Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. (40749 Views)

Lady Surrounds Herself With 25 Cakes From Her Friends On Her 25th Birthday / Beautiful Mermaid Celebrates Her Birthday In Beach Water In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Female Corper Celebrates Her 18th Birthday: Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
A great-great grandmother is turning 100 today - but will also be celebrating her 25th leap year birthday.

It's Doris Cleife's birthday on this day of 29 February and she is having an extra special party thrown for her because it will be only the 25th time in her lifetime that she will be able to celebrate the occasion on her actual birth date.

"I've waited all my life to be famous and now it happens like this," she said.

Doris Cleife was a hairdresser for 20 years
Staff at her care home - Brunel Court in Portsmouth, Hampshire - have organised the bash for Mrs Cleife.

Fellow residents, friends and local dignitaries have been invited to attend.

The retired hairdresser, whose husband Sam died in 1979, will then continue the celebrations with her family.

She said: "I never dreamed I would get this far - I lost my mother when she was quite young and my granny died when she was 47 but here we are, and I have a sister who is 98."

When asked how it feels to only have had 25 birthdays, she said: "I don't feel any different.

"I wouldn't want all the fuss but the family have been talking about it for goodness how long, and I had a letter from one of my great grandchildren who was seven, he said at the end of the letter 'does the Queen know your address?'."

She said: "I am waiting for my letter from the Queen.

"To be honest, I am feeling quite philosophical about becoming 100, but I am looking forward to spending time with my new friends and my family.

Source: https://www.sky.com/story/amp/leap-day-great-great-grandmother-celebrates-her-25th-birthday-11945299

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by chatinent: 4:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lol. February's age.

9 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Sixfeetbelle: 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awww. This is beautiful.

I've always wondered how people born on 29th February handle birthdays, now I know.

Happy birthday to a Centenary

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
Awww. This is beautiful.

I've always wondered how people born on 29th February handle birthdays, now I know.

I just discovered that no nairalander has birthday today.

Normally one normally sees those celebrating birthdays today at the front page when you scroll to the bottom but today there is not a single person grin

24 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nebes: 4:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
And I just oversaw the delivery of a baby today. Wonder when she’ll celebrate her birthday.

21 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Lawgod247: 4:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
ok
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nebes:
And I just oversaw the delivery of a baby today. Wonder when she’ll celebrate her birthday.
Are you a doctor?

1 Like

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by lonelydora: 5:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
She has celebrated her birthday only 25 times. Wow! Congratulations to her.

6 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by free2ryhme: 5:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Perfecttouchade: 5:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Happy Birthday iya Agba..I celebrate u

3 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by McBrooklyn(m): 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
I've been meaning to ask whatever happens to those born on a leap day sef?? Do dey get to celebrate their birthday February 28th or March 1st of every year without a leap day??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by crackhouse(m): 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
25yrs how?
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Maxcollins042(m): 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Dating a woman/man that has a leap year birthday will be fun. One won't be saddled with the headache of figuring out a birthday present to offer them annually.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
If only it was really 25........ wink
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by deebee13(f): 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Aaaaaaawwwwww, so cute!
25 sure looks good on her smiley

3 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by blinking001(m): 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Happy birthday to her. Growing old and being happy is a priceless gift. May we all be happy and alive to enjoy such bliss.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Evilgenuis: 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Great feat she must be a genuis grin grin grin
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by ChildFun: 5:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lol

Please contact me for your Topcio Ghana Soap on zero eight zero six zero two nine one seven two nine. If you want your skin to glow while eradicating pimples, dark spots, blemishes and stretch marks then waste no further time.
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Kaimadiya(f): 5:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Happy Birthday
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by helinues: 5:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wow . That's a lot

Happy birthday Grandma

1 Like

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Mizwisdom(f): 5:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wow
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Happy centenary silver jubilee grandma... Personally I would av bin city celebrating my bday on march 1st if it was me...
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by AmazonHippolyta(f): 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Normally one normally sees those celebrating birthdays today at the front page when you scroll to the bottom but today there is not a single person grin

Not true.

Birthdays have not appeared since a week ago.
It may not even appear tomorrow sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Evangkatsoulis: 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Even yesterday.
Seun has done away with that.
There are ads in place of those.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by RockyEyo(m): 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
MRcocaFanta:
Are you a doctor?

He must be a carpenter grin

3 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by AmazonHippolyta(f): 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nebes:

Awwn smiley

1 Like

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
She's 25 na. she has no day-of-birth to show for the remaining 75years.
Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by 77up(m): 5:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Really? Honestly,I haven't aware of this grin

1 Like

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by molybdenum0012: 5:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
crackhouse:
25yrs how?

She was born on February 29. And out of 100years she has lived, there have been only 25 years that have leap year, that is February 29. For the remaining 75 years, February ends in 28.

6 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by Mateen1000: 5:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
Awww. This is beautiful.

Most are shifted to 28 and 1st of march, Na y pple no dey too plenty wey dey celebrate on 29

2 Likes

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by nurez305(m): 5:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Why do people value celebrating birthday so much.... As for me, I don't even remember or think of my birthday until nairaland and some banks wished me happy birthday..... my birthday is like every other day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leap Day: Great-great Grandmother Celebrates Her '25th Birthday. by SEEDORF441(m): 5:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
25 multiply by 4
She is 100 yrs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Rescued Prostitute Weds In Omega Power Church In Rivers (Photos) / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending / Bridal Shower Paint Party: Bride & Her Squad Go Into Painting Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.