Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! (67008 Views)

How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents / You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by ikorodureporta: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
Face masks, hand sanitizers sold out in Lagos following Coronavirus scare

Face masks, hand sanitizers and head masks are now scarce in most supermarkets and pharmacy shops in Lagos state as the Nigerian government on Friday confirmed the first Coronavirus case in the state.

A visit to most pharmacy shops and supermarkets on Lagos mainland areas such as Surulere, Ikeja, Agege and Ogba by our reporters on Friday shows that the products were bought off the shelfs early Friday morning by residents in the respective areas. When our reporters visited major marts such as Shoprite, Spar, Medplus, Healthrite – all located in Adeniran Ogunsanya Mall in Surulere area of the state, none has hand sanitizer and facemask as early as 9:47am today.

A shop attendant at the mall, who craved anonymity, told our reporters that people came in as early as 8am when the mall opened and bought off every sanitizers and masks available.

A Pharmacist at D2 Pharmacy and Supermarts located off Akilo Road in Ogba also confided in Daily Trust that the products were all bought off shelf this morning around 11:00am when our reporters visited. “We have notified our head office to get more supplies of the products from their manufacturers so as to make them available to residents. You can drop your contact so I can call you whenever we have new supplies of the products,” the attendant told one of our reporters.

Other major supermarkets and pharmacy stores visited in Ikeja and Agege areas of the state no longer have the products in stock as well. However, our reporters observed that most Lagos residents now go about their daily activities with hand sanitizers and few wore face masks, just as they try to avoid crowd contacts in most areas visited today. Don’t panic! Debunking eleven myths about Coronavirus Our reporters also observed that some private schools, offices and restaurants, among others are also ensuring both staff and visitors get their hands sanitized before gaining entrance. Some restaurants have gone as far as creating hand washing and sanitizing corner, all in a bid to be safe from being infected. Some residents have also been sighted with hand gloves and nose masks as they continue to live in fear of contracting the disease.

Meanwhile the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has assured Nigerians, that with appropriate information, treatment and precautions, Nigeria will beat COVID19 like Ebola.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/face-masks-hand-sanitizers-sold-out-in-lagos-following-coronavirus-scare.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by ikorodureporta: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2020
God airpuss

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lol

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by barbstee(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
As expected
This is getting serious

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Gwagone: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Wakanda thing is this?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by chiiraq802(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nigerians are the worst set of people on earth, instead of them to normalize the price or even reduce it self, so that everyone can afford it...Dem don cari the price high...
Like say no be person weh dey alive dey buy market...#useless Country angry

577 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by deltateam: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2020
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by pocohantas(f): 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Why are Nigerians more reactive than proactive?

I always have my hand sanitizer, because of those customers that will want to shake someone with prick hand or hand they used to pick nose.

Once Nigeria is declared free, they go back to their old dirty ways.

218 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by ValCon888: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
I will keep saying it.

What the government should have done is to put people coming from high risk countries like South Korea, Iran, and Italy under automatic quarantine.

The Coronavirus is a virus that can spread even during the incubation period. This means, a person may not show symptoms but can still spread the disease.

Incompetence will not kill us in this country.

273 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by weblord1900: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
I heard the Chinese are also buying it from Nigeria shipping it back to China too embarassed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Uyi168: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by shogsman(m): 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
I don't know how a sane person can find this situation funny,are our youths that stupid really.

14 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by TheChameleon: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
cool

Ladies and Gentlemen. This is a true story.

This is how i stopped the spread of Koroma-18 in 1984, the precursor of Coronavirus -19.

Jean Claude Koroma was a West African despot who had ruled for over 25 years.

His grandfather was leader for 7 years, his dad 15 and it already seemed like a geometric progression....

His people were tired of his Gospel laced speeches and they asked for their blessings on Earth rather than wait till Heaven cry

To quell a rebellion, he decided to reduce their population....

I had to step in and of course save the day.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Aturitoroman: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Dem don increase price
Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by theoneJabulani(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
If our government can't protect us, we will protect ourselves. How I will be on the lookout for anyone that say he is from abroad

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
How can Face Mask be increased from 750 to 15k

Like WTF is wrong with Nigerians

Always want to extort hugely from people with any slight opportunity. everything is just wrong in this country. I'm tired!

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by itsme01: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
cool

They simply took it off shelf to later reintroduce it for an higher price abi no be Nigeria again ... create artificial scarcity while your warehouse is fully loaded then bring the goods out when the price is atleast triple

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by CIOSYLVA(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Person that will catch it will catch it...

Nigerians too dey do there own things..

13 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Badmod: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good.
But this seems like a small store.
I've been avoiding my neighbor since he came back from work...
because say I hear say the italian man visit Saipem office in Ikoyi.
My neighbor works saipem for Dangote Refinery...we mostly have a brief chat almost every day after work...Even when He say make I come pack well,I just throw key to am say I busy...
The problem is... Tomorrow is Saturday and there's sunday also...almost no way to run from him on weekends.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by wizdomnzube(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Who one die? Make I go order my own face masks from China begin sell grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by smarttz(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Bukden16(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Aso Rock would've been better not Lagos for a start.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by iSage: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
As expected from the average Nigerians. They'll do anything to make profit. I'm sure it's the resellers that exhausted the supply in the malls.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by TheChameleon: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Renforce: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hmmm.... All will be well

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Slimdaddy2: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Obviously some people will take the advantage of what as befall us......market don come my aba boys don ship in container of mask and hand sanitizers

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by asapants: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Dollar don my rise my people.
'Buhari don close border'
Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Kobicove(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anyone who has those things in stock has 'hammered' grin

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by Jrevelation(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
After I don get infect with the virus am heading straight to police state

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by ainas247: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Fear will kee people faster than this virus in 9ja
Say no to fear.

Dominate Search Engine with your website
chat up and rank on Google first page

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! by safarigirl(f): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Fear kills faster than the actual disease

Why is everybody panicking? undecided

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.