Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon (53807 Views)

University Of Benin Student Jumps From Last Floor, Dies Instantly (Graphic Pix) / Nigerian Drug Dealer Jumps From 4 Storey Building During Police Chase In Italy / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by References: 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
Another young man, who is yet to be identified, on Thursday’s mid-night leapt from an Uber car and jumped into the Lagos Lagoon.

This is coming barely 10 days after a man alighted from a cab and jumped into the Lagos Lagoon.

The man jumped into the Lagoon from the Third Mainland Bridge at midnight, sources in the Rapid Response Squad told The PUNCH on Thursday.

The PUNCH gathered that he landed on floating logs of wood beneath the Third Mainland Bridge.

The cab driver told officials of the RRS that he picked the passenger from Igando.

He said, “I carried him (the passenger) from Igando and he insisted I pass through the Third Mainland Bridge.

“On getting to the bridge, he asked me whether this was Third Mainland Bridge and I answered yes.

“He told me that he was pressed and that I should wait for him to ease himself. I was curious. At this time, he was forcing me to wait. I stylishly drove him to the point where the RRS men were standing inward Lagos.

“I told him I was no longer interested in the trip before I approached the police officers leaving him inside the car.”

A source, who is also an eyewitness, said, “As soon as the cab driver approached the police informing them of what his passenger was telling him, he (the victim) got down from the Volkswagen Jetta car and jumped into the Lagoon but he landed on floating logs of wood.

“Before he jumped, one of the police officers who saw him approached the railings of the bridge and persuaded him not to jump.”

The PUNCH learnt that the victim was rescued but sustained varying degrees of injury.

It was also gathered that the victim was rushed to the Lagos State Teaching Hospital, where he was later referred to LUTH.

“The incident was reported at Adekunle Police Station, Yaba,” The PUNCH was told.

https://punchng.com/breaking-another-man-jumps-from-cab-into-lagos-lagoon/

2 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Dereformer(m): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
Lagos has become the suicide capital of the world.

Buhari will never see anything good in this life or the next.

228 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by ghettokid1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
Unbelieveable!
Any way, Next Level Devil is on progress.... So nothing is impossible

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by tsephanyah(f): 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
"If We Make It Through December" tells the tale of a factory worker who gets laid off shortly before the holidays and then becomes wracked with guilt over his inability to buy his daughter some "Christmas cheer." With unemployment and inflation at a record high in 2020, and both medicine and food in short supply, Nigeria was in the middle of one of its worst recessions to date.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
Now all these people no go dey allow taxis to wait for us Wey wan piss true true. Especially people like me wey go Don drink like mad. And you know say drink and piss na 5 and 6.

On a serious note. This is becoming serious. And I'll blame the dull one who promised us change. Well this is change. .. A negative change.

For those of us out there struggling we go make am. Keep trying. Have regular sex. Sex releases happy hormones. No matter how Depressed you are sex dey quench am. Married men catch your wives give am wella. Boys catch your girlfriend give am. If no girlfriend find Olosho. If no Olosho use Vaseline. If no Vaseline use ororo. If no ororo use water. If no water use hand like that. Release the pain. No matter where it hurts you go see relief somehow. Don't quit.

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by SisterFire(f): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
Dereformer:
Lagos has become the suicide capital of the world.

Buhari will never see anything good in this life or the next.
...yorubas voted him to punish SS n Se but all suicides in that eko bridge is afonjas ,
...i heard one eastern guy committed suicide out of lecturers frustration not hunger per se...

Afonjas enjoy what u brought to us ...

Metaphysical legendhero

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by SisterFire(f): 2:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
tsephanyah:
R
...that's ur people ,who imposed buhari on us to punish us,can dey do business No ,only in the administration office speaking mgbati mgbati English...

Whereby Admin office n sack is like 5n6

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by BiafraIpob25: 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
Say no to depression.... Instead of you to die invain like that offer yourself to be used for money.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by LegendHero(m): 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2020
SisterFire:
...yorubas voted him to punish SS n Se but all suicide in that eko bridge is afonjas ,
...i heard one eastern guy committed suicide out of lecturers frustration not hunger....

Metaphysical legendhero

When I start hammering your featureless head now, your kinsmen will be here telling me to stop.

48 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Rollymax77(m): 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2020
WAWU, SADNESS EVERYWHERE
Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Area4Area: 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
SisterFire:
...yorubas voted him to punish SS n Se but all suicide in that eko bridge is afonjas ,
...i heard one eastern guy committed suicide out of lecturers frustration not hunger....

Metaphysical legendhero
So if this man is your friend, brother or you're related to him, this is all you can say?
Tribalism has killed this country.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by tsephanyah(f): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
SisterFire:
...that's ur people ,who imposed buhari on us to punish us,can dey do business No ,only in the administration office speaking Yoruba Yoruba English...

Whereby Admin office n sack is like 5n6
I don't understand

3 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by hisexcellency34: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
The cab man deserves a medal

28 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by PresidentAtiku(m): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
By Buhari and his gang of CHANGE DEMONS are done with Nigeria, na only God fit help us

Depression everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
The people that used to appeal to the Orisha should go an appeal to it.The spirit is quite strong it takes grace for the victims to resist suggestions made to them.White corks preferable as peace offering.Sorry it is what it is,whether you believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by BlackfireX: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
Is that not the guy that campaigned for APC on the last election... Shouting next level...

Anyway if na him,.no sorry

1 Like

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by irepnaija4eva(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2020
If to say our Nollywood pple get sence..
This case will be a nice episode for any horror series... Via SUPERNATURAL setting..

Sam and Dean Winchester... grin grin grin grin.

Oya all lazy Nigeria youth, script writers, movie directors oya get to work..
Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Bola146(f): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2020
Seriously, depression is real... Economically, financially, etc in Nigeria is zero sad If anyone is depressed, kindly talk to someone please... I believe things will be better soonest

17 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by enemybulldozer(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
Area4Area:
So if this man is your friend, brother or you're related to him, this is all you can say?
Tribalism has killed this country.
Before nko??
Will you have cheered and praised the zoo army/police that is fond of killing Ipob members, had it been those Ipob members they killed happens to be your brothers??

When you are jumping from one Nnamdi Kanu/Igbo threads to another you never remembered that you are being driven by hate and Tribalism.

11 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by tejpot(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
Seriously.

I am of the opinion that suicide news should not be allowed for the purpose of broadcast. The more people hear about it, the more those people who have ever given it a thought have the courage to try it out
If not for the stubbornness of the Uber driver, is this how the young man would have died?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by PlaysNigeria: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Abeg wen this buhari tenure go end :/ we don taya already. Whish way

11 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Plantainman: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oh Lord is this the new trend?
Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by VirginSearcher(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Buhari's government is the worst in the history of Nigeria, so many things that never happened in the past now happening, frustration everywhere

12 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by thorpido(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Na wa o.Precious stones dey inside this lagoon?

2 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Randy100: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Interesting. I would try this sha, I will tell a driver to stop me at third mainland bridge that I want to urinate. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Afonja. Probably scared to pay the fare

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Mikelarteta(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
The guy take style jump on a floating log, lol. No matter what the problem is do you think taking your life is an option.Think about the people you will put tears on thier faces and wounds in their heart.##sucideisnottheway.

2 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by salbis(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Nigeria is not good, but suicide is never an option. May we never get load wey our shoulders no fit carry.

6 Likes

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by yesloaded: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2020

Chai

God save us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by AmazingELixir: 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Since that evil oba of Lagos promised the Lagoon that it will dump ipobians who vote Jimi Agabje into it..

The lagoon has graciously been accepting free jumpers, I'm guessing the lagoon must be lining the Oba's pocket very well....

Who knows what Afonjas have done on that third mainland bridge

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Man Jumps From Cab Into Lagos Lagoon by Kingpele(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
Cowardice is not when you are afraid to die but when you are afraid to fight for your life &future... With faith that you are not alone in this struggles of life, no matter what happens to you, you are better than someone else somewhere.. Moreover suicide will take you to hell where the agony will force you to wish you didn't kill your self, suicide is murder, every murderer is destine to hell, you didn't create yourself therefore you got no right to take it. God bless the faithful

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspected Cultists Arrested On Their Way To A Burial In Imo State. Photos / 5 Nigerians To Be Executed Tomorrow In Indonesia: How They Were Caught / COLORADO! A New Deadly Form Of Marijuana In Nigeria's Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.