Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria (2614 Views)

Medical Experts Say Nigeria Loses Over ₦576 Billion Yearly To Medical Tourism / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? / Oyinbo Man With HIV Vows To Spread It To Ladies In Lagos - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by BlueAngel444: 4:04am On Feb 29, 2020
Corona virus is a respiratory disease similar to other respiratory infections like flu, coughs, sneezing, cold and catarrh. These respiratory infections can have seasonal influences that can make its outbreaks easier to predict and contain. Some environment and weather can boost the strength of this respiratory virus, like it is been experience during winter and extremely cold weather. During Cold people tend to suffer more from coughs, sneezing, cold and catarrh which can all affect in the increase of virus epidemic.

In an interview with an expert in cellular microbiology “Simon Clark” at the Britain’s University, he confirmed that respiratory virus spread more in cold weather during winter, humidity and in a long time rainy season. He said the viral infection spread more during cold because cold weather causes irritations in the nasal passages and airways of the respiratory system, which makes people more prone to the viral infection.

During winter people are always indoor as a result of the extreme cold, which confine families in one place; creating room for easy flow of the virus in such accumulated space. Many respiratory diseases including the corona virus is not an air born diseases like SARS, they are spread in fluid that are release when a sick person coughs or sneezes. Mr. Simon Clark said when the air is cold and dry, the fluid release by this infected person are likely to stay longer in the air, and the chances of spreading is higher.

While another report has it:

According to Elizabeth McGraw of the Pennsylvania State University, the viruses (i.e. corona) tends to be associated with winter (cold season) because of how they are spread. The virus is spread through the tiny droplets of fluid that comes when an infected person sneezes or coughs.

McGraw explains that these tiny droplets are known to hang on longer in the air during cold weather when the air is wet than in warm weather when the air is dry and humid.

Considering the temperate nature of Nigeria, we can say that the coronavirus will not easily spread here like it would in Europe, Asia, Australia or America. cheesy grin

Professor Beth McGraw is the Director of the Centre for Infectious Disease Dynamics at Pennsylvania State University

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Mokason28: 4:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Smiling

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Eat one bowl of chloroquine, you'd be good as new.

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by drakespearz(m): 4:24am On Feb 29, 2020
Lol
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by xendra: 4:39am On Feb 29, 2020
okorotalkative:
Eat one bowl of chloroquine, you'd be good as new.
una want start this rubbish

na so una do with salt and water for Ebola

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 4:47am On Feb 29, 2020
Chloroquine and methamphetamine May cures Covid19
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by blues343(m): 4:55am On Feb 29, 2020
WE HOPE SO OO. SO SHALL IT BE

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by javaguru: 5:48am On Feb 29, 2020
me, I don't believe it's even in Nigeria. soon FG will map out 200b for Corona virus, the money will just vanish n they'll claim Nigeria is free of the virus..

what is the name of the Italian.
Nigeria.
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by RiyaGoddess(f): 5:58am On Feb 29, 2020
Waoooh Op thanks for this report.
On my way to school now, a lady at my right hand sneezed without covering her mouth and I almost landed on the guy on my left hand side. It's well ooo.

Modified- This Corona Virus must not spread in Nigeria ooo. Just now, a guy selling Ghana seed, used his hands to wipe his sweat on my feet. I screamed! Not long, another lady placed her armpit on me and I quickly moved. One Aboki projected his saliva after making some irritating sound. Lastly, some people have the habit of pouring out saliva on people when talking kilode.
Lord please do not let this virus stay in Nigeria.

Ok one of my customer is looking for someone to share a bale of male polo with her. If interested, chat me up.

3 Likes

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by segebase(m): 6:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Make rain no fall b that

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 29, 2020
Kuwait and UAE are very hot than the so called Nigeria yet they survived there . Please be prepared.

4 Likes

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Gulher: 7:20am On Feb 29, 2020
the virus is in UAE and it is very hot over there.
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Teaser4(m): 7:30am On Feb 29, 2020
I no pity you...and anyone wey believe that Crap.... youll die like a fowl.....
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by nazablossom(f): 7:58am On Feb 29, 2020
Rain should hold on for now o.
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Renforce: 8:22am On Feb 29, 2020
Amen o!
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by FemolasticA: 8:35am On Feb 29, 2020
I pray so too, because most of this news here on nairaland we don't no how true it's

Sort to say!
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 29, 2020
xendra:
una want start this rubbish

na so una do with salt and water for Ebola

grin
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Jrevelation(m): 8:42am On Feb 29, 2020
Alabukun will reset ur system within 2hrs
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by IDFWU(m): 11:16am On Feb 29, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
Waoooh Op thanks for this report.
On my way to school now, a lady at my right hand sneezed without covering her mouth and I almost landed on the guy on my left hand side. It's well ooo.

Modified- This Corona Virus must not spread in Nigeria ooo. Just now, a guy selling Ghana seed, used his hands to wipe his sweat on my feet. I screamed! Not long, another lady placed her armpit on me and I quickly moved. One Aboki projected his saliva after making some irritating sound. Lastly, some people have the habit of pouring out saliva on people when talking kilode.
Lord please do not let this virus stay in Nigeria.

Ok one of my customer is looking for someone to share a bale of male polo with her. If interested, chat me up.
All these happened to you or you’re just seeking for cheap attention with petty lies even with all the church you dey go undecided
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 12:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
May we be protected from the deadly CONVID 19 and other diseases.
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by PlaysNigeria: 1:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
grin maa tan arae je
Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by somtookeke(m): 4:02am On Mar 03, 2020

(HEALTH)
Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health
https://speakersden2..com/2020/03/some-coronavirus-patients-gave-wrong.html

Share, Like, Comment kiss kiss kiss

Re: Corona Virus UPDATE: Experts Say COVID-19 Can't Spread Nor Survive In Nigeria by worworbabe: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2020
It's sad how much fake news is being spread and how fast this news get to the front page. This is one of them.

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be More Than Malaria? I’m Seriously Contemplating Suicide / Green World Nigeria - Kidney Care For Men And Women / A Hospital Management System Or Hospital Software For Your Hospital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.