100 * 330 = #33,000!

baba God we don't want it to come down abeg kiss
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
Low oil prices means low amount of dollars to buffer the naira meaning devaluation to save the CBN from depleting dollar stocks to buffer the naira.

Honestly if the government had removed fuel subsidies and had also stopped subsides on power by now the naira's value would have risen with investment.

Unfortunately APC isn't interested in making the tough choices that bring long term benefits
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by awoo47: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
SoNature:

The #360/$ exchange rate is not sustainable
lets hope Trump lose election, so they can ban fracking, the oil go get back to $150
d cause of oil slump was US increase in oil production due to fracking by nxt yr US will become net exporter of oil. So expect naira to fall except Sanders win
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by djon78(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Yankiss:

Nothing will save the currency from devaluation. You can't continue using the scarce foreign reserve to save Naira. While revenue from oil is depleting due to drop in oil price.

Our sole dependency on oil earnings as our only major source of income is the major problem here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / How To Register Your Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.