Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos (53880 Views)

Catholic Church Otukpo Built By David Mark (Photos) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by dre11(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
The Catholic Church has approved new worship directives to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Lagos. It comes after cases were confirmed in Lagos and Ogun.

The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Alfred Martins, who issued new worship directive stressed that the measures, which affect the church doctrines, became imperative to keep members from contracting and spreading the deadly virus in Lagos considering its metropolitan status.

Part of the measures he reeled out was that handshaking during Mass as Sign of Peace would no longer be allowed for the time being.

“During this season of Lent, in order to reduce the number of gatherings in Church to the barest necessary, we encourage people to do Stations of the Cross privately on Wednesdays while public celebrations will take place only Fridays especially as it is often followed by Mass,” he added.

According to him, receiving of holy Communion in mouth will not be accepted but each member would be given in their palms. The catholic church also encouraged members to ensure prompt use of sanitizers.

The Catholic Archbishop further directed that clergies in their churches should suspend the use of Holy Water fonts in churches till further notice.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/catholic-church-modifies-worship-mode-in-lagos-over-coronavirus.html

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Pierce008: 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
m
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by kerzhim(m): 2:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wonderful gesture. We need to come together and fight this epidemic. Government alone can not do it.
God bless Nigeria.

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by chatinent: 2:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
If it could attack a whole pope, who can't it attack there?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Dadaboy: 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
cool
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Davash222(m): 2:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
The BEST way to manage risk is to AVOID it.

22 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by priscaoge(f): 7:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Part of the measures he reeled out was that handshaking during Mass as Sign of Peace would no longer be allowed for the time being.

Nice move!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Abboki: 7:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Very good approach

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by makewetalk2: 7:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Now, you will see wealthy Nigerians running to Lome and Guinea

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by pTomz(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Abasi mbok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by StrikeBack(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
By March 9 things would start unfolding

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Hotfella(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
God help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by iCauseTrouble: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
The only Corona that I know is Deportivo La Corona..... Every other corona no concern me.
Make I check my ticket abeg grin grin

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by franugo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Commendable... No need to take unnecessary risks.

I for advise all churches to close shop this period but I know that's impossible so best manage d risk n minimise it as possible since it can't be avoided

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by OgbanjeProphet: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
This is exactly what happened during the Ebola time. It's a very good development. But make I ask ooh,

Is the eucharist still Christ?

If yes, is coronavirus more powerful than the eucharist?

Before you term me an antichrist, I dey go church pass you cool

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by sunshineV(f): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
I don't see pastors and imman fasting and praying to end corona virus but when the vaccine is finally prepared in a lab we will thank God

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by bluefilm: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Just like the days of ebola all over again.

Well, I don't even go to church anymore so I am fully protected from that method of infection by handshake of peace.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Unapologetically catholic.

The church is wise.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Westsida: 7:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by miqos02(m): 7:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Cool
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mary should be able to protect them.

Nigerian pastors have been quite for some time now. No one claiming to be able to heal victims.

If it's fibroid now, they can make it disappear.

All this miracle pastors just went underground.

Even the one that drove from Lagos to Ibadan on empty fuel tank cannot cure the whole of China victims with just one prayer sentence.

The other one having the keys to the gate of hell will never open the gate now that it is much needed so we can send Corona Virus to hell.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Finnese001: 7:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by mu2sa2: 7:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
The way things are going people will have to worship at home for the forseeable future. "People want to go to heaven, but no-one wants to die!"

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by safarigirl(f): 7:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Perhaps all gatherings ought to seize ideally, but that will be as time goes
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Bbbwings: 7:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Catholics have sense.
Watching out for our pastorpreneurs

14 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
I think we should outrightly ban any form of congregation in nig

We need to be proactive now

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by pennywys(m): 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
There's something in everything I love about Catholic

This new generation churches will rather believe that the spiritual controls the physical

What's in me is greater than that is in the world.

Blaaaa blaaaa and all that

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Celly2020: 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
I have the full videos

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Next2Bezee(m): 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good move.

Pentecostal and Anglican churches will not emulate such wisdom. They are blinded completely by tithe and offering.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wey those PENTECOSTAL PASTORS and PROPHETS weh get mind.. grin grin grin grin.
They always Claim to be Powerful, where are they...?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches / Destined To Reign Devotional By Joseph Prince / Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.