Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me (58575 Views)

How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids / She Is Too Shy To Initiate Lovemaking With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by crackkhaus: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
merahki:

Or “his” skills
tongue
Well most probably a she wrote it cheesy
I have stopped responding to all the “I had to open a new account” and registered in 2020 scam posts
Nairaland is a forum not Hints magazine biko
I haate
angry
Haha.. it's getting too much cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Makavelli25: 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sanchez01:
All these fake stories though. A newly registered account with a clownish picture as DP. I wonder if Nairaland now pay fiction writers to stir this section of the forum for whatever purpose.

I have been using nairaland since 2009 now. But this is ma latest accnt. The point is if i post a story like this you would say its fake

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Karleb(m): 1:09am On Feb 29, 2020
I wouldn't mind having your kind of wife!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by CAPSLOCKED: 7:05am On Feb 29, 2020
Karleb:
I wouldn't mind having your kind of wife!

WHAT YOU WANT IS NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU GET.
OMO INSTAGRAM IS COMING YOUR WAY. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Kazeem2222(m): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Advice her to listen to 2Baba's recent song... Titled "warriors" and she would stop being shy.. See the link below

https://abegabeg.com/download-music-2baba-warriors/
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Frankyboy1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ok
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by NOL2dworld(m): 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
U0t
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by TinyHacker: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
op if i knack you and everybody in this story coronavirus
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
SHE IS IN LOVE WITH YOU

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by OneKinGuy(m): 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Drabeey:
À. B. a a

Meanwhile your story is too arranged not to suspect a suspicion.

Even if this is true you just married someone who may not love you. You are on your bro but remember to tell ne your anger up while writing if you want to sound more convincing.

Drabeey was Here

Did u even read what op wrote?
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by MrStan11(m): 1:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
Two Ajebotas love story.

Abeg we enjoy listening to Ajekpakos family problems cuz that's the reality

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Bladesociety: 1:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
Picture or I don't believe this story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by ekestic1976(f): 1:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
A
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by dederocs(m): 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
Leave that woman alone, the problem is you
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by petitejolie(f): 1:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
If this is true pls what else are u looking for. U can't have it all. Carry this ur small cross yourself joor

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Groovenaija360(m): 1:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Oga carry yiyr fake story comot here

We are thinking about the deadly diseases in Nigeria now

1. Buhari
2APC
3. Boko Boys
4. Fulani Herdsmen
5. Corona virus.
6. Meiyetti Allah
7.Arewa
8. Afonjas

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Renforce: 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
crackkhaus:
The person behind this one did an impressive job with her writing skills.

Its even a she grin
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by foolbuster: 1:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

Damn!! You'll be marveled at how many men that wish they were in your shoes. You dont have a problem brah so dont create one where their is none. That is the kind of person your wife is period. And from what you said, i think she loves you. Just Continue showering her with love.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Originalsly: 1:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmm..... Nigerian.... mother and MIL wish for their children come thru.... married for 3 years..... no children....and the problem is wife's shyness? Really? I cannot swallow this.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Iseoluwani: 1:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz

sincerely yours u just described my wife

my wife doesnt even see sex as something worth the stress. Just let her know she z valuable.

She is simply a melancholic and a bit os perfectionist.

And thats her ahe z wired. Dont change her wire and dont feel guilty.

women like this are rare and thats y i value my wife 24/7

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by greggng: 1:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:
This is a bit long but please bear with me.

I’ve been married to my amazingly beautiful wife for 3 years. The problem is she is very shy around me but at the same time seems to try to secretly please me constantly. It leaves me feeling guilty and I’m not sure of what to do next.

Backstory:

I met her through my mom. My MIL and my mom are childhood friends who grew up together. I never met her at the time since I lived in the US while She was in Nigeria. When I was 20 I saw her in a family friend’s wedding album. I was floored and my eyes were watering. She was the most attractive girl I had ever seen.

I figured out her FB and messaged her since I didn't want to initiate contact through our moms. I struck up a conversation. I soon realized that my mom fed info about me to my MIL which in turn got fed to her , so she already knew a fair bit about me. We chatted constantly, met up on my vacation to Nigeria , and hung out together every day. I learn she is still a virgin saving herself for marriage. I was still one too, mostly because A) I was chubby most of my life and didn't dare go near girls in that state and B) when I did start getting more fit, I already fell in love with her and it felt wrong dating at the same time. So yeah we had that in common.

Skipping ahead again to three years ago when I graduated from grad school. We met up a handful of times more, and things were awesome. She was outgoing with me, giggling over almost nothing and general silliness. We never did anything sexual, but we were intimate enough and honestly seeing her gave me goosebumps, so it wasn't on my mind. On one visit to Nigeria, she brought up the topic of marriage in a joking manner, something about how our mom's always planned it. I jokingly replied that I would be happy to marry her, then she got all serious and asked if I was for real. I said yes and, well, the rest is history.

The problem:

We had our wedding in Nigeria and, after the papers got sorted, she moved to the US to live with me. The first few months were interesting. She knows English pretty well and she majored in her native language, so she looked for translation jobs. She never got replies from employers, so I was getting a little suspicious, especially since she was an honors student at a pretty high ranking international university. I found out that she wasn't actually sending the applications out. I bring this up gently with her, and she starts tearing a bit telling me she wants to be a stay at home wife and that she didn't think I would be proud of her if she didn't get a real job. She says she was going to tell me soon, which I believe because I found a recent word document in our computer that was basically a draft of the speech she was going to give me. I don't mind her staying at home as I bring in enough money for the both of us and she is a really good cook.

This prompted me to sit down with her and figure out where our communication is breaking down. After a bunch of long discussions about this, I felt we were on the same page. She was still growing more timid around me and didn't start conversations easily with me, but she always seemed happy. I stepped up my displays of affection, showering her with compliments, hugs, and kisses. I would often catch her staring at me (usually while we ate), to which she would get red-faced and look away quickly. It’s been 3 years now and still does the smiling stare, except now she doesn’t look away when I catch her. The conversation starting has gotten a bit better, but nowhere near pre-marriage. While she always had this quiet peacefulness to her, I noticed she is intentionally not doing things that might get me worked up. Examples being: discussing politics (we have the same views), discussing my work problems, discussing anything philosophical in nature, etc. She will respond if I start, but she doesn’t take the initiative like before. I really miss that.

The sex is...interesting? As I said before, I didn't have any prior experience so I can't judge her, but she just lays on the bed and doesn’t move until I suggest to. She never initiates but never declines. I try to make it about her more often than not, but if I’m looking for feedback she quietly agrees with whatever I'm doing. After we finish, she lays in the same position looking at me, sometimes smiling, sometimes teary-eyed. I take it she likes it, but then again she never likes to talk about sex. From what I gather in our pre-marriage talks, she doesn't have any negative views on it and it wasn't shunned by her parents, it's just that she is shy. She doesn't like me seeing her naked even though I do (ha ha...:/ ). She is…shy very well proportioned…and I tell her how it is so she shouldn’t feel self-conscious. But she still covers up outside of sex.

Another issue is fitness: I work out constantly at home or in the park (calisthenics) and I invite her to join but she politely declines. She runs almost every morning so I thought maybe she gets enough from that. But I have noticed that my weight backpack at home is sometimes at a different weight than when I left it. I have also noticed She has made some serious butt/thigh gains which really stand out on her thin frame. When I ask if she is doing anything differently, she says “maybe it’s the running” then changes the subject. I don’t understand why she is working out in secret. This is most likely my fault though since I used to try and tease her into working out with me; I made a silly remark about how squatting/ham-raises will put more meat on her legs.

Conclusion:

Guys and gals, I need help. I love my wife dearly. She is funnier than any comedian, more disciplined than any soldier, and more beautiful than any celebrity. But she is making me feel weird by trying to secretly improve herself based on my preferences. Her shyness around me is awkward and I want a return to the easy-going pre-marriage . Has anyone had experience with this?

Also: she has made many friends here and still is in contact with a few back home. However she doesn't seem excited to be around them as much as when I offer to go out with her. She's always offers to cancel plans to stay in with me or go for a walk. I thought she might be depressed, but she is super cheerful even when she doesn't know I'm around.

You are entertaining me with your writing skills....you are a good writer . On a serious note you have one of the best woman around you. Don't mess up with her. Very soon she will be initiating everything you ever like....shyness is not a disease....just be patient with her. But if you don't like her kindly pass her to me....tonto dike is available for you....don't come here to blame us if she says you are a 1min man....Anyways your brother need some help here in nigeria ...nothing is too small....whichever country you are make u no forget home. Reach me if you are prepared to help cos a beggar is better than a thief

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Ogi11: 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by VBCampaign: 1:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bros. You don't have a problem. May God bless your home.

Maybe When the children arrive, she'll loosen up.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by DaInferno(m): 1:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

I’ve been married to my amazingly beautiful wife for 3 years. The problem is she is very shy around me but at the same time seems to try to secretly please me constantly. It leaves me feeling guilty and I’m not sure of what to do next.

Backstory:

I met her through my mom. My MIL and my mom are childhood friends who grew up together. I never met her at the time since I lived in the US while She was in Nigeria. When I was 20 I saw her in a family friend’s wedding album. I was floored and my eyes were watering. She was the most attractive girl I had ever seen.

I figured out her FB and messaged her since I didn't want to initiate contact through our moms. I struck up a conversation. I soon realized that my mom fed info about me to my MIL which in turn got fed to her , so she already knew a fair bit about me. We chatted constantly, met up on my vacation to Nigeria , and hung out together every day. I learn she is still a virgin saving herself for marriage. I was still one too, mostly because A) I was chubby most of my life and didn't dare go near girls in that state and B) when I did start getting more fit, I already fell in love with her and it felt wrong dating at the same time. So yeah we had that in common.

Skipping ahead again to three years ago when I graduated from grad school. We met up a handful of times more, and things were awesome. She was outgoing with me, giggling over almost nothing and general silliness. We never did anything sexual, but we were intimate enough and honestly seeing her gave me goosebumps, so it wasn't on my mind. On one visit to Nigeria, she brought up the topic of marriage in a joking manner, something about how our mom's always planned it. I jokingly replied that I would be happy to marry her, then she got all serious and asked if I was for real. I said yes and, well, the rest is history.

The problem:

We had our wedding in Nigeria and, after the papers got sorted, she moved to the US to live with me. The first few months were interesting. She knows English pretty well and she majored in her native language, so she looked for translation jobs. She never got replies from employers, so I was getting a little suspicious, especially since she was an honors student at a pretty high ranking international university. I found out that she wasn't actually sending the applications out. I bring this up gently with her, and she starts tearing a bit telling me she wants to be a stay at home wife and that she didn't think I would be proud of her if she didn't get a real job. She says she was going to tell me soon, which I believe because I found a recent word document in our computer that was basically a draft of the speech she was going to give me. I don't mind her staying at home as I bring in enough money for the both of us and she is a really good cook.

This prompted me to sit down with her and figure out where our communication is breaking down. After a bunch of long discussions about this, I felt we were on the same page. She was still growing more timid around me and didn't start conversations easily with me, but she always seemed happy. I stepped up my displays of affection, showering her with compliments, hugs, and kisses. I would often catch her staring at me (usually while we ate), to which she would get red-faced and look away quickly. It’s been 3 years now and still does the smiling stare, except now she doesn’t look away when I catch her. The conversation starting has gotten a bit better, but nowhere near pre-marriage. While she always had this quiet peacefulness to her, I noticed she is intentionally not doing things that might get me worked up. Examples being: discussing politics (we have the same views), discussing my work problems, discussing anything philosophical in nature, etc. She will respond if I start, but she doesn’t take the initiative like before. I really miss that.

The sex is...interesting? As I said before, I didn't have any prior experience so I can't judge her, but she just lays on the bed and doesn’t move until I suggest to. She never initiates but never declines. I try to make it about her more often than not, but if I’m looking for feedback she quietly agrees with whatever I'm doing. After we finish, she lays in the same position looking at me, sometimes smiling, sometimes teary-eyed. I take it she likes it, but then again she never likes to talk about sex. From what I gather in our pre-marriage talks, she doesn't have any negative views on it and it wasn't shunned by her parents, it's just that she is shy. She doesn't like me seeing her naked even though I do (ha ha...:/ ). She is…shy very well proportioned…and I tell her how it is so she shouldn’t feel self-conscious. But she still covers up outside of sex.

Another issue is fitness: I work out constantly at home or in the park (calisthenics) and I invite her to join but she politely declines. She runs almost every morning so I thought maybe she gets enough from that. But I have noticed that my weight backpack at home is sometimes at a different weight than when I left it. I have also noticed She has made some serious butt/thigh gains which really stand out on her thin frame. When I ask if she is doing anything differently, she says “maybe it’s the running” then changes the subject. I don’t understand why she is working out in secret. This is most likely my fault though since I used to try and tease her into working out with me; I made a silly remark about how squatting/ham-raises will put more meat on her legs.

Conclusion:

Guys and gals, I need help. I love my wife dearly. She is funnier than any comedian, more disciplined than any soldier, and more beautiful than any celebrity. But she is making me feel weird by trying to secretly improve herself based on my preferences. Her shyness around me is awkward and I want a return to the easy-going pre-marriage . Has anyone had experience with this?

Also: she has made many friends here and still is in contact with a few back home. However she doesn't seem excited to be around them as much as when I offer to go out with her. She's always offers to cancel plans to stay in with me or go for a walk. I thought she might be depressed, but she is super cheerful even when she doesn't know I'm around.

guy, I just enjoyed your write up, like say Na movie!?

I have no contribution, mine used to be like that, till I spoilt her, always talking dirty n stuff

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by DaInferno(m): 1:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

Backstory:

The problem:

Conclusion:

guy, I just enjoyed your write up, like say Na movie!?

I have no contribution, mine used to be like that, till I spoilt her, always talking dirty n stuff

she banda than me now! I grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Clinghton: 1:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Op, you got a rare Lady as a wife help her don't force her to be anything you wish.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by GreatResearcher: 1:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

Backstory:

The problem:

Conclusion:

Her character before marriage was fake. This is the real her. Women are great pretenders. She faked those characters to win u to herself. She has won u to herself so her real character is back. Bro u can change her.
Advice: if u cant cope with her new and real self, divorce
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
A woman who's shy around her husband Mhen u got urself a keeper... Just Don't be a fool and make her contemptuous, then u open a new account and begin another story: " I had to open another account to paste this, I don't know what's is wrong with my wife of 6years. Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
tojahh:
Na sleep dey worry you. When you wake read your lies again
grin grin
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
sisisioge:

Abi o...NL is trying to copy one magazine like that in the US, they pay professional writers to write short stories for them to catch readers fancies. Its a good idea, but they always lose the ring of truth.

Which person would live constantly with another human inside the same room for 3 years and not loosen up? Definitely not a woman that's been naked a gazillion times and had same dig ploughing into her for 365X3 days! It is well grin grin

Don't assume what you know nothing of. The story could be 100 percent very true. What you are expected to do is to proffer solution.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Is Left Close To Tears After Pals Fail To Show Up For Planned Dinner( Pix) / Lady Buys Her Mum A Benz As Valentine’s Gift (Photos) / Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.