Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,550 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers (41099 Views)

Cash-Strapped Ghana Hits MTN With N350-Billion Tax Bill, MTN Disputes (PICS) / Call For 60minute On Mtn With 100 Naira / Get 2.5gb On MTN With Just 1000 Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dear MTN..

I am going to be very brief on this, but I would make my points very clear.

You people had been doing “recycling of numbers” of innocent Nigerians who had not used their lines for up to one year or more, and the only remedy you guys put in place was to introduce a service known as “Keep My Line”, which you guys did not even sensitize the citizens on or make popular enough, and as a result, lots of the helpless Nigerian citizens did not even know about this service.

This had cause a lot of people to loose their precious numbers just like that, only because they had the opportunity of travelling abroad for some jobs or for studies, or maybe for one serious reason or another had a good cause to temporarily abandon their main lines for more than one year..

MTN, you guys never thought that these recycled lines might had been connected to the original owners bank-accounts, and that the new owners of these lines would now be given express unchecked access to these bank account through the USSD Mobile Banking Methods.

...Yess..
Someone recently bought a new line, and with all the happiness that he was able to still see a “0803...” number still available, the next thing he started seeing were messages from lots of people he never knew, lots of calls from unknown persons mistaking him to be the husband of one certain lady and telling him to hand the phone over to her so that they can talk to her directly.. Meanwhile, this guy had not married. He doesn't even have a serious girlfriend at the moment. To cap it all, he continued receiving series of endless debit and credit alerts on his phones of transactions he knows absolute nothing about.
He first went to the bank to stop the endless alerts, but they told him that he wasn't the one to apply for the change of number, but the original owner of the bank-account.

Now, imagine that this guy here has someone working in the bank who is ready to divulge information to him for some chicken change,, all he needs is just the correct account number of the person, and he would activate the USSD mobile banking options on the bank account..
What if the original owner had already activated USSD Mobile Banking?? In that case, all that the new owner of the line would do is just to dial the USSD mobile banking code for the bank, and start trying his best to change the transaction PIN or Password.

Dear MTN, if you guys may recall,, there is a recent issue which is already in court between You (MTN), Hanan Buhari (President Buhari's Daughter), The DSS, and one Anthony Okolie from Delta State.

To be honest, you MTN are the main cause of all the problems here. You guys blocked off Hanan in the first place and she lost her precious line.. Then you went ahead to sell the same line as a new line to an innocent unsuspecting Anthony.
Tell me, is it his fault that he bought the line..
You guys are totally guilty here.

And the earlier you stop doing this recycling of numbers, the better for you guys.
More criminal cases are still coming.

The case of Anthony Okolie and Hanan Buhari is just the beginning.

260 Likes 32 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Ay04z(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Seconded, first page material unless lalasticlala is one one of grin mtn staff

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ay04z:
Seconded, first page material unless lalasticlala is one one of grin mtn staff
You know, there are no snakes on this thread.. But there are lots of sense here.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
Racoon.. You can see this too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
uruba23:
The President did the right thing .... my Sims was also cloned .....but i suspect connivance with service operators good thing the telecoms minister was shown the way out....
It is possible that your lines were not actually cloned.
May, they were recycled..
Have you investigated properly??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
gift2xl:
Lies full this country, this country is the devils house. Because the dude has sue them to court, they want to turn the table round, idiot's, y not hold mtn that recycled the line and sent it to the market for sale. Am pained by what this country is doing to it's citizens. With this type of things, this country is heading to a rock. big fool's that don't value there citizens, rather they're happy subjecting them to pains and suffering. There educational background zero, sometimes I wonder if there is a brain inside there heads. Everything zero. I de vex.
I am of this same opinion.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Monday60655:
MTN should be hold responsible.
This Is Exactly My Point.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Monday60655(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
tk4rd:
This Is Exactly My Point.

Yea, that is the truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by tk4rd: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
Pat081:
Why the man and not the useless mtn network ??same tin is happen to my glo &etisalat line anytime i use it to call people truecaller will show Pastor Sunday or Lawyer David and i hv b to their office many times they hv done ntin to it any way that is 9ja for us always moving back ward
Wait..
So GLO and Etisalat (or abi 9mobile) do the same thing to people too?

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Pat081: 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sorry 9mobile and i hv b 2d office many times
tk4rd:
Wait..
So GLO and Etisalat (or abi 9mobile) do the same thing to people too?
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Perfecttouchade: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
They better do something o
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Offpoint: 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Aboki called, you told him "Wrong number"
He calls back like "Wrong number" means "Call me back" in Hausa.

That's my own headache

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by bobmatex(m): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
They really deserve that letter. This how I can not use my old number to receive alert again
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by jericco1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
angry
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Racoon(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
tk4rd:
Racoon.You can see this too.
Thanks! NCC really have to address this fraudulent practice by the telecom regulators(esp.MTN, Airtel).

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by StrikeBack(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
Na wah oo

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
A protest letter against recycling of old, worn-out polithieves like bubu,Tibubu and Lai would have added sense into this write up undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by visijo(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
She invited you to her church and you are going with condoms in your pocket for what now ?

11 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by hisexcellency34: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nothing bad in recycling numbers..as long as you dont commit fraud with it

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by PrincessB1(f): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Not MTN alone

Other network providers are guilty.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Are these telecoms claiming there is absolutely no way to restrict all ussd transactions and previously sim-tied message on recycled numbers until new users activate them for their own account

Afterall all ussd transactions goes through the telecoms, if you can wipe my name, fingerprint and other information associated to my previous sim card why can't you wipe my bank accounts tied to the same sim card

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by snipesdam(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
This has affected a lot folks. Only a court order will fix this.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by fatymore(f): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Thank you pocochantas for the patronage.

God bless you Sis

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by beverlycauley29(f): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
I concur
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by PureGoldh(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ok....Nice points you gat there
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by pennywys(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Just bought a new Glo SIM

There I had problem explaining myself cos of Truecaller
Truecaller shows shedrack

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Osyxcel(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
It's not only peculiar to MTN. All network recycle and Etisalat even does it faster.

However, they all have a servixe through which you can suspend your line (in case of travel or unavailability) so you don't lose access to it.
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
tk4rd:
Dear MTN..

I am going to be very brief on this, but I would make my points very clear.

You people had been doing “recycling of numbers” of innocent Nigerians who had not used their lines for up to one year or more, and the only remedy you guys put in place was to introduce a service known as “Keep My Line”, which you guys did not even sensitize the citizens on or make popular enough, and as a result, lots of the helpless Nigerian citizens did not even know about this service.

This had cause a lot of people to loose their precious numbers just like that, only because they had the opportunity of travelling abroad for some jobs or for studies, or maybe for one serious reason or another had a good cause to temporarily abandon their main lines for more than one year..

MTN, you guys never thought that these recycled lines might had been connected to the original owners bank-accounts, and that the new owners of these lines would now be given express unchecked access to these bank account through the USSD Mobile Banking Methods.

...Yess..
Someone recently bought a new line, and with all the happiness that he was able to still see a “0803...” number still available, the next thing he started seeing were messages from lots of people he never knew, lots of calls from unknown persons mistaking him to be the husband of one certain lady and telling him to hand the phone over to her so that they can talk to her directly.. Meanwhile, this guy had not married. He doesn't even have a serious girlfriend at the moment. To cap it all, he continued receiving series of endless debit and credit alerts on his phones of transactions he knows absolute nothing about.
He first went to the bank to stop the endless alerts, but they told him that he wasn't the one to apply for the change of number, but the original owner of the bank-account.

Now, imagine that this guy here has someone working in the bank who is ready to divulge information to him for some chicken change,, all he needs is just the correct account number of the person, and he would activate the USSD mobile banking options on the bank account..
What if the original owner had already activated USSD Mobile Banking?? In that case, all that the new owner of the line would do is just to dial the USSD mobile banking code for the bank, and start trying his best to change the transaction PIN or Password.

Dear MTN, if you guys may recall,, there is a recent issue which is already in court between You (MTN), Hanan Buhari (President Buhari's Daughter), The DSS, and one Anthony Okolie from Delta State.

To be honest, you MTN are the main cause of all the problems here. You guys blocked off Hanan in the first place and she lost her precious line.. Then you went ahead to sell the same line as a new line to an innocent unsuspecting Anthony.
Tell me, is it his fault that he bought the line..
You guys are totally guilty here.

And the earlier you stop doing this recycling of numbers, the better for you guys.
More criminal cases are still coming.

The case of Anthony Okolie and Hanan Buhari is just the beginning.

This was how i lost my precious MTN line. It wasn't up to 4 months. I now hate MTN with passion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by money121(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ok
Re: An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers by Kayleb01: 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
This issue really needs to be looked into.....

I don't think recycling numbers is that necessary sef

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application / 10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.