Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Life In Oman? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Oman? (29917 Views)

......is There Any Nigerians In Oman? / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Please I Really Need A Working Visa To Kuwait,oman,bahrian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Oman? by suxes2005(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2010
Any Nigerian in Oman?

Let's discuss life in oman

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Life In Oman? by iz2much: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2010
o boy!!!!
Re: Life In Oman? by oyewolejos(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2010
Terrorist country
Re: Life In Oman? by worry246(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2010
Not terrorist country
Just strict Muslim country with their own laws.
If you go there & break their laws then be ready to take their punishments!!!!
If you cut a thiefs hand off it stops him thieving again.
Some very rich people & lots of poor people.
Not a good place for Nigerian hussler.
Black man will stand out & easy for police to find.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2005(m): 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2010
my friend studies there and he told me some stuffs about
Oman but i aint convinced thats why i'm asking here

more inputs are welcome especially from people living
there right now

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by jikings(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
I spent 6 months in Oman on a work posting. Its a very beautiful country, quite reserved and around 95% moslems. There is a huge indian migrant workers presence in the country and a few africans aswell. But u don't stand otu as a black man as more than 30% of the omani's have some form of african heritage. Read up Omani links with Tanzania. Its not a destination for Nigerian hustlers as there is very little to do and earn money except u work in the oil industry, mdeical line or study. There is only one university in the country Sultan Quaboos and free for locals. Christains are free to practise thier religion and there are churches as well but its "DEAD" socially and most people hang out in Dubai which is 4-5hours drive from muscat on weekends. Hope this helps.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Oman? by philip0906(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
oman?

1 Like

Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 1:01am On Dec 22, 2010
jikings sure it does

more inputs needed

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
Please let others that knows about Oman come
and contribute to this thread.

@all, kindly educate peeps also about Moldova

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by WARYZ(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2011
suxes2005:

my friend studies there and he told me some stuffs about
Oman but i aint convinced thats why i'm asking here

more inputs are welcome especially from people living
there right now

SHALOM
hey suxer where av u been,we av msd u in d usa student visa trend.
Tll us wat ur frnd tld u nd other pple will cment if its true or not,cuz pple dmt realy live their so how ar they supose tn knw wat u tlkin abt,O.K?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 8:13am On Jan 14, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
Bruv, i'm gud ooo
Seun and his Nl spam bot has
been banning me all this while so i'm
tired,

Wud soon come to the usa student visa thread

my friend told me that there is job for students
there which i am yet to believe.

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by tpia6: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Life In Oman? by worry246(m): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2011
Oman
Is paradise for some people.
If you go with job already organised with multinational co.
If you have lots of money to spend or invest.
Also better to be muslim.

However there is no place for area boy truk pusher going to do HUSSLE, YahooYahoo or DRUGS.
Justice is swift and harsh for poor boys in arab countries.
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
good information

i still need to hear from the people
living there right now

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by tpia6: 1:27am On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^
where em dey now?

SHALOM
Re: Life In Oman? by feasy1(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2011
suxes, still want more info??
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2011
yup

1 Like

Re: Life In Oman? by wanaj0: 1:04am On Dec 07, 2011
Not sure the info you wanted.

Oman is a small country with about 5m population with close to half of that as immigrants (Indians, Philippinos etc). The southern part do have long history of relationship with Africa (Zanzibar). Most of them still have homes there and still go home for vacation.

Oman is like a desert land with just about 2 major cities. Muscat and Salala are the popular ones. You will be lucky to have rainfall twice a year in Muscat. Not that much to do in Muscat apart from going to Ruwi for shopping. Most people actually go to Dubai (4hrs drive or 1hr flight from Muscat). You have a few Nigerians working in the Sultan Qaboos University and Hospital. Most are however in the Oil Industry. The Omani Rial is a strong currency. Oman is not a place to hustle because as a black man you stand out.

BTW, Oman can be VERY HOT even though Muscat is by the coast lol

So what other info do you need?

5 Likes

Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 9:53am On Dec 07, 2011
thanks, those ones will do
much about hustling and i hope people
will also learn about that

Aal Izz Well
Re: Life In Oman? by wanaj0: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2011
suxes2006:

thanks, those ones will do
much about hustling and i hope people
will also learn about that

Aal Izz Well

Difficult to survive 'hustling' in any organised environment especially in a place where blacks will stand out! Oman is damn too small to think of doing that. Don't doubt that some of the Indians/Phillipinos may be illegals but they are left doing house maid work.
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2011
Thanks
Re: Life In Oman? by DAY12(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
^ Can we chat on MSN rite now.

Its urgent.
Re: Life In Oman? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2011
Oman is the most moderate muslim/arab/gulf country i have been to. i have been privilleged to be working there now for over one year with a multinational oil company. the people are very friendly but dont step on their religion. life in oman seem to be shifting from the more moderate islam to an ultra mordernized setting with a lot of younger generation striving to be open or westernized.
Indians mostly, and other poor asian minority call the shots there. the country has a population of approximately 2.9 million but indians and foreigner make up to 1.5million. They have a very progressive sultan that has really improved the living standards and he is loved by the people overwhelmingly. all the churches in the country are in a place or one area. the people are very accomodating or hospitable owing to their long strings with african (trans sahara trade) tanzanians, kenya and burundi. you'll sure enjoy the place if you are sane, but dont think of hustling oo.
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^

Tnx for that. Hustling to me is geting a good job in a foreign country
with a good pay and nice conditions attached to it, hope you are enjoying
your stay there?

Aal Izz Well
Re: Life In Oman? by 27naira(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2011
suxes2006:

^^^^

Tnx for that. Hustling to me is geting a good job in a foreign country
with a good pay and nice conditions attached to it, hope you are enjoying
your stay there?

Aal Izz Well

Bros, getting a good job in a foreign country has become very competitive. I am not trying to paint a dim picture but you need to have competitive education and quality work experience. I work in the gulf region with one of the National Oil Companies so i know what am saying.
I will advice you to seek for a job from "outside" the shores of Oman. This will give you an expertriate status. However, if you go to Oman or wherever and start running around with a Bachelor degree certificate from Nigeria looking for something to do, you might end up miserable. Package yourself well then you'll make it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Thanks alot my brother. Actually, I once thought of going there
but stopped the idea, I'm not a school type so aint got no certificate at all.

I'm an internet marketer and any country i live in with fast and durable internet
service will help me. I hope others willing to go Oman will learn from this.

9JA CERT AINT GOT NO POWER!!!!!!

Aal Izz Well
Re: Life In Oman? by bolame: 12:32am On Dec 13, 2011
Wat!! life in oman, okay what about life in abule egba.
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2006(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^

Go ask them at home

3 Likes

Re: Life In Oman? by olorunshola02(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2013
am an Nd holder in computer engineering. Pls can get any job in oman 4 me 2 go 2 schl in their university
Re: Life In Oman? by suxes2005(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2013
olorunshola02: am an Nd holder in computer engineering. Pls can get any job in oman 4 me 2 go 2 schl in their university

It will be better you research online yoursself.

Sheyi
Re: Life In Oman? by kpompey: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please,I need ur assistance urgently,am a graduate of mechanical engrg from a foremost university in Nigeria,graduatin with a very good cgpa that earns me a full tuition + stipends scholarship at d prestigious sultan qaboos university.Hweva,prior to this scholarship I had another scholarship offer from a leading university in saudi-arabia.I intend to move my fiancee down in 3 mnths of joining any of dis university but b4 takin my decisions,I will like to know d likely prospects in this two economy afta my m.sc graduation and for Nigerians residing in this part,please advice on where to go,saudi or oman.Thanx as I await ur contribution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? / Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria / Luggage Above N50,000 Attract Duties - Customs Reminds Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.