Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state - Culture (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state (37761 Views)

Oldest History Books Say Yoruba Not Benin Founded Lagos / Why Is The Yoruba Not United In Business & Politics / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
AmuDimpka:

You guys are weaklins ... You have your land taken by Ijaws ! You have only two local government ...Oredo and Egor, Esan don't send you and mind you in former biafra Igbo defeated you easily ! In short it was a walk over and would always do that ...Igbo have the means and the population....

Also , Gelegele is off you...ijaw has aken it forever and you can't fight ijaw ! They have Niger population also

And finally, ye Igbo never included you in the former biafra and they aren't even including you in he doesn't biafra ....what we can do after biafra is go colonise you and that will be easier and you guys would be pleased for it
How do you expect a state still in a sovereign state to have military?
That sounds redundant
It was not about Edo state, it was Nigeria Vs Biafra
Not Edo Vs Biafra

Think before you speak
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Ayorichodua: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Think4Myself:

Wrong, oba of Lagos is a Bini man
. Your proof and I'll show you proof that oba of Benin is Yoruba man even wearing Yoruba crown

3 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ayorichodua:
. Your proof and I'll show you proof that oba of Benin is Yoruba man even wearing Yoruba crown
Ogbeni whatever you show me will be a Bini crown that yorubas appropriated because they are a majority ethnic group
Just like the Igbos have been appropriating Bini beads and female traditional attire
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Ayorichodua: 1:20am On Sep 27, 2021
Think4Myself:

Ogbeni whatever you show me will be a Bini crown that yorubas appropriated because they are a majority ethnic group
Just like the Igbos have been appropriating Bini beads and female traditional attire
lol you're so funny
So all oba too is Benin word too? Or do ogisos use crown then?� just listen to yourself
Benin remain Yoruba colony and we still own Binin palace

2 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Oghodua: 5:13am On Sep 27, 2021
Ayorichodua:
lol you're so funny
So all oba too is Benin word too? Or do ogisos use crown then?� just listen to yourself
There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by TAO11(f): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2021
Cc: Ayorichodua
Oghodua:
[s]There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.[/s]

LMAO

7 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Ayorichodua: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=Oghodua post=106206307]There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.[/. Lol why do you change from ogisos to using of obas? Accept the fact
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ayorichodua:
lol you're so funny
Bini own Yoruba actually
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Ayorichodua: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Think4Myself:

Bini own Yoruba actually
If wishes where horse

3 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ayorichodua:
If wishes where horse
I no lie sha
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Olu317(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
AreaFada2:

Lol. Do you know people have spent decades of research doing research into these things?
The languages are not even similar.
Whereas nobody needs to tell you that Igbira and Yoruba are similar or that Benin and Urhobo or Degema are very close.

Again educate yourself properly. It's not my argument. It's convergence of local history, poetry and modern scientific research.

As we already know our SW people think they have monopoly of cleverness. Anyone not doing their bidding is stupid. Only tribal supremacy is important. Truth has no meaning. Even SW people bold enough to be objective are called "omale".

Oduduwa was an exiled Benin Prince. He didn't didn't descend from any bloody mountain, from any chain from heaven or magically wander across any God-forsaken Sahara desert from Israel or Arabia. The versions are so many that you should be ashamed telling your kids such humbug.

Quite pathetic for people who revel in and boast about being educated. grin cheesy
You are so annoying to cook astory again and again that One exiled Ughotton prince and headchief was odua who died century before AD.

You make me laugh! An edo man went to Ughotton and dig out the corresponding fact that support Bini had a link with Yorubas that is superior to her.

What about , the account of Bini pact with Portuguese begun around 1485? The account ultimately led to the fact that Ekalardan lived and died in Ughotton and his descendants reign as the leader of Ughotton.

During the era of oba ozolua, ohen Olokun,the descendant of Ekalardan served the king of Bini....

Who is fooling who ?Grow up and be wiser

4 Likes

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by SirNewtonNG: 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
Think4Myself:

Inferiority complex on steroids. I've never heard a load of nonsense like this before. Are you actually crazy? Are you trolling!? Because what's this. So everything is literally benin. Is this how much you people are suffering from ego battering. Leave nigeria na damn. Oba of lagos crown is now bini?? Lmao even when the oba of benin himself got his right to wear a crown and be called oba because he was from ife. How many other people are obas in the edoid area. You are a joke

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by SirNewtonNG: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
[] There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.[/quote]

Lmao are you lot this delusional. Everyone knows omo means child and oba means king neither are the real words in bini language. There's a bini dictionary that literally exist lmao grin. N there literally means of just like the phrase odua nuhe from the praise names of the oba of benin or oghane nuhe. That style is still preserved in eastern yoruba languages, In ijebu for instance where I'm from its ne, ne means of. The reality is when oromoyan got to benin, the palace became yoruba, the language of administration, monarchy and trade was yoruba. The obas made sure to presence their culture and language alongside the local benin, hence why ogiso and ogie native words for King was shifted aside. Stop this nonsense, the length you clowns will go is crazy, are you actually comfortable with the lies you are telling yourself in the name of what? Superiority or fear of being swallowed up? I've never seen a people suffer from such inferiority complex in my life.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by SirNewtonNG: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
[quote author post=106206307]There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.[/quote]

Lmao are you lot this delusional. Everyone knows omo means child and oba means king neither are the real words in bini language. There's a bini dictionary that literally exist lmao grin. N there literally means of just like the phrase odua nuhe from the praise names of the oba of benin or oghane nuhe. That style is still preserved in eastern yoruba languages, In ijebu for instance where I'm from its ne, ne means of. The reality is when oromoyan got to benin, the palace became yoruba, the language of administration, monarchy and trade was yoruba. The obas made sure to presence their culture and language alongside the local benin, hence why ogiso and ogie native words for King was shifted aside. Stop this nonsense, the length you clowns will go is crazy, are you actually comfortable with the lies you are telling yourself in the name of what? Superiority or fear of being swallowed up? I've never seen a people suffer from such inferiority complex in my life.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by SirNewtonNG: 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2022
Oghodua:
There are the same word in every tribe which can mean different things, the Word Oba is Bini just like it is yoruba. Oba means to shine, like a leading light, This is the breakdown of the full title. omo in Bini does not only means child in Benin, it is also used to refer a grown person who one is convinced is worthy human you can find comment like "Omo'nor" meaning "na person" in this case it is so. In that of the Binis there is a significant stress with the A signifying it is so and the Edo at the End is also a factor, the N at both side are also factors they are very important in Edo writings and they can't be wished away nor should not be interpreted wrongly, They are verbs talking about what the former word is doing.
.OMO'N'OBA'N'EDO- The one that shines, The leading light of all Edo race. Light is always synonymous with leadership, something like a pacesetter.

1 Like

Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
SirNewtonNG:

You spitting...

Cap
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by badex05(m): 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
[.

Cheers![/quote]
Please can you repost the source.
I'd like to show somebody!
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by badex05(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Please can you repost the source.
I'd like to show somebody!
Re: The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state by Christistruth03: 7:10am On Dec 06, 2023
AworiLagosian:

Honestly this your reply stems from the deep seated reservations/position you have about the Benin-Yoruba relationship.
Did My reply ever insinuate that Benin is in the Yoruba confederation?
Fine Benin are not in any way close to Yorubas, I think that much is clear. They are on their own after-all. Are you pleased enough now?

And Yes, thank God, yur era of subduing and dominating the natives of Lagos is long gone and never to return!! You guys were e very destructive empire and anti progressive force in Southern Nigeria for ages. That is why in the whole edo state today, outside of Benin, no town even exceeds 200,000 in population. Which only buttresses my point that Beninin was a nation state that wouldn't let anything around it thrive. Benin people of those days would bring their plundering attitude all the way to Idanre, Akure, Owo, Epe just to decimate Yoruboid tribes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

10 Ways To Say ‘hello’ To A Nigerian / Nigerian Kings Exquisite Cars At The Sokoto Durbar Yesterday (photos) / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.