Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers (31712 Views)

Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / Noise Pollution, Loudspeakers and the Neighbor / Ruling On Using Adhan Or Dhikr As Ringing Tone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by sonsomegrigbo: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
The US city of Paterson, New Jersey, has backed an ordinance to allow the adhan, the Muslim call to prayer, to be broadcast over loudspeakers. Under the new measure, which still has to go through two public hearings before being implemented, the adhan would be exempt from the city’s noise control ordinance and allowed to be broadcast outside every day between 6am and 10pm.

The resolution was approved by council members on Tuesday by a vote of 7-0, with two members abstaining. “We applaud Paterson officials for taking this admirable step toward inclusion, and encourage them to pass the proposed ordinance,” said Salaedin Maksut, executive director of the New Jersey chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

“Their open-mindedness to such laws is a concrete demonstration of respect and mutual understanding between the residents of our rich and diverse communities.” Paterson has approximately 30,000 Muslim residents, along with more than 15 mosques scattered across the area.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/us-grants-mosques-approval-to-broadcast-adhan-over-loudspeakers.html

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Hyperchi(m): 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nice move. But if it was a church in a Muslim neighborhood will u guys accept it?

365 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Righteousness89(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
A state in the US, not the US as a Nation..

As New Jersey lays its bed, may it lie on it!

182 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by DEHVEHLOP(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
Igbo amaka!

The most beautiful of them all!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Tocheagle(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2020
Oh crap

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Feb 29, 2020
Hyperchi:
Nice move. But if it was a church in a Muslim neighborhood will u guys accept it?

The adhan is just a call to prayer which is usually done for less than 7 mins!

Your Church can be granted the same 7mins to use the loudspeaker if you can complete your singing, clapping, dancing, preaching, etc in that time!

Na everything be Islamisation in their eyes!

196 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by madridguy(m): 9:53am On Mar 06, 2020
A welcome development and commendable move. Our Muslim brothers and sisters are doing great job in the States.

Let me quickly add small salt to some people's injury, before you shout Trump, even on his Sworn In day, some verses of Quran was recited.

Jummah Mubarook to everyone.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by solmus: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2020
cool

Ibos would never do that, they marginalize Ibo muslim

in a free society they encourage freedom of religion so long you are not infringing on anybodies right, London are now opening more mosques

they claim to practice the religion of love yet every thread from politics to Islamic thread they display hate so much we call them children of hate

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by lionness(f): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2020
A real country with people with brains
Not some trashy poop hole filled with noisy places of worship.

3 Likes

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2020
Hyperchi:
Get this clear United state is not a Christian country .

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by solmus: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2020
Captainrambo2:
What's wrong with usa ?

Giving religion of peace grounds?

they are liberal unlike Ibos who see everything through the prism of Osu cast system

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by OgologoDimkpa: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2020
America, make una shine una eyes shocked
Kill this cancer before it spreads to different part of your body.

Well I trust Trump, he is a no nonsense man cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by dataking: 10:00am On Mar 06, 2020
Children of Hate won’t like this. Very useless lot. They will always find something bad to say about Islam. Even if Muslims feed and employ their wretched asses.

Very intolerant people. Racists and Bigots

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Newnas(m): 10:01am On Mar 06, 2020
Trump nyansh-lickers will not like this ooo

shocked cool

4 Likes

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2020
By next year they will start blowing people up in that state in the name of Allah! grin

I wonder if there is atleast one church in UAE. undecided

Hey!! before you start your insults, muslems!! i am not even religious. sad

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Caregiver053: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2020
Nigerian Christians have been classified by Armnesty International as the most intolerant religious group in the world. They hate everything Islam

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by solmus: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2020
trutht828:

Stop being intentionally blind. Your religion is a religion of hate and you are intolerant. There are places in ilorin where Christians dare not preach even for 5 minutes. You dare not preach for a minute in public in the UAE.

You guys are intolerant and your religion of blood shed and destruction is designed to preach hate for other religions.

shutup and stop lying, I have being to UAE (Sharjah , Ajman , Dubai, Abhudhabi) and I know churches are there

even in Saudi churches are allowed in where expertrates reside ..

Ibos should keep there hate abeg

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by handsomeyinka(m): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2020
Hyperchi:
Though am a christian,We all serve the same GOD..
Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Newnas(m): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2020
[quote author=WeSayNoToRuga post=87183883][/quote]

Ogbeni how market na.

I can see you're in sifia pain

tongue angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by totowunmido: 10:03am On Mar 06, 2020
They will surely regret it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by farouk2much(m): 10:04am On Mar 06, 2020
Allhamdu-lillah.....
It's a promise that one day islam will dominate this world

9 Likes

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by sofiscatedmoron: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2020
Nh
Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by MineBitcoin(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Waw what a nice move

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by centboy123456(m): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Meeyankee:

Then it what na hahaha funny people

4 Likes

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by happney65: 10:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Meeyankee:

And what is it?A muslim country?I laugh in spiritual powers..Go and watch Trump's impeachment proceeding and see how christian prayers were made before the start of each day's proceeding by the House Chaplain..Anyway that's by the way..You muslims will say I can't come into your house and do anyhow but you can come into my house and do anyhow because I am an atheist..Isnt that foolishness and hypocrisy?

What you dare not accept in your domain,you will say I can do it in my house..Nonesense and Buhari!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by sofiscatedmoron: 10:07am On Mar 06, 2020
solmus:
cool

Ibos would never do that, they marginalize Ibo muslim

in a free society they encourage freedom of religion so long you are not infringing on anybodies right

Mumu,, u even had to put pics of Hausa youth on ibo attire grin

9 Likes

Re: Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2020
The US better be careful what they open themselves up to in the name of this nonsense “inclusion” thing.

Islam is a very domineering religion. Give them one inch and before you know it there is a mosque on every street corner blaring out noise from loudspeakers till all sane people leave the neighborhood.

Go to east London and see what I’m talking about.

P.s Nairaland stop making us swear allegiance to Mohammed just to comment on Islamic posts. You don’t do the same for Christian posts. This is discrimination of the highest order.

32 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam / Meat Inscribed With "Allah" In Arabic, Seen In UI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.