Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (61174 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by olayinkadavid70(m): 8:29am On Feb 28, 2020
hahahahaha, is diamond princess a country?, I laugh in Spanish, it is just a cruise ship carrying people to Japan and not a country, get your information right.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by foshe36: 8:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Could anyone agree with me since outbreak of corona all talks on climate change has stopped.
This is the measure world powers are taking to control climate change *first reduce world population * until their speculate amount of humans die they won't release the cure which they have already.
Now the most populated black nation got its own share.
And how could they have named it corona virus, this is an unknown virus, they also named the one they made to kill Africans one name like that.. heemmm,,, Ebola.
The world we are is sick my people wake up to reality.
They were suppose to stop all mechanism that involves burning of fossil fuel but that will cripple their economy, instead they settled for killing some potion of human race to reduce carbon emissions.
Wicked world.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by olayinkadavid70(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government,
The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately.
No Time For Research Please
haha, don't be a wicked soul, if he's one of your family member nko.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by blackbriar: 8:35am On Feb 28, 2020
macklef:

He tested positive in 2 days of entry not two weeks. No one knows how long anyone may have been infected so dey will be under quarantine for some time.
I think they may get blood samples n monitor over a period till the blood tests positive then they go after d person. Just thinking too.

he tested positve 2 days means he has had it before coming to nigeria
the incubation period means if you get the virus, the first 2 weeks you dont have any symptoms...you feel good but after 2 weesk the symtoms begin to show ...fever, headache,joint pain, chest pains,nose pains and fatally penumonia
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Reference(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2020
Well it is finally officially here. The turbulence starts now. My major concern is the economic effects of this pandemic on an already moribund Nigerian economy as the virus spreads and businesses are forced to close. Still no concrete policy statement by Nigeria.

Ny question now is, was he the only one on the aircraft. Stuck in a tube for a 5hr plus flight surely is enough time and impetus for a notoriously virile infection to spread amongst other passengers. Flights from countries with cases should have been restricted. We are being extraordinarily careless.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by einsteine(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2020
madridguy:
My wife, sleep with your two eyes close, na audio corona virus just to embezzle money. tongue

Until you catch it, that's when you will know it's not audio.

They don't need to lie to the world to steal money. Stop forming unnecessary wokeness
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by kayzeesoft(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2020
castrokins:
How Did He Get Through The Airport?
Abi na
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Gokoyer0(m): 8:43am On Feb 28, 2020
Pölythene bag for face grin grin
weedfada:
E don happen o! Trust Nigerians, very soon we no go see medical face mask buy again... Na to tie black polythene bag for face...
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Reference(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2020
olayinkadavid70:
haha, don't be a wicked soul, if he's one of your family member nko.

Not supporting that extreme position but the fact is that like the ebola case it is tending towards a felony when you knowingly travel with a viral infection in a pandemic regime. It is very insensitive and dangerous.

When you donot take steps to protect others from being infected by hiding your status leading to their infection or death then you should be asked questions. Quarantine is not a tea party. There are concrete reasons for it.

Nigeria just does not have the resources to handle this pandemic. If it gets very bad it will push us into full blown recession and hasten that vaunted currency devaluation.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by JamesBond008(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Guy you well so?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Came4amod: 8:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:

U go still catch am no worry ur self
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Insideout20000: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2020
N2B2:
Forget the jokes and all. This is the kind of news that makes one's heart sink.

Convid-19 spreads via air, even without physical contact. God helps us.
Corona virus is real... I am presently in China and I know what how china is suffering from this pandemic. I just hope it doesn't spread in Nigeria and I hope our health facilities would be up to the task. A lot of people have died in China even though the death rate is under reported.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Insideout20000: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Reference:

Not supporting that extreme position but the fact is that like the ebola case it is tending towards a felony when you knowingly travel with a viral infection in a pandemic regime. It is very insensitive and dangerous.

When you donot take steps to protect others from being infected by hiding your status leading to their infection or death then you should be asked questions. Quarantine is not a tea party. There are concrete reasons for it.

Nigeria just does not have the resources to handle this pandemic. If it gets very bad it will push us into full blown recession and hasten that vaunted currency devaluation.
I agree with your comment. Corona virus is real... I am presently in China and I know how china is suffering from this pandemic. I just hope it doesn't spread in Nigeria and I hope our health facilities would be up to the task. A lot of people have died in China even though the death rate is under reported.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by HimName: 8:52am On Feb 28, 2020
If you know your body is doing you like that like that, just goan quarantine yasef inside the thickest of woods.

Amotekun will not sit down n watch you threaten her air space.

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Liposure: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2020
Nigerians dont panic. We can do it
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Reference(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2020
My heart goes out to all medical professionals operating in Nigeria. The time to earn those wages starts now.

You must adopt sensible methods in the way you work and ensure ab absolute decontamination regime before leaving the premises of any facility in use. Your life and those of your family and friends depend on your good judgement.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by engrelvis(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
lol....ur mad

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by SweetCunt97(f): 8:57am On Feb 28, 2020
mvem:
all most all countries now have it...which country you wan ban...US have cases of it...same as UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc etc
All of them
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by mclorenzo(m): 8:57am On Feb 28, 2020
cassyrooy:
I need to flee my location asap, it proximity to Lagos is too close.

What about those on the same plane with the Italian? They might be in the new location you are fleeing to.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by SweetCunt97(f): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Insideout20000:

Corona virus is real... I am presently in China and I know what how china is suffering from this pandemic. I just hope it doesn't spread in Nigeria and I hope our health facilities would be up to the task. A lot of people have died in China even though the death rate is under reported.
So one cannot purchase anything from Aliexpress now?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by gabolak(m): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Ah! This is not a good news at all.

In a country that can not provide basic amenities like portable pipe born water and health facilities, am pretty sure that this will definitely wreck havoc here.

Trust me, everybody will result to prayer and resign ourselves to fate.

What a terrible thing to have now.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by lordm(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2020
adaksbullet:
Am not whant too died o embarassed embarassed
your English can kill someone. Hian!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Insideout20000: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So one cannot purchase anything from Aliexpress now?
You can but it won't be delivered to you now until the cases have gone down. Most factories and companies are on a lockdown...
As I speak to you, we are all in a locked down. No movement in some places.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by SweetCunt97(f): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2020
Insideout20000:

You can but it won't be delivered to you now until the cases have gone down. Most factories and companies are on a lockdown...
As I speak to you, we are all in a locked down. No movement in some places.
Are u in wuhan shocked?

What about work? Earning? Food
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 28, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. eyin .. afi igba te gbe kini yin woh naija

Abeg no be me carry am come o grin

I just hope the FG will be able to contain ot before it spreads
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by omoharry(f): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2020
Mandynews:
https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1233175138549587968
So Nigeria finally joined the list.It is well.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2020
Bihari and Lagos state government have failed us... This stupid Italian fool will not go and die in his country... We are suffering in the country unlike Spain and now he is bringing this to us... Only God knows how many olosho wey Im don Bleep... White men Bleep like Dog...... Jeez......
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by madridguy(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Same to you. May we witness more on earth.

fatymore:
Jumah Mubarak Husband
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Insideout20000: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Are u in wuhan shocked?

What about work? Earning? Food
No, not in wuhan.
Coronavirus has entered Nigeria now, the idiots making fun of those asking to be evacuated from Wuhan will soon be asking for evacuation from Nigeria too..#copied

I was tearful when I saw ludicrous and bizzare posts from nairalanders on the the topic of evacuating Nigerians from Wuhan by the government. It is just sad our country has gotten a case. I hope it does not spread.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by madridguy(m): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2020
Bros no be fight naaa lipsrsealed na force to mention me? Abi am the Italian man that bring the thing ?

einsteine:

Until you catch it, that's when you will know it's not audio.

They don't need to lie to the world to steal money. Stop forming unnecessary wokeness
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by SweetCunt97(f): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2020
Insideout20000:

No, not in wuhan.
Coronavirus has entered Nigeria now, the idiots making fun of those asking to be evacuated from Wuhan will soon be asking for evacuation from Nigeria too..#copied

I was tearful when I saw ludicrous and bizzare posts from nairalanders on the the topic of evacuating Nigerians from Wuhan by the government. It is just sad our country has gotten a case. I hope it does not spread.

But personally, those asking to b evacuated are selfish and insensitive. You in a red zone and you asking to b evacuated to a nation where we not even prepared for such outbreak? Check it naw
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Feb 28, 2020
May we witness more of it on earth. Ameen

fatymore:
Jumah Mubarak Husband

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Africa Recorded 17 Deaths In 24 Hours – WHO / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Doctor Val Who Treated Injured #endsars Protesters Dies Of Coronavirus Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.