Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (30474 Views)

CBN Stops Banks From Utilising Naira Devaluation Gains / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
B4 April it will be 1000/1$
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by anonymous1759(m): 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
Bizibi:
do your research before commenting on any forum.

I'd advice you do the same. The counties you admire today once build herself internally before they open to free Trade. tstv is a very good example. Hope you remember unblocking your MTN sim with 11-15k several years ago if not for Glo do you think that Nonsense will ever stop?

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Kez11: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
Carlyboi:
I already indicated and explained the international traders part in my post well they’re gonna be affected cos they would struggle for forex and demand will decrease thus affecting their profits!comprendre bro?

In the case of Nigeria which we have seen over time, demand does not decrease, it can only decrease if that particular product has close substitute(s) that is/are cheap.

In Nigeria, wen dia is inflation, people will cry and cry but you will still see them buying those goods. They may cry for some months and everybody forgets it and continue to buy them.

Take rice for example, wen the price of foreign rice almost doubled, people still buy and stock them in bags in there various houses for consumption because even the closest substitute for foreign rice (local rice) isn't cheap at all

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Kez11: 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2020
Carlyboi:
I already indicated and explained the international traders part in my post well they’re gonna be affected cos they would struggle for forex and demand will decrease thus affecting their profits!comprendre bro?

In the case of Nigeria which we have seen over time, demand does not decrease, it can only decrease if that particular product has close substitute(s) that is/are cheap.

In Nigeria, wen dia is inflation, people will cry and cry but you will still see them buying those goods. They may cry for some months and everybody forgets it and continue to buy them.

Take rice for example, wen the price of foreign rice almost doubled, people still buy and stock them in bags in there various houses for consumption because even the closest substitute for foreign rice (local rice) isn't cheap at all.

It has been seen over time that Nigerians always adapt to any harsh economic condition they find themselves.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Urchman200: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
Mymynd4u:
I also predict that the said analysts Brain and sense will be devalued from 55% to 15.5 grin

Let's see which one will come to pass?? grin
when they say people should make use of their sense when commenting think they are referring to people like u.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Carlyboi(m): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kez11:

Take rice for example, wen the price of foreign rice almost doubled, people still buy and stock them in bags in there various houses for consumption because even the closest substitute for foreign rice (local rice) isn't cheap at all
of course they’re gonna buy but the purchasing power of Nigerians is gonna decrease....so I’m not saying there won’t be any demands it’s just gonna decrease for instance a person that buys three bags of rice at 19800 would only buy at most two bags when it’s been sold at 33k!
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by sulaak(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
SanusiGworo:
Bunch of economy novices running a multi million dollar economy.

Check the facts below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11111944_screenshot20200226105918twitter_jpeg6c96ef82c164ae3aa22d75356c7b4bd4

The intellect and ingenuity are with OBJ in selecting those smart Igbo's. Now, look at the limited Igbo people in Buhari government. Banking - Igbo, Labour -Igbo, Foreign Affair - Igbo, Environment - Igbo, Education -Igbo
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Reelnah: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Benefit people that earn in dollars outside the country not those that earn in the useless Naira

There are Legit business out there that guyz will be jumping up if dollar rise to that about. E.g FX
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by grandstar(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
Yankiss:
Nigeria doesn't need further currency downturn. It will destroy a lot more. Buhari and his economic-illiterates should leave Nigeria alone. Our country deserves progress.

The depreciation is in order. It makes economic sense. The depreciation is determined by market forces. To fight it will lead to severe shortages of forex which can bring about another recession
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Reelnah:

There are Legit business out there that guyz will be jumping up if dollar rise to that about. E.g FX

That's shortsighted , inflation will not eventually erode any imaginary gain
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

We must be skeptical when criticizing. your comment is indicating the past administration has been perfect putting all the blames on Buhari. Let's be sincere for once without being partisan. If you squander all the money you're meant to use to Carter for your household eventually time will tell when the repercussion of your carelessness will come. How do you think the looting that has been going on since 1960 till date won't affect the Economy? Other countries with vision are switching or expanding her means of making profit while we relied on oil and still yet squandered the money for selfish use without investing it in something meaningful .

I'm in support of the border closure that's what made China what's it today building your local industries first before you open them for competition right now despite the closure we still find it difficult to consume local Rice. Talk less of when we open it.

What the APC government is doing on the issues of border closure is what Nigeria should have done in 30 years back the result would have been different today.
Read the thread very well the fall of the oil price is not controlled by Buhari or the APC it's a Global Market how can you blame him when the price fall? I'm not a lover of any political party but I must say the truth. Oil prices was booming during the PDP Government but the thieves in charge used the money to sponsor Election both in pdp And Apc. I blame Buhari for insecurity he's not doing enough but on this fall in oil price I can't blame him.

Whatever PMB is suffering today is what GEJ did in his time and the next president that will take over from PMB will also suffer all the things PMB did in his reign until we start electing president based on competence Nigeria will be on a decline train till Heaven comes keep on voting for political party and your ethnic group.

I'm not sure you fully understand what you are talking about
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
courage89:
Devaluation is not the answer, not now and never. When we devalue our currency; it leads to high inflation, high interest rate, low Naira purchasing power, reduced per capital income, economic instability, ... The results of these are;

1. The poor will get poorer based on reduced purchasing power of Nigerian earners and also due to inflationary repercussions.
2. Nigerians will continue to lose brick and mortar foreign direct investment, will only attract short term portfolios investment that's not in the best interest of our economy. Foreign companies will invest in countries with increasing per capital income.
3. Nigeria will pay more for dollar denominated debt. Currently, Nigeria spends more than 20% of the budget to service debt annually. Devaluation will increase this number northward of 30 - 40% of our budget overnight.
4. Devaluation will continue to de-industrialize Nigeria. Manufacturing economy will remain only a mirage. High cost of funding, high inflation and overall unpredictable economic environment threatens general viability of all long term investments.
5. Nigerians will pay more for general trade; overseas trip, medical tourism, international students,
6. Devaluation of naira will continue to weaken our voice on a global scale. African Countries with better currency, higher per capital income and better economic viability will always attract investments and other opportunities over Nigeria. Hence, they will continue to be the voice based on their economic advantages. Reason why South Africa is the voice of Africa and not Nigeria.

I know some people; countries, hedge funds, unscrupulous Nigerians, are hell bent on crippling Nigerian economy and devaluation has always been the go to script to achieve that. The same script keeps playing out over and over since 1986 when Babangida instituted Structural Adjustment Programs (SAP). It always start with "low tone" local media propaganda such as this: to gain support locally, to encourage people to circulate their propaganda, to force panic attack on naira. Followed by "loud" international media propaganda where IMF, World Bank, CNN, Bloomberg, Forbes and others push for this sinister coup to force the hand of our government to devalue.

While I am not absolving our government of complicity. The high spate of insecurity, profligacy, nepotism, political risks, and other factors contribute to our position. But, these same factors and problems exist in Britain currently due to "Brexit". Why is the "pound sterling" waxing stronger everyday?

Say no to naira devaluation. It is not good for our economy, not good for our citizens and it is not good for our upcoming generations.

Well...
This is my position

If we do not have the forex to keep up with this defence
Devaluation is inevitable
If you refuse to devalue
The market forces will depreciate your currency by force.

When we have a country that is poor pretending its rich and squandering so much on frovlities, this is what you get.
Petrol importation and other importation are through the roof

This is married to low productivity
We are a rent seeker economy
These combinations are disaster recipes
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
SoNature:

Trump is unstoppable

He is facing defeat

It will be a miracle if he wins in November
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by OnyesomJ(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
Buhari can’t keep his promises

Always Compromisinggringrin

1naira=1dollar
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
Nigeria just lost not 8 years but 30 years worth of progress to the ineptitude of the very failed and hyper incompetent Buhari who has absolutely nothing offer than his state sponsored 3 prong Jihad war and the empowerment poverty .... Yesterday Dangote released it profit and loss reports which shows Dangotes profits down by 50 percent and exports down by 41 percent due to self harming Buhari border closure
Please do you have a copy of the Fin. Statements?
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

Please do you have a copy of the Fin. Statements?

I don't but you can get highlights from the link below

https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/27/dangote-cement-explains-reason-for-first-revenue-drop-in-over-11-years/
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

I'd advice you do the same. The counties you admire today once build herself internally before they open to free Trade. tstv is a very good example. Hope you remember unblocking your MTN sim with 11-15k several years ago if not for Glo do you think that Nonsense will ever stop?

Please keep quiet and stop making gullible statements ..if you don't know why the cost of sim cards where high in the begining ask please lets school you ..this is how just like your uninformed customs boss you said Border closure made China great cheesy cheesy...oh boy you go drive old Camry taya oooo
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by anonymous1759(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Please keep quiet and stop making gullible statements ..if you don't know why the cost of sim cards where high in the begining ask please lets school you ..this is how just like your uninformed customs boss you said Border closure made China great cheesy cheesy...oh boy you go drive old Camry taya oooo

You would have stated the course if you know it. Go and study countries you admire today how long it took them to build themselves internally before they opened up. You just come here and type rubbish.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

You would have stated the course if you know it. Go and study countries you admire today how long it took them to build themselves internally before they opened up. You just come here and type rubbish.

Keep quiet please even if you give Buhari 200 years he will not achieve anything !!! If you give him the Current swedish Economy he will destroy it in 6 months max , the man is a irredeemable Dullard and destroyer with the IQ of a retarded flea , he can't give what he doesn't have ..I hope you have heard Dangote is moving his cement export Business to Congo because of the border closure ...
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2020
Is it advisable to open my domiciliary account now and start buying dollars now, to sell later? Guru what's ur take.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by HeavyMan211: 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
dancok:
Is it advisable to open my domiciliary account now and start buying dollars now, to sell later? Guru what's ur take.

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by anonymous1759(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Keep quiet please even if you give Buhari 200 years he will not achieve anything !!! If you give him the Current swedish Economy he will destroy it in 6 months max , the man is a irredeemable Dullard and destroyer with the IQ of a retarded flea , he can't give what he doesn't have ..I hope you have heard Dangote is moving his cement export Business to Congo because of the border closure ...

You're big goat I don't argue with people like you blinded by HATE. The cause of the rise in Naira stated in the Article was as a results of a possible fall in oil price, controlled by the world market you still open your gutter mouth to blame Buhari how are you different from the Zombies you insult? Nigeria Economy is not meant for Dangote alone ok. If what the Government is doing will benefit the masses on the long run so be it. Dangote is not the only one in Nigeria. When CBN gave him dollar at a cheaper rate it didn't complain. People like you are Anti Buhari and Apc that's why you reason anyhow. Today you'll blame The Government for given Dangote a favorable Trade amongst his competitor's like ibeto. tomorrow you'll still insult the Government for not given Dangote a favorable trade you guys are just confused. Better stop this hating before your sense of reasoning vanish.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
djon78:

Dangote never had such result in the past 11years. No wonder the man talk that once his refinery sets in, he is moving his business control to New York.

It's been terrible
This is serious
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

You're big goat I don't argue with people like you blinded by HATE. The cause of the rise in Naira stated in the Article was as a results of a possible fall in oil price, controlled by the world market you still open your gutter mouth to blame Buhari how are you different from the Zombies you insult? Nigeria Economy is not meant for Dangote alone ok. If what the Government is doing will benefit the masses on the long run so be it. Dangote is not the only one in Nigeria. When CBN gave him dollar at a cheaper rate it didn't complain. People like you are Anti Buhari and Apc that's why you reason anyhow. Today you'll blame The Government for given Dangote a favorable Trade amongst his competitor's like ibeto. tomorrow you'll still insult the Government for not given Dangote a favorable trade you guys are just confused. Better stop this hating before your sense of reasoning vanish.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun rule two has clearly been breached please find insult highlighted in bold font ..Please I pray our able mods protect me by invoking rule 2
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by anonymous1759(m): 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun rule two has clearly been breached please find insult highlighted in bold font ..Please I pray our able mods protect me by invoking rule 2

You're mad who started the insults? I don't report anyone. Insult me I insult you.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by GamalNasser: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

You're mad who started the insults? I don't report anyone. Insult me I insult you.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun please observe serial breach of rule 2 by this moniker who thinks Nairaland rules are here as a joke , please apply rule 2 before he demoralizes me with insult
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by anonymous1759(m): 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun please observe serial breach of rule 2 by this moniker who thinks Nairaland rules are here as a joke , please apply rule 2 before he demoralizes me with insult

Funny dude. You don't like given your own dose right? After telling me to shut up, you're forming the good guy Nonsense.
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
anonymous1759:

Have you seen the balance sheet of other companies?

It's all messed up

People are using Damgote Because his group of companies is the most capitalised on the Nogerkan Stock Exchange
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kez11:

Take rice for example, wen the price of foreign rice almost doubled, people still buy and stock them in bags in there various houses for consumption because even the closest substitute for foreign rice (local rice) isn't cheap at all.

It has been seen over time that Nigerians always adapt to any harsh economic condition they find themselves.

Interesting perspective
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by DexterousOne(m): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

That's shortsighted , inflation will not eventually erode any imaginary gain

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Padoxia(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2020
dallyemmy:
They promised to diversify the economy from crude oil embarassed

By ruga settlement, repented Boko Haram annesty, boader closure, increase vat, principal official impunity, Fulani herdmen,
Re: Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ by Enemyofpeace: 2:13am On Feb 28, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Its not as if I'm wishing doom for the country but the rise to 450 naira will benefit some people.

Even if it goes down to 250 naira, the prices of goods never come down.
especially those of us leaving in the US

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / How To Register Your Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.