Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible (9686 Views)

Observers Describe Enugu LG Elections As Peaceful, Commend Ugwuanyi, ENSIEC / Enugu State Governor Votes, Observers Describe Elections As Peaceful / Poll Observers Describe Enugu Elections As Peaceful, Transparent, Credible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by OEPHIUS(m): 3:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Following the conduct of Local Government Elections in Enugu State, on Saturday, a coalition of accredited independent Observers, has described the exercise as “one of the most peaceful, credible and transparent electoral exercises in the country”.

Addressing newsmen after the exercise in Enugu, the Coordinator of Civil Society Organizations, Samuel Onoja, stated that the elections were “devoid of violence and all forms of irregularities”.

Onoja added that their observations prior and during the elections were impressive, saying that “all the observers deployed to various polling booths across the 17 local government areas of Enugu State, have sent in their reports confirming that the elections were peaceful, transparent, free, fair and devoid of violence”.

He disclosed that the turn-out of voters, especially the youth and women, were also impressive, maintaining that “there were no incidents of violence, ballot box snatching and vote buying, as the electorate exercised their franchise freely and in a peaceful atmosphere”.

His words: “As we usually say, elections in Enugu State are always more peaceful and transparent than in any other state in this country.

“We commend the State Governor, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for making this possible and creating the enabling environment for peace to thrive in Enugu State. We also commend the Enugu State Independent Electoral Commission (ENSIEC), the security agencies and other relevant stakeholders, for their contributions towards the peaceful conduct of the elections”.

While urging the contestants to accept the results of the elections when released by ENSIEC, the observers applauded the people of Enugu State for their peaceful conducts during the exercise.

Gov. Ugwuanyi, at about 11:15am, voted at his Amube Ward II polling unit in Ohom Orba, Udenu Local Government Area.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/29/enugu-lg-polls-peaceful-credible-election-observers/

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by ursullalinda(f): 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
That's what the state is known for......very peaceful state.

19 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Jestin: 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
The election should be free from irregularities since it is not Oshiomole and his cohorts in APC that is in charge.

21 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by cRobo: 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Very peaceful indeed because

I never knew an election was on amid coronavirus

I won't say a word

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by alexyontop: 4:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Peaceful Bush and peaceful village...all compliant to an element

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Tookool(m): 4:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Peaceful until a winner emerges and the looser will say how the elections was marred .....with violence

2 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by socialmediaman: 4:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by cRobo: 4:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
apache22b:
The Spirits of the persons I killed in (ESUT) Agbani precisely years back in my final year in Esut were tormenting me left,right & center ,so I had to give my life to Christ Jesus !!! I feel so Ashamed of myself whenever I remember wasting Innocent lives . . .

What has that got to do with this post

10 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by morikee: 4:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Praise the Lord
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by ursullalinda(f): 4:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
apache22b:
The Spirits of the persons I killed in (ESUT) Agbani precisely years back in my final year in Esut were tormenting me left,right & center ,so I had to give my life to Christ Jesus !!! I feel so Ashamed of myself whenever I remember wasting Innocent lives . . .

Thank God you have accepted Christ....you can do more by reaching out to young cultists you know and preach salvation to them....the fact that you were once like them will make them listen to you.

10 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by shogsman(m): 4:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Why does that place look ancient.
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by YorubaKinging: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
I thought there are no brown roofs in igbo cities ni
Maybe it's just a brown colored roof

2 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by iCauseTrouble: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
APC should learn from this
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by itsme01: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
cool

See the forest the governor comes from, brown roof everywhere with unplastered uncompleted building.. I can smell the horrible environment from the pictures.. no wonder they always say they come from zoo and shithole

this ones would come to Lagos and refuse to return back to their zoo

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Perfecttouchade: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
Better
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Belugaice1: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
No one went out to vote in my street undecided

Me just go dey chill bro

I cannot come and kee myself

3 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by OBJlive: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
we want local elections to be conducted in all the local governments in Nigeria.Governors should desist from seeing local elections as doing the local politicians a favour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by DaveAbdulhadi: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
See the forest the governor comes from
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by seunlayi(m): 4:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
OBJlive:
we want local elections to be conducted in all the local governments in Nigeria.Governors should desist from seeing local elections as doing the local politicians a favour

Seconded
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by IME1: 4:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
042 wink042

What's the result so far

1 Like

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Lordbucci2: 4:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
cRobo:

What has that got to do with this post
the spirit is still tormenting him..

3 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Storeyedbuildin(m): 4:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Pls am searching for job ooo.....

I can do anytin ooo ..so far it nuh related to blood or fraud....

Be it security,gateman ,office work or even factory work....am getting tired of this life already I wud be glad if anyone can be of help....

I can even do laundry for u...clean ur house and even prepare meals for u...so far its Lagos...

If u don't av the connection u can connect me to someone who has ...plsss..

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Pls safe a starving brother

3 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Xisnin(m): 4:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Not impressed.
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Renforce: 4:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nice
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by cRobo: 4:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lordbucci2:
the spirit is still tormenting him..

Go confess to the parents and relative of the soul you murdered and seek for their forgiveness then maybe you will find peace if they forgive you
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Martini101(m): 4:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
apache22b:

Strong man. Go and report yourself to the Police���
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Azmanaty: 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
This OP, the way you ass lick Ugwuanyi, you will soon suckle on the hairs in his butt hole
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by 8stargeneral: 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Enugu is a peaceful state right from origin.... 042 obodo oma.
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by olukaygold(m): 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Enugu state is in the hands of God.

A tastefully built two bedroom flat for sale around Ekiti state University. For more details,check my sig
Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by Caleb17: 4:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
The Local Government Selection was peaceful. The exercise is a waste of tax payers money because the winners are already known by the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible by bash8936: 4:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ibo land is really a zoo. No wonder dey want to die in Yoruba land. See where a governor went to vote like idp camp.
Tufiakwa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits. / Kebbi People, Aminu Arrive Bunza To Set Pace Ahead Of Atiku’s Visit (Video) / Appeal Court Nullifies Yusuf Dahiru Liman's Election, Orders Re-Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.