Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me (53135 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented / My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Tharaja(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2020
Goodmorning my Elders in the house. I moved into this apartment of 150k in january this year. I have done one month and some week in it.

I just get to notice there are two Grinding machines with a terrible noise some meters away from my window. 4am in the morning, the machines are On which wakes me up abruptly from sleep. They are killing me psycologically. Even afternoon, They come on too. I can't sleep afternoon, I cant enjoy sleep at nite.

I want to seek for refund of my remaining money from my Landlord. I dont know if that is possible.

Pls elders, how do I go about requesting for a refund of my money that is remaining, Cos I want to relocate from that Noise. Am dieing slowly. Help. Thanks you all.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by ThePansophist: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Which area?

Will you be willing to sublet and get paid on a monthly let me bring someone?

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by daddytime(m): 9:36am On Feb 28, 2020
I feel your pains...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Lawgod247: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2020
sorry

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2020
If you want to do the right thing, talk to the agent or landlord and ask them to find another occupant so you get your refund. This might take a while or they might actually refuse.

on the other hand you can find someone who needs the place, collect rent and japa.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by madridguy(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2020
First, don't sublet your apartment as some posters above are suggesting.

Talk to your agent/landlord about it, but don't mention your genuine reason, maybe you tell them urgent transfer from work or traveling for a course.

Mind you, agreement, commission and damages won't be refunded.

370 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by pbethel: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2020
This is a very big issue in lagos.
Except for those who live in some expensive estates in which everything is centrally controlled

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by cRobo: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ask them to move that machine from you window side and if they fail to oblidge whenever their are not around pour salt in the petrol engine

174 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Bolajibasia56: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
I have similar case. Someone rented a flat and he told me he want to sublet. The amount was 100k to share the 3bedroom flat. But the people I was hoping to assist with money disappointed me. So I told the man I can't come up with the money. Then after a couple of days the man told me to come that he is giving me grace of 3months that I should deposit 40k so I gladly moved in. He told me not to tell the landlord. Lo and behold this man was planning to move out in 3months time. I just felt scammed I swear because the 40k was just for 3months. Although my mum said it's not bad since the man is hardly around and I am the only one usually enjoying the flat and it is well furnished with all electronics. People are too bad. I don't know what to do to him.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TechCapon(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
That's the first thing I look out for when getting a new apartment. Any compound with more than 3 children is a no no for me. Any church or mosque around, ur name na sorry. I hate noisy environments

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by PotatoSalad(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
My own is a stupid GSD in the next compound. The family just moved in. Always barking even at 2am. I used to have dogs but this one is stupid.
Last night, it started howling and the entire dogs in the neighborhood joined it. Very annoying
To poison am dey hungry me grin

320 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by ikorodureporta: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
person wey sleep dey catch no dey hear noise

..u c dis aboky...

328 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
So ur greetings is only for the elders abi

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by flyca: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nigeria is a country where anything goes!
No noise regulations.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by XklusivGistBlog(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Wetin this one dey talk... Go America na

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sorry man, I can only imagine your pain and annoyance.

Try to evacuate the premises.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by billionman: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
ThePansophist:
Which area?

You are trying to bring in a new tenant into an apartment the OP is trying to quit due to incessant noise pollution? Do you know how damaging such noise could be? I guess the person has high ability to tolerate such noise

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by aremz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
The guy below me is a stupid space booker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Auxtin85(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
Do you need us to help you inform your landlord?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by FuckAllTheMODs: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Same way this my noisy next flat neighbor and her kids(excluding the husband who is quiet) always make noise 24/7, honestly I'm not joking. Even when you wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, you will hear their voice.

smiley

Though recently I have decided to control the noise by always sending the kids away from my flat space or frontage whenever they come with their noise and other measures. No be only me d thing dey disturb, including the other tenants.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by okpalaAnambra: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Move quickly out of there
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Ogbunigwe2018: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
PotatoSalad:
My own is a stupid GSD in the next compound. Always barking even at 2am. I used to have dogs but this one is stupid. To poison am dey hungry me grin
Mine na two crazy boerboels
I will definitely run them down this rainy season and claim poor vision

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Realtalk20: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ajegunle isn't a good area to live in

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by damosade(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
I feel ur plights, my own is a mosque just behind my window.
So annoying.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sorry about that. Calmly talk to the agent or landlord. Give them a tangible reason because they might not see the environmental noise as a serious reason.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Sonnobax15(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin Ordinary noise ny u dey worry...me that is living close to a bet9ja shop that has been burying me,did i complain?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Millz404(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
just sweet mouth another person to rent the house and collect your money from there.... trying to collect it from your landlord is probably going to take you the whole year

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Suremikky(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
ThePansophist:
Which area?

You are a wicked human being looking for slightest avenue to cheat people

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by lucky4west: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
talk to the agent and landlord, but most likely they will not agree, those people are wicked and have shared the money already, talk to them about sublet too..it will take a while b4 u get anything out of that house....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by GindoX(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
The guy no do him assignment well...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Roon9(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hmm nawa
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Antoeni(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
I Was Expecting to Hear you say itโ€™s Noise from Spirits or Witches.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants" / Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience. / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.