Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient (42150 Views)

Tonye Cole: The Third Coronavirus Patient & I Were On The Same Flight / Coronavirus: Lagos, Ogun Identify 100 People Who Had Contact With Patient / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by candidbabe(f): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
B
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
This serious....God I know this stupid country won't escape it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
Oh GOD nd we are selling lafarge cement
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by JuanDeDios: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
Built2last:
As far back as April 2018. Bill Gate said a virus was coming.

How did he know

Bill Gates thinks a coming disease could kill 30 million people within 6 months -- and says we should prepare for it as we do for war https://www.businessinsider.com.au/bill-gates-warns-the-next-pandemic-disease-is-coming-2018-4
And he said it might NOT even be a flu. How did he NOT know? How 'bout you answer that one given your logic.
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Kubernetes: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
tot:
Hmm. It was Patrick Sawyer the other time, now Mr Italian.

Let's hope this is contained in good time.

I still remember late Sawyer who said he sneaked to NIGERIA because he knows Monrovia does not have medical facilities like Nigeria.
Still feeling sad for late Dr Mrs Davor,the doctor that treated Mr Sawyer.

1 Like

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Chyko0936: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
God save you people the government have failed us into your hands we commend our spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by EdidemLord(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
d
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Godwin2am(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
welcome covid-19 Epidemic affects every one regardless of your economic status. Even Iran Vice President has tested positive to Corona, Liberia top officials then also tested positive to Ebola.
So I’m positive corona will become history too, cos it’s this kinda situation the Nigeria Government really work for the people. Sooner or later, ministers & other government officials wouldn’t escape exposure. It’s time like this surprising measures are exploited & you wonder why can’t the government be this proactive on everything?
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Daffy007: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
You guys should keep them far from the public o. A word is enough.

Check my signature if you are looking for a side hustle or want to start earning money online. Good luck
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Reggaeboy: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
donprinyo:
Nigerians are totally foooocked. Government should declare state of emergency immediately. No more gathering. Everyone should start wearing dere protective gears asap. Else more victims shall be claimed

You make sense wink
But can government do that? cry cry
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by eneyoduke(m): 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
They said #Coronavirus came to Nigeria? Nigerian government please do the needful before it starts spreading. Lets copy from North Korea and kill the victim, before the victim kills Nigerians.
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Guestlander: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Built2last:

How did he know

Bill Gates thinks a coming disease could kill 30 million people within 6 months -- and says we should prepare for it as we do for war https://www.businessinsider.com.au/bill-gates-warns-the-next-pandemic-disease-is-coming-2018-4

Can you remember what the computer looked like before windows? How did you think he came about that? It's called forward thinking.

1 Like

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by SavageMaster: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
cjudy:
grin

Are you sure you have gotten all of them because from analysis, the Uber driver would have get in contact with over 30 passengers already and even the 30 passengers might have got in contact with atleast 5 contact each excluding family members.

The mistakes happened at that airport.
I blame the useless government for this.

We're waiting for this government to blame Jonathan's government

1 Like

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Eteka1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
cjudy:
grin

Are you sure you have gotten all of them because from analysis, the Uber driver would have get in contact with over 30 passengers already and even the 30 passengers might have got in contact with atleast 5 contact each excluding family members.

Corona virus has currently spread to over 30 countries including the US, UAE, UK, France, Germany, Italy etc etc and we have thousands of passengers arriving the airport's of Nigeria from these countries everyday.

The screening done at the airports is basically checking body temperature (fever) and other symptoms. Anyone without these symptoms are allowed through as you cannot quarantine them.

This guy came in on the 24th without any symptoms and passed through screening. The symptoms started on the 25th around 4 - 5 pm while he was at Ogun state. Thankfully it was swiftly and professionally handled.

3 Likes

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by XklusivGistBlog(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
angry

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Crookesmore: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2020
cjudy:
grin

Naa why they said read read and read

Like most Nigerians you dont understand how this thing dy work

So for the uber driver. He cannot infect anyone yet bcause the thing still dy possibly incubate for hm body. He can only infect after 14-24days depending in his own incubation period

So lets say italian man infect uber driver, lafarge gateman, lafarge driver... if all this 3 ppl can be isolated before the thing incubate finish for dm body.. them the virus is stopped.

This is why you can see a downward trend in chinas infection rate.

Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Ayo8(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
donprinyo:
Nigerians are totally foooocked. Government should declare state of emergency immediately. No more gathering. Everyone should start wearing dere protective gears asap. Else more victims shall be claimed

''Our fathers in the lord'' won't like this @bolded
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by ernieboy(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
osamz007:
Good one shaa

But this Government MuMu oo, other countries been dey close their borders but our country no gree
With the kind nonsense leaders wey we get
if na to close border against foreign rise now, nobody go tell them say make them do am.
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by 2sexycom(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
cjudy:
grin

Uber drive is a hoax... and that uber guy needs serious beating.

1 Like

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by ernieboy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Godwin2am:
welcome covid-19 Epidemic affects every one regardless of your economic status. Even Iran Vice President has tested positive to Corona, Liberia top officials then also tested positive to Ebola.
So I’m positive corona will become history too, cos it’s this kinda situation the Nigeria Government really work for the people. Sooner or later, ministers & other government officials wouldn’t escape exposure. It’s time like this surprising measures are exploited & you wonder why can’t the government be this proactive on everything?
that is u are assuming they have the capacity to contain the virus, even more technologically advanced countries are struggling to contain the virus, let's just pray that God helps us and the virus does not become widespread.
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by dazzlingd(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
olaboy33:
The way we revere foreigners in this country regardless of our well being is really alarming and this is just one of its consequence.

Same way one Patrick Sawyer brought Ebola into the country in 2014.

May Patrick Sawyer never rest in peace....
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Darvel(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
Built2last:

How did he know

Baba Ogbon.. The most wise..

We don hear.. So wetin the quote wan do for the matter now
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by CSTR2: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
When you elect dimwits like buhari into power, it may cost you your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Adebowalay(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
NIGERIA'S CALL OBEY... FOOLISH NATIONAL ANTHEM...NOW E DON TURN KASALA...OUR BASTARD LEADERS DON KILL US NOW... ALWAYS ACTUALLY NAIVELY AND SARCASTICALLY... HERE WE ARE.. E DON REEDDDDD
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by CSTR2: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
The virus is airborne transmitted.
This is a more serious case than Ebola. It contaminates the air you breathe.

The only thing we should praying for is that the man did not infect too many people.

If not, you are all fucvked

Buhari would be the first to flee this country.
Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by Wasky101: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2020
cjudy:
grin

How is it government's fault, u did not hear that sometimes people don't exhibit symptoms.
U should be able to interpret that

1 Like

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Crookesmore:

Naa why they said read read and read

Like most Nigerians you dont understand how this thing dy work

So for the uber driver. He cannot infect anyone yet bcause the thing still dy possibly incubate for hm body. He can only infect after 14-24days depending in his own incubation period

So lets say italian man infect uber driver, lafarge gateman, lafarge driver... if all this 3 ppl can be isolated before the thing incubate finish for dm body.. them the virus is stopped.

This is why you can see a downward trend in chinas infection rate.
Peace.

i suggest you educate yourself about the virus so you dont claim lies online.... people are infectious during incubation period AND people can still test negative to the virus and infect others....so technically, incubation time is irrelevant. here educate yourself on this great story from infected people in China:

The Chinese woman tested positive for the virus, but never got sick
The 20-year-old woman in the new case study lives in Wuhan – the city where the outbreak started – but travelled to Anyang on January 10. Three days later, she went with five family members to visit a sick patient (who did not have the coronavirus) at the Anyang District Hospital.

On January 17, one of the woman's family members came down with a fever and sore throat. The following week, the other four relatives developed a fever and respiratory symptoms. Those relatives were admitted to the Fifth People's Hospital on January 26.

All of the family members tested positive for the coronavirus. The only person they'd had contact with who had been in Wuhan was their 20-year-old relative.

When doctors initially tested the young woman for the coronavirus, the results came back negative. Her CT scan was normal, too. But a day later, she tested positive for the virus even though she wasn't showing any symptoms. By February 11, the woman still had no fever, cough, sore throat, or gastrointestinal issues.

www.sciencealert.com/researchers-confirmed-patients-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-without-showing-symptoms

what the above tells you:
A) you can test NEGATIVE for the virus and still infect others.
B) you can show no symptoms whatsoever and still infect other.
C) within 4 days of being infected, a person can show symptoms of the virus (fever/sore throat) thus infect others

5 Likes

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by hilfinity(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
jirehUB:
I feel this issue is more important than what I want to say.., but I will say it anyways.

THE POSTER ABOVE ME...
You don't know what you have done
It's been ten good years of trying to be the FTC.
but just when I thought I had broken the jinx, you came from nowhere and shattered it.

I promise you one thing this night..

NAH CHILLED BOTTLE OF GOLDBERG GO SOLVE AM.
Tiger Bar here I come.

Make I laugh small jare take ease d tension this covid-19 Don cause o grin

Nice humour bro..

Na face mask, hand gloves n sanitizers on point 4me by 2mao ooo...

We shall survive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lafarge: We’ve Identified Those Who Had Contact With Coronavirus Patient by tot(f): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Kubernetes:

I still remember late Sawyer who said he sneaked to NIGERIA because he knows Monrovia does not have medical facilities like Nigeria.
Still feeling sad for late Dr Mrs Davor,the doctor that treated Mr Sawyer.

Yes, it cost her her life sadly sad I hope this virus doesn't degenerate to what was experienced with ebola.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

how can one make k-leg to straight leg / 10 Best Drinks That Will Help In Weight Loss / Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.