Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? (68428 Views)

This Nigerian Lady Is Searching For A Regular Sex Partner And Companion / Girl Arrested For Calling Ex-boyfriend More Than 27,000 Times After Break Up / Is Break Up Sex Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
pocohantas:
He didn’t have money.
Broke guys are always amazing. grin
Izzouuu sorrry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by keenn: 2:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
XhosaNostra:

That's true. I have my own fears, as well, but I face them with bravery. I expect a man to be braver, not scream his head off.

What if he is braver, tall and lively but with no good paying job, what you say?
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Divay22(f): 2:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Homeboiy:

She dey nah

So why you dey deny say you no get girlf angrygirlfriend
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Homeboiy: 2:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
Divay22:
So why you dey deny say you no get girlf angrygirlfriend

Na game we de play

Gf wey be say e no ft call her bf for phone na gf
Its over 2 wks we saw last
Anyday she come my house ,na that day she be my gf
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
Chi59:

You're countering yourself.
You dated a guy who gave you peace.
People who are really in Christ give peace.
Do you see you've not made a point?
And what's so special about being a virgin anyway? I am. And I don't feel a tad special.
Babe, I hope your case is not a classic story of "my pastor said"?
Because as I've observed the more religious a person becomes the less logic they apply to issues.

No, you were typing like peace is something you can't get when you lose it. So, I'm trying to let you know that if you have it in you and look at the right places, you can get it.

The funny thing is you're concentrating on the peace. Didn't you see other qualities I wrote there?

He gave me peace, I had beautiful memories with him. BUT I still had personal reasons to break up with him. I used peace because it is rarely obtainable in a worldly environment.

When you're in Christ there are no buts. Everything is perfect because I've submitted leadership to God.

Why do you sound bitter about virginity? Don't worry, I only used it to drive home my point.

You said I'm being superficial. If I have to be superficial to be confident of my life and the expected end God has promised me, then yes, I'll remain superficial for life.

I have seen God's hand in my life, and like Oliver Twist, I want more. And I'll prefer to be in right standing with God to be able to access the promises and blessings.

If you have chosen to put your trust in man, that's your problem, but don't try to force your limiting beliefs on someone else.

It's the last time I'm replying to you.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by angelfallz(m): 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
Deeminaj:
No,jst my legs
Nawa for your guy oh. Please don't mind him
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nooil:

No, you were talking like peace is something you can't get when you lose it. So, I'm trying to let you know that if you have it in you and look at the right places, you can get it.

He gave me peace, I had beautiful memories with him. BUT I still had personal reasons to break up with him.

When you're in Christ there are no buts. Everything is perfect because I've submitted leadership to God.

Why do you sound bitter about virginity? Don't worry, I only used it to drive home my point.

You said I'm being superficial. If I have to be superficial to be confident of my life and the expected end God has promised me, then yes, I'll remain superficial for life.

I have seen God's hand in my life, and like Oliver Twist, I want more. And I'll prefer to be in right standing with God to be able to access the promises and blessings.

If you have chosen to put your trust in man, that's your problem, but don't try to force your limiting beliefs on someone else.

It's the last time I'm replying to you.
Aunty, you haven't made a point yet.
Your mention of peace is what got my attention.
Peace is peace. Satan doesn't give peace. What I see is a religious young lady, a bit overzealous and quite extreme.
You still wonder whether you made the right choice in choosing to leave him. That there, is a sign.
Then you choose to console yourself that it's worth it. But every now and then you keep second guessing your choice.
Girl, you aren't even sure of yourself.
That's what religion does to you. It makes you question your logic at every point.
God gave you common sense, He did well. Yet you can't even appreciate him by making full use of the power of choice without running to daddy mummy in Christ.
When a person is good for you, you'd know deep within you. It's up to you to imagine the nonexistent skeletons in the shadows and break off a beautiful thing.
I hope you don't fall into the hands of holy brothers in Christ who will give you unrest.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Equity15(m): 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
franchasng:
Don't doubt it. Another supporting proof that life is predestined is this: did you had a say as to the country or family you were born No child have a say on where they will be born, if they do, there won't be any other childbirth in West African countries.

And let me tell you, life's success, breakthrough, being rich, being wealthy or poor has nothing or little to do with hardwork, even the Holy book of Bible supported this when it said: the race is not for the swift nor for the strong, neither is it for the wise, but of God that showeth mercy.

and if you look around you or even Nigeria as a whole, you will see the above statement in action. If the race was for the wise or the smart, will Muhammadu Buhari be Nigeria's President

Even the intelligent people can't tell how and why they are intelligent and smarter than others, they just have it in them from birth....that dull little boy that finds it hard to comprehend the teacher's lesson, do you think it is his fault or he or she don't wish and try to be the smartest kid in class

Humans are wired to follow a script, and there is nothing anybody can do about it. If it is destiny for America to fall, when the time comes, every life indices will be working against America till they crumble!!

Britain or UK used to be one of the strongest nations conquering all parts of the world and colonizing them, but today they are struggling to hold their own.

Italy and Greece were also world powers, but there was a point Greece couldn't afford to fund national projects and even salaries. Italy is struggling today.

If you believe life is not predestined or you believe in scientists knowing it all, then tell me why Albert Einstein who happens to be my mentor in the past couldn't tell how he would die.....he died trying to murmur a nuclear physics theory he was working on, but he died with it.

Each humans have a predestined end....how he or she will die....some by accident, pestilence, natural disaster, war, communal crises, epidemic like Ebola, Coronavirus, in their sleep, in combat, in crime scene, long illness, terminal disease, childbirth, fire accident, drowning, poison, mishap, voodoo attack, etc.....you can only appeal for some of your human scripts to be changed and if it pleases the director and producer of human script to listen to your appeal, it will be done, but if the producer is not pleased, it will not be accepted, and that brings about the issue of answered prayers and no answered prayers.

Humans kind of know about predestined life, and that is why humans try to connect to the spiritual realm to seek and appeal for change in their negative script roles, and sometimes their roles get changed, while most times it doesn't.
nice point. but I don't think everything is predestined. there are some things we can dictate how they go. that's why God gave us brains and other parts of the body. well, thanks for the enlightenment. I love the film and producer scenario you painted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Deeminaj(f): 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
angelfallz:

Nawa for your guy oh. Please don't mind him
Am done with him,we are just casual friends now.My current bf doest even say anything about it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Yujin(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Oh, now I get you & you're not too far off in your observation, TBH. Yes, we do like amapantsula (tsotsis) or guys with a kasi vibe, because it's what we're used to. I'd say it's a "cultural thing" because almost all the guys are like that when they're much younger. Some grow out of it though, but some don't. In fact, my very 1st boyfriend was a typical, okapi-carrying township guy or a tsotsi, if you will tongue My own father still has that kind of a thing in him to date. He carries an okapi like most people do over here, but I think it's out of habit for him than anything else lol. We're Africans, our forefathers were warriors & walked around with spears, ready to defend themselves. I think South Africans never quite outgrew that because of our history & whatnot. We like a little air of danger grin

Lol, I disagree with you a bit on the commitment part because when we do commit, we commit truly. I can only speak for myself of course.

Lol. It's good you agreed with my observation. One thing I'll say again is commitment. It's very difficult over there irrespective of the abundance of love you may have for your man. You know what I'm talking about.
Lastly, I think your men understand you better. I got used to seeing a guy brutalizing a girl without interfering because I- a helper might end up being a victim of both partners. It's just unfortunate that they end up killing the ladies with reckless abandon. Tough love I'd say.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Divay22(f): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Homeboiy:

Na game we de play

Gf wey be say e no ft call her bf for phone na gf

Its over 2 wks we saw last

Anyday she come my house ,na that day she be my gf
Lol. Now i see grin
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by franchasng: 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Equity15:
nice point. but I don't think everything is predestined. there are some things we can dictate how they go. that's why God gave us brains and other parts of the body. well, thanks for the enlightenment. I love the film and producer scenario you painted.
just as in a movie too, actor can change the way he acts his role but he must perform the role but maybe in different approach, and only big and established actors have the freedom to do that, just as in football too where the best team player is given free role to switch wings but ensures he delivers according to the team manager's original game plan.

You are welcome cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Homeboiy: 2:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
Divay22:
Lol. Now i see grin

So na wetin I de do na em I talk

U be esan?
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Wickedfacts: 3:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
GMbuharii:

You resigned from paid employment to face your business of monitoring world Igbo affairs,huh? grin

@bolded,
No wonder you have that "declaration" on your profile

grin grin
Lzaa immhotep come and see what okoyibo yaff turned into grin

It was a good move. Today, the money I spend on diesel in a month is more than the money used to marry your mother.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
keenn:

What if he is braver, tall and lively but with no good paying job, what you say?

Relationships are more than just those things. I guess it would then depend if there's a spark.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yujin:

Lol. It's good you agreed with my observation. One thing I'll say again is commitment. It's very difficult over there irrespective of the abundance of love you may have for your man. You know what I'm talking about.
Lastly, I think your men understand you better. I got used to seeing a guy brutalizing a girl without interfering because I- a helper might end up being a victim of both partners. It's just unfortunate that they end up killing the ladies with reckless abandon. Tough love I'd say.

Lol, what kind of women did you associate with? I honestly don't think it's that hard when you meet the right person.

Hmmmm...
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by LZAA: 3:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wickedfacts:

It was a good move. Today, the money I spend on diesel in a month is more than the money used to marry your mother.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by tushbobo(m): 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
XhosaNostra:
We weren't really dating, just getting to know each other, but I was still unsure about him [b]because he was short & kind of boring. [/b]He was eligible in every other aspect though- educated, extremely intelligent, good paying job, nice flat, a great cook etc. What made up my mind about him was something I'm sure many people wouldn't consider such a big deal. I found him a little cowardly lol. He was scared of dogs. He actually shrieked when two little ones were coming at us! I was like, um okay, no, he's not for me. I like guys with a bit devil may care in them, not one that screams like a banshee.

Your subconscious had already rejected him because he was short and and kind of boring. This controlled everything and a conscious and logical reason was required to end it all...
If he was tall and interesting the dog scare would have been laughed off by both of you while holding hands. That's how the brain works.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
Chi59:

You're countering yourself.
You dated a guy who gave you peace.
People who are really in Christ give peace.
Do you see you've not made a point?
And what's so special about being a virgin anyway? I am. And[b] I don't feel a tad special[/b].
Babe, I hope your case is not a classic story of "my pastor said"?
Because as I've observed the more religious a person becomes the less logic they apply to issues.

Do you understand the magnitude of what it means to remain chaste until marriage? Refraining and denying yourself this youthful exuberance and not giving in to the pressure ?
Unless you're battling character deficiency, you're a very special woman. You should be proud of yourself.
I met my wife of 5 years as a virgin, a 28yr old at that time . The joy it gives each time i remember i am her first knows no bound and i made a promise to myself and my God never to lay any other woman aside my wife till my daughter lay me down to meet my maker.
May God forgive me, i don teach her bad bad bedroom skills though grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Yujin(m): 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Lol, what kind of women did you associate with? I honestly don't think it's that hard when you meet the right person.

Hmmmm...
Lol. I'm very observant and analytical. I see the big picture and for SA, it's a big problem. The family system has been so distorted that I fear for the future.
Forgive my dwelling on your story. The world is changing fast and very few countries are immuned to the effect. I wonder if marriage will still be fashionable in 20yrs from now.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Skmoda360(m): 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bblessing37:
Dude just came up one day and told me he needed space.after everything I did for him. Go over to his place every weekends ,to cook, clean and , wash for him ,even assisted him with cash times without numbers,when he had non. I almost commmited sucide when he told me it was over between us.cus I was so much in love with him . Guess he was just using me, and never loved me. Heart breaks are painful sha. I had to pick up my broken pieces and move on.. I wish him good lucks. But I know he will never find a woman like me.
how will you know he is not gonna find another woman like you undecided
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Exodora: 3:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
merahki:

Make me understand this
How was he amazing then?
You know the thing about girl's .
He is tall , handsome and have a nice psyche. But mind you ,he was madly in love with me #his actions#, but can't take his eyes off women.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Exodora: 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
omotola90:
...cheated...
Explain please .
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Exodora: 3:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
franchasng:
no time to check time at all grin grin
Hmmmm , somethings can just mute you.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Wickedfacts: 3:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
LZAA:

Nna, be touching people anyhow, inugo? It's like you wan hug Coronavirus.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Exodora: 3:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

U couldn't give him hot sex, the one who could stole him from you
Really !
You really think all this matter in a relationship . Let me tell you what will be will be.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by lizychimamanda(f): 3:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
AfroKnight:

My fren, both of you dated each other for 10 years. Nothing like you gave him 10 years.
lol...
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
tushbobo:

Your subconscious had already rejected him because he was short and and kind of boring. This controlled everything and a conscious and logical reason was required to end it all...
If he was tall and interesting the dog scare would have been laughed off by both of you while holding hands. That's how the brain works.

Perhaps. Yanno, sometimes no matter how good on paper a person is, he or she cannot be everyone's cup of tea. He's with someone else now & I'm sure he's perfect for her. After all, he's a great catch & has his shìt together.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Divay22(f): 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
Homeboiy:

So na wetin I de do na em I talk

U be esan?
Nah
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yujin:

Lol. I'm very observant and analytical. I see the big picture and for SA, it's a big problem. The family system has been so distorted that I fear for the future.
Forgive my dwelling on your story. The world is changing fast and very few countries are immuned to the effect. I wonder if marriage will still be fashionable in 20yrs from now.

Hmmmm... I honestly never thought we were commitment phobes lol. That's news to me, but I'm not going to argue with your perception.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by biggy26: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ekehwinz:
My babe said that I'm a distraction to her spiritual life. She called off our relationship of 3years.
Meaning you were not comporting yourself properly whenever you were together and it was draining her spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by berbs: 4:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ishilove:

My stowee is: he was hot headed and immature, I was stubborn and immature. We broke up in a flurry of rage and when both our eyes cleared it was too late. cry

We are still friends though. He is the only one who hails me with a high pitched ''biaaaaatch!!'' and I reply with "your left nyaaaaaash!" cheesy

Kai, Freezle my love. grin

He told me: "Ishi, in my next life I will seek you out, and if we can't be lovers then, I will be your child."

Me too baby, me too... smiley

Awww!!! Hugs cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Many Memes For My Redpill Guys. Get In Here. / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple In School Uniform / Hausa Man Weds Oyinbo Bride. See Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.