Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,030 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (90492 Views)

Akin Abayomi Visits Site Of The New Ojo General Hospital / Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by dfrost: 1:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
staga:
Those face masks DO NOT prevent the spread of an airborne virus. Let them keep deceiving themselves.

Don't mind gullible Nigerians. Sellers and Buyers are dumbos.
Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by luvyaself95(m): 1:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
AND HE STILL WANT TO ABSCOND.
Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by sapientia(m): 3:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheChameleon:
cheesy

GEJ was clueless but at least he had a few competent people around him.... I never thought anyone could even beat him as a failure, but PMB is making a very strong case..

He has won the case sinceeeeeeee..

1 Like

Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by Hallabee1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

the said treatment was probably mentioned to him, I think, so as to make him feel normal.

I think, they would find a way to take him off this life.

if not, aaahh! we don eneter am be that.

My brother, this thing kill faster than AIDS o...

1 Like

Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by lmm4real: 4:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
tivta:

It's either you are a kid or live in in a country where the virus is not in, trying to make jest of death is childish

Oga old man, take it easy o. If by chance you actually read at all u will know that indeed that's the wrong mask and not the medical recommend one.
Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by PHijo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheChameleon:
cheesy

Kai. Africa (not Nigeria only) is centuries behind.

We see Center for Diseases Control CDC containment labs in movies....

See this one with mosquito-control net undecided

I hope Covid 19 wouldn't take root in Nigeria. With our dense population and poor infrastructure, our death toll might be higher than even China.

GEJ was clueless but at least he had a few competent people around him.... I never thought anyone could even beat him as a failure, but PMB is making a very strong case..

GEJ is one of the most successful presidents in Nigeria's history! If you call him a failure, what would you call Obasanjo?

At least I am glad everyone can now see why we opposed Buhari in 2015. We knew he would fail but we never expected it at this scale.
Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hallabee1:

My brother, this thing kill faster than AIDS o...

I pity Nigeria if this thing escalates.

1 Like

Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by PrinceKenne(m): 10:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
efilefun:
How can a whole commissioner of health or whatever be in such location and facing the victim without ordinary Nose guard.

But one thing is certain the virus is coming to an end.
See as our professor dey look through the window unprotected, what of if the victim just spit through the window on his face?
I no understand this country again o
Re: Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). by naptu2: 4:36am On Mar 01, 2020
OK, it's time to respond to some of the comments here. I didn't respond earlier because I believe that people are just panicking and that's understandable.

1) Some people have talked about the appearance of the hospital and one person actually asked me why the hospital looked like that if 4 governments have spent money on it. If you check my last post on the first page you'll know that the hospital has been undergoing expansion and renovation even before this case was detected in Nigeria. That's one of the reasons that the commissioner visited the place, to inspect the expansion and renovation project. If you check one of the articles that I posted earlier, it stated that the hospital was a 40 bed facility. Well it has been expanded to a 100 bed facility and it is being expanded further and that's why the hospital looks like a construction site.

2) This refers to comments about the risk that the commissioner will be infected and the fact that he did not wear a face mask. A lot of people seem to think that they know more than the commissioner grin

2a) The commissioner stated in the press conference that the patient no longer has respiratory symptoms of the disease (that is, he is no longer sneezing or coughing) and that he only has body pains and feverishness at the moment. Furthermore, the commissioner was not in the same room with the patient. He was outside and, maybe you cannot see it, but there was a screen between the commissioner and the patient. Lastly, the US Centres For Disease Control does not recommend that you should wear a face mask unless you have the disease or you are in the same room with someone that has the disease.

3) Lastly, it seems that some of the people that are commenting are in so much panic that they did not read the captions of the pictures. The pictures that were taken at LUTH show the commissioner visiting a patient that has lassa fever, not coronavirus.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Remove 526 Teeth From 7 Year-old Boy's Jaw (Photos) / 36-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos / Sugar Cane Seller Picks Fallen Sugar Cane From The Gutter To Sell To The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.