Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? (68335 Views)

This Nigerian Lady Is Searching For A Regular Sex Partner And Companion / Girl Arrested For Calling Ex-boyfriend More Than 27,000 Times After Break Up / Is Break Up Sex Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by nengibo: 6:46am On Feb 29, 2020
Philomathhh:
Yes, I broke up with my boyfriend almost a year ago. He was the most amazing human I ever came across and still is. The reason why we broke up is still a bit vague to me (partly because, I was to leave the country and I felt he still had amazing years ahead of him), but I initiated it. I trusted him to the point that it never bothered me whenever he immediately snatches his phone from my hand; I never really had to bother about anything I find strange in his phone (not that I found any). He was loveable, caring, smart and the most handsome human I know.

After 4-5 months, we reconnected, and I have never that amount of pain in my life during the time we got talking. I was hurt that he wasn't mine anymore, and I could sense that he was hurt too. Each time we talk, I end up shedding a few drops of tears. I was almost acting like a maniac; stalking him on all his social media handles, connecting with the people that were his friends on social media, looking up each of his friend's bios, reading his diary on NL with the hope that he says he wants me back, or at least he misses me. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to express my emotions with him, and he never knew what I was going through at that point. I try to talk 'normal' and try to act like I care less about the whole situation. I was mad, I felt I was losing my mind and I had to see a psychologist. From what I got to learn from the psychologist, I realized that as long as we hold onto each other, as long as we are still in touch, we wouldn't give room for healing from the hurt. The psychologist said, "Sometimes, you meet the right person, it's just the wrong time." Sometimes the strongest thing you will ever do will be to let go of someone. It will be painful, you will suffer guilt, and you will second-guess yourself, but for your own sanity and quality of life, you just have to let go.

I had to delete his number and blocked him thinking I would heal, I was wrong. I'm sure he is over me now (I can tell from his diary), and I'm happy he's not hurting anymore (I remember him telling me how sad he becomes whenever I don't talk to him in a day, and instantly I became sad). The hardest part for me right now is getting along with any new guy. I have set him up as the standard; it's not like he had it all, but he was just perfect to me. Every guy I meet, I end up convincing myself that they aren't a quarter good like him. We are still pretty young, we've got a lot of years ahead of us. This phase for me might take long to fade off, but I hope that someday it gets to heal and I can meet someone who's half as good as the man I truly fell in love with.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated grin: Since we stop talking, "These days" has become my favorite song--"I hope someday, we'll sit down together and laugh with each other. About these days, these days."
Why are you gay

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by franchasng: 6:48am On Feb 29, 2020
Divay22:

Small small dey lie na undecided
don't doubt him, 90% or more of men don't love any woman till they die, their only true love is mostly their mother, and then maybe their daughter.

Most times what guys misunderstand as being in love is being in lust or being in need of emotional food called sex. Sex is love to men or let me say majority of men, whereas care (spending on them, providing their needs) is love to ladies. So don't argue a guy that tells you he hasn't loved any girl because truly many guys haven't and even married men cry

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by ubumoh(m): 6:50am On Feb 29, 2020
So u have tendency of cheating.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 29, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

He needed sex I guess while u didn't want same

Lol, nairaland guys like gist sha.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:51am On Feb 29, 2020
Ishilove:

My stowee is: he was hot headed and immature, I was stubborn and immature. We broke up in a flurry of rage and when both our eyes cleared it was too late. cry

We are still friends though. He is the only one who hails me with a high pitched ''biaaaaatch!!'' and I reply with "your left nyaaaaaash!" cheesy

Kai, Freezle my love. grin

He told me: "Ishi, in my next life I will seek you out, and if we can't be lovers then, I will be your child."

Me too baby, me too... smiley

HUH?!?!?!?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by JubrinElSudan: 6:52am On Feb 29, 2020
Authority717:

Lol...what's the balance now?
I don't understand
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by ubumoh(m): 6:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Kiddogarcia:
the way she was supporting maryam sanda during her trail was frightening. she kept blaming the husband for cheating.the thought of her words couldn't stop echoing in my head,I just had to let go of a very good girl
so u have tendency of cheating.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Yujin(m): 6:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
He's not ready to get married, till 2 years time, I don't know if I'll still be available then, I offered to wait for him, he said no that what if he disappoints me at the end or I do too, we don't see often though in the same state cos he's busy and I'm busy, I like to bring up issues just to get his attention and when everything's seems boring, his bp rises when we have issues, same with mine, we hate each other when we fight but refused to let go, when we are together its all mushy mushy and love, but when on phone or chats, we fight every 2 to 3 days, with me being the instigator most times,

We are still together, more like a situationship, cos it feels like there is this need for us to be together, like a magnet or something......
I'd have not believed this if I've not witnessed this... My conclusion on such is that you are(the lady) is crazy. Lol
Life's indeed complex.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Yujin(m): 6:57am On Feb 29, 2020
franchasng:
don't doubt him, 90% or more of men don't love any woman till they die, their only true love is mostly their mother, and then maybe their daughter.

Most times what guys misunderstand as being in love is being in lust or being in need of emotional food called sex. Sex is love to men or let me say majority of men, whereas care (spending on them, providing their needs) is love to ladies. So don't argue a guy that tells you he hasn't loved any girl because truly many guys haven't and even married men cry
Certainly not true. Men do truly love.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 29, 2020
TolaniLuv:

I’m happy masculine men are coming to their senses now. Mental toughness is not about masculinity. It’s when you can control yourself under any situation.

A woman can do that as well. The question is, is there still that difference between a man and a woman? That masculinity that sets certain men apart?
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by dfrost: 7:03am On Feb 29, 2020
proclinician:

Lol relax.

Don't you think it is?

This is ridiculous.

That is unfair what you did. You could see that she is hurting inside. Haba? Even when she asked you if it's funny and you carried on. That's called cyber bullying.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by tabithababy(f): 7:04am On Feb 29, 2020
Bblessing37:
Dude just came up one day and told me he needed space.after everything I did for him. Go over to his place every weekends ,to cook, clean and , wash for him ,even assisted him with cash times without numbers,when he had non. I almost commmited sucide when he told me it was over between us.cus I was so much in love with him . Guess he was just using me, and never loved me. Heart breaks are painful sha. I had to pick up my broken pieces and move on.. I wish him good lucks. But I know he will never find a woman like me.

You love him More than he loves you

Giving a guy money,cooking his meals, washing his cloth, he will never value you, rather when he is done, he will dump you like a rag

Is he married to you already that you are doing all these

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Philomathhh(m): 7:04am On Feb 29, 2020
Why can't I be?
nengibo:

Why are you gay
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:05am On Feb 29, 2020
ubumoh:
so u have tendency of cheating.
don't judge me when you've not met me,I might,I might not.but the way she was supporting maryam was an eye opener, I started seeing the huge imperfection in her

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by allen113: 7:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Ekehwinz:
My babe said that I'm a distraction to her spiritual life. She called off our relationship of 3years.

Omo dis one strong.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Facidio: 7:10am On Feb 29, 2020
Not that I really loved her cos she initiated the relationship and we were kinda dating, she was ready to do anything in this world for me just to make me happy cos her love for me was 90 percent of the whole love while I have the remaining 10%. But I was warned about her on 3 different occasions that she was sent to destroy my destiny. The last time was by my mother in a dream in a hot afternoon..... The only time I have ever seen my mother in a dream. And I broke up with her..... She became so buttered about me... Although we still bleeped ones 3 years after the breakup but she's not been very happy with me even up till now 10years after breakup

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by bogdaddy(m): 7:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Bad guy
OmoAlakija:
Because I fckd her in the a*ss while she was sleeping
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by bluefilm: 7:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
yea had to leave a girl when she said no sex before marriage, but came to me in tears about her incomplete school fees....that she needed 80k to complete it....and i told her to take 200 airtime and call her dad/mom.

Sir, You are the best!!!

Respect!!!

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by bogdaddy(m): 7:18am On Feb 29, 2020
Bros Na so you dodge stray bullet as you no get bullet proof
Kiddogarcia:
the way she was supporting maryam sanda during her trail was frightening. she kept blaming the husband for cheating.the thought of her words couldn't stop echoing in my head,I just had to let go of a very good girl
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by nengibo: 7:21am On Feb 29, 2020
Philomathhh:
Why can't I be?
Same reason it's wrong to be a pedophile
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by bogdaddy(m): 7:21am On Feb 29, 2020
Bros no worry all Ella Na coded olosho
rex444:
awwww my petite ...Ella...with bubble butt that can kii d world...madt to d core and very smart ... but I told her no lies before we started dating ....3 years after she started to tell stories that don't add up...started putting some calls on silent ...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 29, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Codes151(m): 7:22am On Feb 29, 2020
I gave a family friend a ride. She accused of of stuffs, cursed, called me all sorts and I didn’t reply back. Till today.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by bogdaddy(m): 7:25am On Feb 29, 2020
Bros pass me her number I no get wetin I Dey use money do abeg
A305:
Early this year, I met Sandra (Fictitious name) on IG , we flowed well, went on a date and every thing seems great - she's so beautiful with curves, big boo bs, curvy big butt just like I love them, well read and adventurous.

She respects me being Atheist even though she's hardcore MFM member- she works and earns, she's quite a fashionista.

On the third day after our date and beginning of a new relationship - I had to call her up to break up because she was a high maintenance chick, insecure and isn't as intelligent to satisfactory personally.

She asked me - "A305, Did I ask you for any money yet for you to say am a high maintenance chick?"

I replied - "Nope! But it will happen in the future"

Her - "So you mean I will make you broke?"

Me - "I don't even have money to start with and not ready for a relationship now" and hung up.

Babe be posting break up lines on WhatsApp status like .....All I want is you but you causing me chestache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Telemon(m): 7:26am On Feb 29, 2020
There is this girl I meet while in school she is a great woman.but sadly I had to let her go because her crave for attention and love I can't give.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by rex444(m): 7:28am On Feb 29, 2020
bogdaddy:
Bros no worry all Ella Na coded olosho
hehehehehehehe......nah am not worried ...it was quite a memorable experience and no , she's not coded olosho
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by BluntBlunt: 7:29am On Feb 29, 2020
The one I let get away. I regret it sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Homeboiy: 7:29am On Feb 29, 2020
Divay22:
Small small dey lie na undecided

Everybody na small boy to u.
Faceless forum don give u mind to talk na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by Yemhey(m): 7:33am On Feb 29, 2020
Ade24682:
She was way older. I swear I could have made her my wife.

On the same page bro
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by dfrost: 7:36am On Feb 29, 2020
Exodora:

You think is funny

Exodora sorry about your experience.
Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by gracegirl19: 7:37am On Feb 29, 2020
sassiemyk:
Yes. Genotype incompatibilities. We were both AS. Havent recovered till date though she's married now and I'm still finding it difficult to do same myself
No break up is as painful as genotype incompatibility .
I am currently in that dilemma right now,in a new relationship but my mind screams and go back to my ex

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had To Break Up With An Amazing Partner And Why? by okpalaAnambra: 7:38am On Feb 29, 2020
Nooil:

Lol, nairaland guys like gist sha.
Hahahahaha...what else could he be asking for that could make u go away from God..u think am naw cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Willingly Gives Her Body To Handsome Guy, Offers To Be His Side Chic / What My Neighbour Did To Me Because I Did Not Ask Her Out After Giving Me Signal / Many Memes For My Redpill Guys. Get In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.