Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video (27912 Views)

Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012 / Pastor Adeboye Prays At UN Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by vorosmartm(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2010
Nobody talk about you, then you're nobody whether na true or lie, my guy walahi.
Nobody talk about you, then you're nobody. STOP EXISTING AND START LIVING AND FEELING WHAT WE'RE FEELING.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by strangest(m): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2010
GEJ could have chosen to go and see Rehinard Bonke or Benny Hinn if he wants to, but he chose a Nigerian pastor to pray for him, I love the humility, Carry go GEJ 2011 , till, infinity (unless you Bleep up  grin)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2010
so can GEJ now go and prostrate before an Imam so we can also talk about it?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by PStacks(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2010
i didn't know you guys in nairaland are all messed up. you see such sincerity and humility from a man whose story can be likened to that of kind David in the bible and you still talk crap? the reason for this season is Jesus and even he wasn't accepted in his home town Nazareth? hence why should GEJ be accepted. lets face it. Nigeria cant decide for her self and thats why God has to do the decision. this guy got to this position least qualified for it. its only fair to ask of direction. even in the days of old, king david still consulted his priest. the wisest man that ever lived. king solomon still consulted his priest. Adeboye is one of the men i respect most in Nigeria, but to have seen him with Ibori was such a let down. Jesus ordered for the weed to grow with the crops anyway, it all boils down to the issues of perfection. no  not one is perfect not even pastor adeboye. let him who has no sin be the first to cast a stone. look!!!!, all this goverment owes me is just 24hrs power. for all i care they can blow aso rock. ghana has power. iran, north korea, south korea, afghanistan, worn torn counties have power
go and read on atributes of a leader think alot can be found in GEJ such humility. if i were c in c, if adeboye wants to pray for me, i wonder what i would do. a leader is supposed to as humble to earth as GEJ. at time simplicity is always mistaken for stupidity. men. will i write forever? i tire oh. let this guy be. all you guys just saying nonsence,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by tayoakin(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2010
There is nothing wrong with President Jonathan to have Knelt down before God to be pray for. The bible says that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Please read Jonathan speech at the occasion, he likened himself to David that became a King in Isreal without his effort but choosen by God.
If you read the account in the Bible, there was an instance where King David dance so much in the public while worshiping God, that he was rebuked by his own wife ( Aparently the daughter of Saul), for exposing himself naked before his subjects. Bible scholars admitted that  she was the only woman that died a barren in the whole bible. King David committed a lot of sins and Inquities but God testify that he was a man after His own heart because he knew how to worship God.

No doubt, Pastor Adeboye is God general for our generation, and watching closely at the live of President Jonathan, every thing point to the fact that God  has choosen him for this time. I am not a support of PDP or any party for that matter, but I can tell you that God himself Zone the presisdency to Jonathan and no leader of PDP can claim the glory, not even Obasanjo.

Let us rejoice when our leader are seeking the face of God rather than reading meaning to every of their motive and action. I would rather prefer all our leaders are prayed for by men of God, than to visit Okrika shines for support and help.

Thank you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Olalimits(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2010
He now turns to Gid after much heat from all quarters!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2010
illusion! Smokescreen! Digression from responsibility!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Princek12(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2010
If GEJ had otherwise knelt down before a white man of God, for example the pope or Benny Hinn, I am sure many people who have a problem with the picture showing him kneeling down in front of Adeboye would have lauded him for kneeling down in front of a white man.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by opribo(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2010
The question is what was the motive of GEJ. Has he been a member of this sect or was it just for campaign purpose. Why didn't he go to Oyedepo , Oyakilome, TB Joshua,Okonkwo,Fountain, MFM,Okogie, Aladura,Jehovah witness etc and all the big congregations. If his plan is to touch base with all the big churches with crowd then no wahala because God can fight HIS battles by HIMSELF, but if he went sincerely with a penitent heart to seek the face of the Lord then his faith shall set him free, because prayer is the key, humility is the key to success. For a president to humble himself before God is all. I respect him for this act but let it be known that our God is not a man that HE should lie. God can never be mocked, He cannot be bribed, HE will expose the innermost secret of men should any man want to use the name of the LORD in vain such will be rubbished before men. God searches the heart of men and HE knows those who truly worship HIM in truth and in spirit. It is not new to see our presidents praying Muslims do this all the time we see them on the floor every now and then so GEJ is not an exception only GOD sees the heart. May God be praised for evermore AMEN.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by flyuche(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2010
reminds me of a similar thing charls taylor did.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Ranoscky(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2010
Koikoi:

GEJ should've done this without the publicity embarassed
Why ? undecided

P.Stacks:

i didn't know you guys in nairaland are all messed up. you see such sincerity and humility from a man whose story can be likened to that of kind David in the bible and you still talk crap? the reason for this season is Jesus and even he wasn't accepted in his home town Nazareth? hence why should GEJ be accepted. lets face it. Nigeria cant decide for her self and thats why God has to do the decision. this guy got to this position least qualified for it. its only fair to ask of direction. even in the days of old, king david still consulted his priest. the wisest man that ever lived. king solomon still consulted his priest. Adeboye is one of the men i respect most in Nigeria, but to have seen him with Ibori was such a let down. Jesus ordered for the weed to grow with the crops anyway, it all boils down to the issues of perfection. no  not one is perfect not even pastor adeboye. let him who has no sin be the first to cast a stone. look!!!!, all this goverment owes me is just 24hrs power. for all i care they can blow aso rock. ghana has power. iran, north korea, south korea, afghanistan, worn torn counties have power
go and read on atributes of a leader think alot can be found in GEJ such humility. if i were c in c, if adeboye wants to pray for me, i wonder what i would do. a leader is supposed to as humble to earth as GEJ. at time simplicity is always mistaken for stupidity. men. will i write forever? i tire oh. let this guy be. all you guys just saying nonsence,
Gog bless you broda, you talk well.

I think the statement below would pass for all those talkin trash about GEJ visitin a pastor for prayers!

At time, simplicity is always mistaken for stupidity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by NaijaNile: 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
If you were not at the Redemption Camp on the said day, and didnt get to see it on TV, then maybe you should get the context of what happened right before jumping to conclusions. We all should take care to get our facts right especially when it has to do with spiritual matters.

Every year during the congress, the RCCG invites those in power to the congress. Some attend, while some don't. On this occassion GEJ decided to attend.

I am sure that in most churches and mosques, people pray for Nigeria. I am a christian, and the bible expressly mandates us to pray for those in authority, and that no one is made king without the knowledge of the almighty.

If you saw the programme, did you listen to the prayer points? Did you listen to G.O's opening speech on that day before he started to lead prayers and then asked the president to come forward? The president was kneeling in his capacity as a mere mortal, in submission to God and not Pastor Adeboye pls,

Now if you ask me whether his appearance in camp will swing votes in his favour, i'd say MAYBE! His Performance in office definitely matters more. Pls guys if you have ever been in a position of authority, you would appreciate what it means to pray for your leader. This is not about politics. I was platoon leader in my NYSC days, it was like ruling Nigeria, so difficult, some people will just hate your guts, some can die for you, some are indifferent. I learnt never to curse/abuse leaders again.

The Nigerian media, especially Sahara Reporters (where this picture was culled from) are experts at distorting facts! If I didn't see the programme I would have belived what was written.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Meldrick(m): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
NaijaNile:

If you were not at the Redemption Camp on the said day, and didnt get to see it on TV, then maybe you should get the context of what happened right before jumping to conclusions. We all should take care to get our facts right especially when it has to do with spiritual matters.

Every year during the congress, the RCCG invites those in power to the congress. Some attend, while some don't. On this occassion GEJ decided to attend.

I am sure that in most churches and mosques, people pray for Nigeria. I am a christian, and the bible expressly mandates us to pray for those in authority, and that no one is made king without the knowledge of the almighty.

If you saw the programme, did you listen to the prayer points? Did you listen to G.O's opening speech on that day before he started to lead prayers and then asked the president to come forward? The president was kneeling in his capacity as a mere mortal, in submission to God and not Pastor Adeboye pls,

Now if you ask me whether his appearance in camp will swing votes in his favour, i'd say MAYBE! His Performance in office definitely matters more. Pls guys if you have ever been in a position of authority, you would appreciate what it means to pray for your leader. This is not about politics. I was platoon leader in my NYSC days, it was like ruling Nigeria, so difficult, some people will just hate your guts, some can die for you, some are indifferent. I learnt never to curse/abuse leaders again.

The Nigerian media, especially Sahara Reporters (where this picture was culled from) are experts at distorting facts! If I didn't see the programme I would have belived what was written.

What more can I say? You have said it all. I totally agree with your enlightenment.

To all the ill-informed, the anti-Jonathan and the devil's advocates on Nairaland, the above explanation should have exposed you to the truth and broadened your shallow mentality.

I rest my case
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Donmeca(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2010
This is good. . .if every leader wud "claim" to seek the face of God like GEJ, Nigeria wud since av bn a better place to live in.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by olumyde5(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
Amen ooooooooo grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by appletango: 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2010
do you really believe that it is a coincidence that with only a month left to go before the primaries GEJ turns up at the country's largest church live on television? as usual a man who is being defeated left, right and centre has decided to turn to God for salvation. the funny thing is that jona isn't even a member of the church so what was he doing there if not seeking publicity and the playing the christain card?

please bear in mind that ALL the other presidential hopefuls have been to see adeboye but they had the common sense to do it in private, as it is dangerous to mix politics and religion in a country as diverse and segregated as nigeria.

this is a bad move for jonathan as he has just confirmed the fears of a lot of people in this country, but i am not surprised as it's just one in a long list of blunders
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Ayowumie(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
Olumogun:

The Pastor is doing his duty.

"whoever come to me, will in no wise be cast away"

If an armed robber come to him will he not pray.

So if the ASO-ROCK dweller also come to him, why should he not pray?

Or did GEJ named Pastor Adeboye as his campaign manager?
EXACTLY
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Buzman: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
Look, I am a Christian but I don't like policking with church. Adeboye is part of Nigeria's fraud. He prayed for OBJ and the guy milked Nigeria dry. I recall the same type of picture in 2007 for Yaradua and Jonathan at Redeemed Camp, yet Yaradua died of HIV AIDS and the nation was thrown into trauma, while Yaradua's wife was packing Naira like sand. Now, it's GEJ! Nawa for Adeboye. Does anybody wonder where the man got his money for jet again? See how corruption starts from the church?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by asamuel: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
Adeboye is a rogue. He is only investing in the presidency now. More jets after 2011.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by aljharem(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
i love Gej humility, the man is just good cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by spearman(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2010
asamuel:

Adeboye is a rogue. He is only investing in the presidency now. More jets after 2011.

Aha 'Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm' crowd are going to come after you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
Political Implication of this picture:
1, Gains sympathy from deeply religious Southerners, and will be a bumper electoral advantage for him. This will add to his humility and divinity credential.
2, Gains further hatred and electoral disadvantage from the Muslim masses of the North, especially the illiterate ones(and they are in millions). All an opponent needs is discreetly circulate the pic across these highly religious-sensitive masses, and in Hausa language, attach a short message. It will take years to erase the message from their mind
3, The 'liberals' will criticize this. They will talk and shout. They will call it presidential subservience etc. It may reduce his estimation in their reckoning but will not affect their political choices.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by asamuel: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
@spearman, Did you say touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm? I laugh in greek. Then I tell you that "Many shall come saying we have cast out devils, prayed for GEJ, performed miracles, established many churches in your name and Iwill tell them, depart from me, I never know you, you co-looters of Nigerian treasury."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by optimistD(m): 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2010
@redsun
your indiscriminate use of words shows how stupid you are. when this man (and other men of God) prayed for Yaradua in his sick bed where were you? Did you not also hear that Yaradua visited this same in 2007? what for? I guess its for prayers or some piece of advice. It has now become a taboo because it is goodluck. What is wrong with a president acknowledging the power and role of God in governance through prayer, irrespective of who administered such prayer (whether a pastor or immam)? Absolutely nothing! Besides, he has a freedom of worship like every other Nigerian. so let him be and shut your stinking trap if you don't have what to contribute to this.

@walata and becomerich;  you must not contribute to a topic, especially when you don't have a point. Just try to be reasonable and constructive if you must contribute. Did any of you hear Adeboye campaign for GEJ? Did he not emphasized on free and fare election from INEC come 2011 election? which means he does not give a damn who wins provided its free and fare. Listen and listen good. Adeboye is already made  and does not beg for publicity or recognition. GEJ is our only president and could still win come 2011 in free and fare election. The earlier you get this into your thick skull the better for your blood pressure. MCHEEEEEW!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Limaoscar: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
What more can I say? You have said it all. I totally agree with your enlightenment.

To all the ill-informed, the anti-Jonathan and the devil's advocates on Nairaland, the above explanation should have exposed you to the truth and broadened your shallow mentality.

I rest my case

@Meldrick and Naijaline,

You guys haven't seen anything yet. Honestly, there are more "God haters" and "MOG bashers" on NL than you can imagine on any other open. I Have decided to pull on my Apostolic mandate and begin to take Authority, make declarations, pronounce benedictions and enforce the Kingdom Agenda  from the realm of the Spirit to counter every Luciferian spirit and their agencies (human and spiritual) in Nigeria so that we will have peace in our Nation and on the Continent of Africa as a consequence of the proliferation of Godliness amongst our Young people.
This generation has got some of the brightest  minds and the devil knows it, so He is doing everything possible to sway them with WORLDLY WISDOM to make them belief that  God is their enemy. This is the reason why you have so many audacious posters in NL declaring they are Atheist bla-bla-bla and always challenging the Authority of God, His Word and His men.

We are  NOT deceived by this move from HELL, because these are the endtimes and we must earnestly Contend for the faith and ensure that the Torch of the Infallible word of God  handed to us by our forebearers, our patriarchal fathers and Mothers do not burn-out and this we will do for as long as Christ tarries and  God helping us Amen.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by spearman(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
asamuel:

@spearman, Did you say touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm? I laugh in greek. Then I tell you that "Many shall come saying we have cast out devils, prayed for GEJ, performed miracles, established many churches in your name and Iwill tell them, depart from me, I never know you, you co-looters of Nigerian treasury."
I was only warning you that that crowd is coming after you because no sooner you say anything critical about a so call man of God in Nigeria that the quote jumps out all over.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Kilode1: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
Jarus:

Political Implication of this picture:
1, Gains sympathy from deeply religious Southerners, and will be a bumper electoral advantage for him. This will add to his humility and divinity credential.
2, Gains further hatred and electoral disadvantage from the Muslim masses of the North, especially the illiterate ones[size=15pt] (and they are in millions). [/size] All an opponent needs is discreetly circulate the pic across these highly religious-sensitive masses, and in Hausa language, attach a short message. It will take years to erase the message from their mind
3, The 'liberals' will criticize this. They will talk and shout. They will call it presidential subservience etc. It may reduce his estimation in their reckoning but will not affect their political choices.

Illiterate Southern Christians are in[b] Millions[/b] too.  Just saying
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by optimistD(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2010
asamuel:

. I dont think you have seen Adeboye  in flesh and may not see him in your whole life. What makes him a rogue?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by eherbal(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2010
"my begoten in whom i'm well pleased"
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by safariman(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
GEJ also observed Ramadan
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by kcng: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
PASTOR ADEBOYE,PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU.DON'T BE DECEIVED,THERE MUST BE A SERIOUS CLEANING BEFORE THE NEW NIGERIA CAN EMERGE.LETS  JUST SAY FOR EXAMPLE,IF A REVOLUTIONIST ARISES IN NIGERIA LIKE JERRY ROLLINS OF GHANA,DO YOU THINK HE WOULD SPARE PASTOR ADEBOYE? THINK ABOUT THESE.
         WHAT I KNOW IS THAT ONE DAY THE TRUTH  ABOUT ADEBOYE AND THESE CORRUPT POLITICIANS WILL COME TO THE LIGHT .HE'S WORKS WILL SPEAK FOR HIM IN THE DAYS TO COME.NOW WE KNOW OUR ENEMIES.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Irk(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
He needs it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"1983 Crisis Will Be A Child's Play In 2019" - CUPP Explodes Over Osun Rerun / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo / Soldiers Kill 3 Bandits, Recover Arms In Zamfara (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.