Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness (1519 Views)

How To Overcome Shyness Before It Buries Your Potentials / How Can I Overcome Shyness / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by moneymail(m): 12:01am On Jun 03, 2007
Is your boyfriend too shy to say the things you need to hear from him? Too shy to stand up and defend himself (or YOU!) in public? Here are some tips you can try to help him find the bolder man inside.

Realize that people aren't shy by choice, but they CAN choose to overcome it. While you can't force him to overcome his shyness, you can do a lot toward boosting his self-esteem and making him WANT to come out of his shell.

Whatever you do, DON'T BADGER HIM about it - this will have the opposite effect. You need to develop an attitude of patient, loving appreciation of all that he does well. He is your boyfriend for a reason - don't lose sight of that! Begin by letting him know (honestly) everything that he does that you feel great about, paying particular attention to times when he is a little bolder.

For example, if he speaks to a difficult waiter for you, thank him for taking care of you. However, if he fails to do what you need, don't do or say anything that will make him turn further into his shell. You need to make his successes feel like very positive experiences, and ignore his misses as much as you are able.

Make a real effort to notice all of the things your boyfriend does do well, and mention them to him. Give him admiration and respect for the great qualities he does have, and keep on praising and appreciating him every time he makes even a tiny step toward breaking out of his shyness.

Shyness can be a means to protect himself; that is why it is essential that you never come across as a threat to his wellbeing. Be his biggest fan and supporter for the man he is right now, but give him positive reinforcement every time he tests the waters of bolder behaviour.

Don't reinforce the behaviour you don't want - that means, don't give it any energy, including complaining about it, nagging, acting disappointed, etc. Reinforce only the behaviour you want to continue or increase!
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by omogenaija(f): 1:25am On Jun 03, 2007
its like everytime i reply one of ur topics u create another one , and i have the answer for each one

WATS WORKS FOR ONE PERSON MAY NOT WORK FOR THE OTHER

abeg again , write a book i will buy it
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by moneymail(m): 1:30am On Jun 03, 2007
omoge naija wats on your mind?
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by omogenaija(f): 1:31am On Jun 03, 2007
i've already said it
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by moneymail(m): 1:31am On Jun 03, 2007
omoge naija wats on your mind?
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by omogenaija(f): 1:32am On Jun 03, 2007
my 1st reply saids it all
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by wadobomi(f): 1:38am On Jun 03, 2007
tell him to have as many gilrfriends as possible - it overcomes shyness.
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by Sharn06: 1:40am On Jun 03, 2007
lmfao
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by moneymail(m): 1:43am On Jun 03, 2007
wadobomi,, somebody is shy you saying he should have more girl friends. where he go get the liver to to open his mouth say he likes them. abi?
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by wadobomi(f): 1:44am On Jun 03, 2007
no - if he tries to get as many dates as possible - in a way - that will make him overcome his problems. init?
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by linoprada(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
WADOBOMI i kinda like ur name are u seriousu want to be ,,, u know?call me and let talk maybe i can dobore
Re: How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness by nevachange(f): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
Bleep him all daY HE WILLL BELIEVE HE IS MAN ENUF, THIS THREAD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAY

(1) (Reply)

Wat Will U Do If U Find Out Dat Ur Daughter Is In Love N Pregnant For Ur Driver / Why Do Girls Always Tell Little Lies / Can A Graduate Marry School Cert. Holder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.