Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time (8452 Views)

Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car / Ford's Smart Jacket For Cyclists Has Indicators And Brake Lights Just Like Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 6:01am On Feb 28, 2020
I have tried fixing it, they are mostly doing trial and error
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by seanfer(m): 6:21am On Feb 28, 2020
opeoyek:
I have tried fixing it, they are mostly doing trial and error

Look for a place to scan the ABS and the code will direct you to what to fix. I have my ABS light in for almost 4 months and just last week Sunday Mrford scan and fixed it.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 8:51am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank you, I need someone in lagos
seanfer:

Look for a place to scan the ABS and the code will direct you to what to fix. I have my ABS light in for almost 4 months and just last week Sunday Mrford scan and fixed it.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by fagbohun4j(m): 7:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
I drive a Toyota camry too and my abs light has been on for over 8 months now, naso I dey drive my car... Most brake masters or rewires will just scan and clear the error and you will think they've fixed something.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
[Lol, mine shows brake and ABSquote author=fagbohun4j post=87062236]I drive a Toyota camry too and my abs light has been on for over 8 months now, naso I dey drive my car... Most brake masters or rewires will just scan and clear the error and you will think they've fixed something. [/quote]
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lol, mine shows brake and ABS
fagbohun4j:
I drive a Toyota camry too and my abs light has been on for over 8 months now, naso I dey drive my car... Most brake masters or rewires will just scan and clear the error and you will think they've fixed something.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by 14themoney: 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
opeoyek:
Lol, mine shows brake and ABS
Do your dashboard lights flicker?
Does your battery get drained easily?
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 7:36am On Mar 01, 2020
Not really, the brake and ABS goes on and off, when it is on, the speedometer stops working and the ac starts emitting hot air
14themoney:

Do your dashboard lights flicker?
Does your battery get drained easily?
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by 14themoney: 9:57am On Mar 01, 2020
opeoyek:
Not really, the brake and ABS goes on and off, when it is on, the speedometer stops working and the ac starts emitting hot air
Check your alternator...its failing...and killing your battery.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Blackbishop(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
It fails and your Speedometer goes haywire. Brother you need a comprehensive diagnosis.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
14themoney:

Check your alternator...its failing...and killing your battery.
Hello bro. Its nice to see you help however i believe it is important we are careful of the kind of information we put out there in the name of helping.
How do you explain charging system fault being the cause of ABS/Brake fault?
Quite a number of things could be wrong here.
@OP pls do provide the information of your car so we can help direct.
Now for diagosis, as suggested kindly scan your ABS module for stored fault
The reason you loose your speedometer is because most likely the wheel speed sensor responsible for feeding the ECU with with the speed from the wheel is faulty. And since there is no signal, you loose your speedometer.
However, it could just be a wiring fault, a faulty fuse, failing ABS module.
So to get rid of guesses pls scan the module.
Write down the codes. You can post here, however its not bad if you yourself look online for relevant information towards a correct diagnosis ...

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2020
Thank you for the detailed response. I use a 2008 camry. I have scanned it and got the following codes U0073 and P0037, i was told I have to change the ABS,
AutoMoTech:

Hello bro. Its nice to see you help however i believe it is important we are careful of the kind of information we put out there in the name of helping.
The reason you loose your speedometer is because most likely the wheel speed sensor responsible for feeding the ECU with with the speed from the wheel is faulty. And since there is no signal, you loose your speedometer.
Write down the codes. You can post here, however its not bad if you yourself look online for relevant information towards a correct diagnosis ...
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Blackbishop(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2020
opeoyek:
Thank you for the detailed response. I use a 2008 camry. I have scanned it and got the following codes U0073 and P0037, i was told I have to change the ABS,

The P0037 is just for you to change the O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 while the U0073 is for you to change the ABS module, bro for your info just the ABS module not the entire ABS system be careful with local mechanics

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ooooh, how much does it cost to change the abs module?
Blackbishop:

The P0037 is just for you to change the O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 while the U0073 is for you to change the ABS module, bro for your info just the ABS module not the entire ABS system be careful with local mechanics
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Blackbishop(m): 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
opeoyek:
Ooooh, how much does it cost to change the abs module?

You can't get less than 40 to 45k. They will sell it with the pump
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ok sir, do you have any reliable person in ladipo?
Blackbishop:

You can't get less than 40 to 45k. They will sell it with the pump
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Blackbishop(m): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
opeoyek:
Ok sir, do you have any reliable person in ladipo?

Nobody actually but since I shop with them it's easy to return and collect another one if the one bought gives issue. And if you re not conversant with ladipo nobody owns a shop until you buy and discover say na ladipo boys. So if you re going to buy there pls shine your eyes.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Bobbydell(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
I deal with master brake and ABS, sir is your toyota camry hybrid? Hybrid ABS is expensive than normal Toyota camry ABS
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Bobbydell(m): 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
My shop is at paramo ladipo market, you will pay when your car Abs light and brake light is off guarantee assured contact: 07033059769
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by Bobbydell(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blackbishop:

Nobody actually but since I shop with them it's easy to return and collect another one if the one bought gives issue. And if you re not conversant with ladipo nobody owns a shop until you buy and discover say na ladipo boys. So if you re going to buy there pls shine your eyes.
Don't talk bad about ladipo, when you are buying, buy directly from shop, don't mislead people, it is only at warehouse they sell non tested things
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Okay sir, thanks for the info
Blackbishop:

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
opeoyek:
P0037 has to do with oxygen sensor heater circuit. That definitely has nothing to do with the ABS light although it might affect drivability a little in regard to fuel consumption.
U0073 - ABS SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE COMMUNICATION OFF.
Why were you adviced to change the ABS module?
Have they confirmed there is good power and ground supply to the Motor?
Did they properly diagnose and tesg the module to reach this conclusion? If yes how was it tested?
I have a feeling you are only about to throw part at this problem however they might be correct. But pls before going ahead to buy a new ABS module, your technician should do the following
1. Test all electrical circuits connected to that ABS
2. CHECK THE COMMUNICATION WIRE HARNESS. Got a feeling this might be the problem.

If all checks out and it is confirmed rhe moduleis dead, then You can go ahead to replace the module.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Many thanks for all your suggestions. The electrician checked the abs and confirmed power got to it. He thinks the abs and one other component might be responsible for the problem
AutoMoTech:

P0037 has to do with oxygen sensor heater circuit. That definitely has nothing to do with the ABS light although it might affect drivability a little in regard to fuel consumption.
U0073 - ABS SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE COMMUNICATION OFF.
Why were you adviced to change the ABS module?
Have they confirmed there is good power and ground supply to the Motor?
Did they properly diagnose and tesg the module to reach this conclusion? If yes how was it tested?
I have a feeling you are only about to throw part at this problem however they might be correct. But pls before going ahead to buy a new ABS module, your technician should do the following
1. Test all electrical circuits connected to that ABS
2. CHECK THE COMMUNICATION WIRE HARNESS. Got a feeling this might be the problem.

If all checks out and it is confirmed rhe moduleis dead, then You can go ahead to replace the module.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by MrFinbarr(m): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2020
opeoyek:

Like someone suggested above, check your alternator. That's the culprit. Speaking from first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by opeoyek: 10:22am On Apr 14, 2020
Can you please explain further
MrFinbarr:

Like someone suggested above, check your alternator. That's the culprit. Speaking from first hand experience.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by alphaNomega: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
opeoyek:

Test your alternator to know if it charges properly.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
MrFinbarr:

can you possibly give more detail based on your experience how the alternator causes the ABS and and Brake lights to be turned on and also causing the PCM to store the code U0073 - ABS SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE COMMUNICATION OFF.
really want to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by 14themoney: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
AutoMoTech:

No one knows it all. It wasn't a mere guess... I drive the same car and I spoke from personal experience...besides..I already said he should check the charging system..I never said he should replace it.
From my personal experience...my a/c suddenly started blowing hot...the speedometer stopped working, the abs/brake, battery, oil alert light came up on the dash. After some time, the engine died...I put a new battery and all the lights went off, only to come up again...got another battery, and the same thing happened again, and again..until I had to replace the alternator.
Good enough..someone here too has experienced same...so, we can't both come up with confusing stories.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
14themoney:

No one knows it all. It wasn't a mere guess... I drive the same car and I spoke from personal experience...besides..I already said he should check the charging system..I never said he should replace it.
From my personal experience...my a/c suddenly started blowing hot...the speedometer stopped working, the abs/brake, battery, oil alert light came up on the dash. After some time, the engine died...I put a new battery and all the lights went off, only to come up again...got another battery, and the same thing happened again, and again..until I had to replace the alternator.
Good enough..someone here too has experienced same...so, we can't both come up with confusing stories.
Yes you are right. No one knows it. Ofcourse i dont. But in Diagnosis d way to get it right is being logical. Now based on your words, all the lights came on.
In the OPs case only the ABS and Brake light came on. Meaning this problem is only isolated to the braking system.
And after scanning you discover its a communication problem.
I'm sorry if i came at you in an unpolite manner. Not my intention. However the reason we diagnose is to get to the root of a problem and not taking mere guesses...
Thanks again.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by 14themoney: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Yes you are right. No one knows it. Ofcourse i dont. But in Diagnosis d way to get it right is being logical. Now based on your words, all the lights came on.
In the OPs case only the ABS and Brake light came on. Meaning this problem is only isolated to the braking system.
And after scanning you discover its a communication problem.
I'm sorry if i came at you in an unpolite manner. Not my intention. However the reason we diagnose is to get to the root of a problem and not taking mere guesses...
Thanks again.
There's no harm in telling op to check his charging system...or is there any?
Cause I'm not sure I understand why you're trying so hard to make an unnecessary point. It was a suggestion, not a guess!

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
14themoney:

There's no harm in telling op to check his charging system...or is there any?
Cause I'm not sure I understand why you're trying so hard to make an unnecessary point. It was a suggestion, not a guess!
Ofcourse there isn't any. No vex bros.
Re: Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time by AutoMoTech(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
@OP n all. Apologies guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Toyota Camry Engine Excessive Fuel Consumption / Things You Need To Know If You Do Patronize Roadside Mechanics / Toyota Sells 1.52 Million Electrified Vehicles In 2017, Ahead Of 2020 Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.