Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (49986 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
pdppower:
Very true. He was the first and only president to review downward the price of petrol in Nigeria. He had other good plans but unfortunately death did not allow him to actualise them. Continue to RIP.
one of the visionary leaders Nigeria never endured. His agendas were clear and precise.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Emmanuel630(m): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
otobong2:
I really miss him,he was the best president Nigeria ever have.Rip the man of the masses.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by back2sender: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
See as pigs are everywhere congratulating the WOMAN as longs as they see it as a slap on Mr president BUT forgetting this woman held the nation to a standstill and introduce the cabal concept in Nigeria politics.

When Jonathan was refused from been the leader in line with the constitutions

It was the Yoruba led by femi falana that fought this out while the pigs as usual where no where to be found, but today see them gallivanting on this woman.

Tufiakwa!! Awon omo ale jatijati

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by CsRockefeller(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

What did Yar'Adua do? Don't tell me about history. I have a PhD in it.

Lol. What metrics do you use to rate the best President Nigeria has ever had.

Let's start from there.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by michoim(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
But Nigeria was stagnant during those regimes ...I think we should dig into the archives and look at the reliable information on Nigeria economic index at that time compared to what it was before, then we can pass judgement...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by chukwumzurum(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
He was a good man..
But I guess we're all singing his praise because he's dead and died early before he could spread his pants for us to see..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by GreatResearcher: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
dominique:
It was during his regime that we knew what it felt like for lecturers not to go on strike. His administration introduced different batches and streams for NYSC that enabled a lot of PCMs go for service earlier than expected. Before then, graduates had wait for about a year or two before getting deployed. Too bad death took him away from us before we could realize his full potentials. Continue to RIP OMY

Boko Haram started during his regime though.
BH was created in 2003 during OBJ time. But manifested during GEJ time.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by fantastic1: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
XOGBADO:

This is the only reasonable person that has quoted me.

It matters Chief, women have a certain level of influence on their husband.
That means she was a good influence because the husband made sound decisions in the few years he was president.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. What metrics do you use to rate the best President Nigeria has ever had.

Let's start from there.
Which metrics did you use to arrive at your own conclusion that a PDP president is Nigeria's best president?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by heilige(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Turai herself and the cabal for don thief our monies finish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
fantastic1:

That means she was a good influence because the husband made sound decisions in the few years he was president.
Which r some of the sound decisions?
Please enlighten us
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Risingblue008(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Na him make her and ibori hide her husband from us for months abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by CsRockefeller(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Which metrics did you use to arrive at your own conclusion that a PDP president is Nigeria's best president?

I never said anyone is Nigeria's best President, I only agreed with Mrs Turai submission.

You on the other hand said Buhari is Nigeria's best ever President.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by guru90: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is better than Yar'Adua. Yar'Adua was as clueless as the person that succeeded him.
"Yar'Adua was a good president" is a myth. 16 years of PDP was a disaster n Yar'Adua was a part of it. How how was he a better president? Because he died in office?

Nonsense

Are u ok?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Owodiran1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
dominique:
It was during his regime that we knew what it felt like for lecturers not to go on strike. His administration introduced different batches and streams for NYSC that enabled a lot of PCMs go for service earlier than expected. Before then, graduates had wait for about a year or two before getting deployed. Too bad death took him away from us before we could realize his full potentials. Continue to RIP OMY

Boko Haram started during his regime though.
no sir. He ordered the release of Yusuf. Before the order was received. Police has carelessly killed and butchered Yusuf mercilessly. By that he was already critically ill. Jonathan was the interim then
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
GreatResearcher:
BH was created in 2003 during OBJ time. But manifested during GEJ time.
You don't know your history. BH was there too during Yar'Adua's time. GEJ finished his tenure.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by franchasng: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
If only Katsina state people had donated Buhari to replace Yaradua in the yonder, Nigeria would have been better today.

The best Presidents Nigeria ever had are in decreasing order below:

Yaradua
Goodluck
Obasanjo
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Sedonxavi: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ogaonos:
bolo haram may have started then but during yaradua the group was jux a mere Sharia group carry hunter gun.which took d military to shut them up capture d leader deliver to police Nd d leader slept off (killed) in their custody DT was yaradua regime when d group didn't have strong political backing.in Jona time d northern elite back them why will a weak bolo haram with hunter guns come dey carry rocket launcher tanks.d north elite bolo haram will ungovern d country but it back fired.in Buhari d aftermath of d back fire is now a reality in d north.is nw a northern problem Nd nt a Nigeria problem.before anyone quote me to disagree why is it DT boko haram have nt bomb d south since it existence even nw DT d security in d coutry at its weakest.because d elite in d north fear it will cause a break of d country Nd lost of oil wealth in d niger delta
Hottest secret of the month. Kudoos
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Ramos16(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
pdppower:
Very true. He was the first and only president to review downward the price of petrol in Nigeria. He had other good plans but unfortunately death did not allow him to actualise them. Continue to RIP.

Reviewing fuel price downwards is not an achievement, somebody is bearing the cost, just because it isn't affecting you directly dies not mean it won't come back and bite the nation in the ass
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by GreatResearcher: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
back2sender:
See as pigs are everywhere congratulating the WOMAN as longs as they see it as a slap on Mr president BUT forgetting this woman held the nation to a standstill and introduce the cabal concept in Nigeria politics.

When Jonathan was refused from been the leader in line with the constitutions

It was the Yoruba led by femi falana that fought this out while the pigs as usual where no where to be found, but today see them gallivanting on this woman.

Tufiakwa!! Awon omo ale jatijati
Is it not this same woman that denied GEJ entry to see the then sick president? Was it not in this woman's husband tenure that vp was treated like a slave? A document was flown oversea for a sick president to sign when he had a vp?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by IamHonourable1: 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
Very wonderful former president.l really miss him.This life,the good die while the bad refuse to,while causing havoc everywhere.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Neoteny(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lols

It was during his time that the word "cabal" entered the national political lexicon, to show he was not in charge.

I mostly remember Yaradua as being half-alive during his short reign.

For the record, half-alive and half-dead are interchangeable, but the former is generally more socially agreeable.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Sedonxavi: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
tunapawizzy:

the followers are also not ready to be free honestly. how we found ourselves having to pick between Buhari and Atiku in a nation of forward-thinkers is beyond my understanding. No oppressor will decide to stop oppressing, we will have to forcefully stop the oppressor..leaving it to the so called leaders? it will only get worse. they are the beneficiaries.
If u know d kind of ppl u sharing d country with may perhaps u wouldn't av said that. The Hausa/Fulani don't know anything except Buahari
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by BennyDon: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yar'Adua was the first Nigeria's democratic president who never lived to serve the second term since democracy returned in 1999. He had good intentions, he never lived a double-standard life. He was honest, real and focused, He was never a zombie like Lagata.

May his soul continue to rest in Al-janah!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by GreatResearcher: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You don't know your history. BH was there too during Yar'Adua's time. GEJ finished his tenure.
Next time use ur brain bfore quoting g great researcher. I said BH was created during OBJ and manifested during GEJ time. Common sense should tell that my statement means that there was BH during UMY time
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by 8stargeneral: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
U will forever remain in our heart.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I never said anyone is Nigeria's best President, I only agreed with Mrs Turai submission.

You on the other hand said Buhari is Nigeria's best ever President.
You agreed with Mrs Turai that her husband was Nigeria's best president. Why?
Buhari is laying the foundation of a Nigeria that my grandchildren will be proud of. It's has not been easy for him to do so especially coming from PDP's disasterously 16 years.
The Yoruba say,"Seven Kings Seven Stories". So anyone can lay claim to being Nigeria's best president. For me, it certainly can't be a PDP president. 16 years of PDP is an aberration in Nigeria's history. Wasted years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by vikstandon(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mummy Turai Yaradua.... You are so true on this; as an IGBO man who applauds good; I want to say we have not had a President before ur Husband and after ur Husband.

But he failed us also... Knowing that the good and destiny of Nigeria was resting on him (the warlord); he would have conducted himself by staying healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. I hear he burnt his lungs; how then was he expecting to stay long to birth this New Nigeria.

I miss PUMY...I miss his administration; we had a President in UMARU MUSA YARADUA.
May He be long remembered for the little change he brought.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Is it not this same woman that denied GEJ entry to see the then sick president? Was it not in this woman's husband tenure that vp was treated like a slave? A document was flown oversea for a sick president to sign when he had a vp?
Don't mind children that just turned 18 in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Plusk4u: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
You are right � ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You / Flutterwave Founder, Iyin Aboyeji, Presents Tinubu Tech Policy (Photo) / N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.